PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag and Caribbean Feeling

dandins
08-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I allways wondered why I never had this "sea feeling" when playing black Flag. After my caribbean holidays i know why.

Did you guys ever visit a caribbean beach when making black flag? guess not. If yes you would notice the sound of the sea and these permanently flushing waves at the beach. I think thats one of the most significant basics of a beach location - even at night and without wind - you have it.

Am I the only one who missed that "beach feeling"?

JustPlainQuirky
08-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I used to visit the carribean and its beaches all the time as a child. I know what you mean, there were never really any carribean-esque long beaches IMO. (though I haven't 100% the game so I may have missed some)

But the sea shanties and sound of the ocean are enough for me.

Namikaze_17
08-02-2014, 06:09 PM
There are some beach-like areas in Nassau and Kingston but they aren't to the extent of a real-life beach. But even without that, I think the Caribbean ocean with it's sounds and inhabitants were enough for me.

Jackdaw951
08-04-2014, 06:03 AM
I allways wondered why I never had this "sea feeling" when playing black Flag. After my caribbean holidays i know why.

Did you guys ever visit a caribbean beach when making black flag? guess not. If yes you would notice the sound of the sea and these permanently flushing waves at the beach. I think thats one of the most significant basics of a beach location - even at night and without wind - you have it.

Am I the only one who missed that "beach feeling"?

I was born and grew up in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, to be exact (a couple of hundred miles East of the AC4 map). I'll tell you what kills the homey feeling for me, and that's the weather. The Caribbean is not Seattle or Cambodia, guys. It's gorgeous most of the time. Showers are quick events that never ruin a complete day. Big weather systems like the mainland suffers are quite rare. Hurricanes, much more rare. Fog, in the middle of the day? Never happens. Never ever.