PDA

View Full Version : The "Goodbye" thread

MartyAmodeo
08-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Less than a month left until the game worlds shut down, so I might as well get this out there...

Just wanted to take the chance to say goodbye to all of my best allies and most despised enemies. All of you made the game what it was, and it was excellent while it lasted. Thank you all for enriching the game experience with inventive new tactics, undaunted tenacity, and amazing camaraderie. We all shuffled around our schedules, caught some foul glances from our significant others, and set our alarms for ungodly hours to get those grail builds started, because we didn't want to blow it for our teams. This game, simple as it was, brought out the best and worst of many of us, and I'm glad to have been a part of it.

So here's to all of you players who made the experience worthwhile!

Take care all!

Thorsson64
08-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Rock me Amodeo! Will the forums close down the same day as the game? I bet not. I'll be back to say the long goodbye on August 31 then. :)

zamz
08-11-2014, 07:12 PM
GG

MacGrandma
08-17-2014, 12:24 PM
It just sucks and is going to be a lonely day for many who have made this game a part of their lives for several years! Through the hate and love of all the new changes. The challenges to keep up with the top teams, the fear of being planted next to a hero who will eat your team up and spit it out like a rotten seed lol. I loved joining the new and the old teams. The best and new teams. I loved this game and will miss it too! It saddens me to see it go. Not for me for the thousands of players who don't have a facebook evem because it is too complicated but love this game.. Those are the ones who don't have or buy CD's to play other game types. Those who have never played on an xbox or playstation and will find it hard to advance to another game.I have met a lot of them on here and maybe they opened up and told me because I asked and they answered because I am really an old grandma. lol I can't believe how many of them do not know how to sign up for facebook but have the love for wargames so much they learned this game.. :) Good bye all from all over the world I have played with! If you find a game online like this, message me as I will always be MacGrandma online! Even on facebook :) Going to go crush some other games till I find another like this again.. I own libraries of games and consoles.. But this game is my love... GAMER for life and a real Grandma Old Lady.. lol who plays games.. :) MacGrandma

bobmet2009
08-17-2014, 01:57 PM
This is weird. I just got an invite from the French server to join the game (I've played the last 3 seasons). Hasn't anyone told them that the game is morde?

Thorsson64
08-18-2014, 12:29 PM
It's just a bot. There's no actual people any more; well except maybe one guy who checks the tickets once a week.

rodenberg
08-19-2014, 12:21 PM
MacGrandma , I too am an older person and love this game
You might like Travian and Iknow some people are going there
http://www.travian.com.au/

Thorsson64
08-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Trouble with Travian AFAICS is the same as with many other games of this type: not enough emphasis on the battles. The beginning quests here are meant to teach you how to fight; the Travian quests are all about building. I guess if you were some of the Sim City types whose butts I've been kicking for the last 5 seasons, then it might be the game for you. For those of us who like the battles the best though, Travian looks a poor substitute.

aesuarez
08-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Can't believe i have been playing this game for many years. seems just like yesterday that i started at the tail end of season 1. Met lots of great folks and had many many fun battles. Take care everyone!

dLow

PS. I would be willing to host the game if UBI were to make it open source.

Flame_Sorcerer
08-23-2014, 02:50 PM
ubi and open- source you dream xD
pay or die ;d

Sinnie
08-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Ahh, how things could have turned out.

Goodbye to HOMM:K (or MM:HK). It's a sad truth that the most fun I had in the game was in beta, steadily declining as the seasons went on, alas.

But there were some damn good times!

AcidDragon
08-31-2014, 01:53 AM
I wonder if anybody will read this, but here I go anyway.

On the last day of Heroes Kingdoms, on behalf of the Polish Might & Magic fan community and probably the only Polish site about Heroes Kingdoms, with all sincerity I would like to say:

We don't care.
At all.

To me Heroes Kingdoms was dead before season 1 ended - when it was clear that instead of a fun game free2play it was most definitely a pay2win. And we don't like pay2win.
Heroes Kingdoms had a GREAT start for us, back in 2010. I even saw some old veterans of H3 and H4 comming back just to play this title. It was really fun when we all just wanted to play Heroes of Might and Magic in a browser, relive good old times, fight some monsters, build some buildings, conquer some lands.
But very soon after the first month it was clear that the fun factor was no longer here. Limits came in, INSANELY long times of doing anything (a WEEK of waiting for a strtucture upgrade?) and then losing to people with paid accounts. As a result, from our group of about 30 players NOBODY I know played in season 2.

This game had such a nice potential. And it was so wasted.

Still - all the best to the developers, as you did create good mechanics for a browser version of HoMM. If only I could play a version that let me build a building in 60 seconds instead of 60 hours...

Thorsson64
09-01-2014, 10:19 AM
The game finally died at 11:00 this morning (server time). RIP HMMK.