PDA

View Full Version : To Ubisoft. A message of appreciation.

Farlander1991
07-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Hi, Ubisoft. Ubisoft representatives. And Ubisoft forummers.

I am a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. I'm also quite a big critic of the series, and some developer practices. If you're going to search for my posts, you're going to find a lot of messages - links to my blog analyzing and criticizing AC3 level design, message about how Assassin's Creed II plot pacing gets broken in the second half, how the combat system would get more flawed and flawed without fixing the few core problems that were actually present in AC1, how modern day storyline wasn't constructed well, how some of the games are getting riddled with redundant items and systems, how I call ******** on some of the stuff that's happening with unlockable content and community challenges, and etc. etc. etc. etc.

Of course, you'll also hear me praising a lot of AC stuff, but I just feel that in my discussions on this forum, criticism is very prevalent from my part. It's no bad thing, after all, I just want to see the series get only better, but sometimes it can be tiring.

So I want to say just one thing.

Thank you, Ubisoft.

Thank you for the wonderful windows into history you're creating. Renaissance, American Revolution, French Revolution - these are periods I barely knew anything about before playing the games/learning about the games.

Thank you for helping me formulate my view of the world. Assassin's Creed didn't shape how I view the world, but it helped me express my thoughts.

Thank you for some of my favourite and inspiring quotes (with "What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves" being almost at the top of everything).

Thank you for all the hard work that you do and the time that you put in one of my most favorite modern franchises.

And most of all, thank you for the, ultimately, amazing experiences that I had with the series.

Safety and peace, Ubisoft.

m4r-k7
07-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Very nice :) I pretty much agree with every single word in that :)

Farlander1991
07-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Also, on a side note just in case, I would appreciate if this thread wouldn't be used for extensive big critical discussions, that's kinda not the point of this particular thread and I don't want it going there. Thanks.

LoyalACFan
07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Very nice sentiment, Farlander. Unfortunately the nature of online discussion tends to gravitate toward the negative. In the midst of all the critiquing and nitpicking, it's important to sometimes take a step back and realize that we're all fans of these games and love each one for different reasons. Much thanks to the devs for delivering such awesome experiences (and hey, even the not so awesome ones; a few honest mistakes won't go amiss in a series that has been pretty consistently great).

RobertMcSassin
07-24-2014, 12:33 PM
*Reads*...

*Jaw drops*...

*Stands and applauds heartily*...

I very rarely post on the forum, but you, Ser Farlander have just said pretty much exactly what I think and feel about AC and Ubisoft meself...Fair dues...Well done that forummer there...

*Applauds some more*...

Fatal-Feit
07-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Safety and peace, Farlander

wvstolzing
07-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Dear Farlander: A small suggestion. You have a link to your blog in your signature----but no indication as to its contents. I clicked on the link only after having read the OP on this thread; and wish that I'd done so earlier. Your blog posts on AC are excellent. Perhaps you could add some sort of note to your signature, as to the kind of material you have on your blog. That way, more people would have an incentive to go there from the forums here.

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 03:00 PM
:nonchalance:

naumaan
07-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Very good job farlander ...

as with this new topic .. it seems like i feel an urge to post something in regards to ubisoft

I myself am a die hard fan of this series, played the pirated editions first .. now buying all the games for real ...

thats pretty much true what farlander said .. the history portion we learned from the assassins creed is invaluable and we cannot forget it easily ... but as far as the gaming is concerned .. i felt a little downgrade .. i dont know why ..?

in AC 1 when first played .. it was amazing .. when i tried playing it for the second time, all the missions were repeating for every assassination .. which was kinda boring .. so i played assassins creed 1 two times more or less and i got over it ... the ezio story however cannot be forgotten easily, i played that repeatingly for many times, and i dont know why .. i could never feel bored ... AC 3 .. when launched I was so optimistic about the story and all ... it was fun to play it, it was also played many a times but the idea of desmond being killed at the end was not good, I thought we would get an answer to the questions but it made it more confusing ...

and when ac 4 came out .. the modern day missions were boring, tho emails and new videos stuff, and all of it was good but FPS . really ... ? i was never a fan of FPS .. it would be so good if you could turn it back to 3rd person .. well it is still good to play ... but after going through inside animus edward kenway's game .. i loved it ... it totally rocked .. but the so big environment ... the whole big world ... and for about hours you have to go through sea... it was tiresome ... it felt like you were sailing the seas in real .. it was interesting and awesome but it took a lot of time, and at some points .. i left the game for about weeks ... till i feel again to play the game .. but luckily i finished the story ... and then i feel like ... ACBF .. never again ... but I don't want that .. .. we want something enjoyable .. not tiresome.

And ... after the revealing of ACU .. i m pretty much hopeful that the tiresome nature of the game will be rectified ...

