PDA

View Full Version : Imagine: an Opera house you could just sit and watch Plays in whenever you felt like!

Synchrossassin
08-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Sorry hope this is the right place for this, I could not find a thread that I think would fit-if there is one, please redirect me.
Basically all I wanted to say was, since approximately 1 out of every 4 buildings have interiors that we can seamlessly enter, along with many landmarks/large structures, I had a thought: So in one interview one of the developers I think, said that if you were to watch a guillotine and the crowd, the game would go through beheading about 100 different people before starting the loop again (which I thought was a Wow thing, pretty sweet..not the death part of course but the fact they can now do this sort of thing in the technological sense..makes me wonder, if for some reason I wanted to save one of these random ppl. could I?) And my thought was this: How Freaking AWESOME would it be if you could enter some huge Opera Theater (seamlessly of course) take a seat and watch plays and operas, that would be freaking awesome!! Like have half a dozen different plays that would loop after a while of course..anyway, this kinda thing would make me so Happy :D just thought I'd put that out there :)

marvelfannumber
08-04-2014, 12:06 AM
That sounds incredibely awsome and I would love for them to put it in, however I personally think they should save it for a Templar game (along with riding horse carriages).

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 01:03 AM
I would friggin love this

Ureh
08-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Yea you can save the people that're about to be executed.

I also love the opera idea. But I hope they let us buy a ticket first... and hopefully they also let us sneak into the opera and watch it from the roof or even behind the stage.

HDinHB
08-04-2014, 01:44 AM
When I read your subject, I was going to say "that's what youtube is for," but I see you mean in the game. Red Dead Redemption had little movie theatres you could go in and watch short flicks. Ubi should kick themselves if they didn't think of this. I'm not a huge fan of opera, and we're about 100 years too early for the Moulin Rouge, but there are probably some era-appropriate venues worth visiting. Maybe they could just put Les Mis on a loop.:p I like the idea of buying a ticket or sneaking in. Something like the Theatre Royal from AC3,

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 01:50 AM
And I hope I get to sit behind an obnoxiously tall guy.

HDinHB
08-04-2014, 01:59 AM
And I hope I get to sit behind an obnoxiously tall guy.

"WARNING: Arno did not kill civilians, even if they were blocking his view."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_opera#From_the_Revolution_to_Rossini

Locopells
08-04-2014, 02:40 AM
And watch out for the Phantom!

Sesheenku
08-04-2014, 03:04 AM
I would use all my in game money to watch plays!

ACfan443
08-04-2014, 03:06 AM
I would use all my in game money to watch plays!

I'd pay extra for front row seats.

Sesheenku
08-04-2014, 03:09 AM
I'd pay extra for front row seats.

On second thought I'll just pickpocket the guy with the fanciest outfit. Surely he already has front row seats.

JustPlainQuirky
08-04-2014, 04:12 AM
Oh god someone please direct this glorious thread to the devs. This and the Joseph Decreux one.

Mr_shade! Your cue! :rolleyes:

Ureh
08-04-2014, 05:58 AM
Yea hopefully Elise and Arno can send letters to each other by pigeon or something. That way we can schedule dates to the opera and other misc. stuff.

Synchrossassin
08-07-2014, 06:36 PM
@Ureh I'm gonna guess that won't be in the game, but it's a great idea and would be awesome!! And yeah I like the ideas you guys are adding to this, very nice..I'm not really an opera watcher either but I love theater scenes/moments in movies and vid games, feels fancy and there's something special, cinematic about it if anybody gets what I mean :/ lol jeeez only 2 1/2 months left!! :D I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best, if not THE BEST, AC game ever created..of course some people prefer wide-open exploration games like Black Flag which I absolutely loved as well, that was a blast and a change in direction for an AC game, but I do much prefer huge cities and that Assassin's Creed feel to the game, like in AC2's Italy..I love the French Revolution era for an AC game, it's just too perfect! Going back to its roots while redefining, or rather revamping (whichever you prefer) the core pillars of gameplay for the new consoles that are capable of rendering an AC game and city like AC was meant to be played...just so much YESSS I honestly was hoping for an AC during Victorian England, but this is the closest thing to that anyway, and probably an even better setting!! (I was only hoping for a Victorian England AC because I thought it would be cool to have a Sherlock Holmes-esque type assassin, like smart as hell and great at figuring stuff out like a detective, would be awesome to have a very bright, knowledgeable assassin compared to previous protagonists, who were clever and sneaky of course, they were smart enough to know how to fight and survive but they weren't exceptionally intelligent) HOWEVER from what I've heard of Arno so far is that he's very intelligent, has read many books and was educated very well since he was young and we'll be doing some murder mysteries in the game which sounds like tracking down people/clues, soooo looks like I got what I wanted anyway!! LOL so I haven't played the game yet of course, but so far Arno is shaping to be my favorite assassin in the series..also I love his outfit, the noble fancy look and darker colored robes/hood which looks much much Much less suspicious than the white assassin robes of previous games, so unrealistic..Badass Yes, Realistic No..But Arno's outfit is just plain awesome. Alright my novel is complete, sorry it was so long -.-

ze_topazio
08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
What about mass on the churches?

