PDA

View Full Version : Galina is Aveline's Descendant?

Namikaze_17
08-01-2014, 03:40 AM
This has been in my mind for awhile. It's been mentioned that Aveline is a possible descendant of Eve while Galina has also been rumored to be a descendant of Eve. So is there a connection between the Two?
Is Aveline to Galina like how Connor was to Desmond? If so, are there any other descendants of Eve across time like how there were with Adam? ( Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Desmond) but what about Arno!? What is his ties in all of this? Who's ancestor is he's? ( Sigh) but for now, I'll just leave it for you guys to discuss and decide.

Enjoy!:rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
08-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Does she look like she's descended from Africans?

rickprog
08-01-2014, 04:24 AM
I don't think Eve has a single line of descendants. I'd suppose they spread around the globe as time went by, and Aveline and Galina's relationship could be a very, very distant one.

Namikaze_17
08-01-2014, 04:26 AM
Does she look like she's descended from Africans?

Does Desmond look Native American?

And Aveline isn't African Btw....

GoldenBoy9999
08-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Before I say anything let me tell you I try to read as much AC lore as I can but I still don't know everything. I saw in AC2 that Adam and Eve were the first Assassins (I think) and according to Christianity they were the first humans on Earth so wouldn't every single person on Earth be related to them? Even me and you?

Namikaze_17
08-01-2014, 05:13 AM
According to the lore and things, the religions and all that stuff is un-true since the first civ is believed to be the truth.
And the whole adam-eve relation to everyone is probably false because every HUMAN should have a relation to the first civ not just adam and eve as there were other humans there as well. But atlas, that makes me think that Clay and Desmond have ties to Edam but not Eve? And Galina/ Aveline have ties to Eve but not Adam!? What the f*** is going on!?

JustPlainQuirky
08-01-2014, 05:18 AM
Isn't every person with eagle vision essentially a descendant of Eve technically speaking? (and everyone has the potential for eagle vision so...)

LoyalACFan
08-01-2014, 05:24 AM
Before I say anything let me tell you I try to read as much AC lore as I can but I still don't know everything. I saw in AC2 that Adam and Eve were the first Assassins (I think) and according to Christianity they were the first humans on Earth so wouldn't every single person on Earth be related to them? Even me and you?

In Christianity yes, that's the belief, but that's not how the AC lore tells it. Adam and Eve were hybrids, born of unions between the First Civ and humans, so they were born without the human neurotransmitter required for Pieces of Eden to affect them. Ultimately they escaped Eden with a stolen Apple (which had been used to control the humans into being a submissive workforce) and Eve became the leader of the war between the humans and the First Civ (they never actually explained what happened to Adam). Desmond was descended from them, and the implication seems to be that their descendants (since they're hybrids) can unlock Eagle Vision much more naturally than the rest of the population, who have to work for years to unlock it. Thus, one could assume that Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward were descended from hybrids too since they were never taught how to do it, but this was never explicitly confirmed.

On a somewhat related and on-topic note, Galina does not necessarily have to be descended from Aveline to be related to Eve. Bloodlines aren't really as linear as traditional patrilineal charting would suggest. Eve had at least two sons, right? Cain and Abel. So imagine Cain and Abel both have sons. They would be cousins, both of them descended directly from Eve, but Abel's son would not be descended from Cain, and Cain's son would not be descended from Abel. Thus, Aveline could be descended from Cain, and Galina could be descended from Abel; they'd both be descended from Eve, but their relation to each other would be EXTREMELY distant considering their last common ancestor died 700,000+ years ago. The bloodlines could have branched much more recently than that, but that was the simplest example I could think of. Hell, Galina could be descended from Aveline's aunt or uncle. There are millions of ways Eve's bloodline could have panned out, and Galina being descended from Aveline is only one of them. It's not that likely.

LoyalACFan
08-01-2014, 05:27 AM
Isn't every person with eagle vision essentially a descendant of Eve technically speaking? (and everyone has the potential for eagle vision so...)

