PDA

View Full Version : Region lock

esaavedra76
08-01-2014, 03:32 PM
hi guys,

i want to know if uplay ACU is region locked? the steam version is (i am in latin america), and it costs the same as it does in the US. i travel a lot, so this region locking will really impact me. since steam requires uplay anyway, i was thinking that if uplay isn't region locked, then i can buy it through here. does anybody know somehting about this? thanks.

UbiVolfbane
08-01-2014, 08:32 PM
The PC version is generally not region locked. However, this varies with the vendor of the game. Meaning a PC version will install on any PC, but the supported audio, languages and content support are region exclusive. I would suggest purchasing it through your preferred and local vendor. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact your local Support team with the links in my signature. Thanks!

BF.Stuka
11-27-2014, 06:53 AM
The PC version is generally not region locked. However, this varies with the vendor of the game. Meaning a PC version will install on any PC, but the supported audio, languages and content support are region exclusive. I would suggest purchasing it through your preferred and local vendor. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact your local Support team with the links in my signature. Thanks!

I faced region locking issue with Assassin's Creed Unity PC. I can't play the game at all. I opened a ticket at support.ubi.com . So I'm stuck till I get any reply.

Dankeepsie
11-30-2014, 06:44 PM
I faced region locking issue with Assassin's Creed Unity PC. I can't play the game at all. I opened a ticket at support.ubi.com . So I'm stuck till I get any reply.

Did you buy it through Steam or UPlay?

BF.Stuka
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
DVD. From indian store. But I live in Bangladesh, the neighbour country of India. and DVD keys are uplay.

Leo_2301
12-01-2014, 12:29 PM
What to do?

rafid2862hf
10-02-2016, 01:53 AM
DVD. From indian store. But I live in Bangladesh, the neighbour country of India. and DVD keys are uplay.

Same problem here. Did you get any reply from them? I got the Indian disk too and my region selected in ubisoft account is Bangladesh.