m4r-k7
08-07-2014, 06:43 PM
@Ureh I'm gonna guess that won't be in the game, but it's a great idea and would be awesome!! And yeah I like the ideas you guys are adding to this, very nice..I'm not really an opera watcher either but I love theater scenes/moments in movies and vid games, feels fancy and there's something special, cinematic about it if anybody gets what I mean :/ lol jeeez only 2 1/2 months left!! :D I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best, if not THE BEST, AC game ever created..of course some people prefer wide-open exploration games like Black Flag which I absolutely loved as well, that was a blast and a change in direction for an AC game, but I do much prefer huge cities and that Assassin's Creed feel to the game, like in AC2's Italy..I love the French Revolution era for an AC game, it's just too perfect! Going back to its roots while redefining, or rather revamping (whichever you prefer) the core pillars of gameplay for the new consoles that are capable of rendering an AC game and city like AC was meant to be played...just so much YESSS I honestly was hoping for an AC during Victorian England, but this is the closest thing to that anyway, and probably an even better setting!! (I was only hoping for a Victorian England AC because I thought it would be cool to have a Sherlock Holmes-esque type assassin, like smart as hell and great at figuring stuff out like a detective, would be awesome to have a very bright, knowledgeable assassin compared to previous protagonists, who were clever and sneaky of course, they were smart enough to know how to fight and survive but they weren't exceptionally intelligent) HOWEVER from what I've heard of Arno so far is that he's very intelligent, has read many books and was educated very well since he was young and we'll be doing some murder mysteries in the game which sounds like tracking down people/clues, soooo looks like I got what I wanted anyway!! LOL so I haven't played the game yet of course, but so far Arno is shaping to be my favorite assassin in the series..also I love his outfit, the noble fancy look and darker colored robes/hood which looks much much Much less suspicious than the white assassin robes of previous games, so unrealistic..Badass Yes, Realistic No..But Arno's outfit is just plain awesome. Alright my novel is complete, sorry it was so long -.-

I actually agree with every single word you just said lol

HiddenKiller612
08-07-2014, 07:28 PM
It could be a potential hub for the assassin's to discuss potential targets.... Perhaps in a game set in London since we've already sampled an opera house there.

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 09:03 PM
I'd like the 'opera house' to be Wagner's shrine at Bayreuth. And I'd like to see him in game. And I'd like Nietzche to be a character, and possibly an assassin.

Sushiglutton
08-07-2014, 09:08 PM
It would be super cool and

What about mass on the churches?

This as well! Would def give more life to the world. However recording six or so full operas would be freaking expensive me thinks. I mean in RDR there were just a few minutes of old school animated movies. GTA V had a bit more I think (haven't watched that much), but still nowhere close full plays.

But maybe they could do some parts of famous operas or something? And a short sermon in Notre Dame and other churches?

SixKeys
08-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I seem to recall one of the devs saying that the play at the London theater at the beginning of AC3 was recorded up to quite a length. Not just a 5-minute segment to allow the player to finish the mission, but like you could sit there and just listen to it go on for half an hour or something before it stopped. I've never tried this though, so I have no idea. While it would be cool if true, I always wondered what the point was of directing resources to something that was just there for a tiny part of one mission. Something like RDR's movie houses would be nice, but hardly essential for an assassin experience.

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 10:31 PM
I tried doing that once, but I've been too busy doing other stuff to even have that pleasure ;-;

#andyetihavetimeontheforums

one of these days I'll do it.

would be hilarious if at the end of the play, you desynchronize while the screen says "Haytham did not watch the full play"

Easter Eggs like that are nice.

lothario-da-be
08-07-2014, 10:32 PM
It's a cool feature, but it would take up too much resources imo. I don't think most people will do that longer then 20min including me.

SixKeys
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM
I tried doing that once, but I've been too busy doing other stuff to even have that pleasure ;-;

#andyetihavetimeontheforums

one of these days I'll do it.

would be hilarious if at the end of the play, you desynchronize while the screen says "Haytham did not watch the full play"

Easter Eggs like that are nice.

"Achievement unlocked: No Life"

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM
There's been more elaborate and extensive easter eggs by smaller companies.

Doing such a thing would hardly be a hassle for a company of 9,000+ employees I imagine.

Ofc, I could be wrong as I am not involved in the work proccess. I just imagine.

@sixkeys

lolololol

would be even more hilarious if the play ended at some huge cliffhanger. My jimmies would be maximum rustled.

