PDA

View Full Version : Finally got around to reading Brahman. Questions for Unity and spoilers for the comic

RzaRecta357
07-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Howdy! So, I finally got around to reading the comic and I thought it was great. I've seen the E3 videos for Unity and what not but I don't think I know everything since I haven't been able to do the forum thing with you guys for like the last two games. This make-a-me sad.

Anyway, Is Arno supposed to be OUR ancestor in this game? I vaguely remember the devs mentioning we won't be using an Animus anymore. But rather an Oculus rift like game station or something.

So now I'm obviously thing Helix from Brahman. Doesn't that device suck and upload your genetic memory to Abstergo somewhere? Are we basically just checking out our own past or did they say anything about it being a "game" with the "console"?

JustPlainQuirky
07-30-2014, 06:06 PM
I think Helix allows you to relieve other people's DNA memories.

Would be silly if the game tried to tell me i had an ancestor I know I don't have IMO

ze_topazio
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
I ain't got no French ancestors.

RzaRecta357
07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
I hear that. Also I do believe that Jot from the comic was able to watch his wifes memories after she wore it. Still, seems weird that we're playing ourselves and reading some specific persons memories on a home gaming device also. I guess it'll look like a game through and through with this one.

Maybe we'll see the "Game" boot up before even hitting start on the menu or something.

Xstantin
07-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Helix might be commercial version of the Animus, since Abstergo wanted to go with consumer versions by the time of Black Flag. Also, I think they put the files about Surrogate Initiative from ACBF for a reason as well because that research could go with unrelated by blood samples.

rickprog
07-31-2014, 12:06 AM
There must be something more to it, since Abstergo could track people with the Brahman V.R. and it has been stated that it's "you" working for the Assassins this time around. Helix has to be something else, but it could very well be related to the Brahman V.R. technology.