PDA

View Full Version : What POE do you think will be in Unity?

Radman500
07-31-2014, 12:09 AM
hopefully no more apples...i mean im fne with another apple, seeing as Napoleon had one..but i want to see some other POE like the Sword etc...

in fact one of the swords of eden being in unity is possible since Joan of arc had one...

JustPlainQuirky
07-31-2014, 12:11 AM
The pocket watch! It's a PoE I swear!!! :rolleyes:

Radman500
07-31-2014, 12:11 AM

is this a real speculation? do people think the pocket watch is a POE?

AherasSTRG
07-31-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't. Maybe in the watch's mechanism, there is some kind of magnetic key opening a lock, leading to the actual PoE.

JustPlainQuirky
07-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Nah not really.

I kinda think there's more to it, but PoE tend to be gold so I doubt it. Unless there was something INSIDE the pocket watch that was a PoE which I doubt.

edit: what Aher said

wvstolzing
07-31-2014, 12:16 AM
I'd say that the Sword is in possession of the British Templars, since it was the British occupying forces that 'tried' Jeanne d'Arc, etc.
If it were up to me, I'd give it to Richard, Duke of York (I guess he was some sort of 'governor' of France at the time?); then it would have some role to play in the 'War of the Roses'.

poptartz20
07-31-2014, 12:17 AM

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

AherasSTRG
07-31-2014, 12:20 AM
So many things coming from Initiates these days... I really wish I would have played those mini-games to learn more. Most of the times, the Assassin's Creed Wiki comes to my rescue, thankfully.

Radman500
07-31-2014, 12:26 AM
I'd say that the Sword is in possession of the British Templars, since it was the British occupying forces that 'tried' Jeanne d'Arc, etc.
If it were up to me, I'd give it to Richard, Duke of York (I guess he was some sort of 'governor' of France at the time?); then it would have some role to play in the 'War of the Roses'.
i think there are multiple swords just like there are multiple apples, staves etc.

SixKeys
07-31-2014, 12:27 AM
I kinda think there's more to it, but PoE tend to be gold so I doubt it. Unless there was something INSIDE the pocket watch that was a PoE which I doubt.

I don't really believe the watch is a PoE either, but just wanted to point out that not all PoEs are golden. The Staff was silver, Edward wielded a Crystal Skull, the memory discs were made of grey metal, the Temple Key looked like some kind of jade and the Apple guarded by the Kanienkeha:ka people was made of glass or crystal or some other transparent material. In fact, I think only the Apple (Ezio's and AltaÔr's) and the Sword have been golden.

JustPlainQuirky
07-31-2014, 12:28 AM
oh snap you're right. I totally forgot.

wvstolzing
07-31-2014, 12:33 AM
i think there are multiple swords just like there are multiple apples, staves etc.

Sure; I was referring to Joan of Arc's sword as 'the' sword.

In fact, I think only the Apple (Ezio's and AltaÔr's) and the Sword have been golden.

There was also the Ankh in the comics. I also think the Staff was golden.

MasterSimaYi
07-31-2014, 12:44 AM
I don't really believe the watch is a PoE either, but just wanted to point out that not all PoEs are golden. The Staff was silver, Edward wielded a Crystal Skull, the memory discs were made of grey metal, the Temple Key looked like some kind of jade and the Apple guarded by the Kanienkeha:ka people was made of glass or crystal or some other transparent material. In fact, I think only the Apple (Ezio's and AltaÔr's) and the Sword have been golden.

I just want to point out that both versions of the Staff (the Papal Staff and the Russian Imperial Scepter) were gold, and that the Kanien'kehŠ:ka had a Crystal Ball, not an Apple. A Crystal Ball first appeared in Project Legacy, and is a device that opens a connection to the Nexus.

Also worthy to note is that Project Legacy gives a sort of indication the First Civilization had knowledge of the philosopher's stone, hence why so many artifacts were gold.

Megas_Doux
07-31-2014, 12:51 AM
Meh!!!

