PDA

View Full Version : ACIV:BF Community Events Schedule

Black_Widow9
07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Assassins!

The final Community Events Schedule is here! We wanted to make sure that everyone has a chance to get any remaining rewards that you haven't already. Please take this final chance to get any and all of the AC IV Community Events that you may have missed.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/superstartawni/EventCalendar_2014_FINAL_zpseaad7060.jpg (http://s82.photobucket.com/user/superstartawni/media/EventCalendar_2014_FINAL_zpseaad7060.jpg.html)

*All Events begin at 08:00 GMT and run 47:55 hours*
*By "assassinate enemies" it means any enemies outside of combat without being detected.*

7/28 – 7/30: Explorer’s Outfit – Assassinate Enemies
7/30 – 8/1: El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Sink Manowar
8/1 – 8/3: Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Plunder Warehouse
8/3 – 8/5: Black & Red Sails – Hunt Animals
8/5 – 8/7: Persian Scimitars – Kill With Pistols
8/7 – 8/9: El Impoluto’s Wheel – Plunder Ships
8/9 – 8/11: Explorer’s Outfit
8/11 – 8/13: El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Assassinate Enemies
8/13 – 8/15: Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Assassinate Enemies
8/15 – 8/17: Black & Red Sails – Assassinate Enemies
8/17 – 8/19: Persian Scimitars – Assassinate Enemies
8/19 – 8/21: El Impoluto’s Wheel – Assassinate Enemies

Have fun!

Locopells
07-22-2014, 12:26 AM
What happens if you can't play?

Black_Widow9
07-22-2014, 01:32 AM
What happens if you can't play?
This is the final shot so if there's one you've missed you need to make sure you are playing. ;)

Ureh
07-22-2014, 04:20 AM
Yay! Thanks to everyone that made this happen. :)

Secu12
07-22-2014, 10:18 AM
I don't remeber playing this challanges before.
It says as objective: assassinate enemies. Which enemies: guards, targets during main missions, other NPCs? And most important: how many kills?
During a day, we can play at any hour for how long we want?

Black_Widow9
07-23-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't remeber playing this challanges before.
It says as objective: assassinate enemies. Which enemies: guards, targets during main missions, other NPCs? And most important: how many kills?
During a day, we can play at any hour for how long we want?
By "assassinate enemies" it means any enemies outside of combat without being detected.

I don't have the exact number for the completion of the Challenges but is low so that everyone can get them in the time allotted. When you play it should say the exact number for that challenge. ;)

Secu12
07-23-2014, 05:33 AM
By "assassinate enemies" it means any enemies outside of combat without being detected.

I don't have the exact number for the completion of the Challenges but is low so that everyone can get them in the time allotted. When you play it should say the exact number for that challenge. ;)

Thank you very much!

L.E. Social events will still be available?

Black_Widow9
07-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Thank you very much!

L.E. Social events will still be available?
Yes. ;)

Also there were a few discrepancies between the Schedule and the text. The picture now reflects the text.

Be94mercy
07-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Why can't you guys just put this on a monthly/weekly rotation? :confused:
It seems kind of stupid to add a community mission to unlock certain items, and then just remove the missions...
I had recently been taking a break from AC 4 but I just came back a couple of weeks ago. When I later on checked how to get the Black/White sails and realized it was impossible to get it, I got quite upset because it wouldn't feel like I had completed the game 100% when there are things left to unlock.

tl;dr Pls set these missions on a weekly/monthly rotation.

Swarna2010
07-29-2014, 06:42 AM
Can anyone please provide me the AC4BFSP.exe and AC4BFMP.exe files, after updating the game to version 1.07 (update 7).

Ezstrox
07-29-2014, 02:26 PM
What's going on? I assassinated enemies but my Community Event thing is still greyed out. Is the challenge even for PC or what? I'd like to see a ticker at the very least so I know it's going on and that I've done my part. I don't want to miss out because I didn't know about a certain detail.

Lantrozous
07-30-2014, 03:57 AM
This opportunity is much appreciated, but I really wish you folks at Ubisoft would simply put these events on a continuous rotation like this. From what I've gathered speaking to support reps, you can only unlock the community rewards on one save per event, which means my friends, who share my console profile, don't even get a chance at it. Would it really be that difficult?

Black_Widow9
07-30-2014, 04:16 AM
What's going on? I assassinated enemies but my Community Event thing is still greyed out. Is the challenge even for PC or what? I'd like to see a ticker at the very least so I know it's going on and that I've done my part. I don't want to miss out because I didn't know about a certain detail.
You should have it after that particular Event is over if you've completed the challenge. If you still don't see it afterwards, please let us know!

xYnazz
07-30-2014, 07:11 AM

Have you completed Sequence 2? Otherwise the events will not get unlocked. I bought the game on PC just for the Multiplayer, but wanted to have the chance to 100% my SP games, that's why I found this out.

Ezstrox
07-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Have you completed Sequence 2? Otherwise the events will not get unlocked. I bought the game on PC just for the Multiplayer, but wanted to have the chance to 100% my SP games, that's why I found this out.

This was the answer. It was available after I completed Sequence 2. This info should be displayed somewhere imo. I imagine many people were confused about it as I was.

While I'm posting here, what's an easy way to take down a Manowar (for the next challenge)? I just started Sequence 3 so my Jackdaw is barely upgraded. Can I still take one down with ease?

Secu12
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
To take out a manowar I strongly recommend to have the mortar and upgrade it. For this, advance more in the game (at least until sequence 6).

Ureh
07-31-2014, 03:53 AM
I think the easiest man o war to take down would be the one in Sequence 8 Memory 1. But even then you'll still want at least tier 2 upgrades.

