PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Encylopedia 4.0? when is Ubi going to update

Radman500
07-30-2014, 02:08 AM
i think we are on the 3rd edition so far or (3.0)

with unity and comet coming up does anyone expect a 4.0 update for the encylopedia

we also know the abstergo handbook is coming out as well

GoldenBoy9999
07-30-2014, 04:06 AM
Well, the first released In November, the second on October 30, and the third on November 11, so I'd expect one around that time. I may actually get it this time.

kosmoscreed
07-30-2014, 04:29 AM
We don't need a new version every year because they can add 30 pages, at least I don't need it.

GoldenBoy9999
07-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Well they release a new strategy guide each year and a lot of other things annually. If someone wants the Encyclopedia I don't think they should have to buy the Assassin's Creed 4 version of it which will have old information. I think previous buyers of it aren't really interested but new owners of one would want the new info.

Ureh
07-30-2014, 04:39 AM
Yeah there should be another one after Unity launches. I didn't get 3.0 but it seems like I'll be getting the next one.

Lowly Assassin
07-30-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't think they should do a new version every year
They should start with a base version
Version 2.0 is a good vase version as it covers right up to the end of Desmond's Saga
And after that with each game they should add new 30-50 page Volume that just adds the new information
Each year sees the release of a new game and a new volume for the encyclopaedia
This would make them cheaper to produce (which not many of you would care about) bit it also means that some of us hardcore fans /collectors/hoarders/completionists (what ever they call us) would not end up with ( 5encyclopedias so far) and a new heavy book every year and another book to recycle or find something to do with every year

kosmoscreed
07-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Well they release a new strategy guide each year and a lot of other things annually.

Not the same my friend, a guide is a new thing from top to botton, they don't recicle anything because the games are new. One encyclopedia per year is way too much, and they are no longer cheap, and with the pass of time, they will be more expensive because they will have more pages with every iteration, also, you can beat that at some point in the distant future, they will have to split them in volumes, AC encyclopedia 10.0 part 1 and part 2.....

I'm not against them making a new one every year but they should give the option to buy supplements for those who don't want to expend $50 every year in something that will have only 10-15% new material.

pacmanate
07-30-2014, 01:33 PM
As late as possible.

I was so pissed off when they released version 2.0 a year after I got the 1st one. It was in the highest priced Revelations edition which I bought, and to find out they just came out with one the next year with a few more pages really annoyed me.

GoldenBoy9999
07-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Yeah I like the volume idea pretty good. Seems more logical. I'm kind of a collector myself so it would be a big help.

Hans684
07-30-2014, 03:21 PM
They should stop making more of them and make a Last Edition of it one the series is over or "paused" like POP.

Jessigirl2013
02-28-2016, 01:26 PM
They should stop making more of them and make a Last Edition of it one the series is over or "paused" like POP.

Any idea if they are doing another one?:rolleyes:

Every edition is sold out where I live and UBI workshops shipping is ludicrous.