PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom Blade

rickprog
07-23-2014, 02:13 AM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-phantom-blade/

Pretty cool to know there will be upgrades for the Phantom Blade, and since these were mentioned in plural form, I'd assume they will be similar to Beserk and Sleep darts on ACIV. Perhaps there'll be some more effects as well. Also, having it combined with the usual close range melee weapons sounds great for those moments when you get caught by more than one enemy but don't want to alert other ones nearby with gunshots.

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 02:16 AM
I had heard about this! I believe if will cost $59.99 USD

Thanks for sharing! :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-23-2014, 02:19 AM
I read about this too. Thanks for the share :)

GoldenBoy9999
07-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Thanks, I really like the idea of this thing. It's a cool crossbow gadget that is neat and also fits the time period. This replica makes me want to buy it unlike the other hidden blades. I'm interested to see how it turns out in-game.

GunnerGalactico
07-23-2014, 10:23 AM
I got to get me one of those :p

Thanks for sharing this.

m4r-k7
07-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Its a cool weapon but they are making it sound like a ground breaking new gadget when realistically it is less impressive than the hidden gun we got in AC 2. It doesn't do anything new. It basically just replaces throwing knives (which are awesome - they were classic weapons of the AC franchise and have not been properly in the game since AC R) and the poison dart in the hidden gun. I guess it will come in handy though!

pacmanate
07-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Its funny how they always say new stealth, but its just variations of the same thing.

Poison darts - Beserk darts - Whatever darts in ACU = Same thing, different way.

The Phantom blades dart mechanic is just like Ezio's poison dart thing in ACB, albeit with more dart variants probably.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-23-2014, 06:05 PM
It's a cool crossbow gadget that is neat and also fits the time period.

I loved the crossbow! It's one of my favorite AC weapons. I think the phantom blade will be a great new weapon.

Bashilir
07-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Its a cool weapon but they are making it sound like a ground breaking new gadget when realistically it is less impressive than the hidden gun we got in AC 2. It doesn't do anything new. It basically just replaces throwing knives (which are awesome - they were classic weapons of the AC franchise and have not been properly in the game since AC R) and the poison dart in the hidden gun. I guess it will come in handy though!

Except the hidden gun was loud and drew attention. While the phantom blade, emphasis on 'phantom' is silent. I wouldn't say it's less impressive, although thats up to the individual. I quite like the design of it.

rickprog
07-23-2014, 09:36 PM
You don't need to wait some seconds before it has aimed perfectly before shooting either. It's more like the throwing knives, but having some other effects related to the upgrades.

JustPlainQuirky
07-23-2014, 09:37 PM
@Pac

Tell me about it. It's the just the same thing as the blowdarts.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 10:11 PM
And crossbow, and throwing knives, and bow and arrow, and hidden dart gun.

JustPlainQuirky
07-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Yeah too many AC weapons that do the same thing.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Nah, not really.

As long as you aren't like Ezio and have both throwing knives and a crossbow it's fine to introduce new skins and animations for weapons that do the same thing as previous weapons. Gives the Assassin and setting a more unique flavor.

m4r-k7
07-23-2014, 11:51 PM
I wish they let you choose though from all the variations. I would love to have throwing knives and bow & arrow.