PDA

View Full Version : X360 black screen

Rishaanvb
07-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Semi-Solved see 3d post

Not really a fusion problem, but maybe someone can help me out.

So, I started up my 360 today, menu loaded up, went to fusion, pushed the button, then it goes to a black screen. It does this with every game, arcade or disc.

I cleared the cache, re-installed fusion again. Same thing. It does load a kinectimals unleashed advertisment video which I'm looking at now, cause I thought it had something to do with the graphic card or something.

Does anyone have any experience with this or is my 360 gone to console heaven?

edit: I also tried it with a different HDD from another xbox. Same thing. Could it be a hardware problem???

googled it, but couldn't find something useful, just other people with the same problems.

edit2: So I tried firing it up without the ethernet cable connected. Turns out it works fine now.. But now I can't go on TC and or play anything while connected to the internet. I haven't done anything pysically to the xbox, no jailbreaking, or whatever you call it.
Reconnected the ethernet cable, It works. Really weird. I have to be disconnected to play it and then I can connect after the game starts. But it's probably the beginning of the end.

Semi-Solved

Eevan80
07-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah mate, i had the same issue when i started my xbox today, really weird. I also loaded up Fusion without the ethernet cable, then connected to xbox live on the menu screen (after pressing start). For me, everything in Trials, TC and stuff, works now. Don't know when you connected to Live, but maybe it's important where you are in the game to have access, don't know.. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Edit: Solved? The black screen doesn't appear anymore? How?

Rishaanvb
07-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Yeah mate, i had the same issue when i started my xbox today, really weird. I also loaded up Fusion without the ethernet cable, then connected to xbox live on the menu screen (after pressing start). For me, everything in Trials, TC and stuff, works now. Don't know when you connected to Live, but maybe it's important where you are in the game to have access, don't know.. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Edit: Solved? The black screen doesn't appear anymore? How?

Well, it's just a solution around the problem now. Starting up fusion without ethernet cable, then after fusion has started reconnect cable.

From the xbox menu it just doesn't load. When it tries to start Fusion, it turns black and then just nothing happens. I can still press the Guide Button and the menu appears, but when I try to go back to Xbox Home it freezes. This all happens with the ethernet cable connected.

Now, I disconnect the ethernet cable before I start up the 360 ( I tried disconnecting while it was on and the same thing happens). Then Fusion starts normally. Fusion menu comes up where you have to press start. I press start and after it logs you in I connect the cable and connect to xbox live using the guide button. Then everything works fine.

So the weird thing is I probably have to do this every time now. It has something to do with what the xbox is trying to connect with when starting a game, that's where it freezes and just shows a black screen.

Hope this helps,

Could a techsavvy person shine some light on this????

Eevan80
07-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Well, it's just a solution around the problem now. Starting up fusion without ethernet cable, then after fusion has started reconnect cable.

Now, I disconnect the ethernet cable before I start up the 360 ( I tried disconnecting while it was on and the same thing happens). Then Fusion starts normally. Fusion menu comes up where you have to press start. I press start and after it logs you in I connect the cable and connect to xbox live using the guide button. Then everything works fine.

lol this was what i was trying to explain in my comment. ;-P

I just thought you've found the solution for the entire black screen thing.

Rishaanvb
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
lol yeah I'm seeing it now, guess I read it wrong earlier.. Communication between us isn't going very well these days haha

Eevan80
07-31-2014, 07:08 PM
lol yeah I'm seeing it now, guess I read it wrong earlier.. Communication between us isn't going very well these days haha
Haha no! But it can only get better then.. ;-)

JolanXBL
08-01-2014, 09:17 AM
I just experienced that same black screen. Thought maybe the memory stick was corrupted so I deleted Fusion then reinstalled on another stick. Same black screen but left it run, after 15 seconds Fusion started. :/

RaketeAal397
08-01-2014, 04:03 PM
same to me ethrenet cable plugged -> black screen, unplug cable -> everything works...(cable unplugged before starting xbox)

JolanXBL
08-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Still getting the black screen! Right now it is not starting. If I press the Guide button then select dashboard, voice chat still works but the video is frozen on the Guide screen's dashboard yes/no? window.

I can't unplug the Ethernet cable because I'm using the wireless adapter. If I unplug it, the Xbox won't reload it and I won't get back online without rebooting.

*Edit: Just tried it again without signing in to my profile and it loaded. I then signed-in while it was loading and I'm in the game now. Perhaps it's a Profile bug? Or the game doesn't detect the net if you aren't signed in?

dasraizer
08-02-2014, 10:43 PM
hi, its probably related to this:-

xbox status (http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status)

Rishaanvb
08-09-2014, 02:10 PM
You guys still experiencing the problem? It's fixed with mine now. Don't know how, it just started working again. No need to unplug things anymore..

dasraizer
08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
hi Rishaan, it wasn't your xbox at fault, i should have copied the info from xbox status, it said along the lines of, it has been brought to out attention that some users of arcade games are experiencing black screens when loading a game ... we are looking into it.

it wasn't just trials affected, looks like many titles where.

Rishaanvb
08-09-2014, 06:24 PM
hi Rishaan, it wasn't your xbox at fault, i should have copied the info from xbox status, it said along the lines of, it has been brought to out attention that some users of arcade games are experiencing black screens when loading a game ... we are looking into it.

it wasn't just trials affected, looks like many titles where.

oh ok thanks. yeah, when I clicked on the link it said everything was just fine so I didnt know why you would send that :P
thanks for the reply.