PDA

View Full Version : BBC Documentary on the "Peasants' Revolt" and John Ball

D.I.D.
08-03-2014, 09:08 AM
http://youtu.be/w4TAd8Cwjcg

You might find this interesting. It's about the biggest uprising in English history, inspired by the speeches of an excommunicated priest, John Ball. Freed from prison by Wat Tyler, together they led a coalition of the English people (from farm workers, to artisans, to even a few knights) in an attempt to return power and wealth to the people who earned it. The crown, which had set an already unfair flat tax rate, had set about raising taxes to insufferable levels to fund the Hundred Years War, triggering an explosion of public anger.

Next week's episode is about Thomas Paine. It's weird that Ubisoft went through the entire story of the American Revolution without mentioning Thomas Paine at all, but I would hope they will feature him in Unity.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Next week's episode is about Thomas Paine. It's weird that Ubisoft went through the entire story of the American Revolution without mentioning Thomas Paine at all, but I would hope they will feature him in Unity.

He's in one of the preorder bonus missions.

D.I.D.
08-03-2014, 11:25 PM
He's in one of the preorder bonus missions.

So, not in the actual story. No appearance of "Rights of Man". Wow, this company REALLY hates English people*.

Thanks for the information!

* On second thoughts, kind of a mistake to leave this here without qualification, but I hope it goes without saying that I don't think a company can hate a nationality! Just kidding about the old redcoats grumbles.

im3jia
08-04-2014, 03:07 AM
In what pre-order mission?

Xstantin
08-04-2014, 05:48 AM
In what pre-order mission?

Looks like it's only for some collector's editions:

"The American Prisoner: After being involved in the American Revolution, Thomas Paine lived in France for most of the 1790s, becoming deeply involved in the French Revolution. Regarded by some as an enemy of the nation, he was arrested and imprisoned in a Parisian "Hotel Particulier". Infiltrate his prison, find Paine and collect all of his manuscripts before they are stolen by his enemies".

im3jia
08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Oh ok thanks, I thought it was one for AC 3.