PDA

View Full Version : Set others players on fire on a supercross track ?

Jeruhnq
07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I currently make a supercross track (90% done) and i wanna set players on fire when they do a superman.
The problem is when we try in local MP (thanks C2T), only the first player will be on fire.

My question is : Is it possible to get an impluse to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th player only ?
Also, I have some other events on the 4 driving lines, linked to the rider (as the "detach a part of the bike" event, etc). But it will affect only the first rider, right ?

If someone have an answer, thanks :)

Core2TOM
07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
i think thats the reason why events werent available in evo - they are not supposed to be used in supercross.
tons of events would need updates: player event trigger, afterburner event, bike control event, bike part detach event, fire event, game event (why is that available in supercross??), game variable data source... the controller vibration is the ONLY tool thats designed for 4 players / 4 controllers.

dasraizer
07-25-2014, 06:52 PM
hi,

i was wondering if the area/hit triggers send the bike ID as well, so say lane two has an area trigger that fires its impulse to an afterburner it only activates it for bike two?
could be worth a test maybe, i have no means to check this hypothesis, i can't even find how to change lanes for testing!

Jeruhnq
07-25-2014, 11:37 PM
@dasraizer it dosen't work =/
If the line #2 has an area trigger that fires its impulse to an afterburner, it will just activate "the main rider".
For exemple : If the main rider is on the line #3 and the 4th rider activate "the code" on his own line, only the main rider will be on fire (the rider on the line #3).

I think we have to wait an update as Core2TOM said :(

Hope a dev' will report this and the events will be fixed :o

Btw if a dev' can tell me if this is planed or not : add more characters for the description/instructions of a track ? thank you

Core2TOM
07-26-2014, 01:36 AM
the different lines doesnt matter, the events itself are the problem. except the controller vibration tool every event is designed to use with player 1 (the main rider)
for example: if you place area trigger + fire event to line #2 it will still set the player #1 on fire, because the event is working with player #1... seems like nobody tested this, thats a shame!

its weird. some tools are removed in supercross like the impuls splitter (wtf?) but the game event is still in there, so you could change the game character of player #1 in your supercross track (wtf?!)

TeriXeri
07-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Agreed that there need to be a cleanup of tools for supercross, I understand stuff like OPE (see Fusion cross moving parts) but some other things said above make far less sense, especially if you cannot assign a specific player/lane.

Also sound effects are gone but looped sound aren't.

JolanXBL
08-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I haven't looked at it yet but sounds like Player 1 could be the 'Dungeon Master', operating traps and effects on the other lanes.

C0H00L
09-24-2014, 07:19 PM
hi,
it'd be nice if you all ,create long tracks (Outdoh MX V2, ... AMAMOTOCROSS 4P: TRials evolution xbox 360).
For TRIALS FUSION ( XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, PS4 & PC)
I would even say, very nice.
:cool: