PDA

View Full Version : Cannot download AC4BF on Playstation 4 (PS3 to PS4 upgrade)

LeVoyageur07
07-31-2014, 12:16 AM
When Assasssin's Creed 4 Black Flag was released last fall. I bought it for my PS3. I also redeemed the code to purchase the $9.99 upgrade to PS4. and paid the $9.99. Long before the offer expired.

I only bought a Playstation 4 this week. I cannot download the game.
In fact, my experience is exactly the same as this post on PSN forums:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/How-to-download-Ps3-gt-Ps4-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Game-isn-t/m-p/44089400/highlight/false#M73780

The OP ended up getting the $9.99. I could call Sony and do the same but would prefer to download the game on my PS4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Denis

FlamingMoh
07-31-2014, 12:50 AM
I think you need to put the ps3 disk in, not sure though.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-31-2014, 10:41 AM
When Assasssin's Creed 4 Black Flag was released last fall. I bought it for my PS3. I also redeemed the code to purchase the $9.99 upgrade to PS4. and paid the $9.99. Long before the offer expired.

I only bought a Playstation 4 this week. I cannot download the game.
In fact, my experience is exactly the same as this post on PSN forums:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/How-to-download-Ps3-gt-Ps4-Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Game-isn-t/m-p/44089400/highlight/false#M73780

The OP ended up getting the $9.99. I could call Sony and do the same but would prefer to download the game on my PS4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Denis

I would get the refund.

LeVoyageur07
07-31-2014, 12:56 PM
I think you need to put the ps3 disk in, not sure though.

I tried that. Didn't make a difference.
The instructions say to insert the PS3 disk after you have downloaded the PS4 version and run it.

Thanks

UbiVolfbane
07-31-2014, 09:44 PM
This promotion was only a limited time. The transfer may have been required the download to occur before the ending date. However, if you are able to see the object in your transaction history, I would contact Sony regarding the promotion and status of the download and transaction history.

LeVoyageur07
08-13-2014, 01:34 AM
I contacted Sony and this the email I got:

-----------------

Thank you for your recent call to Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) Consumer Services.

We are unable to process your request for a refund on the PlayStation&regNetwork.

According to our Terms of Service, all sales are final.

For more information please check the Terms of Service and User Agreement.

--------------------

So, I can't download the game, I can't get a refund.
I can't even buy the game at full price on the PSN store, when I try, it says I already own the game.

The funny thing is that the above email was followed by another email from Sony with a survey for this request.
You can imagine what I answered.

Assassin_M
08-13-2014, 01:40 AM
I had this problem recently. How did you redeem the code? through the PSN on the PS3?

LeVoyageur07
08-13-2014, 03:24 PM
I redeemed the code through PSN on my PS3 back in Nov 2013.
Then I was going to download the game on the PS4 when I bought one.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy a PS4 until a month ago.
It looks like the offer expired March 2014.
I'm okay with that but believe that Sony should give my $10 back.
But they are saying that all sales are final, even though they never delivered AC4BF for PS4 to me.

Assassin_M
08-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I redeemed the code through PSN on my PS3 back in Nov 2013.
Then I was going to download the game on the PS4 when I bought one.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy a PS4 until a month ago.
It looks like the offer expired March 2014.
I'm okay with that but believe that Sony should give my $10 back.
But they are saying that all sales are final, even though they never delivered AC4BF for PS4 to me.
Did you try going to your PSN library on the PS4?

LeVoyageur07
08-13-2014, 06:17 PM
Did you try going to your PSN library on the PS4?

Yes, I did go to PSN on the PS4.
I get the following message:

------
You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You have already purchased

Assassin’s CreedŽIV Black Flag™ PS4™ Pre-Order

------

They won't let me buy it and they won't let me download it since we passed the March 2014 special offer.

Assassin_M
08-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Yes, I did go to PSN on the PS4.
I get the following message:

------
You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You have already purchased

Assassin’s CreedŽIV Black Flag™ PS4™ Pre-Order

------

They won't let me buy it and they won't let me download it since we passed the March 2014 special offer.
No no no, I'm talking about the library, not going to the Black Flag game in the PSN, did you try that? I think it's the code that expires, not the game.

LeVoyageur07
08-13-2014, 07:12 PM
No no no, I'm talking about the library, not going to the Black Flag game in the PSN, did you try that? I think it's the code that expires, not the game.

No it is not in the library. As I mentioned earlier in this thread. I bought the PS4 AFTER the special offer expired, so never got to download the game on my PS4.

I just wanted Sony to refund the $10 since I had already paid it, back in November.

Assassin_M
08-13-2014, 07:17 PM
No it is not in the library. As I mentioned earlier in this thread. I bought the PS4 AFTER the special offer expired, so never got to download the game on my PS4.
But when did you use the code? I think that's what matters..did you input the code before or after the offer expired?

LeVoyageur07
08-13-2014, 07:27 PM
But when did you use the code? I think that's what matters..did you input the code before or after the offer expired?

I entered the code before the offer expired.

But according to Volfbane (see reply earlier in the thread), the download also had to occur before the ending date:

[QUOTE=Volfbane;10140089]This promotion was only a limited time. The transfer may have been required the download to occur before the ending date. However, if you are able to see the object in your transaction history, I would contact Sony regarding the promotion and status of the download and transaction history.[/QU

Assassin_M
08-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I entered the code before the offer expired.

But according to Volfbane (see reply earlier in the thread), the download also had to occur before the ending date:

[QUOTE=Volfbane;10140089]This promotion was only a limited time. The transfer may have been required the download to occur before the ending date. However, if you are able to see the object in your transaction history, I would contact Sony regarding the promotion and status of the download and transaction history.
But this doesn't make sense, if the PSN is recognizing that you have the game then it should definitely be downloadable