PDA

View Full Version : Connor Officially Deconfirmed for Unity Cameo

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 10:50 PM
@NicholasPrasad Asks: Will there be any cameos from previous characters in the series?

Alex: There aren't any explicit cameos, but previous characters are alluded to in the story!

Connor Deconfirmed. Warranted own thread. Let us mourn :(

Fatal-Feit
07-25-2014, 10:54 PM
I expect a cameo in Unity, but I AM willing to bet there's one in Comet.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't believe it, Mayrice! You've been fooled. I'll believe it when I see it!! O_O

lothario-da-be
07-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Lies, lies!!!

AherasSTRG
07-25-2014, 11:00 PM
I was so hyped about the idea of Arno requesting Connor's help sometime during the Revolution. I would have loved a cameo :'(.

lothario-da-be
07-25-2014, 11:02 PM
I was so hyped about the idea of Arno requesting Connor's help sometime during the Revolution. I would have loved a cameo :'(.
Me too, its seemed so logical the he would at least make an appearance.

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Comet is our only hope.

Worship The One Who Knows.

Only then will our wishes be granted.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 11:14 PM
They're not giving ups and neither should we :)

http://i57.tinypic.com/xlvxjs.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2elcrq0.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/wlov9.png

~~~~~~

http://i61.tinypic.com/atnjox.png

You stop that! No tears dammit! We must.... sigh... wait and see...

http://i60.tinypic.com/10qb1o9.png

Fixed :p

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Alex already said in another interview they'd allude to Ezio and Altair. Connor was not mentioned at all.

Most we can hope for is Connor DLC in glorious current gen or a cameo in Comet

killzab
07-25-2014, 11:19 PM
@NicholasPrasad Asks: Will there be any cameos from previous characters in the series?

Alex: There aren't any explicit cameos, but previous characters are alluded to in the story!

Connor Deconfirmed. Warranted own thread. Let us mourn :(

You know ... it doesn't really mean anything...

He could be playing on words.

If Connor has a significant part in the story of ACU, he won't be a cameo, but a main character ,you know what I mean ?

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:20 PM

Europe is full of Assassins, same for the North of Africa and the Middle East, why would Arno request the help of a dude from the other side of the ocean?

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:21 PM
@Humble

shhhhhhhhhhhh...

Let us mourn and pay respects :(

Maybe Darby or Corey are writing something awesome for Connor as we speak.

@killzab

I doubt Alex would bother to be that cryptic. He'd just say 'wait and see' if that was the case.

rickprog
07-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Because he has experience with revolutions... ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Alex already said in another interview they'd allude to Ezio and Altair. Connor was not mentioned at all.

Most we can hope for is Connor DLC in glorious current gen or a cameo in Comet

But he was totally avoided which is why there are suspicions...

You know ... it doesn't really mean anything...

He could be playing on words.

If Connor has a significant part in the story of ACU, he won't be a cameo, but a main character ,you know what I mean ?

True. Main or cameo, doesnt matter much to me :)

Besides we still have this:

http://i57.tinypic.com/14cyvwm.png

m4r-k7
07-25-2014, 11:23 PM
He could be lying. If he said "wait and see" that would be a yes. He couldn't have said anything else really. He had to say no.

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:24 PM

RevolutionS instead of simply revolution might just be a way of speaking and people are reading too much in to it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 11:24 PM

He could be lying. If he said "wait and see" that would be a yes. He couldn't have said anything else really. He had to say no.

@Humble

shhhhhhhhhhhh...

Let us mourn and pay respects :(

Maybe Darby or Corey are writing something awesome for Connor as we speak.

EXACTLY!

I doubt Alex would bother to be that cryptic. He'd just say 'wait and see' if that was the case.

They always use this if it's a positive of negative answers. Ubi is an enigma!

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:26 PM
How about Aveline? nobody asks if she has a cameo? only Connor? bunch of sexists.

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:29 PM
@m4r

I tend to believe most devs when they give blatant answers.

I mean, do we have instances in the past where Ubi Devs deliberately lied to us in order to conceal a surprise? I genuinely don't know because I haven't been in the fandom that long.

@ze

lololol

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
@ze

Lol, we always forget about her, probably because she wasn't consider a main character in the series. I'll take Aveline too.

AherasSTRG
07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Europe is full of Assassins, same for the North of Africa and the Middle East, why would Arno request the help of a dude from the other side of the ocean?

