PDA

View Full Version : ACIV:BF Community Events Schedule

Black_Widow9
07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Assassins!

The final Community Events Schedule is here! We wanted to make sure that everyone has a chance to get any remaining rewards that you haven't already. Please take this final chance to get any and all of the AC IV Community Events that you may have missed.
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm//AC/Forums/CommunityEventCalendar_JulAug2014_zpsd7c30a83.PNG

*All Events begin at 08:00 GMT and run 47:55 hours*
*By "assassinate enemies" it means any enemies outside of combat without being detected.*

7/28 – 7/30: Explorer’s Outfit – Assassinate Enemies
7/30 – 8/1: El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Sink Manowar
8/1 – 8/3: Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Plunder Warehouse
8/3 – 8/5: Black & Red Sails – Hunt Animals
8/5 – 8/7: Persian Scimitars – Kill With Pistols
8/7 – 8/9: El Impoluto’s Wheel – Plunder Ships
8/9 – 8/11: Explorer’s Outfit
8/11 – 8/13: El Impoluto’s Figurehead – Assassinate Enemies
8/13 – 8/15: Captain’s Wheellock Pistols – Assassinate Enemies
8/15 – 8/17: Black & Red Sails – Assassinate Enemies
8/17 – 8/19: Persian Scimitars – Assassinate Enemies
8/19 – 8/21: El Impoluto’s Wheel – Assassinate Enemies

Have fun!

Sekuiya.
07-22-2014, 03:14 AM
Just to be sure, this is for every platform, including PC?

Ureh
07-22-2014, 04:26 AM
All the objectives are to assassinate enemies. What's the target number that we have to reach as a community?

Hopefully not in the millions like previous ones. :p

Farlander1991
07-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Can we get the schedule in text form, please? It doesn't load.

By the way, what does it mean, final? Everybody who buys the game after the events end won't be able to get the items ever? I don't think that's fair for a single player experience.

pacmanate
07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Why doesn't the objective just say:

"GO HAM!"

NothinButThRain
07-22-2014, 07:49 PM
I agree with Farlander1991. I don't understand what the harm/cost is to keep these rolling indefinitely??? Or at least another year+ or so. I travel a lot so I could be out of town for some of these. I think its pretty unfair. Also lame.

Sekuiya.
07-22-2014, 10:22 PM
There isn't exactly a reason, especially since they have a dedicated system that records everything you do ingame and sends over to them. So it's not like that AC4 is especially offline.
The only explanation would be that they have data that shows that the Community Events wouldn't be able to be completed on a regular basis, so they don't even bother activating them, unless they save them up for some special occasion, like this "final" one.

Still, don't see what the harm is in leaving them running, even if the community fails them. It's not like Ubi is to blame that the community failed, it's indeed the community fault for not sticking together day after day.

Though, if they leave them running, I would suggest week-long events, not 2-days events like these ones.

NothinButThRain
07-22-2014, 10:42 PM
LuigiPT - If they had data showing that, then they should just reduce the target number so that the challenge can be completed! If they see that only X number of people are playing and their 1,000,000 (e.g.) target number isn't being met, just reduce the target number! Seems easy to me.

This game has been out for less than a year and there are still plenty of people playing it! I can't think of a reason to stop the Community Challenges. Its not like these are real swords and sails and figureheads and Ubi has to shell out cash to buy them! They're digital!

I agree that 1- or 2-week long events would be better. I don't travel with my Xbox so I'll miss some of these!

Black_Widow9
07-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Just to be sure, this is for every platform, including PC?
Yes. ;)

All the objectives are to assassinate enemies. What's the target number that we have to reach as a community?

Hopefully not in the millions like previous ones. :p
I don't know the exact number but I do know it isn't high. This is the final list so they want everyone to be able to achieve them. ;)

Can we get the schedule in text form, please? It doesn't load.

By the way, what does it mean, final? Everybody who buys the game after the events end won't be able to get the items ever? I don't think that's fair for a single player experience.
I'll add the text below in case it doesn't load for you.

Final does mean final. This is the end schedule for the Community Events so if you don't have certain ones you need to make sure you're playing on the specific days. That's why the schedule was made so everyone has warning ahead of time.

Farlander1991
07-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the text schedule!

GT40i
07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
LuigiPT - If they had data showing that, then they should just reduce the target number so that the challenge can be completed! If they see that only X number of people are playing and their 1,000,000 (e.g.) target number isn't being met, just reduce the target number! Seems easy to me.

This game has been out for less than a year and there are still plenty of people playing it! I can't think of a reason to stop the Community Challenges. Its not like these are real swords and sails and figureheads and Ubi has to shell out cash to buy them! They're digital!

I agree that 1- or 2-week long events would be better. I don't travel with my Xbox so I'll miss some of these!

I completely agree with you.

They are still selling the Assassin's Creed Anthology, this obviously contains all of the previous games, which suggests they obvioulsy feel there is still money to made in selling older games. However, will future anthologies then not contain AC4 because new players will not be able to enjoy and complete the Community Challenges? Will all existing AC4 games be removed from the shelves on August 22nd 2014 and no longer be available for sale....anywhere, because new players will not be able to complete the game? Will the people that have been unable to complete the challenges get money back because they could not complete the game through no fault of their own? Was the schedule made for the customer, or Ubisoft? Is this not also the summer holiday season when many people are away on holiday from, on average 2 weeks, but also 4 or more weeks?

NothinButThRain
07-23-2014, 05:36 PM
@Black_Widow9: The tasks on the picture calendar don't match the tasks in the text list. I am assuming the text list is correct since its newer? (Everything is Assassinate in the image)

I don't know the exact number but I do know it isn't high.

I hope the number for plunder warehouses isn't too high. If you screw up and the warehouse is abandoned, it can take--in my experience--a few days for it to be open again, meaning you could miss out on this.

Locopells
07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Replaying the warehouse tutorial mission might fix that, possibly.

DerRichtende
07-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Thank you for this... I hope i will get my last reward this time!!!

Black_Widow9
07-25-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the discrepancies between the text and the Schedule pic. The Schedule now reflects the text which was correct. :D

ZiggaMan1
07-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Just to be clear, if the community as a whole misses the cumulative target for a certain event - no one will get the item? I know you claim the number isn't high but it could still be something that isn't easily accomplished in the time frame given. Or will it be whoever meets their individual contribution unlocks the item? That would make more sense to me if they wanted everyone to have a high chance of getting them all.

NothinButThRain
07-26-2014, 09:49 PM
ZiggaMan1: I believe its your first idea- if we as a community miss the cumulative target, then no one gets it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a cumulative target. If you just had to meet your individual quota, there would be no reason to set a cumulative target.

ThatDoughnut
07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I hope we complete them all this time, because this is the only chance I have to get those rewards. Some of them, especially the warehouse one should have pretty low numbers.

Morgan-GW
07-28-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm new to the whole Community Challenges thing, but after doing some searching I have three questions:

1) These are completed in SP, not MP, right?

2) How many of each action (assassination, plunder, etc.) does each person need to do in order to get the reward (assuming the community target is met)?

3) Again checking to see is my google-fu was right: Do these show up on the leader board in-game?

Thanks for answering newbie questions :).

ZiggaMan1
07-28-2014, 01:32 AM
ZiggaMan1: I believe its your first idea- if we as a community miss the cumulative target, then no one gets it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a cumulative target. If you just had to meet your individual quota, there would be no reason to set a cumulative target.

That's what I'm afraid of. They should've just changed it to anyone who "participates" unlocks the items whether the goal is met or not. I mean they did say they wanted as many people as possible to be able to get them. I understand they want these to be some sort of challenge but they could easily increase the individual goal from the normal amounts. Well I guess it's still plenty of opportunity to get everything since the items are being recycled every 2 days. I just wonder if their definition of "low" numbers for the quotas is actually realistically attainable - I know many previously were not. Some of the lowest passed the 46% mark. I wonder if them ceasing these events will also affect the blue community events like the white whales, chests and convoys? Will they end too?

GoldenBoy9999
07-28-2014, 05:09 AM
I'm new to the whole Community Challenges thing, but after doing some searching I have three questions:

2) How many of each action (assassination, plunder, etc.) does each person need to do in order to get the reward (assuming the community target is met)?

3) Again checking to see is my google-fu was right: Do these show up on the leader board in-game?

1. Yes SP not MP.

2. I've done a few and it depends on the objective. I know one time it said sink ships and the max you could contribute towards the goal was 5.

