PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Experience trailer #1: New engine, New gameplay

prince162010
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Enjoy ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHd9JlpR2Q

4:46

m4r-k7
07-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Wow thanks for this! The combat and parkour look incredible - I reckon this is the best trailer yet.

harsab
07-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Wow...the trailer looks awesome but that soundtrack though? gave me goosebumps...reminds me of the AC2 soundtrack....

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Nice vid! :)

ACfan443
07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Reminds me of AC3's anvilnext trailer. I like the background track, it's an extended version of the combat music in Unity's single-player demo if I'm not mistaken.

m4r-k7
07-22-2014, 05:30 PM
Also there is a Eurogamer article with a bit of new info - http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-unity-a-return-to-100-land-based-gameplay-it-s-about-time

"Like we saw with Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity players will be able to upgrade various skills and weapons throughout the game. The in-game map is now a 3D monster, providing an interesting new top-down view of an Assassin's Creed world.

Certain bombs, like cherry bombs, are back in Assassin’s Creed Unity, but the crafting system we saw in Revelations isn’t coming back. Bombs will simply be collected as is."

prince162010
07-22-2014, 05:32 PM
Also there is a Eurogamer article with a bit of new info - http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-unity-a-return-to-100-land-based-gameplay-it-s-about-time

"Like we saw with Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity players will be able to upgrade various skills and weapons throughout the game. The in-game map is now a 3D monster, providing an interesting new top-down view of an Assassin's Creed world.

Certain bombs, like cherry bombs, are back in Assassin’s Creed Unity, but the crafting system we saw in Revelations isn’t coming back. Bombs will simply be collected as is."

Thanks for informing us

Sushiglutton
07-22-2014, 05:37 PM
There's an insane amount of aliasing/flickering in the footage so far. Could someone please say something to make me less worried!

ACfan443
07-22-2014, 05:37 PM
High quality Gamersyde version
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ac_unity_tech_trailer-15604_en.html

There's an insane amount of aliasing in the footage so far. Could someone please say something to make me less worried!

Does 'Alpha' cut it?

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 05:39 PM
gamersyde only has it in french

Reptilis91
07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Listen the first notes after Ubisoft's logo, it's Ezio's Family melody.

Sushiglutton
07-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Mostly recycled footage, but still cool :)! Notre Dame looks sick!

ACfan443
07-22-2014, 05:41 PM
gamersyde only has it in french

They'll upload the English version eventually.

EDIT: It's up.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 05:47 PM
thanks man, i'll download it now

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Wow...the trailer looks awesome but that soundtrack though? gave me goosebumps...reminds me of the AC2 soundtrack....
I do hear a strings instrument doing the vocals of the Ezio theme. Wonder if that's prevalent through out that score or if it was simply an homage in that track. Frankly, I hope it's the latter, as that was the Ezio theme, not the AC theme. But if they're doing homages I think an AC3 one would be cool as well, I loved main theme of AC3. (loved all of AC's scores except for AC1)

Sushiglutton
07-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Does 'Alpha' cut it?

The ol' alpha ploy. Yeah I suppose it's better than nothing :). Still strange they didn't apply some post processing for their demo. Oh well, won't know for sure anyway until I play AC:U on my PC and see how well it can handle the game.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:05 PM
To be fair, the game will still be fun and enjoyable even if there are some graphical glitches.

At least, that's how I personally feel about all the AC games.

harsab
07-22-2014, 06:15 PM
btw guys Gamestop tweeted this an hour ago

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/491613907321364481

maybe it's the reveal of AC Comet tomorrow? hmmm...

JustPlainQuirky
07-22-2014, 06:16 PM
btw guys gamestop tweeted this an hour ago

https://twitter.com/gamestop/status/491613907321364481

maybe it's the reveal of ac comet tomorrow? Hmmm...

omigosh omigosh omigosh pleas be comet and not some comic or other game pls q-q

But if that is real than that looks like a hood which means no Shay templar game :(

ACfan443
07-22-2014, 06:22 PM
They will never stop crowbarring in the Ezio theme will they? *sigh*

If they want to surpass AC2 they should stop kissing its feet.

What? It's either very subtly paying homage or purely coincidental. And what do you mean by "they'll never stop crowbarring Ezio's theme"? It was only ever used in AC2 and ACB.

JustPlainQuirky
07-22-2014, 06:24 PM
deleted post. I swore i thought i heard the melody of the auditore family in AC3. I must be crazy.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 06:25 PM

I thought the same thing!

