PDA

View Full Version : Will beta-testers need t o download or get a physical copy of the final game?

zacaeus
07-25-2014, 07:00 PM
i am just wondering if the final game will be patched to the beta i downloaded. i know that i may have to purchase it, but i hate to have to redownload or get a physical copy if i don't need it

William.jpg
07-26-2014, 03:33 AM
I have never heard of a beta that was patched to the full game. Sorry, bud, you're gonna have to redownload.

plasma06
07-26-2014, 04:49 AM
the only beta that rolled into release for me was ESO. most of the time changes are made to the game as well as the client.

MaXiiczek
07-26-2014, 09:45 AM
as long as i know, Guild Wars 2 was patched to the final version from the beta versions... the same counts with Heroes of Newerth... so i dont think its something unusual or impossible... but they already said we will have to redownload final version of The Crew

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-26-2014, 12:23 PM
There will be changes before release, so yes you will have to download again.

Mr_Shade
07-26-2014, 07:16 PM
This means i must download again these 15 GB???NOOOOO my Internet sucks.

If you have really slow internet, it maybe worth checking into the retail disc version?

KernelPad
07-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Does that mean we should uninstall the beta we have? Isn't there going to be a beta any time soon? so I think we should keep the download right now, once the servers are up we can re-download any patches. Once the game releases, I assume it will be called "The Crew" not "The Crew: Beta" so its safe to re-download or purchase the disk version of the game.

zacaeus
07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
thanks for the reply, i am probably going to get the retail disk since i do not want to download again