1 I dont think that watch is a piece eden!
2 There are many swords and staves.

rickprog
07-31-2014, 12:58 AM
I don't really know, but like I posted in a thread that I assume died, having the masonic eye and the phrygian cap "only appear in one place" (that place being the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen) appearing in the Vault under the Colosseum at the end of ACB suggests heavy First Civilization (or artifacts) presence throughout ACU.

My guess would be an Apple, but we could actually see more than one this time around.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-31-2014, 01:15 AM
I'd say another Apple in a DLC like AC3's TOKW, or a shawl or a special golden sword :p

D.I.D.
07-31-2014, 01:46 AM
It might simply be a broken watch, but when the same second ticked twice, and then we got that long rooftop sequence, my immediate thought was that the watch might be stretching time to make it possible to cover the distance in time to save Elise. I hope it's something like that, because it would be nice to see a PoE that isn't a weapon.

eaglefan129
07-31-2014, 07:41 AM
It might simply be a broken watch, but when the same second ticked twice, and then we got that long rooftop sequence, my immediate thought was that the watch might be stretching time to make it possible to cover the distance in time to save Elise. I hope it's something like that, because it would be nice to see a PoE that isn't a weapon.

what... okay thats pushing it. that rooftop sequence was nohing more then hey this is cool. with a lack of MD i just hope though that there is a scifi element to untiy.

SixKeys
07-31-2014, 07:42 AM
I just want to point out that both versions of the Staff (the Papal Staff and the Russian Imperial Scepter) were gold, and that the Kanien'kehŠ:ka had a Crystal Ball, not an Apple. A Crystal Ball first appeared in Project Legacy, and is a device that opens a connection to the Nexus.

Doesn't look golden to me:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31900000/Assassin-s-Creed-Brotherhood-the-assassins-31958161-1920-1080.jpg

Lowly Assassin
07-31-2014, 07:54 AM
also you forgot the protection rings where not gold
The one Connor get from some magical island and makes him immune to projectiles,
Later Juno says every first civ had one and Jupiter is shown wearing one

I don't think we will have any poe as poe hunting isn't really the name of the game anymore its more a
Try to stop that thing that happens in modern day ac4

LoyalACFan
07-31-2014, 07:56 AM
I really hope Arno's pocket watch isn't a POE; whenever time travel/manipulation pops up in fiction, the plotholes are sure to follow.

Anyway, Napoleon had an Apple that aided him in his conquests and it was mentioned that Arno has to make a difficult choice regarding Napoleon in the end of the game, so maybe that choice was to either give him the Apple or take it away?

Lowly Assassin
07-31-2014, 07:56 AM
And this explains why for the entire game it is always the same time of the day and their is no day night cycle

LoyalACFan
07-31-2014, 08:00 AM
And this explains why for the entire game it is always the same time of the day and their is no day night cycle

The time of day isn't always the same; we will see various times of day, it just won't progress dynamically, it will be dependent on what mission/sequence you're in. However I wouldn't rule out an ability to choose what time of day you want to free-roam in, like Infamous: Second Son.

Lowly Assassin
07-31-2014, 08:16 AM
The time of day isn't always the same; we will see various times of day, it just won't progress dynamically, it will be dependent on what mission/sequence you're in. However I wouldn't rule out an ability to choose what time of day you want to free-roam in, like Infamous: Second Son.
Yep I was being irrationally sarcastic

SixKeys
07-31-2014, 08:44 AM
We already know there is at least one PoE that can manipulate time. Abstergo locked it away due to fear it might create paradoxes. I wouldn't mind seeing one used in a game, if it was used for subtle manipulation a la Prince of Persia. So no radical changes like reversing an entire day or week, but maybe just a few crucial seconds that might make a difference, like in the trailer.

Jexx21
07-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Maybe the PoE for this game is the Chalice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt29nV9IgAAZ3Zc.jpg:large

If Altair's Chronicles is canon, and Adda really was the Chalice, I wonder if the Chalice is like the Sage and if so, maybe Elise is the Chalice? Or maybe this is the Chalice?