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:27 PM

looks more like Red Hood from Batman with 2 silenced pistols

What? It's either very subtly paying homage or purely coincidental. And what do you mean by "they'll never stop crowbarring Ezio's theme"? It was only ever used in AC2 and ACB.
and ACR. It was in vocals but it was in ACR

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-22-2014, 06:29 PM

omg omg omg, is that...... Connor's stance? AHHHH!!! Must.. not.... hype... too much!!

JustPlainQuirky
07-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Not Connor yo.

We don't even know if it's AC related.

But that's def not colonial era if it is AC.

I mean looks like the dude is wearing a furry white coat or something like Nikolai and a red hood.

Watch us hype this up and get disappointed.

ACfan443
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
looks more like Red Hood from Batman with 2 silenced pistols

and ACR. It was in vocals but it was in ACR

You referring to the main theme? If so, then there definitely wasn't a variation. And considering Balfe admitted that he hadn't listened to the previous AC soundtracks, I don't see that being possible.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
maybe it's Mass Effect

ze_topazio
07-22-2014, 06:38 PM

That does look like the silhouette of an Assassin.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:39 PM
it looks futuristic though

*holding on to aveline/connor*

Kirokill
07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
I love the soundtrack.
The combat part looks a bit choppy, in terms of the parrying when attacking at the same time, however this is also shows that enemies won't wait for you to kill them turn by turn.

prince162010
07-22-2014, 06:43 PM

I dunno, but I'm sure it's AC Comet :rolleyes: , something tells me he is Connor !

AherasSTRG
07-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Best trailer until now imo. I particularly loved the slide over obstacle mechanic shown near the end of the video.

However, if they go with 30 fps in the end, I will have to say that 30 fps is not next-gen. I don't care what they do on consoles, so long as they optimise it properly for the PC. Another Watch Dogs and I am out the door.

harsab
07-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Many people are saying it's Red Hood from Arkham Knight...i'm starting to think it is, hope i'm wrong though. Something tells me it's an assassin.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Quick, someone get some editing done on the photo and make it clearer!!

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:58 PM
Best trailer until now imo. I particularly loved the slide over obstacle mechanic shown near the end of the video.

However, if they go with 30 fps in the end, I will have to say that 30 fps is not next-gen. I don't care what they do on consoles, so long as they optimise it properly for the PC. Another Watch Dogs and I am out the door.
30 FPS is perfectly acceptable IMO. I play on a PC.

JustPlainQuirky
07-22-2014, 06:58 PM
http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/55000/54734-1.jpg

Ah shoot yeah that's probably red hood. Hype deflated :(

Ubi would never have gamestop announce their game anyway...

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Quick, someone get some editing done on the photo and make it clearer!!
you realize that's not how pictures work right?

CSI is a lie.

harsab
07-22-2014, 07:01 PM
if you keep blinking your eyes fast and look at the photo it looks a lot more clearer...still can't tell properly though lol

Sushiglutton
07-22-2014, 07:05 PM

Why would it be less next-gen to use the system resources on scale/density/lighting, rather than a high framerate?

AherasSTRG
07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
30 FPS is perfectly acceptable IMO. I play on a PC.

Depends on the resolution. 30 fps cannot support 1080p+ in fast action games or first person games.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/55000/54734-1.jpg

Ah shoot yeah that's probably red hood. Hype deflated :(

Ubi would never have gamestop announce their game anyway...

Thank goodness my hype didn't go crazy lol

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
tomorrow is national batman day

totally Red hood

AherasSTRG
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Why would it be less next-gen to use the system resources on scale/density/lighting, rather than a high framerate?

Because it is much easier to enhance graphical options than to actually make a graphical application run smoother. Next-gen is supposed to stay in the frontlines for at least 6 more years. If the industry is to make something out of these 6 years, that is creating new standards for the production of video games, not keep hiding behind flashy lights and marketing tricks.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Depends on the resolution. 30 fps cannot support 1080p+ in fast action games or first person games.
my monitor's max resolution is 1680 x 1050

tbh, I'd much rather have enhanced graphics rather than 60 FPS.

Sushiglutton
07-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Because it is much easier to enhance graphical options than to actually make a graphical application run smoother. Next-gen is supposed to stay in the frontlines for at least 6 more years. If the industry is to make something out of these 6 years, that is creating new standards for the production of video games, not keep hiding behind flashy lights and marketing tricks.

