PDA

View Full Version : This is Rainbow Six

twinspectre
07-25-2014, 05:42 PM
this guy knows what is the Real Rainbow Six experience , and i hope Siege will not be another Generic Shooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osYqayiNBng

Dome500
07-25-2014, 06:54 PM
He is absolutely right.

If they want to compete in this market you have to be unique. And that not only in 1 feature. And R6 was something tht used to be unique until Raven Shield (RS included).

Those mechanics, the way you can lean in, check corners, 1 bullet in the right place = dead, people limping or having less accurate aim because they were hit in the leg or arm, a variety of weapons as loadouts (all unlocked right away), a gunsmith kind of weapon customization, camos, hardcore modes, mutliple mp modes, a good tactical singleplayer/coop with planning phase, mutliple teams of squats and being able to switch to the next team member when you die as one, all that stuff is what made R6 so great. And I think this could really be something - for a change - that could interest a lot of people, especially since many people grow tired of Battlefield or Call of Duty and search for something new, but they still want something in a similar genre.

R6 could fill that gap providing the ususal first person shooter with it's unique style and tactical approach, planning phases and customization options as well as mechanics of old.

Don't mess this up Ubisoft, you have a chance to make something great here if you are willing to do the right steps to create it (dedicated servers, good old mechanics and variety in customization and weapons, planning phase, good singleplayer, coop and multiplayer, R6-like story, R6-like international team and the above mentioned things, etc.)

(Btw: I also have an idea in terms of peparation and stuff. I know it is used way too often today, but I think it fits in the whole R6 thing. We could have an HQ where you can go around, try weapons at a firing range, have a training course, manage your personal (team members, hire new ones, etc (a la XCom)) and make your planning phases. If you include a map editor this could also be the palce to access it.)

twinspectre
07-25-2014, 07:32 PM
UBISOFT don't make R6 an Hollywood like shooter

don't screw this up ok?

make your own fanbase/market introduce again the old school SquadBasedTacticalShooter.

Ghost-117-16
07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
As long as we're being nostalgic ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74yN22J7OI

twinspectre
07-26-2014, 04:31 PM
i want Rainbow Six siege to deliver the same Experience as Rainbow Six 1998

Kaiskune
07-27-2014, 03:42 PM
this game comes out, one shot kills, Full sized teams, great multi-player, photo realistic skinning on the player models, real weapon recording and specs, tons of tactical options for planning prior to going into a mission, you name it, this game had so many features, it had more features than most multi-million dollar budgeted games today and its a joke!

we are going backwards.

the first Rainbow six has more features than the latest Tom Clancys' rainbow six or ghost recon games from Ubisoft. who have basically destroyed the franchise

truer words have never been spoken in a nostalgia video.

unfortunately after that point he loses all my respect as he goes off on a tangent blaming console players for everything that's wrong with the genre and franchise today.

its the Developers who killed the franchise by trying to emulate CoD, Even the console players hoped for a game on the same level as their PS1 copy of Rainbow Six 1 when we where handed the mess that is Vegas 1 and 2

twinspectre
07-27-2014, 06:01 PM
he blame the console , just because they want to play a Hollywood experience , he's talking about Modern Console Gamers(i know that , because i contacted him and he was talking about Modern Console Gamers :) )
i'm a old skool Console Gamer and i still have the original Rainbow Six 1998 copy :)

Dome500
07-27-2014, 07:50 PM
unfortunately after that point he loose all my respect as he goes off on a tangent blaming console players for everything that's wrong with the genre and franchise today.

Well you have to admit that the growth of the console market brought forth more and more casual gamers and young people playing which led to more and more dumped down and overly cinematic and scripted games. Maybe console gamers in general are not the problem, but the console market which provided a big audience and brings more and more "newbies", noobs and casual gamers or also young inexperienced gamers used to getting things done easily today , has definitely a hand in it all.

