PDA

View Full Version : AC and Being Human Conspiracy

yourACfix
07-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi! I'm the admin of Your Assassin's Creed Fix on Facebook and I found something very interesting.

After the reveal of Dan Jeannotte as the voice of Arno and recognizing him from Syfy's Being Human, I did some digging. At least 7 of AC‬'s voice actors were also part of the cast of Being Human (2 of which were very minor).

My suspicions came to me after remembering that Andreas Apergis (Ray from BH) was the voice of Ceasre, but I had no idea there were so many!

I thought you guys would find this interest most of all. What do you think? A massive conspiracy? Are the templars at Ubisoft a bunch of ghosts, vampires, and werewolves? I strongly recommend watching the show if you haven't seen it.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag359/tjwalker1369/BeingHumanvsAC_zps87b4ebad.jpg?t=1406385275

SHADOWGARVIN
07-26-2014, 03:45 PM
You mean Cesare Borgia? I don't even recognize most of them from being human. I only remember seeing Ray and the brother of Sally.

yourACfix
07-26-2014, 04:41 PM
You mean Cesare Borgia? I don't even recognize most of them from being human. I only remember seeing Ray and the brother of Sally.

Yeah I meant Ceasre Borgia. Dan played the ghost that first taught Sally her powers, Angela played Sally's best friend, and Alex played a vampire.

guardian_titan
07-26-2014, 04:58 PM
I didn't recognize who Dan played, but playing a character from the first season would be why. That was so long ago now. Loved the series and disappointed it's over ... but then again I found the final season a bit of an oddball so guess it's good it's over.

Anyway, The Walking Dead TV show keeps hiring actors off The Wire so I doubt AC using Being Human actors is a conspiracy or anything. Ubisoft probably just talks to the same agencies as Being Human and they recommend the same actors that were on the show.

Look at a lot of VAs for games and many of the same ones end up used. Mark Meer, Rafael Sbarge, and Jennifer Hale (among others) are quite common in Bioware games. Dave Fennoy's common in Telltale ones. Companies just develop a relationship with certain actors and repeatedly go back to them later.

Also possible someone in the AC development team was a fan of Being Human and remembered Dan's obscure part from the first season.

Chances are it's just coincidence, though. Once you start noticing and remembering actor names, you see them everywhere. Andy Serkis is certainly getting around after playing Gollum in Lord of the Rings. Now he's Caesar in Planet of the Apes and some unannounced creature in Star Wars Episode 7 among other roles.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Yeah I meant Ceasre Borgia. Dan played the ghost that first taught Sally her powers, Angela played Sally's best friend, and Alex played a vampire.

Yes, I remember Dan now, but the other two i don't remember.

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 05:41 PM
wow like a good chunk of the notable female characters were played by the same person, lol.

Xstantin
07-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Available French Canadian actors are available. :)

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Available French Canadian actors are available. :)

I suppose that makes sense :)

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Being Human was filmed in Canada I'm pretty sure.

So it makes sense.

yourACfix
07-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Being Human was filmed in Canada I'm pretty sure.

So it makes sense.

See I didn't know that! But yeah I didn't mean an actual conspiracy people. :P