3. Yes, it says the goal, your contribution and the total % complete.

Locopells
07-28-2014, 08:48 AM

1) Yes

2) Not sure, but usually something like 5.

3) I think so

Ureh
07-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Looks like they made it really easy to obtain the Explorer outfit. I only needed to assassinate two guards and the outfit unlocked afterwards.

NothinButThRain
07-28-2014, 01:38 PM
Looks like they made it really easy to obtain the Explorer outfit. I only needed to assassinate two guards and the outfit unlocked afterwards.
Yep. The aggregate target had already been met by the time I even logged on, so I just assassinated the first two dudes I found in Kingston and the outfit unlocked.

Morgan-GW
07-28-2014, 06:48 PM
Looks like they made it really easy to obtain the Explorer outfit. I only needed to assassinate two guards and the outfit unlocked afterwards.Even easier: The text said to assassinate two, but the outfit unlocked after just one (and showed my progress as "1/1").

Seriously, it they're going to make it that easy, they should just put the stuff in a chest for everyone. :cool:

Ureh
07-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Can't wait to get the Persian Scimitars.... those look awesome.

creamofpayne
07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Dumb request alert: Can anyone confirm that this is a cycle of 6 items that repeats once? Meaning if I complete all of the challenges through 8/9 and do nothing else I will have all the community items? (assuming the goal is met)

My eyes are messing with me so better safe than sorry.

EDIT: One more question,

Will community events such as the white whale and royal convoys happen indefinitely? Or is this the end of *community* events/challenges in general? All I'm missing is 1 more royal convoy.

Locopells
07-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes to both. They're basically doing two cycles of the challenges to make sure everyone gets them.

The whales etc, are generated by the game, however, so should carry one.

CSlucher818
07-28-2014, 10:03 PM
I have a question that I hope somebody can help me out with. Can you only complete the challenges on one game save. I have 3 saves and I was hoping to complete the challenges on all three saves but it only gave me the reward on the first save that I complete the challenge on

Locopells
07-28-2014, 10:05 PM
For me, it works for all saves.

CSlucher818
07-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Did it automatically give you the reward on every save or are you supposed to wait for the challenge to end? It gave me the explorers outfit on the first save I complete the challenge on then nothing on the other two. Could it be because the challenge has already been complete by the community? Thanks

simclyde
07-29-2014, 12:20 AM
yes. ;)

i don't know the exact number but i do know it isn't high. This is the final list so they want everyone to be able to achieve them. ;)

i'll add the text below in case it doesn't load for you.

Final does mean final. This is the end schedule for the community events so if you don't have certain ones you need to make sure you're playing on the specific days. That's why the schedule was made so everyone has warning ahead of time.

tysm :)

ZiggaMan1
07-29-2014, 02:50 AM
Ahahahahahaha YES! Well that was easy - got it soon as I loaded and spawned. A lone guard was right in front of me and then I snuffed him. Next thing you know I get the unlock notification. Thanks again Ubi and black_widow9, this kind of challenge quota was exactly what I was hoping for! I wonder what the cumulative target was? Looked like it was at 100% straight from the get go. I hope the other ones are just as easy.

Did it automatically give you the reward on every save or are you supposed to wait for the challenge to end? It gave me the explorers outfit on the first save I complete the challenge on then nothing on the other two. Could it be because the challenge has already been complete by the community? Thanks

You have to load up each save and do an assassination on each one if you want the outfit for slots 2 & 3. The saves store stat progression separately from one another.

ZiggaMan1
07-29-2014, 02:56 AM
Even easier: The text said to assassinate two, but the outfit unlocked after just one (and showed my progress as "1/1").

Seriously, it they're going to make it that easy, they should just put the stuff in a chest for everyone. :cool:

Well at least we got some sort of a "challenge" either way. You had to at least press some buttons beyond just logging in and playing the game. No matter how easy they make it there will be moaners (I was potentially going to be one of them if the total quota was in my opinion kinda high). I bet you in about a month we'll start seeing posts from guys who haven't logged on in forever whining about how they aren't holding anymore events.

Ureh
07-29-2014, 03:52 AM
I wonder what the cumulative target was? Looked like it was at 100% straight from the get go. I hope the other ones are just as easy.

I was actually playing around the time the challenge went up. By then it was only asking for 1 kill. So either the cumulative target was really really low or there was no target number this time.

Morgan-GW
07-29-2014, 09:39 PM
Well at least we got some sort of a "challenge" either way. You had to at least press some buttons beyond just logging in and playing the game. No matter how easy they make it there will be moaners (I was potentially going to be one of them if the total quota was in my opinion kinda high). I bet you in about a month we'll start seeing posts from guys who haven't logged on in forever whining about how they aren't holding anymore events.As opposed to the arguably legitimate future moans from people who bought the game after mid-August who will never have the chance to compete their collections ;-).

creamofpayne
07-30-2014, 05:37 PM
As opposed to the arguably legitimate future moans from people who bought the game after mid-August who will never have the chance to compete their collections ;-).

I'm with this guy. I don't think it's ridiculous if someone moans that they didn't get an item. The game hasn't been out for a year, and these things are not that hard to host. At the least, all of the community event items should be put up for sale for a few $$. I personally don't think it's right that some people will never be able to complete their collections.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys,

Its not a simple 'switch' the team have to switch to leave it going - that's why it's took some time to get this last set of unlocks going.

Unfortunately, the time will come when it's no longer possible to get these items, however they are not needed to complete the title, so are a bonus - the team can't keep repeating them, due to the resources needed to schedule them, so if you miss out again, I'm sorry but it's highly unlikely they will do them again.

The way these are rewarded - means they have to be earned, they can't just be 'unlocked' or issued as DLC - at the moment - if that changes, we will let you know, however it's unlikely - so if you know someone who is thinking about getting the game and needs these, best warn them now ;)

Konzti
07-30-2014, 10:34 PM
You have to load up each save and do an assassination on each one if you want the outfit for slots 2 & 3. The saves store stat progression separately from one another.

So if I have all community challenge rewards unlocked for save game slot 1, and then delte aforementioned slot to start a new game, will the rewards still be available for the new (slot 1) save game?

Ureh
07-31-2014, 04:54 AM
@Konzti
I've never tried that myself but I bet the rewards will remain unlocked if you were to delete slot 1 then create a new one. I'm basing this on Kenway's Fleet in which the exclusive rewards, like the Elite Fire Barrels, will carry over to a new save file. So I'm guessing the community challenge rewards will also stay (but you might have to log-in to your uplay account at least once when you start the new file).

I'm really tempted to delete my old save file just to be sure. :p

SixKeys
07-31-2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Guys,

Its not a simple 'switch' the team have to switch to leave it going - that's why it's took some time to get this last set of unlocks going.

Unfortunately, the time will come when it's no longer possible to get these items, however they are not needed to complete the title, so are a bonus - the team can't keep repeating them, due to the resources needed to schedule them, so if you miss out again, I'm sorry but it's highly unlikely they will do them again.

The way these are rewarded - means they have to be earned, they can't just be 'unlocked' or issued as DLC - at the moment - if that changes, we will let you know, however it's unlikely - so if you know someone who is thinking about getting the game and needs these, best warn them now ;)

This is why I hope they never do these community challenges again. It's really not fair to people who buy the game one or two years down the road, not to mention people with unstable internet connections.

xirdef
07-31-2014, 08:58 AM
I have sunk 12 Man o' Wars today and El Impoluto's figurehead does not unlock for me. I am literally in the regional top 10, but still no figurehead.

Jackdaw951
07-31-2014, 01:36 PM
@Konzti
I've never tried that myself but I bet the rewards will remain unlocked if you were to delete slot 1 then create a new one. I'm basing this on Kenway's Fleet in which the exclusive rewards, like the Elite Fire Barrels, will carry over to a new save file. So I'm guessing the community challenge rewards will also stay (but you might have to log-in to your uplay account at least once when you start the new file).

I'm really tempted to delete my old save file just to be sure. :p

I haven't tried deleting anything, but I can say for sure that there is an issue here. I love this game, so I have used all 3 save slots to experience it repeatedly. This challenge schedule hit when I was well into my 3rd save file. I got the explorer outfit, and the Impoluto figurehead here without issue. But when I loaded up my first save, I noticed that I only had the explorer outfit unlocked. The Impoluto figurehead is missing. I tried sinking some man o'wars, to no avail. The challenge reports that I have already completed it, and it won't budge.