PC gaming was and is still the most hardcore experience, even though I have NOTHING against console gamers, mind you.
I am sure there are as much hardcore gamers on console than there are on PC. Unfortunately there are a lot more casual gamers on consoles than there are on PC.

In the end though I think a lot of people get tired of oversimplified games today, especially within the last 2 - 3 years, even a good portion of the "casuals". I hope change will come with the next generation of hardware and software.

Kaiskune
07-27-2014, 08:50 PM
I have to agree (albeit grudgingly) that the rise of consoles has brought about large influx in casual gamers. because of Infinity Wards CoD4 you now have to cut around half a decade off of the PEGI age rating to get the average age of the player. but again that is not the fault of those who play the game, the developers are still at fault for catering towards the casual player over the so called 'professional'.

I play both systems about the same amount, I have games I prefer on the PC, others I keep on the console out of preference (my mouse and keyboard shooting skills sucks sooooo~ badly!), my rig is good for about another year before I need to look into upping its graphics card. on the other hand my 360 runs fine but unfortunately may be my last console if the usual suspects don't commit to a console that actually does what I want (I.E play video games instead of trying to make me run a console that is plugged into a TV as the TV. if i want to watch TV... I turn the console off is that really that hard to understand?)

its probably just the way he said it but he came off as incredibly arrogant and like he was pandering to the usual salivating hard core "1st person shooters on the console are an abomination" (seriously, that line was the best one I'd ever heard on the battlefield 3 forums!) elitists for extra brownie points hense the criticism

he sounded like he had forgotten that it is a CHOICE to whether you prefer the console or the PC not some godly calling that marks PC players out for greatness. you can build or pay someone to build a modest gaming computer for the same price as a console nowadays anyway.

its just personal opinion and experience but while there may be more casual gamers on the console the smaller hardcore console player groups I find tend to be far more mature than the PC groups. I can generally get an intelligent answer to game related questions from a console player compared to the usual "Lulz F**k off n00b" I'd get from forty one out of forty two PC players

twinspectre
07-27-2014, 10:26 PM
truer words have never been spoken in a nostalgia video.

unfortunately after that point he loses all my respect as he goes off on a tangent blaming console players for everything that's wrong with the genre and franchise today.

its the Developers who killed the franchise by trying to emulate CoD, Even the console players hoped for a game on the same level as their PS1 copy of Rainbow Six 1 when we where handed the mess that is Vegas 1 and 2

we still have more Modern Console gamers who want Siege to be more like VEGAS

old skool gamer instead want the game to be like the old ones (1998 - 2003)

twinspectre
07-27-2014, 10:32 PM
Well you have to admit that the growth of the console market brought forth more and more casual gamers and young people playing which led to more and more dumped down and overly cinematic and scripted games. Maybe console gamers in general are not the problem, but the console market which provided a big audience and brings more and more "newbies", noobs and casual gamers or also young inexperienced gamers used to getting things done easily today , has definitely a hand in it all.

PC gaming was and is still the most hardcore experience, even though I have NOTHING against console gamers, mind you.
I am sure there are as much hardcore gamers on console than there are on PC. Unfortunately there are a lot more casual gamers on consoles than there are on PC.

In the end though I think a lot of people get tired of oversimplified games today, especially within the last 2 - 3 years, even a good portion of the "casuals". I hope change will come with the next generation of hardware and software.

i'm a old school console gamer and i have to agree with you

Hardcore like me :cool: are the Minority p.s to all console gamers out there this is our time to show Ubisoft we don't want dumbed down casual games , we want to learn the game mechanincs by ourselfs , give us a oldschool R6 and hopefully all games in the future to be more hardcore so both PC and Console can re-enjoy the gaming again like the old good and Gold days

i miss the learning , the challenging , the Exploration , the Hardcore (no dumbed down , hand holding games and other BS that only filthy casual loves) , i want to be satisfied when i beat a game i miss everything from the past i wish a come back at it's full glory

p.s Screw the Cinematic Experience that are ruining gaming.