PDA

View Full Version : Editor Streams - twitch.tv/RedLynxOfficial

Core2TOM
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
hey guys, im watching every editor stream every tuesday and im also active in the chat. now i hope you can handle some criticism on your editor streams. i dont want to hate, but i want to give you some feedback and whats currently on my mind:

first of all i really love the editor stream concept (beginner hour + advanced hour) you guys answer questions and show us some stuff, thats nice! also the editor challenge was a superb idea, it was motivating the builders even more to create nice stuff.

imo everyone who is asking questions on the editor streams should watch the trials evolution editor tutorial series (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL38DB3EFF27B438AA) first! no need to answer noob-questions like "how do i activate physics?" or "what is a vector?" (sorry whoever asked that today) just answer questions, that cant be answered with the tutorials. its ok to show some examples if someone didnt fully understand the tutorials, but no need to explain the same like you already did on the tutorial series. those people obviously didnt watched the tutorials at all.

im sorry to say, but i was very disappointed from todays editor stream :( it was like beginner hour + dlc promotion - advanced hour. its frustrating if you cant get something to work, get your questions ready for the editor stream and then you still dont get the answers you need or cant see how it has to be done. i see you guys dont know everything and would need mutetus to answer some advanced questions. thats ok, i dont blame you for that. but please try it at least and show something more. even some guys in the chat would help you out, you know that. the previous editor streams were much more interessting.

for me it feels like the editor streams are turning slowly into promotion streams for dlc or something else. i totally understand that you have to promote your stuff, but tbh the promotion today wasnt even interessting for me. i mean this explosion was really awesome, but why do we have to watch that effect over and over again for about 20 minutes?? isnt there much more to show, that would make the dlc interessting to the builders? come on...

my suggestions are:
stick to your beginner hour / advanced hour concept
post the links to the tutorial series more often and tell everyone to watch it
if you have to promote something like dlc, do it, but make it interessting. please dont show the same effect for 20 minutes over and over again
the 1CPChallenge was a superb idea (reminds me on the winners cycle from trials hds redlynxtv episodes) please bring that back! 1 challenge every week
improved layout with a link to the youtube channel and you could display the questions or even the chat (even overlayed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipNfjB7593I))

http://picload.org/image/lwgwrrp/2014-07-2219_06_22-greenshot.png
thanks for your time my friends and please dont hate me for the criticism <3

RetiredRonin
07-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey Core, nobody is going to hate you for your criticism, this week's Editor stream was a bit chaotic as Shogun and Blue really wanted to show off some of the DLC. It wasn't done from a straight promotion stand-point, it was that we are really excited to see what you do with the new things, and we wanted you guys to be able to start thinking about it a bit earlier.

Like you said, Mutetus is out right now, so that's a huge part of editor teacher wizardry that is off the table for us.

Weekly challenges aren't that easy to do with everything else that is going on right now (DLC next week!) there are definitely plans to have more challenges, but weekly might be pushing it.

Showing the current questions would require Blue and Shogun to have a third person with them, dedicated to prioritizing and preparing the question layout. With summer vacations, that might be a bit difficult to do. I am sure that Blue and Shogun will read this thread, as the streams are Blue's babies, and the editor stream is something that Shogun is very passionate about. So by all means, give us your suggestions on what you think can be done better/differently, and be assured that we'll be looking at it.

Magnus2552
07-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Actually, I never watched a RedLynx Editor Stream yet.
At which time does the stream start? I am interested in the things, that the developers would create with the Editor, so hopefully I will be able to watch the stream next time :)

Core2TOM
07-24-2014, 01:33 PM
you can watch the previous streams here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY0i08rJ6hGguvoNw4KkcueIutC42ZmJx

editor streams are every tuesday 16:00 - 18:00 (german time)

Magnus2552
07-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Thank you :)