I got AC4 at the beginning of this month. I think this is the first time community events have gone live for me, so I really don't think I have the explorer outfit on my first save as a result of a previous set of them. What I am hoping is that, as the challenges expire, the rewards propagate to other saves when they get loaded up. That's what I'm guessing happened with the explorer outfit. It's the only thing that makes sense.

But clearly, there's an issue here. I'm on the Xbox 360, so I can't delete the profile data without messing with my gamertag profile--a big no no. So deleting the game's profile data, used by PS3 players to correct similar issues, is not open to me.

Lantrozous
08-01-2014, 01:42 AM
I haven't tried deleting anything, but I can say for sure that there is an issue here. I love this game, so I have used all 3 save slots to experience it repeatedly. This challenge schedule hit when I was well into my 3rd save file. I got the explorer outfit, and the Impoluto figurehead here without issue. But when I loaded up my first save, I noticed that I only had the explorer outfit unlocked. The Impoluto figurehead is missing. I tried sinking some man o'wars, to no avail. The challenge reports that I have already completed it, and it won't budge.

I got AC4 at the beginning of this month. I think this is the first time community events have gone live for me, so I really don't think I have the explorer outfit on my first save as a result of a previous set of them. What I am hoping is that, as the challenges expire, the rewards propagate to other saves when they get loaded up. That's what I'm guessing happened with the explorer outfit. It's the only thing that makes sense.

But clearly, there's an issue here. I'm on the Xbox 360, so I can't delete the profile data without messing with my gamertag profile--a big no no. So deleting the game's profile data, used by PS3 players to correct similar issues, is not open to me.

The problem with testing a new game to see if the community rewards propagate to it at THIS point is that, if indeed the trigger for the community rewards to unlock is at the start of Sequence 3, then it would be impossible NOT to unlock the "Assassination" Explorer Outfit because of the scarecrows you practice your Hidden Blades with in the Governor's courtyard. The Man of War reward will be much more telling, since you literally CANNOT sink one before Sequence 3...the ultimate question is whether the rewards are automatically unlocked but only revealed in Sequence 3, or if you actually have to possess the correct stats to get the rewards at the start of Sequence 3...

Ureh
08-01-2014, 03:15 AM
I have sunk 12 Man o' Wars today and El Impoluto's figurehead does not unlock for me. I am literally in the regional top 10, but still no figurehead.

Are you sinking them without boarding them?

Jackdaw951
08-01-2014, 03:39 AM
The problem with testing a new game to see if the community rewards propagate to it at THIS point is that, if indeed the trigger for the community rewards to unlock is at the start of Sequence 3, then it would be impossible NOT to unlock the "Assassination" Explorer Outfit because of the scarecrows you practice your Hidden Blades with in the Governor's courtyard. The Man of War reward will be much more telling, since you literally CANNOT sink one before Sequence 3...the ultimate question is whether the rewards are automatically unlocked but only revealed in Sequence 3, or if you actually have to possess the correct stats to get the rewards at the start of Sequence 3...

Well, if you're replying to me, you misunderstood me. I was not talking about new games, but rather a save that was far along (94% sync), but which had been played all the way through *without* any community events (starting in early July of this year). That save (Save 1) got the explorer outfit, but not the Impoluto figurehead. I find that odd, given that I have completed both events, and that both items are unlocked in Save 3 (where I completed the events). If the outfit propagated to the old save without issue, why not the figurehead?

Since then, I erased Save 2, and started a new game. I recently got to the point where I can access the ship's cabin, and again, the outfit is unlocked, but the figurehead is not. I played Save 2 only during the figurehead event, so the outfit must have been unlocked as a result of the first event (which expired before I started the game on Save 2).

I will know tomorrow if the awards propagate after the corresponding event expires. If I get the figurehead on the other saves tomorrow, I'll know what to expect in the future.

Lantrozous
08-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Well, if you're replying to me, you misunderstood me. I was not talking about new games, but rather a save that was far along (94% sync), but which had been played all the way through *without* any community events (starting in early July of this year). That save (Save 1) got the explorer outfit, but not the Impoluto figurehead. I find that odd, given that I have completed both events, and that both items are unlocked in Save 3 (where I completed the events). If the outfit propagated to the old save without issue, why not the figurehead?

Since then, I erased Save 2, and started a new game. I recently got to the point where I can access the ship's cabin, and again, the outfit is unlocked, but the figurehead is not. I played Save 2 only during the figurehead event, so the outfit must have been unlocked as a result of the first event (which expired before I started the game on Save 2).

I will know tomorrow if the awards propagate after the corresponding event expires. If I get the figurehead on the other saves tomorrow, I'll know what to expect in the future.

Well, I have good news for you. I did they exact same process with the Explorer Outfit on Tuesday, before its event was finished, and got the exact same disappointing results, and yet after the challenge ENDED, the reward propagated. So here's my theory:

Whichever save you complete the event on gets the reward, and only that save. That is, UNTIL the community event CONCLUDES, which causes it to spread to all of your post-Sequence 3 saves via your profile data, where things like your UPlay reward in-game items are logged as well! We'll know for sure by tomorrow.

xirdef
08-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Are you sinking them without boarding them?

Yes. I had also tried all variations of boarding. I just read in another comment here about deleting the profile data on PS3 and that did the trick for me. Weird, because the explorer outfit unlocked without issue.

FlamingMoh
08-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Honestly, I don't understand why there were community 'challenges'.

leftmostcat
08-01-2014, 12:09 PM

I'm having a similar issue with the current challenge. I've plundered 2/1 warehouses I need for the challenge, which puts me in the worldwide top 3 (and it gives me this message in game) but I have not received the pistols.

Locopells
08-01-2014, 05:45 PM
The unlock doesn't happen until the challenge finishes.

Jackdaw951
08-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Well, I have good news for you. I did they exact same process with the Explorer Outfit on Tuesday, before its event was finished, and got the exact same disappointing results, and yet after the challenge ENDED, the reward propagated. So here's my theory:

Whichever save you complete the event on gets the reward, and only that save. That is, UNTIL the community event CONCLUDES, which causes it to spread to all of your post-Sequence 3 saves via your profile data, where things like your UPlay reward in-game items are logged as well! We'll know for sure by tomorrow.

Yes, that was my untested conclusion. I'm glad you got to test it a bit. I guess this makes sense. I hope that's all there is to it. I still wish they made it like the Kenway Fleet unlocks. I'm also not liking that this round of events is considered final. If they're going to lock game content (however trivial and cosmetic) behind some internet activity, then their responsibility is to maintain that activity for the life of the game. AC4 will live a lot longer than one year. Otherwise, fix the issue via patch--make the stuff accessible through some other means, like an offline canned challenge.

Edit: And . . . YES! My internet had been down for a while today. It came back, I logged into Live and launched the game, with Save 2. The first message I got was that I had beaten the event with the community, and the figurehead had unlocked. Coolness.

Edit 2: Well, not quite a complete victory. While Save 2 got the figurehead (propagated from completing the challenge in Save 3), Save 1 did not get it. I'm wondering if relaunching the game with Save 1 would make a difference. Hmm . . .

Edit 3: YES! It makes all the difference. Launching the game from scratch and selecting Save 1 immediately unlocked the figurehead on Save 1, so I now have it in all 3.

So apparently, this is the key:
* The save file where you complete the challenge gets the reward immediately.
* The other 2 saves (under the same account) get the reward after the challenge expires, and after you launch the game with each of those saves directly.

It may also be prudent to meet the current challenge's requirements on each save, just to be sure. I'm not sure if this is needed, but it can't hurt..

leftmostcat
08-01-2014, 10:36 PM
The unlock doesn't happen until the challenge finishes.

If you mean not until the challenge's goal has been met, the total community goal is 2 warehouses. If you mean not until the challenge's time period is up, that wasn't my experience with the previous two. I received the rewards as soon as I met my contribution goal, as the community portion was already met.

Ureh
08-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Yep, the pistols didn't unlock for me either. I was having that glitch where I couldn't loot any of the warehouses (despite them being full) so I decided to replay Sequence 3 Memory 5 (sugarcane and its yields). Afterwards it said the challenge was completed. Here's hoping it's unlocked tomorrow. :)

Locopells
08-02-2014, 12:36 AM
If you mean not until the challenge's goal has been met, the total community goal is 2 warehouses. If you mean not until the challenge's time period is up, that wasn't my experience with the previous two. I received the rewards as soon as I met my contribution goal, as the community portion was already met.