Because he has become THE MENTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! (No, he hasn't, I am just playing with the idea in my head)

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Europe should have a couple mentors, maybe one per country at least.

AherasSTRG
07-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Europe should have a couple mentors, maybe one per country at least.

Oh, I thought the Assassins had moved to the single-Mentor format by the 18th century, but it turns out, I am wrong. That did not happen until the 20th century.

SixKeys
07-25-2014, 11:38 PM
I mean, do we have instances in the past where Ubi Devs deliberately lied to us in order to conceal a surprise? I genuinely don't know because I haven't been in the fandom that long.

Nope.

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Alright thanks.

Yeah sorry Humble. There's no hope. :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh, I thought the Assassins had moved to the single-Mentor format by the 18th century, but it turns out, I am wrong. That did not happen until the 20th century.

I don't know but the difficulty of communication in those times was not prone to one single mentor for the entire world or even a continent.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Alright thanks.

Yeah sorry Humble. There's no hope. :rolleyes:

What did I just say? >_> lol

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:43 PM
The only thing that could make things worse is if Comet IS a templar game starring Shay but Haytham is deconfirmed for a cameo :rolleyes:

AherasSTRG
07-25-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't know but the difficulty of communication in those times was not prone to one single mentor for the entire world or even a continent.

You are right. I also checked "The Mentor" entry in the character pages of Assassin's Creed The Fall Deluxe Edition.

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:44 PM
What if there is no Comet and the game is called Meteorite or Asteroid?

AherasSTRG
07-25-2014, 11:45 PM
What if there is no Comet and the game is called Meteorite or Asteroid?

And it's a Space Invaders AC-themed game?

masterfenix2009
07-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Again, Connor could be more then just a cameo appearance.

ze_topazio
07-25-2014, 11:56 PM
He could appear in an entire sequence, or maybe in Metal Gear Solid 2 style they are fooling us and Connor is the main character after all.

JustPlainQuirky
07-25-2014, 11:58 PM
^lolololol now I think that's stretching it a bit :rolleyes:

masterfenix2009
07-26-2014, 12:00 AM
It depends also on what you consider a cameo. If he appears for 5 missions, I don't consider it a cameo.

guardian_titan
07-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Given that this is now the second game since AC3 came out and Ubisoft clearly knows Connor fans want to see his return, they're either being rather vicious about keeping any news of him quiet or they've swept him under the rug and are now just beating it flat. With Unity having a movie to go along with it when they stated previously they didn't have the resources to do one for Connor, I'd be more inclined to believe the beating the rug flat theory at this point. This is certainly killing any of my interest in the series going forward.

Arno honestly doesn't interest me. All he looks like to me (from what I've seen) is another Haytham with Ezio sprinkled in. While I loved Haytham (I actually named my dog Haytham), I don't want to see a rehash of him. Then the whole white room removal just makes me think Arno's a memory vampire now. He "sucks" the memories of his victims out and views them rather than the typical white room moment. The fact that the game's also returning to a single city and Brotherhood and Revelations were decidedly not my favorite games along with the removal of horses (even though I can understand why that was done) doesn't make me excited, either.

I find it rather hard to really find anything to be excited about with this game. Every announcement, rather than exciting me, kills my interest that much more.

In regards to Comet, if it does star Eseosa rather than Shay, if Aveline's still alive (assuming she didn't die in the New Orleans fire of March 1788), why didn't Eseosa write to her instead of Connor? That's sexist, too. She's the older and more experienced assassin. She'd also be closer to the Caribbean due to being in New Orleans than Connor is in Massachusetts. She'd also be able to blend into the slave population far better than Connor. That either hints to me Aveline's disregarded even by fellow assassins (not just the fan base), she retired, or she's dead.

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 12:23 AM
Hell yes, never wanted Connor to go to France, would feel entirely too forced.

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 12:23 AM
@guardian

Arno does seem to share similarites to Haytham both in personality and background, but we'll see. Hopefully he'll bloom into something of his own.

@jexx

:rolleyes: someone is happy

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Given that this is now the second game since AC3 came out and Ubisoft clearly knows Connor fans want to see his return, they're either being rather vicious about keeping any news of him quiet or they've swept him under the rug and are now just beating it flat. With Unity having a movie to go along with it when they stated previously they didn't have the resources to do one for Connor, I'd be more inclined to believe the beating the rug flat theory at this point. This is certainly killing any of my interest in the series going forward.