No, it's just that the descendants of hybrids come by Eagle Vision much more naturally. And Adam and Eve weren't the only hybrids.

Namikaze_17
08-01-2014, 05:59 AM
I never specifically ment to say they were related or anything...more like it was a theory I thought of. But looking at what you said, it is very possible that Aveline & Galina have a possible connection but not relation. However, that makes me wonder: How come Adam has a line of descendants but not Eve? Shouldn't they share.....well the same line? It makes no sense....
And what eve so "special" that she doesn't need such a "bloodline" as Adam has? I really hate Ubi for not really going deeper into this rather than that whole: "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" Storyline.

FlamingMoh
08-01-2014, 06:08 AM
I never specifically ment to say they were related or anything...more like it was a theory I thought of. But looking at what you said, it is very possible that Aveline & Galina have a possible connection but not relation. However, that makes me wonder: How come Adam has a line of defendants but not Eve? Shouldn't they share.....well the same line? It makes no sense....
And what eve so "special" that she doesn't need such a "bloodline" as Adam has? I really hate Ubi for not really going deeper into this rather than that whole: "IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" Storyline.
Don't know why Adam has a line of defendants :rolleyes:

guardian_titan
08-01-2014, 06:15 AM
There's been roughly 200 years between Aveline and Galina. That's about 8-9 generations give or take. There's plenty of time, if Aveline's descendants only married whites, for the African blood to "disappear". It's possible to remove African features after 2-3 generations so if Aveline married Gerard, their son/daughter could look white. If not them, then their grandchildren would surely be white if their son/daughter married a white person.

While Aveline isn't African, she is mixed race. And there were laws on the American law books that stated if you had ANY African blood, you were African. That meant you were subject to segregation laws even if you looked white. You can understand that people who looked white who had African blood often denied it so they didn't get harassed.

Technically, we're all African if you go back far enough. We all started out in Africa and branched out from there. So discrimination against Africans means we're discriminating against our selves. Rather interesting when you think about it. When you reduce everyone down to the fact that we're all human and we all came from Africa, makes you wonder why we fight over silly things like our cultural differences. Also for the Eve story line, DNA has proved there is a real ancestral Eve (although considerably older than the Biblical one) that many female lines can trace back to. Not sure on Adam although I'm sure there's multiple Adams. I doubt all males can trace back to the same male. So technically, there should be multiple Adams and Eves in the game, not just the two. Those two can't be the only hybrids who survived to have children.

While it's possible Galina could be related to Aveline, there's a chance she's not. She could just be from another branch as could Arno. It's impossible to think there is only 1 line each from Adam and Eve, though. There's too high a risk of ending the line if you only have 1 kid every generation. You also run the risk of diluting the line because you have no other hybrid lines to marry into. At worst, they'd be inbred because the only two lines are the one Adam and one Eve. So makes you wonder if those that use eagle vision are actually inbred a bit to keep their Precursor blood higher than most. That in of itself suggests multiple Adam and Even lines for it to work and keeping the Assassins from becoming slobbering fools.

Aveline's story is taken from a guy code-named Subject 1 so unless Galina's his daughter or Galina's related to Aveline via a different line, it's not likely the two are related. I also think, much like Connor, Ubisoft's swept Aveline under the carpet at this point and are just beating it flat. They've moved on to their technical reboot of the series so anything concerning Desmond or what was released before such as Aveline likely won't relate to what we see going forward outside of mentions. Juno's the only thing connecting the games going forward from the looks of it. Everything else has been brushed under the rug.

As to what makes Eve's line so special, who knows at this point. Stealing a Piece of Eden isn't really special. Just makes her a thief. So either that's been dropped and she's no more special than Adam and his line or they'll go more into it later.

Namikaze_17
08-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Don't know why Adam has a line of defendants :rolleyes:

Ah, that's my fault....lol. I'll be sure to edit that.

FlamingMoh
08-01-2014, 07:08 AM
Ah, that's my fault....lol. I'll be sure to edit that.
Haha, sorry my jokes are terrible.