Still... it's interesting that Arno's pocket watch had the same second tick twice.. however, maybe it was put in because it may be a watch that doesn't really work properly.

Main contender's for Unity's Piece of Eden:

Pocket Watch
The Chalice/Holy Grail/whatever

I think they're both unlikely because I don't think the piece of eden is going to be the pocket watch, unless it's something in the pocket watch like a gear or something, and I don't think it's the chalice depicted in the picture above because that Chalice features the Assassin logo.

wvstolzing
07-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Maybe the PoE for this game is the Chalice.
I wonder if the Chalice is like the Sage and if so, maybe Elise is the Chalice? Or maybe this is the Chalice?

Given that AC is like a compendium of conspiracy theories, crackpot 'alternative history' theories, and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate the Dan Brown 'thing' as well.... A woman as the 'grail', possibly a 1st-Civ reincarnate, etc. Definitely an interesting notion.

m4r-k7
07-31-2014, 10:13 AM
It seems Arno's pocket watch has been in his "assassin" family and so I would think that they may have hidden a piece of eden inside the pocket watch which may give it some sort of power (i.e prediction of when an execution is going to happen - could relate to the trailer?) or it allows him to see inside his victims memories as the white rooms have been abolished (this was Mayrice's idea) or theres a PoE hidden inside the pocket watch which he doesn't find out until the end. There is definitely more significance to that watch - it surely can't just be a family heirloom.

jayjay275
07-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Another apple? :P

RinoTheBouncer
07-31-2014, 01:14 PM
What Iíd love to see as either the Sword of Eden, the Shroud of Eden or another Apple of Eden.

What I expect to see is another new and a lame artifact similar to the Vials or the Crystal Skulls. But I truly wish we get to see the Sword of Eden. I mean this is France. Joan of Arc had the Sword and the whole thing took place in this region and itís surroundings so perhaps they can figure out a way to link the stories together in an interesting and convincing way.

Another speculation would be that either the POE is guarded by Arnoís family, perhaps itís the reason why his stepfather was killed (as far as I know) or it could be something that Napoleon has or probably looking for. It could be an Egyptian artifact which could be an easter egg to a future game.

I just hope Ubisoft thinks as creatively as us, the fans do.

pacmanate
07-31-2014, 01:57 PM
The Chalice isn't a PoE, it has the Assassin's logo on it and Prima says "This exclusive, ultra-limited edition box contains artifacts from an Assassin's initiation". Artifacts are the scroll and the chalice with the AC logo on it.Also the Apple of eden is Silver, not gold " This... piece of silver cast out Adam and Eve. It turned staves into snakes. Parted and closed the Red Sea.Eris (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eris) used it to start the Trojan War; and with it, a poor carpenter turned water into wine."The Sword of Eden was last seen in France during the Hundred Years War, the Templars then got a hold of it. I know it's a 300 year difference from the French Revolution, but the Sword could well have stayed in France.^ Sorry about this block of text. The forum is grouping my paragraphs.

SixKeys
07-31-2014, 02:05 PM
The Chalice isn't a PoE, it has the Assassin's logo on it and Prima says "This exclusive, ultra-limited edition box contains artifacts from an Assassin's initiation". Artifacts are the scroll and the chalice with the AC logo on it.Also the Apple of eden is Silver, not gold " This... piece of silver cast out Adam and Eve. It turned staves into snakes. Parted and closed the Red Sea.Eris (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eris) used it to start the Trojan War; and with it, a poor carpenter turned water into wine."The Sword of Eden was last seen in France during the Hundred Years War, the Templars then got a hold of it. I know it's a 300 year difference from the French Revolution, but the Sword could well have stayed in France.^ Sorry about this block of text. The forum is grouping my paragraphs.