Be94mercy
07-31-2014, 11:40 AM
So, what should I do if I did take down a Man Of War, but it didn't count? It still tells me to take down 0/1 MoW's...

Before I saw this post about the community challenges last arrival I only had 1 MoW left, but now when I sunk it ( it was El Impoluto btw) I don't have any more sinkable MoW's and I appareantly didn't take it down...

I'm rly confused! The MoW-takedown did count in my progress-tracker, but not in the community challenge. Am I ****ed now? Or is there a way to claim the figurehead in some other way? Should I send a ticket to the support?

Pls help me out on this one :confused:

Ureh
08-01-2014, 03:11 AM
@Be94mercy

You can sink any MoW (even the generic ones in the Charlotte, Serranilla, etc) . Sinking El Impoluto is not required to complete this community challenge. I'm not sure Impoluto even counts towards this challenge. Also make sure to sink the MoW straight away, don't board it.

Be94mercy
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
@Be94mercy

You can sink any MoW (even the generic ones in the Charlotte, Serranilla, etc) . Sinking El Impoluto is not required to complete this community challenge. I'm not sure Impoluto even counts towards this challenge. Also make sure to sink the MoW straight away, don't board it.

Ty! Didn't realize that there were other Man of Wars ^^ I guess I got too caught up in the legendary ships >.<

When you say "sink the MoW straight away" do you mean that it won't count if I add it to my fleet, or by just boarding it?
Once again Thank You :D

Ureh
08-01-2014, 10:56 PM
@Be94mercy

It won't count if you try to use the MoW to repair the Jackdaw, lower your wanted level or bolster your fleet.

Secu12
08-05-2014, 05:34 AM
I think the rewards are written wrong because on August 3rd I received the Persian Scimitars sword set. I guess today I will get Black & Red Sails.

Locopells
08-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Well, I got the Persian Scimitars today...

Artie_M
08-08-2014, 01:47 PM
So, I've plundered several ships and yet the game won't register it. Am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: Never mind, apparently I had to repair the Jackdaw to make it count.

johnnysebre
08-10-2014, 04:19 PM
I recently started a new playthrough, and just got the Jackdaw. I can see the current community challenge for Assassinate 2 enemies, I am at 8/1 participation, but I cannot see my reward anywhere (cannot use the explorer's outfit at least). Am I screwed for this current challenge?

EDIT: I did completed the community challenges with my first playthrough, and once I got far enough in the game to actually see the current challenge, closed the game and reloaded it, ALL the rewards I had unlocked on my first playthrough were now available!

xelon99
08-12-2014, 05:15 PM
So just to be clear. If you miss out on any of these Community Challenges for lets say... just getting back from a holiday... you wont have any chance ever again to get them?
Wouldn't it be easier to keep the Community Challenges running every week or weekend and rotate them every week? This way even new players have a chance to get everything.

Locopells
08-12-2014, 11:56 PM
I don't know the technical reasons, but apparently they don't work like that. So yeah, last and final chance, unless a patch or suchlike is released...

Anykeyer
08-13-2014, 06:43 AM
I think its really really dumb. Those rewards always appear in lists (unlike most others exclusives) greyed out. They should not be locked like this. I think its time to just make them automatically unlocked in every game. Those weapons arent very powerfull or game breaking but they count againts total stuff owned and its stupid if someone cant get 100% just because he's late or didnt stalk forums/news.
I dont know if they even carry over to new games/sessions on the same account (I heard they dont). I have everything in one game but its kinda useless bc there is simply nothing left to do. What if I to remove my saves and start over? Will I keep those rewards?

Be94mercy
08-13-2014, 09:06 AM
I think they need to balance the challenge depending on how many players that are active. Like, how many ships the community need to plunder, so that if only 6 ppl are actively playing AC4 the challenge won't require you to sink 58 Man of War's.
But in my opinion they should be able to launch these challenges at least once every month.

Blutdienst
08-16-2014, 05:57 PM
If i wouldn't have had a look at the english forum by chance, I'd never have known this. Not a single word anywhere else, neither in the german forum nor in the game itself. I played the whole week and finished every single community event, but still didn't get the explorer's outfit and the captain's wheellock pistols...

s1mpl3_0n3
08-24-2014, 02:06 AM
This is really ret*rded. I understand that you dont want to maintain servers for this kind of things especially when you have 2 new games coming, but at least dont f*ck the guys who bought the game a bit later. Unlock this content so we can all get 100%.

kilohansel
09-19-2014, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I participated in the community challenges (really wanted that Explorer's Outfit), but it doesn't seem to have registered. Have I lost my shot at it forever?

Cappe87
11-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Are there never going to be community challenges again?
I got all but 1 of the rewards and its the one i wanted the most (El impoluto's figurehead).
If there will never be any more challenges, can there at least be other ways provided to obtain the rewards?

The_Bear-WPL
03-02-2015, 01:21 AM
Would be there more challanges? I really want that explorers outfit!

jeffies04
03-02-2015, 01:23 AM
Pretty sure they're done making challenges for ACIV... they posted that the last few were happening sometime last year.

The_Bear-WPL
03-02-2015, 03:07 AM
Are there any plans for exclude the content from that crappy challanges to normal game?

dei.machiavelli
03-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Add your voice to this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges

I doubt that they really care, but it's still better to at least try and protest - nothing to lose ^^

Klaabuke
02-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Add your voice to this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges

I doubt that they really care, but it's still better to at least try and protest - nothing to lose ^^

I asked my fathers layer, and he said that if you paid for the game and U can't play 100% form it (but some people had this opportunity to play 100%) then it is suitable case. Also when U bought this game and there was no information about that U cant play 100% then this is a good fact on You when suing ubisoft.