HDinHB
08-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Haha, sorry my jokes are terrible.

No, that was pretty good. I assumed Adam's line of defendants were the the descendants of Cain, who, after he slew Abel, was the first defendant (later convicted).

FlamingMoh
08-01-2014, 07:30 AM
No, that was pretty good. I assumed Adam's line of defendants were the the descendants of Cain, who, after he slew Abel, was the first defendant (later convicted).
I'm sorry, I don't follow...

itsamea-mario
08-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Because a male can't be descended from a female, or vice versa...

LoyalACFan
08-01-2014, 10:00 AM
I never specifically ment to say they were related or anything...more like it was a theory I thought of. But looking at what you said, it is very possible that Aveline & Galina have a possible connection but not relation. However, that makes me wonder: How come Adam has a line of descendants but not Eve? Shouldn't they share.....well the same line? It makes no sense....

I guess Adam and Eve weren't a couple in the AC universe, although they certainly seemed to imply that. Because Desmond was certainly descended from Adam, though I don't think they ever said he was descended from Eve. But if he was, then why is Galina so special (since at least one of Desmond's parents would have to be a descendant of Eve too)? That's a legit question, I'm not up to date on all the Initiates crap.

Hans684
08-01-2014, 05:06 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Subject_1

wvstolzing
08-01-2014, 11:30 PM
The number of ancestors a person has is 2 to the power of number-of-generations-back.

So there's nothing odd in someone from New Orleans contributing to the 'genetic soup' that ends up producing someone in Russia in 200 years.

But then again: Does everyone's DNA hold complete life-recordings of millions of ancestors? I'd be curious to relive the memories of the ancestors that first crawled out of the sea, or descended from the trees.

The whole genetic-memories thing is so WAY OFF any reasonable scale of 'suspension of disbelief'.....

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Canonically, Adam and Eve had children together, as Cain did slay Abel to obtain their parents' Apple of Eden. However, as both Desmond and Clay are said to be descendants of Adam, I don't think it's unlikely that at least Adam had children with another woman too.

As to Galina being related to Aveline, I don't follow the logic. Eve must have had numerous descendants, and neither Galina or Aveline are stated to be descendants of Eve. All we know about their bloodlines is that Aveline is an ancestor of Subject 1, and Galina is the granddaughter of Sergei, the Assassin sent after Nikolai to bring him back to Russia from America. Anything else is pure speculation.

Jexx21
08-02-2014, 11:21 AM
I thought Liberation implied that Aveline was a descendant of Eve? I thought I read that on the wikia.

Oh, by the way, I was the guy asking about the AC4 MP files.

MasterSimaYi
08-03-2014, 09:24 AM
I thought Liberation implied that Aveline was a descendant of Eve? I thought I read that on the wikia.

Oh, by the way, I was the guy asking about the AC4 MP files.

Nope, it does not. The only mention of Eve in AC3L is when Aveline activates a Prophecy Disk featuring a recording of, what seems to be, Eve's elevation to leader of the rebellion against the First Civilization.

And those files are being worked on.

yankeegamergirl
08-03-2014, 08:21 PM
There's been roughly 200 years between Aveline and Galina. That's about 8-9 generations give or take. There's plenty of time, if Aveline's descendants only married whites, for the African blood to "disappear". It's possible to remove African features after 2-3 generations so if Aveline married Gerard, their son/daughter could look white. If not them, then their grandchildren would surely be white if their son/daughter married a white person.

While Aveline isn't African, she is mixed race. And there were laws on the American law books that stated if you had ANY African blood, you were African. That meant you were subject to segregation laws even if you looked white. You can understand that people who looked white who had African blood often denied it so they didn't get harassed.

Glad you bothered to explain this...the stupidity of assuming someone of fair skin, and/or fine hair texture does not have African ancestors is just plain ignorant.
Historically it's called the 'one drop rule' and faking white was 'passing' :)