The Apple thing is weird. In AC1 it clearly is silver, in the sequels it's golden.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120103211127/assassinscreed/images/5/56/Almualim-poe-study.png

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111205130826/assassinscreed/images/6/65/Message_1.png

pacmanate
07-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Maybe different Apples were just made of different materials? Idk. What do you think about my Sword "theory". The last time it was seen was in France. I don't think we will see Apples again for a time and they wont reuse the Crystal skull or have a shard of Eden as they don't do anything,. The shroud never made it to France and Giovanni hid it. The Ankh is lost in central europe and France is in Western Europe. So I think its the Sword, unless they introduce something new.

GoldenBoy9999
07-31-2014, 02:19 PM
It seems Arno's pocket watch has been in his "assassin" family and so I would think that they may have hidden a piece of eden inside the pocket watch which may give it some sort of power (i.e prediction of when an execution is going to happen - could relate to the trailer?) or it allows him to see inside his victims memories as the white rooms have been abolished (this was Mayrice's idea) or theres a PoE hidden inside the pocket watch which he doesn't find out until the end. There is definitely more significance to that watch - it surely can't just be a family heirloom.

Yeah, here's a quote from the Amazon store about the watch that comes in their edition.

This Amazon-exclusive special offer of Assassin's Creed Unity includes the Arno pocket watch, directly inspired by the iconic in-game watch carried by Arno himself. Discover the hugely symbolic value of this pocket watch and its importance to Arno's quest while playing the game.

It sounds like it could be a PoE or have something inside of it of great significance.

pacmanate
07-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Y

It sounds like it could be a PoE or have something inside of it of great significance.

Yeah the Amazon thing has got many peoples heads firing off as to what it is. But at the same time, its a watch? At first I was thinking Jack sparrow's Compass where it locates other PoE's, then I remembered its a watch :p

What do watches do? Keep track of time. Maybe its one of those PoE that can control time. It's known that there are a few that can do that, and I don't really see how a Watch can do anything else.

MasterSimaYi
07-31-2014, 02:47 PM
Doesn't look golden to me:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31900000/Assassin-s-Creed-Brotherhood-the-assassins-31958161-1920-1080.jpg

Note that the Apple of Eden is not golden there either, when it is (except in AC1, but that's been retconned).

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111031160109/assassinscreed/images/2/2f/IBAL_4.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130507215152/assassinscreed/images/4/4a/In_Bocca_Al_Lupo_16.png

I don't think we will have any poe as poe hunting isn't really the name of the game anymore its more a

As Juno said in AC4: "There is more work to do, more samples to acquire, more artifacts to find, before my will may obtain."

Also the Apple of eden is Silver, not gold "This... piece of silver cast out Adam and Eve. It turned staves into snakes. Parted and closed the Red Sea.Eris (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Eris) used it to start the Trojan War; and with it, a poor carpenter turned water into wine."

It used to be silver in AC1, yeah, until that was retconned in AC2. They're based on the golden apples (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_apple) from Greek and Norse mythology.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120922103032/assassinscreed/images/a/af/AssassinsCreed_Al_Mualim_holding_the_Piece_of_Eden .png
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202150038/assassinscreed/images/a/ac/Mentor%27s_wake_11.png

Also, on-topic, Napoleon is confirmed to have had an Apple so that's gotta appear in the game at least. If they ignore it like they did Washington's Apple in AC3's main game, I won't be satisfied.

joelsantos24
07-31-2014, 02:50 PM
hopefully no more apples...i mean im fne with another apple, seeing as Napoleon had one..but i want to see some other POE like the Sword etc...

in fact one of the swords of eden being in unity is possible since Joan of arc had one...
Each one of the PoE had different powers (the Apple controlled the minds of bodies of humans; the Shroud healed the wounds of those who wore it; etc), so which PoE does appear, may be relevant to the story. But I really can't tell which will appear in Unity. I'd like to see the Shroud or the Sword in action, though.

MasterSimaYi
07-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Joan of Arc had a Sword of Eden, yes, but that was taken from her by English Templars. I think it's more than likely they took it back with them to England.