Making games that runs at 60fps is not hard per se. For example Child Of Light runs at 60fps on both next gen platforms. It's a matter of priorities. For AC:Unity they have focused on other things, which is fine imo. Crowds with thousands of NPCs, 1:1 scale buildings and seamless interiors. Of course those things take a lot of system resources. And these features are very much real, don't think they can be called "flashy lights and marketing tricks".

AC:U is imo much more "next-gen" than Child of Light even though the latter runs at 60fps.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 07:24 PM
It's not Red Hood
It's not an Assassin

It's a Knight of the Sacred Order of St. Dumas

It's Azrael
http://worldofblackheroes.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/arkam-city-azrael2.jpg

AherasSTRG
07-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Making games that runs at 60fps is not hard per se. For example Child Of Light runs at 60fps on both next gen platforms. It's a matter of priorities. For AC:Unity they have focused on other things, which is fine imo. Crowds with thousands of NPCs, 1:1 scale buildings and seamless interiors. Of course those things take a lot of system resources. And these features are very much real, don't think they can be called "flashy lights and marketing tricks".

AC:U is imo much more "next-gen" than Child of Light even though the latter runs at 60fps.

Child of Light is not even a AAA production.

I 'm not saying "drop everything for 60 fps". I am saying that big crowds, big maps, interiors, all these do not constitute production values, nor do they set new standards for the industry.

Anyway, lol, this is not the subject of the thread. It's all up to the companies working on the games and no sole or collective voice is going to change their bussiness plans *shrug*.

I believe Comet will be announced in Gamescom. Otherwise, after Unity has been released.

Xstantin
07-22-2014, 07:49 PM
I 'm not saying "drop everything for 60 fps". I am saying that big crowds, big maps, interiors, all these do not constitute production values, nor do they set new standards for the industry.

AC marketing is almost always about bigger crowds thought, same for "living, breathing world" or however Ubi defines it. Frankly speaking, I don't remember them bringing up FPS ever. I guess their next-gen priorities are different.

Jexx21
07-22-2014, 07:53 PM
they recently said they're shooting for 1080p, 60fps on next get consoles

Assassin_M
07-22-2014, 07:54 PM
I am saying that big crowds, big maps, interiors, all these do not constitute production values, nor do they set new standards for the industry.
They actually do. The implementation of the huge number of crowds properly (i.e with the least amount of render problems), making them responsive and interactive is a hefty task, to really take that out of production value would be an insult.

Everything you mentioned costs a large amount of production value, you're basically saying that if an engine is powerful enough to render a huge map like Paris AND the interiors without a single loading screen, then that really does not go to production value, yes it does.

and as for FPS, the priority during the development of a game is ALWAYS performance, especially for consoles and it's always been that way.

pacmanate
07-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Wasnt this in the part 2 of the IGN series

SixKeys
07-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Even the Gamersyde video looks awful. So much flickering and bad aliasing.

2:18

"But beware: even non-player characters have minds of their own, and may not behave as you expect them to."

Business as usual in AC then. :rolleyes:

TGPomy9795
07-23-2014, 03:48 AM
Even the Gamersyde video looks awful. So much flickering and bad aliasing.

2:18

"But beware: even non-player characters have minds of their own, and may not behave as you expect them to."

I'm sure the game will look just fine. Black Flag looks fantastic, so why shouldn't this one? Aren't more teams working on this one as well?

SixKeys
07-23-2014, 03:53 AM
I'm sure the game will look just fine. Black Flag looks fantastic, so why shouldn't this one? Aren't more teams working on this one as well?

I'm sure the final game will look fine. There's some clips from E3 demo that look terrible due to the compression used in this trailer, and we know the demo looks great when properly compressed. I'm just saying it's such a badly compressed video it makes even the good stuff look bad.

HDinHB
07-23-2014, 04:05 AM

Ha! But if we expect them to behave in ways we don't expect, and now they are designed to behave in ways we don't expect, does that mean they will behave in ways we do expect?

LoyalACFan
07-23-2014, 05:41 AM
FINALLY a bit of proper combat footage. The parry animations look a little clunky, but that was pretty early footage so I'm not too worried. Looks cool overall.

Oh, and mark my words, the Gamestop thing is going to be their preorder bonus for Arkham Knight; challenge maps for either Azrael or Red Hood (hard to say which since we don't know what Arkhamverse Red Hood looks like).

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 05:46 AM
it was Red Hood

LoyalACFan
07-23-2014, 06:01 AM
it was Red Hood

I'll have to take your word for it, the tweet seems to have been deleted or something. The link doesn't work.

