PDA

View Full Version : IL2 FB Views

Scen
09-23-2003, 04:02 AM
I'm currently running IL2 FB 1.11 with a Cougar Hotas setup with just the DX support. I find that most of the cougar files out there map too many things that just aren't needed. Shift this shift that no thanks. Just keep it simple stupid I say.

I'm curious how people are using their cougars for viewing purposes. As you know there are many different servers out their offering various view settings but I want to know how I can improve SA and use the Cougar better. Thoughts?

I basically have my views setup with the hat and I use Padlock with look forward when ever possible. But I find that slewing around with the hat gets a little cumbersome at times and I would like to know if people are using the microstick or is TrackIR the answer etc.

I'm getting back into IL2 and I would like to get better. I play quite a bit online and there are moments that the views could really help out.

I'm open to suggestion by you senior IL2 Vets.

Scendore out

Scen
09-23-2003, 04:02 AM
I'm currently running IL2 FB 1.11 with a Cougar Hotas setup with just the DX support. I find that most of the cougar files out there map too many things that just aren't needed. Shift this shift that no thanks. Just keep it simple stupid I say.

I'm curious how people are using their cougars for viewing purposes. As you know there are many different servers out their offering various view settings but I want to know how I can improve SA and use the Cougar better. Thoughts?

I basically have my views setup with the hat and I use Padlock with look forward when ever possible. But I find that slewing around with the hat gets a little cumbersome at times and I would like to know if people are using the microstick or is TrackIR the answer etc.

I'm getting back into IL2 and I would like to get better. I play quite a bit online and there are moments that the views could really help out.

I'm open to suggestion by you senior IL2 Vets.

Scendore out

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 06:59 AM
What's a Cougar without a TrackIR? If you don't know what a TrackIR is, then check out www.trackir.com (http://www.trackir.com). If it's too expensive for you (it is rather pricey) try NewView... I've heard that it's a bit of alright.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Forums!
-Accept Follow-on Patches and stuff!
-Take the Fight Online!