D.I.D.
07-31-2014, 03:26 PM
what... okay thats pushing it. that rooftop sequence was nohing more then hey this is cool. with a lack of MD i just hope though that there is a scifi element to untiy.

I agree that it sounds far-fetched, but then again that double tick has to mean something. The hand moves forward a couple of times, but the last movement goes back one second and then forwards to the same second - then Arno snaps it shut. It's a strange directorial decision if it means nothing at all, or if the watch is simply broken, but whatever it is, it's there for a reason!

Reptilis91
07-31-2014, 06:14 PM
I agree that it sounds far-fetched, but then again that double tick has to mean something. The hand moves forward a couple of times, but the last movement goes back one second and then forwards to the same second - then Arno snaps it shut. It's a strange directorial decision if it means nothing at all, or if the watch is simply broken, but whatever it is, it's there for a reason!

Yeah that really bothers me. Why does he look at his watch carefully if it's broken? Why the last frame with a white background?

Jexx21
07-31-2014, 06:27 PM

I already mentioned that the Chalice probably wasn't a PoE considering it had the Assassin logo on it. I could see the sword of Eden being a thing.

Xstantin
07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
The Sword wasn't in Black Flag, was it? I remember seeing it as one of the DLC weapons.

http://i47.tinypic.com/fwuiw4.jpg

Jexx21
07-31-2014, 06:41 PM
Huh. Strange.

pacmanate
07-31-2014, 06:46 PM
The Sword wasn't in Black Flag, was it? I remember seeing it as one of the DLC weapons.

It was a Ubishop pre order thing, but it ended up not being one.

wvstolzing
07-31-2014, 07:05 PM

Huh. Strange.

Strange indeed. I hadn't heard of this. They may have planned for Edward to find a sword that belonged to Francis Drake or Henry Morgan, the great British 'privateers' in generations that preceded that of Blackbeard, Rackham, et al. Drake is connected to Elizabeth I, who not only had a POE of her own, but may also have inherited Joan of Arc's sword from the Plantagenets. Maybe she gave it to Drake, to help colonize the new world? Drake then lost it, etc. etc.

It does sound silly for a 1st-Civ sword to become a player weapon, though. Without the plot convincingly supporting it, that is. Even then, it's endgame stuff only (like Ezio's apple in ACB, Desmond's in AC3).

Ureh
08-01-2014, 03:28 AM
Maybe we'll see a poe spear too (although the ac2 staff did have a pointy end)

joelsantos24
08-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Given that AC is like a compendium of conspiracy theories, crackpot 'alternative history' theories, and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate the Dan Brown 'thing' as well.... A woman as the 'grail', possibly a 1st-Civ reincarnate, etc. Definitely an interesting notion.
Oh Jesus, please no, not The Da Vinci's Code. I hope it really doesn't come down to that, it would be lame in epic proportions.

wvstolzing
08-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Oh Jesus, please no, not The Da Vinci's Code. I hope it really doesn't come down to that, it would be lame in epic proportions.

I think they've already experimented with the 'woman as chalice'-gimmick, though, in the DS game, 'AltaÔr's Chronicles'. So it's unlikely to happen again.

joelsantos24
08-01-2014, 06:06 PM
I think they've already experimented with the 'woman as chalice'-gimmick, though, in the DS game, 'AltaÔr's Chronicles'. So it's unlikely to happen again.
Shamefully, I know, and despite being a hardcore fan of the series, that game (AltaÔr's Chronicles) is somewhat unknown to me. I actually know very little about it, and over the years I only focused myself on the major games, and mostly now, the novels. Either way, I really wouldn't like to see that notion applied in Unity, first, because It's somewhat old news, and second, because it's just lame, in my opinion.

Jexx21
08-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Eh, Altair's Chronicles wasn't that great and we have 0 idea of what the Chalice actually is.

naumaan
08-01-2014, 07:41 PM
guys ... just like AC3 .. first they shared the comic book THE FALL which was about a templar agent acting as an assassin ... whom we dealt with in the game later ..

according to the speculation .. i believe they are going to do the same, the koh i noor diamond was considered as one of the vital piece of eden, and the ring given to the hero was made of that diamond,

so what part will it play in Assassins Creed Unity ... make a link somebody ?

