PDA

View Full Version : Need new cards to remove Ongoing cards

bjarked
07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Right now the only ones who are able to get rid of ongoing spells (not enchantments) are Stronghold, Haven and Prime. but right now there are way to many OP permanents.
so i think we need to make ongoing removers which every one can use, here are some ideas

Event
Witches Tribute
Cost 3
deal 3 damage to your hero, destroy target ongoing spell.

or

Event
Week of the Cleansing
Cost 4
Discard a card, destroy target ongoing spell.

or

Fortune
Local Witches
Cost 3
Might 0
Magic 0
Destiny 2
destroy target ongoing spell.
Fortune - instant

if you have better ideas pleas post them

malkorion
07-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I'd say the game needs more widely available universal cards to deal with non-creature permanents.

bwwuuuhhhh
07-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Alternatively, ongoings should have some sort of condition that would allow them to terminate, like Immolation or Stone Shield.

Wikist
07-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Right now the only ones who are able to get rid of ongoing spells (not enchantments) are Stronghold, Haven and Prime. but right now there are way to many OP permanents.
so i think we need to make ongoing removers which every one can use, here are some ideas

Event
Witches Tribute
Cost 3
deal 3 damage to your hero, destroy target ongoing spell.

or

Event
Week of the Cleansing
Cost 4
Discard a card, destroy target ongoing spell.

or

Fortune
Local Witches
Cost 3
Might 0
Magic 0
Destiny 2
destroy target ongoing spell.
Fortune - instant

if you have better ideas pleas post them

You mean ongoing fortunes, right? With spells we don't have that much of a problem.

bjarked
07-26-2014, 08:14 PM
You mean ongoing fortunes, right? With spells we don't have that much of a problem.
Year sorry had not seen that Empowered Spell and was a Fortunens, but we still need tings to remove the spells.

S9TF1
07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
It's card crafting time!

Goblin Witch-Doctor

Magic Melee Shooter
Cost: 1 requisition
Requirements: 1 Might/ 1 Fortune
Stats: 1/0/3

Whenever an Ongoing Spell or Fortune is played, destroy it first, then destroy Goblin Witch-Doctor. If target Ongoing Spell or Fortune is already in play when this creature is deployed, destroy it first, then destroy this creature.

Flavor text: "You worried? Why, I'm sure it is perfectly sa..." Last words of a late goblin which should have known better.

I've always felt that Stronghold lacked a better alternative to Goblin Scout, so I gave it a creature that counters it without being countered. Do note that, being a melee shooter, it will always lose against any 2/1/2. Goblin Witch-Doctor is essentially a creature that negates a single Ongoing Fortune or Spell, though it will also work against yourself if you are not careful.

Overall you trade early game pressure for better late game/ OTK protection. Powerless against boardwipes or creature decks with buildings, it is the bane of the Garant OTK. As long as you play smartly, this combo will be much harder to pull.

Zydar_GG
08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Consume magic

Fire spell
cost 3 or 4
deal 4 damage to target friendly creature and destroy target enemy ongoing spell