PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about stuff in AC4.

CurlicuedStorm5
07-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Just a few things that I was a little unclear on after finishing AC4. Who were the "Guardians" near the Observatory you run into a few times, what were they there for, and why do you go from killing them to rescuing them later in the game? Why was one of the collectibles Mayan keystones, and what did Mayans have to do with anything? I read somewhere that the outfit you get for them was made by the race that came before or some guff but the keystones being Mayan was a little out of nowhere for me. Also why was the lip syncing for when Edward collected a keystone so hilariously awful when it's usually completely fine? The last thing is what was up with the Sage in the modern day stuff? Did Abstergo know he was a sage, considering he had the same eyes? What was he really trying to do? On that point, what is the sage, it was never really explained. I gathered that he was born with memories from long ago, I never really figured out anything past that. In fact I found a lot of the modern day stuff a bit baffling, although I really enjoyed the Edward stuff.

Kirokill
07-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Who were the "Guardians" near the Observatory you run into a few times, what were they there for, and why do you go from killing them to rescuing them later in the game?
They are a tribe who lives on that island. They belong to that island, born in it, so they should defend it, and that's why they're innocent and optional objectives says to only strangle them without killing them. This is why when you come back you defend them, it's Edward's fault in the first place to arrive there without permission, you see.

Why was one of the collectibles Mayan keystones, and what did Mayans have to do with anything? I read somewhere that the outfit you get for them was made by the race that came before or some guff but the keystones being Mayan was a little out of nowhere for me.
I am no expert in history and have very small knowledge about Mayan but they were also an old tribe. The outfit is not really Mayan it was just stored there, the outfit is made by the first civilization. Lore of assassin's creed.

Also why was the lip syncing for when Edward collected a keystone so hilariously awful when it's usually completely fine?
Might be Because it required no cutscene so less work, or it was made only to see one quote when collecting one.

The last thing is what was up with the Sage in the modern day stuff? Did Abstergo know he was a sage, considering he had the same eyes? What was he really trying to do?
They did not know because we were the first to browse Edward's memories and know about the sage. His objective was to revive Juno by taking your body, which failed, therefor he got really mad and done something to you.

what is the sage, it was never really explained. I gathered that he was born with memories from long ago, I never really figured out anything past that.
The sage is Juno's husband, born a human with the memories of the long dead husband of Juno(I don't know his name).

CurlicuedStorm5
07-28-2014, 10:48 AM
The sage is Juno's husband, born a human with the memories of the long dead husband of Juno(I don't know his name).

How did I miss that? Was that explained in the modern day section in an email or something, I never found that info.

SixKeys
07-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Not sure if it has anything to do with anything, but the Mayans are semi-important to the franchise because the 2012-end-of-the-world plot hinged on the Mayan calendar "prediction". So in the AC universe, the Mayans probably had some sort of connection to the First Civ people.

CurlicuedStorm5
07-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Not sure if it has anything to do with anything, but the Mayans are semi-important to the franchise because the 2012-end-of-the-world plot hinged on the Mayan calendar "prediction". So in the AC universe, the Mayans probably had some sort of connection to the First Civ people.
That's a... very good point actually. I never really gave any though to why the Mayans knew when the world was supposedly going to end.

SixKeys
07-28-2014, 11:10 AM
How did I miss that? Was that explained in the modern day section in an email or something, I never found that info.

Juno's husband's name was Aita. We saw them together during his last moments in AC3, when Juno was telling Desmond about the demise of TWCB. In AC4, the bottled messages you find reveal that Aita has been reincarnating in a human body for centuries, hoping to be reunited with Juno one day. That's why "John from IT" is so upset when Juno fails to take over the player's body. John was finally born in an era where he's so close to being able to communicate with Juno again, after her being imprisoned for centuries in the Temple which was inaccessible to all but Desmond. John was counting on finally being able to physically interact with Juno again, and when the plan fails, he realizes he missed his chance and might have to wait for God knows how long for the next one.

CurlicuedStorm5
07-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Juno's husband's name was Aita. We saw them together during his last moments in AC3, when Juno was telling Desmond about the demise of TWCB. In AC4, the bottled messages you find reveal that Aita has been reincarnating in a human body for centuries, hoping to be reunited with Juno one day. That's why "John from IT" is so upset when Juno fails to take over the player's body. John was finally born in an era where he's so close to being able to communicate with Juno again, after her being imprisoned for centuries in the Temple which was inaccessible to all but Desmond. John was counting on finally being able to physically interact with Juno again, and when the plan fails, he realizes he missed his chance and might have to wait for God knows how long for the next one.

A very nice explanation you have there! One other thing, why is Aita reincarnating in the first place?

SixKeys
07-28-2014, 11:22 AM
A very nice explanation you have there! One other thing, why is Aita reincarnating in the first place?

I forget the technical explanation, but it's something Juno did. She modified his DNA somehow so that he would be able to be reborn over and over again.

NondairyGold
07-28-2014, 11:40 AM
As part of Juno's plan, she manipulated the Human Genome by placing pieces of Aita's DNA in different forms, directly into it. When certain DNA sequences came together in conception a Sage was born. However not every Sage knew they were a sage. They would just have strange memories of their "beloved" and a strange past life. There can be more than one sage at any one time, and no sage has any memory of other sages unless their "host's" have been genetically related.

So for instance, John from IT won't know where Roberts hid the vial's, unless they're genetically related. Also, a strange thing about the sages' is that for them, even though it's been x amount of millennia since the fall of the First Civ, it's only been the length of their current lifespan since they've last seen Juno!

wvstolzing
07-28-2014, 11:57 AM
>>Who were the "Guardians" near the Observatory you run into a few times, what were they there for, and why do you go from killing them to rescuing them later in the game?
They are a tribe who lives on that island. They belong to that island, born in it, so they should defend it, and that's why they're innocent and optional objectives says to only strangle them without killing them. This is why when you come back you defend them, it's Edward's fault in the first place to arrive there without permission, you see.

They belong to a 'Cult of the Sage', established presumably by a Sage much older than Kavanagh or Roberts. You read about that in Kavanagh's bottled messages.

Given the Sage sculpture inside the ancient temple, the Mayan people also have some connection to the Sages----which might also explain how they knew about the 'end of the world', etc.

Ureh
07-28-2014, 09:18 PM

Maybe not too long. Cause there can be more than one living at the same time right?

Hans684
07-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Maybe not too long. Cause there can be more than one living at the same time right?

More than one Sage can live at the same time, there isn't a curtain pattern or rule that there can't.