DumbGamerTag94
08-01-2014, 08:44 PM
It's possible the Koh I Noor is what becomes the French Blue Diamond! It was a massive blue gemstone that was confiscated with the rest of the Crown Jewels in 1789 by the National Assembly. It then disappeared in 1792 and nobody knows who took it or why. It is believed that the Hope Diamond is the French Blue and that it was recut between 1792 and 1812 when it showed up in London. It is now housed at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Could the Koh I Noor be the Hope Diamond???

Does this mean the Koh I Noor will possibly be our POE? And leaves a opportunity for a war of 1812 Connor sequel since it shows up in 1812 London and made it's way to America? Idk. But it is at least possible it could play a role in unity!

wvstolzing
08-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Eh, Altair's Chronicles wasn't that great and we have 0 idea of what the Chalice actually is.

Blasphemy! Altair's Chronicles singlehandedly defined a genre; and shaped the imagination of an entire generation.

MasterSimaYi
08-01-2014, 10:50 PM
so what part will it play in Assassins Creed Unity ... make a link somebody ?

None, because the Koh-i-Noor was in Afghanistan during the timeframe of Unity.

It's possible the Koh I Noor is what becomes the French Blue Diamond! It was a massive blue gemstone that was confiscated with the rest of the Crown Jewels in 1789 by the National Assembly. It then disappeared in 1792 and nobody knows who took it or why. It is believed that the Hope Diamond is the French Blue and that it was recut between 1792 and 1812 when it showed up in London. It is now housed at the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Could the Koh I Noor be the Hope Diamond???

Does this mean the Koh I Noor will possibly be our POE? And leaves a opportunity for a war of 1812 Connor sequel since it shows up in 1812 London and made it's way to America? Idk. But it is at least possible it could play a role in unity!

The Koh-i-Noor was in the hands of Nader Shah until his death in 1747, then it was kept by the rulers of the Durrani Empire until Ranjit Singh forced Shujah Shah Durrani to hand it over to him in 1830. This is both history and AC canon. They can't be the same.

DumbGamerTag94
08-02-2014, 02:12 AM
Ah ok then. I didn't know that. Hadn't looked into it. Thanks for the info. So much for that idea.

Unless there are more jewels like that? Then perhaps the hope Diamond/French Blue is one of those?

Radman500
08-02-2014, 06:24 AM
only a woman can use the Koh I Noor? right?

Radman500
08-02-2014, 06:25 AM
None, because the Koh-i-Noor was in Afghanistan during the timeframe of Unity.

The Koh-i-Noor was in the hands of Nader Shah until his death in 1747, then it was kept by the rulers of the Durrani Empire until Ranjit Singh forced Shujah Shah Durrani to hand it over to him in 1830. This is both history and AC canon. They can't be the same.

well ubisoft can always retcon canon...

STDlyMcStudpants
08-02-2014, 06:28 AM
its an apple....
Next AC is set in WWII about the Holy Lance (Holy Spear) staring Connor... confirmed by Darby

MasterSimaYi
08-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Unless there are more jewels like that? Then perhaps the hope Diamond/French Blue is one of those?

Yes, that is possible. Any special legends surrounding it? At least it was stolen from King Louis XVI in 1792 and remained in unknown ownership for several years.

only a woman can use the Koh I Noor? right?

'He who owns this diamond will own the world, but will also know all its misfortunes. Only God, or a woman can wear it with impunity.'

well ubisoft can always retcon canon...

Yes, they can... But they won't. :o It wouldn't make any sense if they did. The Koh-i-Noor has nothing to do with France.

DumbGamerTag94
08-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes, that is possible. Any special legends surrounding it? At least it was stolen from King Louis XVI in 1792 and remained in unknown ownership for several years.