Arno honestly doesn't interest me. All he looks like to me (from what I've seen) is another Haytham with Ezio sprinkled in. While I loved Haytham (I actually named my dog Haytham), I don't want to see a rehash of him. Then the whole white room removal just makes me think Arno's a memory vampire now. He "sucks" the memories of his victims out and views them rather than the typical white room moment. The fact that the game's also returning to a single city and Brotherhood and Revelations were decidedly not my favorite games along with the removal of horses (even though I can understand why that was done) doesn't make me excited, either.

I find it rather hard to really find anything to be excited about with this game. Every announcement, rather than exciting me, kills my interest that much more.

In regards to Comet, if it does star Eseosa rather than Shay, if Aveline's still alive (assuming she didn't die in the New Orleans fire of March 1788), why didn't Eseosa write to her instead of Connor? That's sexist, too. She's the older and more experienced assassin. She'd also be closer to the Caribbean due to being in New Orleans than Connor is in Massachusetts. She'd also be able to blend into the slave population far better than Connor. That either hints to me Aveline's disregarded even by fellow assassins (not just the fan base), she retired, or she's dead.

Good points. God knows what Ubi has in store now. My excitement levels are not as high as I thought it would be... Hopefully they will prove me wrong in the near future..

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 12:32 AM

You're prematurely judging both Arno and Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 12:34 AM
I think Arno will actually be a likable character TBH

But all we really have to go off is his character design which isn't saying much...

m4r-k7
07-26-2014, 12:36 AM
We need a story trailer :)

roostersrule2
07-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Jon253
07-26-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm really hoping he shows up for a little bit, Unity takes place only a few years after Assassin's Creed 3, and he has experience with revolutions

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha

This was all apart of your plan, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
07-26-2014, 12:49 AM
Indeed, this hope for him to still be in the game with a larger then cameo role is also hilarious.

ACfan443
07-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Indeed, this hope for him to still be in the game with a larger then cameo role is also hilarious.

The sweet tears in this thread are hilarious.

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 12:51 AM
Acceptance is the first step... :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 12:55 AM

Your kind does not belong here.. Go gaga over Ezio :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
07-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Not only will I gaga over Ezio, but I will gaga on not just his sequel but his two sequels hahaha

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 01:04 AM

The sweet tears in this thread are hilarious.

don't be jerks about it guys

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 01:10 AM
I didn't find it jerkish, but to be fair I enjoy Connor suffering (including via fans) as much as I enjoy Connor

http://media0.giphy.com/media/N2FmTagNKYwaQ/200_s.gif

I mourn. But at the same time part of me is entertained.

'Tis the life of a sadomasochist

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 01:12 AM
I didn't find it jerkish, but to be fair I enjoy Connor suffering (including via fans) as much as I enjoy Connor

http://media0.giphy.com/media/N2FmTagNKYwaQ/200_s.gif

I mourn. But at the same time part of me is entertained.

'Tis the life of a sadomasochist

I knew it!!

roostersrule2
07-26-2014, 01:26 AM
don't be jerks about it guysYea sorry, now that I've thought it over I forgot just how realistic Connor was, for his trillions of fans it must've felt like losing a loved one. Perhaps even more then that, he was just so realistic.

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 01:31 AM
:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 01:32 AM
I knew it!!

Keep it secret, m'kay? :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 01:33 AM
:rolleyes:

Lol I thought the same thing.. "Not sure if sarcasm or sincere."

Keep it secret, m'kay? :rolleyes:

Okey dokey! :p

Jexx21
07-26-2014, 01:39 AM
Oh, I know he was being sarcastic, but he just has a habit of being a jerk to people when they're talking about Connor.

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 01:41 AM
I just read it with his Yves persona in mind so it amuses me greatly. :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
07-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Lololololol

GoldenBoy9999
07-26-2014, 01:49 AM
The absence of Connor in Assassin's Creed Unity is music to my ears. He should stay in the Americas. If he's not in Unity then he must have his own sequel :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-26-2014, 01:52 AM