Oh, right. My bad, sorry, it's been a while since I did one.

Black_Widow9
08-02-2014, 03:30 AM
They technically shouldn't be unlocked until that Challenge is completely over so if you're getting it ahead of time that's a bonus. I'd suggest what Ureh says here:

Yep, the pistols didn't unlock for me either. I was having that glitch where I couldn't loot any of the warehouses (despite them being full) so I decided to replay Sequence 3 Memory 5 (sugarcane and its yields). Afterwards it said the challenge was completed. Here's hoping it's unlocked tomorrow. :)

If in the pause menu, it says you've completed the Challenge then you may have to wait. If you don't get it after the Challenge date is over, please let us know.

leftmostcat
08-03-2014, 09:39 PM
They technically shouldn't be unlocked until that Challenge is completely over so if you're getting it ahead of time that's a bonus.

I checked on it today and did indeed receive the reward now that the challenge is over. I completed the new challenge as well and received the reward right away. Not sure what creates the difference, but thank you for your advice on this matter.

Ureh
08-03-2014, 11:37 PM
I checked on it today and did indeed receive the reward now that the challenge is over. I completed the new challenge as well and received the reward right away. Not sure what creates the difference, but thank you for your advice on this matter.

Ditto.

So close to the Persian Scimitars... I can feel them!

Locopells
08-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Ditto.

So close to the Persian Scimitars... I can feel them!

Heh, me too!

Jackdaw951
08-04-2014, 05:39 AM

I figured this out over several days. I use all 3 save files, and I was frustrated at first, thinking the other 2 saves were not going to get the rewards. I posted my observations in an edit to my last post. I'll repeat it here:

* The other 2 saves (under the same account) get the reward after the challenge expires, and after you launch the game with each of those saves directly.

It may also be prudent to meet the current challenge's requirements on each save, just to be sure. I'm not sure if this is needed, but it can't hurt..

The part I emphasized is important. Quitting to the main menu and launching another save file won't do it. You need to quit completely out of the game (to the dashboard, Windows, or whatever) and then relaunch the game and select the save file that needs the reward. I think it has to do with re-logging into Uplay.

Ureh
08-04-2014, 05:51 AM
@Jackdaw951 I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for sharing!

SpiritMuse
08-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Nothing against you guys personally, but I think it sucks that this is ending so soon already. I mean, multiplayer is still supported right? Why not this?

I think if a company offers online-only content it should be prepared to keep it going for more than a measly 8 months. :/

Also, I would never have known about this if I hadn't just happened to be replaying AC4 right at the moment, and the figurehead is already Lost Forever for me because I won't be able to play during the last few days it'll be available.

What bugs me most is that all the reward items are already there in the list and will forever be sitting right there, taunting me with their unavailability.

NothinButThRain
08-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I agree. Video games are very expensive and I personally almost always wait to buy until the price drops to a more reasonable level. That means that I typically don't get games until at least 4-6 months after they have been released. So, when certain aspects of the game are ended not even a year after release, it sucks, to be blunt.
I've heard in this thread that keeping Community Challenges running beyond this is impossible because it will be very time- and money-consuming. Obviously Ubi has a better understanding of their operational capabilities than I do, so I don't want to be seen as arguing with Ubi's decision. I accept it for what it is--they are the programmers, not me. However, I just want to voice the opinion from the gamer's perspective that its really disappointing! I think if you can't commit to running community events for a longer period, then you shouldn't include them in the game to begin with!

Again, I mean this (and all of my previous posts) as tough-love constructive criticism, not an angry rant. I have like 8 or 9 Ubisoft games--clearly I'm a fan of their products. I am just trying to help to improve the customer experience, because I plan to purchase many more Ubi games in the future.

Locopells
08-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Persian Scimitars unlocked!

Ureh
08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Me too! I was like.... these blades are so beautiful. But you know what's missing?!

Lots and lots of blood coated along them. Aw yeah, decided to commemorate them by killing a few hundred guards. >:-D

Dag_B
08-06-2014, 12:37 AM
What made me wonder:
If I start a new game, will I keep the items? I guess there are seperatly for each save?

Black_Widow9
08-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Me too! I was like.... these blades are so beautiful. But you know what's missing?!

Lots and lots of blood coated along them. Aw yeah, decided to commemorate them by killing a few hundred guards. >:-D
Yes! I can't wait to get these later. Muahahahahaha

Ureh
08-06-2014, 03:04 AM
What made me wonder:
If I start a new game, will I keep the items? I guess there are seperatly for each save?

I'm pretty sure they're linked to your uplay/xbl/psn account. And this might help:

I figured this out over several days. I use all 3 save files, and I was frustrated at first, thinking the other 2 saves were not going to get the rewards. I posted my observations in an edit to my last post. I'll repeat it here:

The part I emphasized is important. Quitting to the main menu and launching another save file won't do it. You need to quit completely out of the game (to the dashboard, Windows, or whatever) and then relaunch the game and select the save file that needs the reward. I think it has to do with re-logging into Uplay.

randomking007
08-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Beat the challenge and it popped up Persian Scimitars unlocked, but for some reason they have not actually unlocked. :(

Lantrozous
08-07-2014, 06:52 AM
So, I've been wondering, if we successfully repeat these challenges the second time through, will all future new games not only get the community event rewards, but the bonus money and resources that come with a successfully repeated event?

BattleFeverC
08-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi everybody. I've just started playing this game on PS4 and I'm trying to unlock the community event rewards (Persian Scimitars currently) but here's the thing, I'm on Chapter 1 and I don't see them anywhere in my pause menu nor can I see anything directly related to the event in-game. Am I supposed to be on a specific chapter? Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate it if someone could help me or answer my question. By the way, I apologize if I sound ignorant or if this question has already been answered. Thanks in advance!

MnemonicSyntax
08-07-2014, 06:49 PM
You need to be past Sequence 3. After you get your ship they'll unlock.

And C is... Cossack?

BattleFeverC
08-07-2014, 07:14 PM
You need to be past Sequence 3. After you get your ship they'll unlock.

And C is... Cossack?

Hmmm...no wonder. Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. And by the way, what do you mean by Cossack?

MnemonicSyntax
08-07-2014, 07:24 PM
The C in your name. I was guessing what it stood for.

Also, just a heads up, but today's reward is El Impoluto's Wheel, not the Persian Scimitars.

BattleFeverC
08-07-2014, 07:33 PM
The C in your name. I was guessing what it stood for.

It actually stands for Christian which is my first name. The "BattleFever" part is from an old japanese TV show called "Battle Fever J".
:)

MnemonicSyntax
08-07-2014, 07:36 PM
It actually stands for Christian which is my first name. The "BattleFever" part is from an old japanese TV show called "Battle Fever J".
:)

I'm familiar with it. Battle Cossack was one of the members :D

randomking007
08-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Woo, the Persian Scimitars unlocked finally. I now have everything except that glitch figurehead for beating 3 naval convoys.

im3jia
08-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Thanks Ubisoft :)

Here's hoping I don't miss out on upcoming items for Unity/Rouge, I barely found out about the Dr. Pepper knives and Schick figurehead lol, luckily that figurehead is still claimable

Ureh
08-08-2014, 05:12 AM
So, I've been wondering, if we successfully repeat these challenges the second time through, will all future new games not only get the community event rewards, but the bonus money and resources that come with a successfully repeated event?

I know what you mean about the bonus money and resources, but I haven't been receiving those after completing these events (I'm on the ps3 if that matters). Your future save files should have the rewards (figurehead, sword, etc).

HoIcon
08-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Thought today's challenge had glitched on me but it turns out i already got the reward last week, looks like i'm done

Jackdaw951
08-10-2014, 10:33 AM
I know what you mean about the bonus money and resources, but I haven't been receiving those after completing these events (I'm on the ps3 if that matters). Your future save files should have the rewards (figurehead, sword, etc).

I got money and resources yesterday on the assassinate challenge, since I already got everything. So this is working for me (X360). All 3 saves have everything now as well. The propagation of rewards worked as I described in my last post, every step of the way.

Update: I can verify that these rewards will transfer to a new save if you delete an old one. As soon as you get far enough in the story, all 6 of them become available for use (assuming you had already unlocked all 6, of course).

tkarenko
08-12-2014, 06:22 AM
I'm incredibly upset that I missed the Explorer outfit again. I really liked it. :( What really pains me is that I unlocked it on PS3 during the first community challenge after launch. But now I'll never have it on PS4 because I didn't stick around and look for a new community challenge every day.