Yes there is. The Hope Diamond/Royal French Blue is believed by some to be cursed. It supposedly brings misfortune and death to its owner or anyone who touches it. Which is actually kind of strange when you consider that several of the diamonds owners died young. Most notably King Louis and Marie Antoinette. Perhaps this curse is actually just Assassins and Templars killing the owners to gain possession. And perhaps they could be the reasons it went missing? I think it would be really cool if it was a POE since it would give us something new in the games. Especially since these diamond POE's like the Koh I Noor are supposed to be the most powerful of them.

But I would also hope that Napoleon's apple makes it into the game somehow. Since they have already told is about his POE in AC2.

It would be really cool if we actually had an AC game with two different POEs possible even pitted against each other. (I mean unless you count the end of AC2 but that hardly elaborated on either one and the staff only had like 5 mins of screen time)

LoyalACFan
08-08-2014, 07:36 AM
I'm going to bump this now and suggest that we might see time crystals in Unity. The only thing making me think this is that one of the hackable computers in AC4 contains a file titled Crypto-History: Artifacts, and it lists a bunch of First Civ tech. They were all devices that had been seen or referenced in the games, save one; the Baghdad Battery, which supposedly contained crystals that provided infinite clean energy by picking up a charge from the passage of time itself. Considering that Arno's signature possession is a watch, the time aspect seems appropriate, and the crystals in question would be small enough to fit inside the watch itself. It just seems odd that these would be mentioned in an email that only details things seen in the games; perhaps it was a bit of foreshadowing on Darby's part?

shobhit7777777
08-08-2014, 07:47 AM
I hope they stay away from the B-plot.....POEs, Space alien gods and all that drivel. They've listened to damn near everything so far...hope they listen to this as well.

jeordievera
08-08-2014, 07:53 AM
I think you are right, it would make sense and also explain why the watch skipped one second backward in the trailer. I think it can be used to manipulate time, not for a time travel but to get few extra second to perhaps save someone.

LoyalACFan
08-08-2014, 08:04 AM
I hope they stay away from the B-plot.....POEs, Space alien gods and all that drivel. They've listened to damn near everything so far...hope they listen to this as well.

Yeah, the TWCB stuff has gotten out of hand. I was alright with it when they were relegated to the distant past and the Assassins and Templars were merely fighting over their scraps, but now there's the whole Juno thing and she's trying to come back, eh... Basically, the sci-fi stuff was only cool until the novelty and mystery wore off. Now that it's becoming mundane, it's lost all of its charm and I'd kind of like to see it die.

A time-based POE could be cool purely for gameplay though, for subtle time manipulation for parkour (think Prince of Persia) or even a bullet-time mechanic considering they're using guns more heavily now.

jeordievera
08-08-2014, 08:19 AM
A time-based POE could be cool purely for gameplay though, for subtle time manipulation for parkour (think Prince of Persia) or even a bullet-time mechanic considering they're using guns more heavily now.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SWF9i3Vzpac/TM24lFuu0HI/AAAAAAAAA-g/KwYXzbQnaqA/s1600/Neo+dodges+the+bullet.gif

I am not fan of the whole sci-fi stuff in AC either so I hope it will be as subtle as possible.

RinoTheBouncer
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
The Chalice sounds like a great idea for a P.O.E. It could be some sort of Holy Grail or something that makes whatever is poured inside of it gives you immortality or something like that. Otherwise, I wish we can get The Sword of Eden. It fits since Joan of Arc had it and it was taken from her around that region.

Hans684
08-08-2014, 07:58 PM
I suspect a vault of some kind, in a picture of an Edition of Unity there is a First Civ. vault art. What's in it is pure speculation but it has to be Juno related in some way, direct or indirect.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I think it is time for a PoE that actually affects gameplay in a positive way.

Like one to summon storms/hurricanes in Rogue or one to allow super agility.

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I like the matrix :(

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I think it is time for a PoE that actually affects gameplay in a positive way.

Like one to summon storms/hurricanes in Rogue or one to allow super agility.