The absence of Connor in Assassin's Creed Unity is music to my ears. He should stay in the Americas. If he's not in Unity then he must have his own sequel :rolleyes:

Somewhere right now a major AC developer is reading your comment with a devious smile on his face as he takes another sip of his drink.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 01:53 AM

Starting another theory? :rolleyes: lol

Somewhere right now a major AC developer is reading your comment with a devious smile on his face as he takes another sip of his drink.

I can only imagine who O_O

moron4666
07-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Wasn't there another forum a while back that predicted that the title would be Unity and the setting would be French Revolution. If I remember correctly (I tried finding the forum but couldn't) they even guessed the name Arno right and in that post, He said Connor would help Arno. I don't know about you but I think we should be listening to that guy if he got all that correct.

LoyalACFan
07-26-2014, 06:33 AM
Wasn't there another forum a while back that predicted that the title would be Unity and the setting would be French Revolution. If I remember correctly (I tried finding the forum but couldn't) they even guessed the name Arno right and in that post, He said Connor would help Arno. I don't know about you but I think we should be listening to that guy if he got all that correct.

Even legit leaks are often spliced with inaccurate information. Black Flag was accurately leaked a few months before it was announced, but the source also incorrectly stated that it would feature co-op play with a famous Scottish pirate. Now, this could have been something that was cut, especially considering that Mary Read's voice actress was initially auditioning for a Scottish pirate who was cut from the final game (so it was perhaps not explicitly "wrong" per se when it was leaked) but the fact remains that it didn't make it into the game. Maybe when this person first got wind of Unity and leaked it, there actually were plans to give Connor an appearance, but if the devs are flatly denying it now I have no reason to suspect they're lying.

Legendz54
07-26-2014, 06:56 AM
Its not true... CONNOR NOT IN AC UNITY!!!!??

http://media.giphy.com/media/VpFk06Txoj4uA/giphy.gif

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Oh well, back to the drawing board. I did say that Connor wasn't going to be in Unity for about a month ago- hate to say I told you so. Even though Lafayette invited Connor to visit him in France, that did not automatically mean that he has to go. There's no logical reason for Connor to be there and I'm glad he's not. He deserves his own sequel and have it all to himself.

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 04:04 PM
ahhh... aslas. A part of me knew this was coming, then there was that 1.1823% that still believed just maybe. ;_;

but it's okay honestly Connor really has no business in France. I know lafayette said to come, but there was still too much to do in the Americas. I could see them perhaps getting a letter from Connor in France and he is alluded to that way. Hahah.. That's when the letter is part of his soliloquy. BOOM! NAILED IT.

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:10 PM
ahhh... aslas. A part of me knew this was coming, then there was that 1.1823% that still believed just maybe. ;_;

but it's okay honestly Connor really has no business in France. I know lafayette said to come, but there was still too much to do in the Americas. I could see them perhaps getting a letter from Connor in France and he is alluded to that way. Hahah.. That's when the letter is part of his soliloquy. BOOM! NAILED IT.

There you go. :)

There are a lot of things to do back in America, he is needed more there. Someone else also pointed out that it doesn't make sense for Arno to send for Connor to help him out in France when there are other Assassins throughout Europe that live close by.

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 04:17 PM
très vrai

Still... I was really hoping for it. Even if was a really tiny part. Hopefully we'll get some kind of closure on him one day.

I-Like-Pie45
07-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I demand pics of your hands Gunner :)

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Never thought you'd be asking me that question

http://www.beautystylo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Special-Hand-Care-Tips-for-Winter.jpg

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 04:27 PM
bwahaha! your hands are loverly Gunny.

(loverly was on purpose. Gunny was not... :| )

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
bwahaha! your hands are loverly Gunny.

I just had my nails done, you like? :p

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Yes! I love the french tips! I see your dedication to Unity Already! haha!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 04:31 PM
There you go. :)

There are a lot of things to do back in America, he is needed more there. Someone else also pointed out that it doesn't make sense for Arno to send for Connor to help him out in France when there are other Assassins throughout Europe that live close by.

So if there is so much to be done in America, they better make a sequel about it with him then :p