KittenGRR
08-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Is there something bugged with the current "Sink a Manowar" one? I have seen all the others in this batch, and happened to miss this on the 30/31 July - and it's the only one I need. Now I can't see this community challenge at all - it's not showing up in the Initiates bit of the pause menu or anything!

Ceelaris
08-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I can't see any community challenge today, either. :( Is there a time between two challenges?

Mr_Shade
08-12-2014, 11:01 AM
I can't see any community challenge today, either. :( Is there a time between two challenges?

Hi,

It should be as listed on the first post:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902053-ACIV-BF-Community-Events-Schedule?p=10112855&viewfull=1#post10112855

There maybe a slight delay - due to timezones.

DarkApprent2012
08-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Hello. I only have the Captains wheellock pistols to unlock but i did a challenge a few days ago, the assassinate enemies one and i got money and resources but since then no community events are appearing. What is wrong? Did i do something wrong?

Ceelaris
08-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Mr_Shade, thanks for the answer. It was two hours past 8 GMT when I posted, but the Challenge has appeared now. :D

Rialtir
08-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Today's challenge for the figurehead, to sink a man'o'war, appears to be bugged for me. I've sunk 36 ships (not boarded, sunk), and it says the challenge is 100% complete and all that jazz, but I haven't received the figurehead. My friend sunk just one and was awarded it immediately, so I don't think waiting til the event is over will help. I tried reinstalling Uplay, and that renewed the popup informing me of the challenge, but did not reset my progress so that's a dead-end. Any solutions out there before this event is over? Thanks! ^.^

Edit: I have been searching on the web since some time this morning, and I've found mention of something several times that involves deleting some sort of file, but never found any details on it. Don't know if that helps or not.

Edit Edit: Contemplating reinstalling my game, but I dunno if that will ruin my precious 100% synch save or not. Also not sure it will help any. As the guys on any TV show would say, "Time is running out!" (lol)

Edit Edit Edit: Sinking all the legendary ships (They are men'o'war, right?) did nothing for my cause. Neither did doubling my man'o'war kill count in a quest for righteous vengeance. Kind of grasping at straws at this point. XD

Edit Edit Edit Edit: Reinstalling the game did nothing for my cause, but interestingly enough launching the game on my old computer awarded me all the challenge rewards I have missed on my old save. Unfortunately I have still gotten nothing on my current save. (The one I used to complete all of these, mind you.)

BostonSFS
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Is there something bugged with the current "Sink a Manowar" one? I have seen all the others in this batch, and happened to miss this on the 30/31 July - and it's the only one I need. Now I can't see this community challenge at all - it's not showing up in the Initiates bit of the pause menu or anything!

mine is bugged to its not showing up and it end today I'm in the USA east coast

Rialtir
08-12-2014, 08:58 PM
mine is bugged to its not showing up and it end today I'm in the USA east coast

Are you signed into Uplay and playing while connected to the internet? If you can't find anything obviously wrong, uninstall and reinstall Uplay. That caused the challenge notification to pop again for me.

Edit: Just putting Uplay in offline mode and restarting the game before putting back online should reset the notification as well, as I have just discovered in my desperate search for enlightenment.

BostonSFS
08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Are you signed into Uplay and playing while connected to the internet? If you can't find anything obviously wrong, uninstall and reinstall Uplay. That caused the challenge notification to pop again for me.

Edit: Just putting Uplay in offline mode and restarting the game before putting back online should reset the notification as well, as I have just discovered in my desperate search for enlightenment.

can u delete and reinstall on x360 i thought only on my xOne i can uninstall uplay?

Rialtir
08-12-2014, 10:17 PM
can u delete and reinstall on x360 i thought only on my xOne i can uninstall uplay?

Just disconnect from the internet, launch the game whilst offline, and go to your campaign. Check the menu to find the challenge gone, then exit the game a reconnect. When you load your game it should notify you of the community challenge.

Edit Edit in addition to all previous Edits: Read the whole thread for the third time, and just now realized the essential statement that was made on ~page 6. I'm not supposed to get anything until it is over. >.<

Phelykz
08-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Reward for Community Event were 2500 R. No Captain’s Wheellock Pistols...

CatulloMario
08-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Reward for Community Event were 2500 R. No Captain’s Wheellock Pistols...

Hi if you get 2500 R then it means you already have done the event before and already have the pistols. For the second time you do this you will get 2500 R and 100 units of each material as a reward.

Phelykz
08-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi if you get 2500 R then it means you already have done the event before and already have the pistols. For the second time you do this you will get 2500 R and 100 units of each material as a reward.
Sorry for the bad english:
I had to sink a battleship/warship (I don't know which word is used).
I don't know if I allready had done this event. All I know is I don't have the Pistols in my collection.

AnthonyA85
08-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Right now, i have everything unlocked, the last thing i unlocked was the figurehead on monday. Every reward unlocked the moment i completed the necessary challenge, and in some cases, just to make sure, i did it more than the required time (like kill enemies with a gun, i think my current count is at 38/1)

Though according to the thread, the rewards weren't supposed to unlock right away, mine did. All i have to do now is backup my save file.

Jackdaw951
08-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Right now, i have everything unlocked, the last thing i unlocked was the figurehead on monday. Every reward unlocked the moment i completed the necessary challenge, and in some cases, just to make sure, i did it more than the required time (like kill enemies with a gun, i think my current count is at 38/1)

Though according to the thread, the rewards weren't supposed to unlock right away, mine did. All i have to do now is backup my save file.

As I posted a few pages back, you get the reward right away in this final set of events. If you are using the other 2 save files as well, they get the reward after the corresponding event expires, and only if you launch the game (from scratch) directly into each of those saves. It seems Uplay has to be logging you on to update these things for you.

BattleFeverC
08-14-2014, 05:23 PM
As I posted a few pages back, you get the reward right away in this final set of events. If you are using the other 2 save files as well, they get the reward after the corresponding event expires, and only if you launch the game (from scratch) directly into each of those saves. It seems Uplay has to be logging you on to update these things for you.

I'm having an issue with this. I unlocked the "Explorer's outfit" on 8/9 and "El Impoluto figurehead" on 8/12 after only doing the objectives once and both popped up right away. The current objective is to plunder a warehouse in order to unlock the "Captain's Wheellock Pistols" however, my current progress on this event is 3/1 and it still hasn't unlocked. Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

Jackdaw951
08-14-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm having an issue with this. I unlocked the "Explorer's outfit" on 8/9 and "El Impoluto figurehead" on 8/12 after only doing the objectives once and both popped up right away. The current objective is to plunder a warehouse in order to unlock the "Captain's Wheellock Pistols" however, my current progress on this event is 3/1 and it still hasn't unlocked. Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

If this happens (task completed more times than the 1 required, no reward), it means that somehow Ubi thinks you already completed the challenge on another save file. In this case, you need to wait until the challenge expires, then launch the game from scratch directly into the save file where you want the reward. This should do the trick. It worked for me 6 times in a row. I use all 3 save slots. I got the reward each time right away on one save, then I propagated it to the other 2 saves using the described method.

BattleFeverC
08-14-2014, 06:34 PM
If this happens (task completed more times than the 1 required, no reward), it means that somehow Ubi thinks you already completed the challenge on another save file. In this case, you need to wait until the challenge expires, then launch the game from scratch directly into the save file where you want the reward. This should do the trick. It worked for me 6 times in a row. I use all 3 save slots. I got the reward each time right away on one save, then I propagated it to the other 2 saves using the described method.

When you say "from scratch", do you mean I need to start a new game? Or do I just load the current save file where I completed the objective? BTW, I'm only playing on one and I don't plan on creating other save files.

Soulpenter
08-14-2014, 06:40 PM
I just started playing AC4 today and found out about the community challanges.
I'm really sad that I missed out on 2 already and wish that we would be able to unlock them by some other means or the event would be longer.

Jackdaw951
08-15-2014, 11:48 AM
When you say "from scratch", do you mean I need to start a new game? Or do I just load the current save file where I completed the objective? BTW, I'm only playing on one and I don't plan on creating other save files.

I mean from Windows (PC), or the dashboard (console), rather than from the game's main menu. The key seems to be in the process of Uplay logging you in as you boot the game, to wake it up into examining the chosen save slot's related data, and updating it with new items when applicable.

BattleFeverC
08-15-2014, 01:52 PM
I mean from Windows (PC), or the dashboard (console), rather than from the game's main menu. The key seems to be in the process of Uplay logging you in as you boot the game, to wake it up into examining the chosen save slot's related data, and updating it with new items when applicable.