SixKeys
08-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Would be funny if you could desynchronize due to boredom. :p The closer the play gets to being over, you gradually start losing health until finally Haytham falls off the balcony like he just nodded off while hanging on the railing.

marvelfannumber
08-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Would be funny if you could desynchronize due to boredom. :p The closer the play gets to being over, you gradually start losing health until finally Haytham falls off the balcony like he just nodded off while hanging on the railing.

No, it could be like Smoking Simulator 2014. Once the play starts getting boring the screen begins to turn red, and if you don't get out in time you flip all the chairs and go into rage mode?

That would actually be the best thing ever.

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Oh god now I really want this to be a thing.

Quick! Someone make Operah watching simulator 2014!

Shahkulu101
08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes. Sitting in a theatre watching plays. In an Open World action adventure game about killing people.

Exhilarating.

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes. Sitting in a theatre watching plays. In an Open World action adventure game about killing people.

Exhilarating.

Don't appreciate the finer things in life, yo.

And Red Dead Redemption did it.

marvelfannumber
08-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Oh god now I really want this to be a thing.

Quick! Someone make Operah watching simulator 2014!

Opera Simulator 2014, pre-order now to get the exclusive binocular item, aswell as the Shakespeare play pack!

(More day one DLC to follow)

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Opera Simulator 2014, pre-order now to get the exclusive binocular item, aswell as the Shakespeare play pack!

(More day one DLC to follow)

I'd buy it.

Shahkulu101
08-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Don't appreciate the finer things in life, yo.

And Red Dead Redemption did it.

Yes it did, and thats exactly what I dislike about R* games. Filling their games with pointless, irrelevant stuff that nobody is going to pay attention to for 'immersive' purposes. It's all boring and disconnected.

wvstolzing
08-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Yes it did, and thats exactly what I dislike about R* games. Filling their games with pointless, irrelevant stuff that nobody is going to pay attention to for 'immersive' purposes. It's all boring and disconnected.

Yeah... I certainly don't want my Assassin brothers calling incessantly to play bowling with me.

marvelfannumber
08-07-2014, 10:58 PM

That's funny because that's EXACTLY what I love about R* games the passion and effort put into them by putting in random stuff that people may or may not use.

AC already did something similar though, with the board games (which is even more trivial and pointless).

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 11:03 PM
I loved the fun pointless stuff in R* games.

Shahkulu101
08-07-2014, 11:08 PM
To me, it's nothing but poor and meaningless content. In GTAV you can watch a full movie (20 -30 mins). But who in their right mind would want to do that?

How can you praise a developer for producing menial content that adds nothing but the feeling "Well this is pointless, time to shoot old ladies."

I don't want ubi to bloat AC with purposeless content that very few people will experience.

marvelfannumber
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
How can you praise a developer for producing menial content that adds nothing but the feeling "Well this is pointless, time to shoot old ladies."

Because it shows the devs care, because they put that kind of detail in there, and gives the game a charm bigger than shooting people ever could imo.

It adds more replay value if you have nothing else to do aswell.

JustPlainQuirky
08-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Now I feel like trash for doing all that 'meaningless' stuff.

Nah, jk. I'm fine.

I found it fun and immersive. But that's just me.

Shahkulu101
08-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Don't feel bad, just different strokes Mayrice.

I personally detest it, and I'm not going to be impressed by the detail of something if I find it boring. One of my pet hates, I mean in GTAV there's a chain of ****ing tow truck side missions and a MAIN mission in which you control a ****ing crane and forklift crates. Absolutely yawn inducing.

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 12:58 AM
To me, it's nothing but poor and meaningless content. In GTAV you can watch a full movie (20 -30 mins). But who in their right mind would want to do that?

I don't want ubi to bloat AC with purposeless content that very few people will experience.

C'mon Shahkulu, then you can go to work and tell your friends how uncultured they are because unlike you they haven't seen the finest plays in their prime.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Just re-bought AC3 on Wii U for 12 bucks since I don't have a PC ATM and I miss it already.

Guess who's gonna waste 30 min on the opera?

#thisgirl #nolife

Edit: gonna play it with no HUD too for the first time. #mlg #360noscope #2pro4u #420blazeit

HDinHB
08-08-2014, 01:41 AM
But maybe they could do some parts of famous operas or something? And a short sermon in Notre Dame and other churches?

They had the play AC3, part of a mass in AC2, and a passion play in ACB, so it's certainly something they can do. I agree full length operas would be a bit much, but an act of a couple different plays would be doable. Throw in a wedding or funeral mass and we're in business. They could even farm some of it out as a senior project for some students.

I like the idea of the audience being a meeting place fir Elno (Arse) or to pick up messages.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 02:37 AM
This opera watching is a lot less enjoyable than I thought given the receycled animation and ant-sized actors.