Oh please no, spare it for a DLC. Hated those superpower in ToKW personally, a bit too silly for my taste (in the context of AC) and way too overpowered.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I thought the flying was just way too stiff and contextual.

I think it would be good for a modern day AC or DLC where the setting isn't too interesting.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 08:11 PM
I thought the flying was just way too stiff and contextual.

I think it would be good for a modern day AC or DLC where the setting isn't too interesting.

Meh, for a Modern Day AC I think they could take some of them but make them more balanced and into actual things.

Like the eagle could be tweaked and be made into a grappling hook, the bear could just be replaced with grenades, and the wolf......I guess it could be some sort of cloaking device?

I think that would be a bit better. Though I still don't want no Modern Day AC, it sounds quite boring honestly imo.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 08:25 PM
but super powers.

SUPER POWERS

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
but super powers.

SUPER POWERS

If you want super powers just.....just buy a PS2 and buy Spider-Man 2 or something. I dun play no AC for super powers.

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 08:48 PM
If you want super powers just.....just buy a PS2 and buy Spider-Man 2 or something. I dun play no AC for super powers.

Yeah, super powers can GTFO my AC.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 08:54 PM
I take it you did not enjoy ToKW

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 08:56 PM

I actually liked it, because I just did not use the super powers when I did not have to. Which made it refreshingly challenging and fun for an AC game.

1st episode = Quite good

2nd episode = Boring as ****

3rd episode = Good

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 09:00 PM

The first episode was really good. Then it got realllllllllllllllllly bad.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah I loved the first one most.

Third one ok too.

Not so much the second.

Still I enjoyed the mechanics and would love to see something similar in the distant future

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah I loved the first one most.

Third one ok too.

Not so much the second.

Still I enjoyed the mechanics and would love to see something similar in the distant future

AC should not have super powers. Its grounded to reality minus the whole Animus concept. First civ could be true to life as they are practically aliens.

But NO powers. It's bad.

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 09:09 PM
well didnt mean literal super powers.

more like newfound skills that enhances gameplay thanks to a PoE

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 09:12 PM
well didnt mean literal super powers.

more like newfound skills that enhances gameplay thanks to a PoE

So.....super powers?

JustPlainQuirky
08-08-2014, 09:16 PM

ye :rolleyes:

pacmanate
08-08-2014, 09:24 PM
If it was a PoE that could do something grounded aka NOT flying, I would be okay with it.

marvelfannumber
08-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Or if William got bit by a radioactive badger and got badger powers.

Ubisoft, hire me RIGHT NAOW!

wvstolzing
08-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Aren't PoE's supposed to be nothing more than mind-control/illusion devices?

In 'regular' AC (anything that's not a PoE-induced nightmare/alternate universe, like ToKW), they can't lend the user any 'superpowers', aside from psychic abilities, mind control, whatever.

That's why the 'time control' device, and the 'wish-things-out-of-thin-air' device are aberrations; they should never even have been mentioned.

Megas_Doux
08-08-2014, 11:02 PM
The swords of eden are "powerful" in that way and so too the shards.

Layytez
08-08-2014, 11:28 PM
The Croissant of Eden.

wvstolzing
08-08-2014, 11:52 PM
The swords of eden are "powerful" in that way and so too the shards.

yeah... actually now that I think about it, there are lots of artifacts that have more than 'illusory' powers. Nevertheless the sword and the staff could still be considered psychic devices (e.g. weakening opponents' will, strengthening that of allies, etc.) and things like the crystal skull are supposed to be 'unfathomably advanced gadgets'. Likewise with bullet-deflecting materials.

Maybe the artifacts with illusory powers were those actually used in herding humans, literally in the 'complex' shown in the 'Truth' video as 'Eden'. The rest is stuff TWCB used for themselves.

Nevertheless, time travel or a Star Trek-like 'replicator' at the planetary level pushes the limits of 'suspension of disbelief' pretty far. Though the Animus itself is worst in that regard.....