I'm on PS4, I just finished loading my current save file and it didn't pop up. Instead the challenge for the "Black & Red Sails" showed up, I killed a crocodile and I got the reward right away. I guess I'm out of luck 'cause there doesn't seem to be a solution for this. No point in reporting this to Ubisoft 'cause they don't seem to care just like they did nothing to fix the daily boost for multiplayer.

BattleFeverC
08-15-2014, 02:05 PM
They technically shouldn't be unlocked until that Challenge is completely over so if you're getting it ahead of time that's a bonus. I'd suggest what Ureh says here:

If in the pause menu, it says you've completed the Challenge then you may have to wait. If you don't get it after the Challenge date is over, please let us know.

I contributed to the community event for the Captain’s Wheellock Pistols (from 8/13 – 8/15), I plundered 3 warehouses and I did not receive anything even after the event expired, and I probably won't have a chance to get it because this was the last cycle. By the way, I just unlocked the Black and Red sails by hunting a crocodile, I also unlocked the Impoluto figurehead and Explorer outfit immediately when those events were running; there's obviously a glitch somewhere. Though I'm doubtful, I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank you!

Jackdaw951
08-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm on PS4, I just finished loading my current save file and it didn't pop up. Instead the challenge for the "Black & Red Sails" showed up, I killed a crocodile and I got the reward right away. I guess I'm out of luck 'cause there doesn't seem to be a solution for this. No point in reporting this to Ubisoft 'cause they don't seem to care just like they did nothing to fix the daily boost for multiplayer.

I'm sorry you're having this problem. I assume you checked carefully that the item didn't pop into your inventory (in the captain's cabin, or at a store). Once Uplay thinks the requirements for an event have been met or exceeded, there is nothing you can do to reset those (so you can try again), unfortunately. So if the process I described doesn't work, you're left without. Sad. This whole nonsense of items already in your game getting locked behind online activities really does bug me. I won't lie about that, even though I managed to get every one (community events and Kenway's fleet).

Soulpenter
08-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Is there a way to at least do a few more cycles of these community events?
Its really bugging me that I started playing the game late and I missed out on the Explorer Outfit and the Figurehead.
I guess the servers will be needed for Unity/Rogue community events, so maybe until those release these could be left running?
Pretty please with sugar on top!

sidzero1369
08-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes, please do at least another cycle. I hate the idea that I may never be able to unlock some of these things simply because I had bad timing. I've played through the game three times now, and since I'm a marathon gamer, only ever unlocked a small handful of these community challenge items. I didn't even know they were on some kind of schedule until just today (I thought the game just randomly gave you one of the rewards every time you complete a challenge). Worse, I missed the one thing I wanted (El Impoluto's figurehead) by ONE FRIGGIN DAY! So yeah, pretty please, could we have another cycle? Or at least some other way of unlocking these things?

Phelykz
08-17-2014, 01:55 PM
So we will never get the chance to get the items from the community events after this shedule is complete? ne events after Wendsday?
No Captain’s Wheellock Pistols fpr me? =(

Sharkey1337
08-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Same here, I did the challenge for the Wheellock Pistols (2 warehouses plundered) and it said my challenge was completed, yet no pistols were unlocked. Can Ubi just unlock these for everyone if they're not going to redo the challenge? >=(

Landruner
08-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Oh boy....PLZ guys make those social events more frequents or make the challenges longer than they are - I got a problem with the Server connection and did not get any retribution from the past events - I keep in being disconnected from the UBI server, and apparently I lose any progress I can make so far. I quit doing those for avoiding frustration, but still I hopelessly wish getting any of the reward ULCs connected aa a reward for participating to those events someday - so far, I hope that those events could be more frequent or/AND more RELIABLE and accurate about the progress I made on my xb360 version of the game. Plz do something....

Phelykz
08-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Pleasy guys from the Ubi studios, can you make longer social events or make a shedule für september with socal events? the shedule don't agrees with my game because I`m German so I have an other version of the game. There are other rewards for other events as written in the shedule.

BattleFeverC
08-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Same here, I did the challenge for the Wheellock Pistols (2 warehouses plundered) and it said my challenge was completed, yet no pistols were unlocked. Can Ubi just unlock these for everyone if they're not going to redo the challenge? >=(

Same thing happened to me, I unlocked the Explorer's Outfit on August 9th, El Impoluto’s Figurehead on August 12th, the Black & Red Sails on August 15th, and the Persian Scimitars on August 17th, all 4 popped up right away after completing the objective only once. As for the Captain’s Wheellock Pistols (from 8/13 – 8/15), I plundered 3 warehouses and I did not receive anything even after the event expired. I know these are just digital items and aren't necessary to complete the game but it's not fair to have players invest any amount of time (as minor as it may be) and not be rewarded because this is somehow glitched. I hope something is actually done about this.

Soulpenter
08-20-2014, 12:01 AM
So I have gotten the last item today that I could get, the wheel.
I missed out on the outfit and the figurehead unfortunately.
I also got an other problem that is that the items I unlocked only show up in my #1 save file. Even though on both #2 and #3 it said that I have beaten the community challange none of the 4 items unlocked.
Again, I would like to request that these items could be acquired without the need of community events like the Assassin costumes are available also for multiplayer.
Thank you!

Locopells
08-20-2014, 01:40 AM
#2 and #3 will show up once the event ends, only #1 shows up straight away.

Aelius2
08-20-2014, 06:34 AM
It's awesome that you guys gave us late-comers a change to grab some of the Community Event items. I managed to snag two so far, but unfortunately I missed out on the one I wanted most, the Explorer outfit. Any chance we might be able to convince you to do one more rotation for those who, like myself, learned about this mere days ago?

zazazel1989
08-20-2014, 06:06 PM
I also have just started to play black flag. If these items are no longer offered through community challenges, then will they be offered through a patch to be bought? If not, it may be best to go another round of challenges.

Landruner
08-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Am I the only one that tried to participate on these (@&#!!!) challenges and did not get fully all the rewards (?) - I mean I did not even get the latest reward today (the wheel) - Although I never really wanted to participate last year, in replaying BF I now like the concept, but it does not fully work in application....

Landruner
08-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi Guys,

That is not true!!!! :mad:...Come on? I am getting upset with your post....

I don't want to appear to troll the staff one more time, but people from that forum and your supporters are not that stupid neither.

Anyone that has a bit of common sense knows that those bonus items are already on the disk / data / or digital format that we bought and they can be easily unlocked by either redeeming a code or by patching application.

Those bonuses are simply ULCs like the ones from McFarlane figures and the pre-order ULCs!

That your servers do not to support that features in order to synchronize it with our game progressions is a fact, however: they can be activated by your support for ACBF post those events.

Come on Mr_Shade with all my respect....:mad:!

BattleFeverC
08-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one that tried to participate on these (@&#!!!) challenges and did not get fully all the rewards (?) - I mean I did not even get the latest reward today (the wheel) - Although I never really wanted to participate last year, in replaying BF I now like the concept, but it does not fully work in application....

I had never participated in these events until this last cycle. I managed to get everything except the Captain's Wheellock Pistols (even though I completed the objective). But it doesn't seem like anyone cares. I mean, I even replied to a post from the forum manager (Black_Widow9) in which he advised someone to let him know if he didn't get the pistols after the challenge date was over. But he still hasn't responded and probably never will.

Landruner
08-21-2014, 01:40 PM
I had never participated in these events until this last cycle. I managed to get everything except the Captain's Wheellock Pistols (even though I completed the objective). But it doesn't seem like anyone cares. I mean, I even replied to a post from the forum manager (Black_Widow9) in which he advised someone to let him know if he didn't get the pistols after the challenge date was over. But he still hasn't responded and probably never will.

Like you I did not really participate in the previous ones since they were really odd and impromptu...., that last cycle was making more sense this time, except that I did not get all the rewards and I could not even do the plantation challenges since my warehouses were (for no reason) keeping in being empty during the period of that event. and I got really upset .... up to frustration.

BattleFeverC
08-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Like you I did not really participate in the previous ones since they were really odd and impromptu...., that last cycle was making more sense this time, except that I did not get all the rewards and I could not even do the plantation challenges since my warehouses were (for no reason) keeping in being empty during the period of that event. and I got really upset .... up to frustration.