UBISOFT fellas .. you are doing a very good work .. I am hopeful you guys will improve the so called errors ..

ze_topazio
07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Despite everything thank you Mr. Ubisoft for providing me with great experiences.

pirate1802
07-24-2014, 05:32 PM
You're all welcome, guys. :)

SixKeys
07-24-2014, 07:18 PM
I can be pretty cynical and negative a lot of the time, mostly because I've been with the series for so long and seen a lot of changes both within the franchise and Ubisoft itself. I wish I could go back to taking each game as they come like I used to when I wasn't following every bit of news. It may not always seem like it, but I am trying to consciously temper my negativity a bit. I hope Unity will deliver another great experience and either way I'm still happy with the old games. So thank you. :)

GoldenBoy9999
07-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Thank you Ubisoft for providing so much history in your games. When we would go over a new historical time period like the American Revolution or talk about Constantinople in Social Studies I would already know so much about the problems, the important people and an overall understanding of the life of those people. I already know I will gain even more knowledge with ACU since it's a time period I haven't delved in to much but I already know what it's about now.

Ureh
07-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Thank you all for being here. And many big thanks to the mods and forum managers to keeping the peace.

Most of all, thanks for the great games. Hopefully everyone gets more vacation times and bonuses.

poptartz20
07-25-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm so happy to see a post like this! Thank you Farlander for taking the time to write this!

I too want to thank Ubi for the countless hours I've spent diving into history!

and a tip of the hat to the mods who make this forum and awesome place to spend some of my free time!

#UBIforward!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-25-2014, 08:08 AM
Lovely encouraging words, Farlander :)

naumaan
07-25-2014, 09:46 AM
Oh i guess .. i criticized ubisoft more than appreciating .. *feeling bumpy*

err

Mr_Shade
07-25-2014, 10:32 AM
I'll forward this on to the team - both forum and devs ;)

Thanks for all the kind comments :)

Would be nice if we could keep this thread positive - since we do have some threads for negative feedback already, it's rare to see the good stuff ;)

RobertMcSassin
07-25-2014, 12:46 PM
*Applauds that Mod right there...*... ;) ...

*Continues to applaud the general sentiment around the thread...*...

:D ...

Secu12
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Thank you Ubisoft for giving me the will and chance to visit Florence!

Nice words Farlander!

MCMonobrow
07-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Hi, Ubisoft. Ubisoft representatives. And Ubisoft forummers.

I am a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. I'm also quite a big critic of the series, and some developer practices. If you're going to search for my posts, you're going to find a lot of messages - links to my blog analyzing and criticizing AC3 level design, message about how Assassin's Creed II plot pacing gets broken in the second half, how the combat system would get more flawed and flawed without fixing the few core problems that were actually present in AC1, how modern day storyline wasn't constructed well, how some of the games are getting riddled with redundant items and systems, how I call ******** on some of the stuff that's happening with unlockable content and community challenges, and etc. etc. etc. etc.

Of course, you'll also hear me praising a lot of AC stuff, but I just feel that in my discussions on this forum, criticism is very prevalent from my part. It's no bad thing, after all, I just want to see the series get only better, but sometimes it can be tiring.

So I want to say just one thing.

Thank you, Ubisoft.

Thank you for the wonderful windows into history you're creating. Renaissance, American Revolution, French Revolution - these are periods I barely knew anything about before playing the games/learning about the games.

Thank you for helping me formulate my view of the world. Assassin's Creed didn't shape how I view the world, but it helped me express my thoughts.

Thank you for some of my favourite and inspiring quotes (with "What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves" being almost at the top of everything).

Thank you for all the hard work that you do and the time that you put in one of my most favorite modern franchises.

And most of all, thank you for the, ultimately, amazing experiences that I had with the series.

Safety and peace, Ubisoft.

Thanks Farlander, this is really nice to hear!! :)

Bashilir
07-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Ahh, this is a nice change for the Forums.

Thanks Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed was the first game I played on Xbox and was the first game I bought again on PS3.
Thank you for making an amazing franchise in the gaming industry, with both the franchise and industry constantly changing, I'm happy to be in the community.

"Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."

Kakuzu745
07-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Very nice post...we usually spend a lot of time discussing or criticizing a lot of stuff of the series but there is a reason why we are here...and it is because we have enjoyed this franchise.

Thank you Ubisoft +1

Sesheenku
07-26-2014, 08:29 PM
Just don't get too soft with them brother. They may just put a blade to your throw when you take your blade from theirs.

jake1991ac
07-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Thats cool also my fourm went south i wrote something spilling my heart out next thing you know people talking trash maby not trash but yea thank you ubisoft

Mr_Shade
07-28-2014, 01:27 PM
FYI

Quick update - The Dev team were very happy to read everyones kind words and appreciation :)

These kind of posts, really do brighten people's working day - so thanks once again!