~~~~

très vrai = very true.

Pop, you're french?

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Yes! I love the french tips! I see your dedication to Unity Already! haha!

Next, I think I'll have the AC Unity Logo as nail art. :p

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 04:39 PM
So if there is so much to be done in America, they better make a sequel about it with him then :p

~~~~

très vrai = very true.

Pop, you're french?

Yep.. FRENCH CANADIAN. actually no. I'm neither! :D haha. Actually, I studied French for about 2-3 years! So I still know a little bit! I would love to pick it up and start taking classes again. The funny thing is I live in a state were spanish is pretty dominate so I decided to be cool and go completely different. -_- it's gotten me so far in life. lol!

@gunner Oh! J'aime cette idée! :D

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:43 PM

I'm sure they will, we just have to give it time. :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Yep.. FRENCH CANADIAN. actually no. I'm neither! :D haha. Actually, I studied French for about 2-3 years! So I still know a little bit! I would love to pick it up and start taking classes again. The funny thing is I live in a state were spanish is pretty dominate so I decided to be cool and go completely different. -_- it's gotten me so far in life. lol!

Awesome :D I just might study French myself.

I'm sure they will, we just have to give it time. :)

Hey, thats my line lol

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Awesome :D I just might study French myself.

Hey, thats my line lol

I might consider learning a bit of French too. I speak Dutch, but I'm not 100% fluent.

I know that's your line, that's why I used it :p

Megas_Doux
07-26-2014, 06:28 PM
I like Connor, but aside from its Civil War, I just dont want a US setting ever again, or at least NOT in a near future. Connor ´s big chance was his own game, but AC III did not live up to the HUGE expectations and adding further insult to injury, Haytham outshined him....

I wished for a cameo, but After Unity, I want other eras and places. Even though I personally believe there might be a sequel for Unity featuring Napoleon´s Empire.

Edit I forgot "Comet" and the rumours about Eseosa.....

marvelfannumber
07-26-2014, 06:39 PM
What's with this strange obsession concerning a Connor cameo? I mean I get that fans of him would like a proper conclusion, but would you really get that satisfaction from a simple cameo that lasts at most 1 minute?

Oh and also craving for a cameo makes no sense, isn't a cameo supposed to be a fun surprise instead of a OMG MUST HAVES?

poptartz20
07-26-2014, 07:02 PM
What's with this strange obsession concerning a Connor cameo? I mean I get that fans of him would like a proper conclusion, but would you really get that satisfaction from a simple cameo that lasts at most 1 minute?

Oh and also craving for a cameo makes no sense, isn't a cameo supposed to be a fun surprise instead of a OMG MUST HAVES?

Because it almost feels like that closure. Oh we get to see him "older" ... it's the phrase something is better than nothing. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, because people have HOPE. Lol. (I was serious about the first two sentences)

Mr_Shade
07-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Please continue to discuss the fan wish of Connor returning in the ongoing thread.

While this thread started out relevant, it has turned into another 'bring back Connor' thread - and we already have one of those - and the content of this thread, as per the first post - should be there, so everyone is aware.