On another note, I tried starting a new game on a separate save file and once I got to Sequence 3, I only had one of the rewards unlocked (Explorer's outfit), the other four that I obtained are not available. I remember reading another post stating that the rewards only have to be unlocked on one save file and any future saves should have them unlocked. But this is not the case.

Landruner
08-21-2014, 06:46 PM
On another note, I tried starting a new game on a separate save file and once I got to Sequence 3, I only had one of the rewards unlocked (Explorer's outfit), the other four that I obtained are not available. I remember reading another post stating that the rewards only have to be unlocked on one save file and any future saves should have them unlocked. But this is not the case.

Like the previous ones, I played AC4BF on XB360, and I was planning to buy it shortly for PS4 now that I understand that some features of customization will be missing in the single retail version I just won't buy it for new console. They just clearly show me that they don't any longer support the game.

I am upset since during the time of those Last challenges I could not even get the warehouses to refill before the event ends, most of the time the blue community challenge icon (Right on pause game menu) was keeping in disappearing from the menu while changing locations meaning that I was keeping in being disconnected from the UBI servers (The event menu on the in game ladder-board menu was telling me that they were no event for the moment) , and I never got that Explorer Outfit after assassinating over and over as a madman, I could not get my progression synchronized apparently.

What is upsetting me is that those bonuses are ULCs (Locked content) and not DLC Like Mr Shade said and Ubisoft support could easily release them either by patches or still "108KB code DlCs" from the Steam/PSN and XBLive market.

Soulpenter
08-22-2014, 08:46 PM
That is not true!!!! :mad:...Come on? I am getting upset with your post....

I don't want to appear to troll the staff one more time, but people from that forum and your supporters are not that stupid neither.

Anyone that has a bit of common sense knows that those bonus items are already on the disk / data / or digital format that we bought and they can be easily unlocked by either redeeming a code or by patching application.

Those bonuses are simply ULCs like the ones from McFarlane figures and the pre-order ULCs!

That your servers do not to support that features in order to synchronize it with our game progressions is a fact, however: they can be activated by your support for ACBF post those events.

Come on Mr_Shade with all my respect....:mad:!

Major Nelson also said something about a switch that can't be turned off regarding the xbone's DRM and look how that turned out.

Landruner
08-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Major Nelson also said something about a switch that can't be turned off regarding the xbone's DRM and look how that turned out.

Major Nelson the Corporal Claim of Microsoft LOL! One of my best Friend Joe Vargas got his microphone removed during an interview at E3 2013 regarding the question and the Day after Microsoft made their infamous 180 turn regarding the DRM for the Bone LOL. Major Nelson is the worse "******tte" PR alive (Trust me)!

Soulpenter
08-23-2014, 11:32 PM
#2 and #3 will show up once the event ends, only #1 shows up straight away.

The event has concluded for some days now and I'm sad to say that none of the rewards show up on any save files beside the 1st one.

Major Nelson the Corporal Claim of Microsoft LOL! One of my best Friend Joe Vargas got his microphone removed during an interview at E3 2013 regarding the question and the Day after Microsoft made their infamous 180 turn regarding the DRM for the Bone LOL. Major Nelson is the worse "******tte" PR alive (Trust me)!

My point was that claiming that these cosmetics are not as easy to give away as flipping a switch is hardly a good answer as it was the same excuse microsoft used and that DRM was a much bigger thing and it was as easy as flipping a switch.

So yeah, I'm still hoping that we can get these items by some other means.

Landruner
08-24-2014, 05:25 AM
The event has concluded for some days now and I'm sad to say that none of the rewards show up on any save files beside the 1st one.

My point was that claiming that these cosmetics are not as easy to give away as flipping a switch is hardly a good answer as it was the same excuse microsoft used and that DRM was a much bigger thing and it was as easy as flipping a switch.

I got your point mate, but since you were mentioning "Private" Nelson (since he is a big one) I could not help myself to reply about him, sorry - I sure will get banished for writing this but what the UK forum manager I replied to did mention in his post was untrue and the unlocking content of those challenges could easily be fixed because they are locked disk/data content of our games and they not a limited sweep give away DLC like he tried to make us believe.

Alas AC4BF did not get support for months now (last update was Feb 2014, I believe) , so his point that "they" were not going to fix or update anything since no one is any longer taking care of AC4BF. At the same time, it tells us a lot for the future game and their future issues....(You bought it, well deal with it because no one there (at Ubisoft) is going to fix it for you, but please do not forget to pre-order the next one for next year)

Jackdaw951
08-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Did you try what worked for me all 6 times (x2 save files) on the Xbox 360? Exit the game to the dashboard. Launch the game, make sure Uplay logs you on. Select the game lacking the rewards first. Find the "Congratulations!" message. Go to your inventory and find reward. Then do the same for the other save lacking the rewards.

I agree they could easily patch this so you can obtain them regardless of community events, even charge a few dollars for it as fake DLC.

Landruner
08-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I first would like to start by mentioning that I like AC4BF!!!! That is not a trolling post at all...

As I mentioned months ago post its release I enjoyed the pirate (Naval) game-play more than the Assassin parts and the design of the main missions of the game and like a lot of people back in time, I wished to see it improved for the next months following its release. Alas we did not see any of it....

However and although I like that game, they were some features I did not like at all, and the Community challenge EVENTS is one of them.
Don't get me wrong I think that the idea was actually an excellence idea, however; I had some reserves about it since it was supposed to be synchronized with your game-play and the Events did not really happen that often. (They were odds and impromptu) I remember participating to the very first one to see what it was about....and then getting nothing post to the events, and I guessed that the rewards will unlock someday later... and I did not really care in participating after....

Recently in last July 2014 I saw a sticky post that the Community challenge Events were back - Actually the truth and in order before that, I was showing the AC/Companion apps to a friend and I saw that it was an event running. I was too far way from my game and else to participate in July to anything and after checking on this forum I saw the event schedule for July in August, so I guessed a good let's go after all I have nothing to lose, and perhaps I could get some fun....

I started to participate for the August 2014 session and i tried to kill the guards like the requirement asked for unlocking that Explorer Outfit (which was indeed the only reward I wanted to get)

The progression was not there... 0/1 (?) I tried to kill guards by pair by anyway possible that the game could offer thinking that it must be more tricky than just killing two guards. Nothing happened and the score was still staying at 0/1. Two days later and still the same, I did not get that infamous Explorer Outfit. :mad:!
Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 0 !:p

Note: I did not really panicked at first since I never got any reward from the very first event (months ago), and I really thought that all the reward will come at the very end of the series of challenge.

Then for the next sessions the next days I tried again to re-participate, but this time the blue (Community event icon) located on the left of the pause menu was not there or keeping in despairing after a few seconds - I was also checking on the ladder-board menu and that last nomenclature at the bottom was keeping in telling me that they were no event at this moment.

The 2 days event past and I could not get proper synchronization with the server.
To that point I started to wonder point if the damned thing was really working or not.
Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 0 !:(

Third session was to plunder the warehouses, Oh god!.... guess what!?!....No warehouses were actually full in my game at the moment of the events, I saw that days before and was hoping that they will refill the days of the event requiring the player to plunder two warehouses - I was able to have at least one. but I could not get a second one at all - I was keeping in log-in and exiting the game in hoping that I could reset the game and that the warehouses were going to fill - nada!!!! - I tried to restart a new game from a save, but I was not sure that actually that second save would unlock the rewards, so I did not pursue in replaying the game from the beginning.

2 day events passed and I got "nailed" da third time....!
Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 0 ! :eek:

I started to be really upset since I payed more intention to the thread regarding the events and not only I read that it was the last session, but I saw that I was not the only one having some problems with their progression or the items not unlocking post the event.

I tried for the 4th one which was kill and skin an animal and got the same situation that the first one 0/1 - After killing a half of dozen of animal I tried to see online if it was not a question of whatever animal or a specific one....Nope apparently it was just kill and skin an animal and that it, and I could not get any result, and before I kill and skin myself of rage and frustration, I just gave up because I had better to do during that period of time that getting unfairly trolled by one of my favorite.... Game?
Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 0 ! :mad:

5th event requirement was shooting with the pistol 2 foes, which I did over in over each time I was engaging a fight and this time, I was getting more positive results every 2 kills- however; the same problem happened with the event disappearing time to time from my pause menu and was progression was dropping each time I was losing the synchronization with the server, However this time I was able to mange at least 27/1 out of 50 or 60 Kills with the pistol I originally did. Post to the event I saw that the reward -
Finally and at last!!!!!! - the sword was unlocked! Yeeha!!!
Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 1 !:rolleyes:

but sadly understood that because that item was unlocked I was going to be screwed for the 4 past events. :mad:!

