PDA

View Full Version : Selfmade screen and effects

cpt_schland
07-31-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi guys!

I have some questions about the visible and color effects.

First I built a screen using the boxes of the "primitive shapes" category, the smallest version and piled them up. The emission marker in the material category is on the right side, so the boxes are glowing, and the visibility of the boxes is unchecked.

So if I want to "switch on" the screen,I have to select every box in the visibility event. (Yeah i know i can group the boxes) but now there is my question:
is it possible to turn the visibility event off (doesn't work with the state event), my solution is to copy/create a new event and do the same with the "off" option.

The same thing with the color event, if I want to "write" something on the screen, I have to select the boxes to colorize them. But when I need to delete my text, I copy the color event and turn the color back to white, and If I need some flashing text, yeah you can imagine :)

Is there an easier way to solve my problem?

(I can post you a video, so you see the screen)

JolanXBL
08-02-2014, 07:45 PM
You can set each group's [ ]Visibility check box to a Variable Data Source. 0=not visible, 1=visible. Change this with 2 Set Variable Event's.
You can also link the Visible box to a 2-Input Operator, or anything that gives off a whole number.

Other tricks:
Hide the letters behind the screen and use Object Position Events to move them forwards 1 meter.
Instead of using ON/OFF, use TOGGLE (if it exists in Fusion). The toolcard will use on if it's at off, and vice-versa.
Colors can be set using Vectors; I believe in Fusion they are Brightness, Saturation and Hue, though not sure on the order, might be in the Visual Tutorials thread.

mutetus
08-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Color values in vectors are still RGB, but with this math you can convert hue, saturation and brightness values to an RGB vector:
HSB2RGB (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1mRngi730X_wCbAgKo3vnF3U-9iTc2rcJ9cGD5e9Yxeg/edit?usp=sharing)