I don't know anything about Twitter so I can't diagnose what's actually happening :nonchalance:

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:02 AM
Damn that combat was pretty cool.

SixKeys
07-23-2014, 08:24 AM
I don't know, to me it still looks like the guards are just waiting for their turn. They may attack slightly faster, but never two at a time like you would expect in RL.

LoyalACFan
07-23-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't know, to me it still looks like the guards are just waiting for their turn. They may attack slightly faster, but never two at a time like you would expect in RL.

To be fair we've only seen him fight more than two opponents for a very brief moment in the testing phase. The in-game combat they showed started when he was killing a guy, with only one other left alive to attack.

king-hailz
07-23-2014, 10:55 AM

Yeah the beginning bit was like AC2 which I liked..m but the rest sounded exactly like AC4. If I remember their are 3 people doing the soundtrack and there was a woman who did it in AC4. I think it's her... yeah I'd rather she goes if she makes every soundtrack sound exactly the same...

Farlander1991
07-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah the beginning bit was like AC2 which I liked..m but the rest sounded exactly like AC4. If I remember their are 3 people doing the soundtrack and there was a woman who did it in AC4. I think it's her... yeah I'd rather she goes if she makes every soundtrack sound exactly the same...

So, if the music is going to sound exactly the same as AC2 you're fine with it, but if it sounds exactly the same as AC4 (which, btw, it doesn't ;) ) you're not fine with it? :D :p

GoldenBoy9999
07-23-2014, 11:42 AM
Oh, I thought they were just replaying the music from the older titles for nostalgia's sake and not actually the main song. I couldn't tell the difference. I guess they do all sound a bit similar.

roostersrule2
07-23-2014, 12:31 PM
So, if the music is going to sound exactly the same as AC2 you're fine with it, but if it sounds exactly the same as AC4 (which, btw, it doesn't ;) ) you're not fine with it? :D :pPerhaps it's because he likes AC2's but not AC4's. I actually thought it sounded like the TDK Trilogies main theme with a Spanish guitar. As always though I think the OST will be great, AC has yet to dissapoint in this aspect amd I doubt Unity will be the first to do so.

A good trailer, I like the part where it shows the filters being added, it goes from a moving painting to an almost photorealistic world.

MasterAssasin84
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Enjoy ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esHd9JlpR2Q

4:46

This game looks truly amazing the fact that the Notre Dam was created on a 1.1 scale is an example of the magnitude this game is going to exhale .

I am very excited about the combat system and the fact that during battle it will require your skill and anticipation rather than the contextual dodge counter then attack we have been experiencing in AC3 and Black Flag .

Don't get me Wrong AC3 was a massive step up from previous Assassins Creed games but Unity is a giant leap forward. Paris looks in my opinion simply beautiful ! the detail and the scale of the streets and buildings are awe inspiring.

I am very excited about Arno as an Assassin IMO he was what this series has been needing for a long time .

JustPlainQuirky
07-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Not sure if big Unity news but here's an img teasing the animated unity clip from comic con. apparently the images behind arno are from the clip.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/acu_poster_angryblue_seps-720x960.jpg

Given the comic book-esque style, the animation will likely be choppy.

pacmanate
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Not sure if big Unity news but here's an img teasing the animated unity clip from comic con. apparently the images behind arno are from the clip.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/07/acu_poster_angryblue_seps-720x960.jpg

Given the comic book-esque style, the animation will likely be choppy.

Orrr thats just how they wanted the poster to look

JustPlainQuirky
07-23-2014, 03:23 PM
in the IGN article it says the BG stain glass parts w/ the faces are directly taken from the clip or whatever. Those images look very detailed and comic-book-y. Would take a long time to animate to that level of detail. So I think the animation will have a bit choppier style than flow-y. But we'll see.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 05:25 PM

Brian Tyler composed AC4's soundtrack. He's a man. He's not working on AC Unity.

ACfan443
07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Brian Tyler composed AC4's soundtrack. He's a man. He's not working on AC Unity.

Sarah Schachner composed a portion of AC4's soundtrack but wasn't credited for it, notable tracks include Pyrates Beware and Under the Black Flag. I can definitely hear a subtle piratey/AC4 influence carried forward in some of Unity's music, particularly here.

http://youtu.be/2t1Pt_hCFt0

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Well, if we have tracks inspired by AC2 and AC4, I hope we have a track inspired by Lorne Balfe's AC3 theme (and ACR theme).