PDA

View Full Version : What are capabilities of AnvilNext Engine that are used in Siege?

Pest_AWC
07-30-2014, 04:47 PM
What are capabilities of AnvilNext Engine that are used in Siege?

I know it has been used since Assassins Creed III back in 2012, so I assume it has been well tested. I have not played those games though.

Can we have a publicly release map editor for this engine like Ravenshield had?

Does it support working doors? I would hate for this to be the first R6 without working doors...those are needed in a CQB style game.

Does it support leaving footprints in snow or when coming off wet surfaces like Ravenshield did a decade ago?

Is there any support for mods?

Is there any support for clans to have their own dedicated servers, or is it peer-peer, or just servers run by Ubi?

Thank you

xMiiSTY
07-30-2014, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have any answers for your questions right now. But keep an eye out on the Rainbow Six social media, as well as the forums, for any new information regarding Siege. :)

Dome500
07-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Can we have a publicly release map editor for this engine like Ravenshield had?

Would be awesome, really pushes long-time replayability and motivation.

Does it support working doors? I would hate for this to be the first R6 without working doors...those are needed in a CQB style game.

Absolutely agreed. I don't want to have to blast every door open, we need opening doors, especially if we have some bigger maps as well (hopefully there are bigger maps. As urban as the one shown, mind you and also as narrow in terms of paths and level design, but bigger in general, Makes it more tactical and tense as opposed to a chaotic shooting-feast (think Call of Duty 4 multipalyer map Shipyard VS the rest of the maps, if you know those (I know them from back in the days when I still played CoD))

Does it support leaving footprints in snow or when coming off wet surfaces like Ravenshield did a decade ago?

Not needed IMO but would be appreciated.

Is there any support for mods?

That is IMO a must. At least for sp and coop.

Is there any support for clans to have their own dedicated servers, or is it peer-peer, or just servers run by Ubi?

We need dedicated and rentable servers as well as clan support, every successful multiplayer shooter has them. Without that the community grows only slowly if at all and it is hard to set up clan matches and a community in general.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Have you read this? http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-gameplay-feature-e3-2014/

Dome500
08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Have you read this? http://blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-gameplay-feature-e3-2014/

Yes, unfortunately it does not give away much.

Pest_AWC
08-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Yes, and it doesn't answer any of my questions.

Any chance we will have someone in the forums from the Dev team to answer questions?

The "live event" with the QA wasn't very useful since they took random questions from general public and those questions were already answered in press releases and interviews.

We need questions answered in these forums.

Thanks

RedKnight5
08-12-2014, 03:33 PM
A Must: 1080p and 60 frames per second (FPS), That is become the standard now.

Dome500
08-14-2014, 05:15 PM
A Must: 1080p and 60 frames per second (FPS), That is become the standard now.

Normally for Ubi games I'd say no, but this is a Shooter, a tactical one at that. So 60 FPS is really a must.