It's def not 30 minutes long tho...

Sesheenku
08-08-2014, 03:16 AM
This opera watching is a lot less enjoyable than I thought given the receycled animation and ant-sized actors.

Well hey if it was actually a feature they were talking about they'd have to step it up but they didn't expect anyone to sit, listen, and watch,

Wolfmeister1010
08-08-2014, 03:23 AM
I would have fathered they work on making good gameplay mechanics in GTA5 first before putting in pointless crap like tennis, biking, jogging, and freaking stocks to add to "immersion". I am with Shahk.

Gunplay was meh. Basically Max Payne 3 except less fluid and more clunky with a microscopic reticle. They tried to push stealth mechanics..hell even made it one of the big skills. Broken and unusable except during scripted missions. Driving was a slidey and annoying as ever. God I feel like people just liked it because it had the GTA logo on the game case.

At least operas are freaking cultural. I wouldn't necessarily want to have to sit down and watch it. But to have it on while you are walking around your cafe would be so nice.

Ureh
08-08-2014, 05:07 AM

Hehe should've asked me instead. Everything is on a loop in that opera. I was trying to find out if there was any secret dialogue if Haytham didn't kill Miko right away.

----
Oh well, hopefully they'll have a lot of tavern songs and stuff that are similar in quality and quantity to the shanties in AC4. I could listen to those for hours.

Synchrossassin
08-08-2014, 07:00 AM
I actually agree with every single word you just said lol

Damnnn and I said a LOT..like way too much many would say haha and I said so much that there are many points/opinions I made that many ppl out there would disagree/debate about :P well thank you sir, you know what they say-great minds think alike ;)

(Note: Looking for friends to play Unity with on Xbone come release day, so hit me up if you're legit interested:)

D.I.D.
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
They already have the code for the engine for opera glasses, from the telescope in ACIV. For most of the first century of their use (c. 1730 onwards) opera glasses were just telescopes, which the patrons would focus on the action. A two-telescope design was refined between 1821 and 1850, by which time the more manageable modern opera glasses became a truly useful accessory, worn against the face like spectacles.

Dome500
08-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Would be amazing :D

Hans684
08-08-2014, 07:48 PM
As long as they have The Phantom Of The Opera, I don't care if it's Historically inaccurate. I could watch it for hours. Sure it's a pointless addition but it's worth it, immersive or not.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 08:00 PM
As long as they have The Phantom Of The Opera, I don't care if it's Historically inaccurate. I could watch it for hours. Sure it's a pointless addition but it's worth it, immersive or not.

But....but the Opera Garnier did not exist then (unfortunatly). That would be like having Quasimodo make a cameo in an AC game set in Paris before Notre Dame was built.

Hans684
08-08-2014, 08:16 PM
But....but the Opera Garnier did not exist then (unfortunatly). That would be like having Quasimodo make a cameo in an AC game set in Paris before Notre Dame was built.

Fair enough.

OSantaClownO
08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
As an idea that is great. However directing a play in real life requires months if not years in time... pressenting such a thing as a tiny feature in-game would be a waste of resources.

LoyalACFan
08-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Um... I think this (or something like this) is already in the game. Our hideout is supposedly like a cafe/theater place, and there are satellite ones you can go to in other districts. I don't know if they'll be operas or not, but there are shows I'm pretty sure.

Synchrossassin
08-10-2014, 06:26 AM
Um... I think this (or something like this) is already in the game. Our hideout is supposedly like a cafe/theater place, and there are satellite ones you can go to in other districts. I don't know if they'll be operas or not, but there are shows I'm pretty sure.

Yeah they talked about something like that, although I'm having trouble imagining how it's going to work/look like, what will be possible inside it..but it sounds very exciting, that's for sure! Bring something interesting to the home base thing..can't wait :)

Landruner
08-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Having Arno having his hidden brotherhood lair located in the top or in the basement/ "coulisses" of a Parisian opera will have been Epic and Gothic at the same time. Perhaps having some artist singer are part of the brother hood as well - This type of concept could attached to the mysterious Paris and its culture of the period and the glamor of the city regarding this period (By Louis XVI the city was called the City of light) . It will had been appropriate to the setting and certainly gives some lyric's dimension to the character of that new hero .as well.

D.I.D.
08-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Having Arno having his hidden brotherhood lair located in the top or in the basement/ "coulisses" of a Parisian opera will have been Epic and Gothic at the same time.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and make a guess that you've been watching Penny Dreadful.

S0ckPuppet
08-12-2014, 05:23 AM
They have something like this in Red Dead Redemption where you can go to the movie houses and watch actual movies. They were quite hilarious. Even though this is different than what you're talking about.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I have to say, the new cafe-theater hideout sounds classy as f**k.