I did the last one with plunder 2 ships - I got the same problem than described above , but I was able to get my reward on the August 21, 2014.

Ubisoft 1 vs Landruner 1 !;) Yyeeehahhh!!!!!!!

But wait... Happy? not really because technically I got only 2 out the 6 items (Rewards) :(

I would say that honestly that experience with the community events was the worse experience I had ever with any AC game and even the worse experience I had with any game I have ever played. I am very lay back cool and relax while playing a game and I never get upset to the point to toss my controller by the windows, I did not brake anything of rage during those events, but I yelled like a madman a lot!!!!!
Finally what was supposed to be fun and challenging turned to be a trolling pastiche (or I felt like one) and incommensurable frustration for participating in something for not having unfairly any reward for it, or even worse, not scoring for anything at all.:mad:

Now Let's talk about the patches & updates we never had! :mad: aka AC4BF never got as much as patches than previous AC games.

After all this time since that I started playing AC4BF, I still have that floating Royal ship Blue icon glitch with no event, which prevents me to get those Royal ship events correctly, however; although I plundered more than 3 of those Royal ships, I never got the Aquila Wheel neither. The Royal ships event happened at rate of one ship every 2 months and no more than that...( Why ???)
On the Other hands, the sperm whales and other social chests are a more frequent rate at least one whale every day or two days since the past weeks, and the chest is once in the while.... (Why?? more Whales than Royal ships?)

I still have in my HUD that assassin mission glitch that does not want to disappear post finishing that mission - I have that annoying glitch while I am on the ship at sea for months now (actually since November 2013) .

After reading some posts in that Community Event sticky thread, I understood that they won't even be any longer any AC4BF online support as for the (update and patches), and that those Community events are gone for good, but alas the opportunity of unlocking their rewards is gone too.

As a fan of that franchise and Ubisoft customer I feel frustration and I have serious concern that the Co-op in Assassin Unity will perhaps be the same since it is incorporated in the Single player mod of the game.

My point is if Ubisoft already do not support AC4BF for its online features and this so soon just after its release, imagine what about Unity and it's Co-op, after AC4BF and its online features I have no guaranty that it is going to work neither.

Let me know what your experience was and what you thought about those Community events?!

And if Someone read this at Ubisoft please (oh yes please) patch and update the game that the rewards unlock automatically and anyone can get them.
They are just ULC locked in you game data after all. :p!

Sushiglutton
08-24-2014, 10:39 PM
I thought the community events were basically: "Do this dull chore x-times and we will give you a useless virtual reward".

So I never bothered with them. I have been known for being a bit negative at times though ;)

Fatal-Feit
08-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Community events should have never existed. It took them 1/4 of a year to get it working...

That said, I enjoyed doing them all. I know I sound like a hypocrite but I'm still sour about the god damn patch wait. :p

Landruner
08-24-2014, 11:06 PM
Community events should have never existed. It took them 1/4 of a year to get it working...

That said, I enjoyed doing them all. I know I sound like a hypocrite but I'm still sour about the god damn patch wait. :p

Eh thanks for responding Fatal-Feit, well I am too waiting....patch!!!! (Que diable mes amis!), I sincerely did not care about those challenges, but I wanted to try, and now I am somewhat furious because it was a mess and not a cool experience for me. I also wait for that patch for fixing those damned glitches that "we" (some of us from this forum) reported months ago - last year 2013 actually and nothing had been done since, really!

Landruner
08-24-2014, 11:10 PM
I thought the community events were basically: "Do this dull chore x-times and we will give you a useless virtual reward".

So I never bothered with them. I have been known for being a bit negative at times though ;)

Thanks for responding Sushiglutton, yep! and you are right. Months ago, I honestly did not really care, but I recently got trapped in my own greedy perfectionism regarding accomplishing anything the game could offer - That is my damned own fault & I should have known better and ignoring them like the other did.

BattleFeverC
08-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Let me know what your experience was and what you thought about those Community events?!

And if Someone read this at Ubisoft please (oh yes please) patch and update the game that the rewards unlock automatically and anyone can get them.
They are just ULC locked in you game data after all. :p!

Let me start off by saying that I feel like they did a poor job of notifying everyone that this was the last chance to get any of this stuff, however minor or useless these virtual items may be. It is obvious that the mechanism that unlocks these rewards is somehow glitched as a lot of people were unable to obtain one or several of them. I myself am only missing the Captain's Wheellock Pistols, which according to several posts on this thread, should have unlocked after the event was over. But guess what!? IT DIDN'T!!! I plundered 3 warehouses and still nothing. Last week, I actually opened a support ticket and the responses I received from the customer service rep were very polite and I got the feeling that she genuinely wanted to help me but couldn't because of the way they chose to make these rewards available. Obviously, they are not gonna go back and patch this game because they just don't care, PLAIN and SIMPLE. The most that they'll probably do is program these events one last time but I seriously doubt it.

On another note, a lot of players have posted on here that the rewards will propagate to other save files but this hasn't worked for me. I have the PS4 version and the only reward that unlocked on my new save file was the Explorer's outfit (once I got to Sequence 3 ). Also, there was no pop-up message, the outfit was just there but the other 4 items are still missing. I have already tried quitting the game completely, booting it again, and selecting the new save file (and yes, Uplay is logging in just fine) but this has yet to work for me.

Soulpenter
08-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Did you try what worked for me all 6 times (x2 save files) on the Xbox 360? Exit the game to the dashboard. Launch the game, make sure Uplay logs you on. Select the game lacking the rewards first. Find the "Congratulations!" message. Go to your inventory and find reward. Then do the same for the other save lacking the rewards.

I agree they could easily patch this so you can obtain them regardless of community events, even charge a few dollars for it as fake DLC.

I have tried it and had no success unfortunately.

Also, I would like to delete the save file that has the rewards and start over as I only started the SP part of the game to get the rewards.
I have a hunch my rewards will just disappear.
It would really be nice if we could get these items by abstergo in-game challanges or some other means.

EDIT: I'm playing on PS3.

Landruner
08-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Oh my god!!!!! Why on earth that AC4BF game and Ubisoft hate me so much for Making me going through this? Why did I do to You "bisoft"? I have never had any problem with the past AC games on console? - Now with AC4BF is a total disaster!
I do not want to sound like a Drama Queen, but I honestly admit, It seem that I am very unlucky with that game and its features, no matter what!

Now it is the AC4BF season pass I have a problem with and the Freedom Cry DLC - I was waiting to play Freedom Cry before i entirely finished AC4BF, and I did not downloaded it just not having the temptation of playing it before I had finished the main game.

Now the FC DLC won't download via the game and its season pass (XB360) - Each time I tried, it stops after 20% of downloading.... got back on pending status and restart downloading up to 20% and so on....it had been like that for 3 hours now.....It keeps in pending in my active download without progression.

I try to stay calm, but the all thing starts becoming a bit tedious and ridiculous now, and I start losing my patience with Ubisoft and their impeccability to support their own games post their release.

So.Ubisoft technically speaking, after that Community challenge disaster and the fact that I have to play AC4BF with annoying glitches on the HUD and some missing in game features, now I can't even play what I have payed for - so question? What am I supposed to do now.... Cry?

// Since I am connected via the Ubisoft server via my Xbox360 Gamertag with the season pass activated you guys can check that I am not lying ,,,,

Updates: Finally after a slow and crazy download of several hours - I got it !

Jackdaw951
08-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh my god!!!!! Why on earth that AC4BF game and Ubisoft hate me so much for Making me going through this? . . .

Now it is the AC4BF season pass I have a problem with and the Freedom Cry DLC - I was waiting to play Freedom Cry before i entirely finished AC4BF, and I did not downloaded it just not having the temptation of playing it before I had finished the main game.

Now the FC DLC won't download via the game and its season pass (XB360) - Each time I tried, it stops after 20% of downloading.... got back on pending status and restart downloading up to 20% and so on....it had been like that for 3 hours now.....It keeps in pending in my active download without progression.

I try to stay calm, but the all thing starts becoming a bit tedious and ridiculous now, and I start losing my patience with Ubisoft . . .

Updates: Finally after a slow and crazy download of several hours - I got it !

OK, do calm down a bit. First, this is the wrong thread for this. Second, this is not Ubi's fault. There is a DDoS war being waged right now on several networks, including PSN and XBL. XBL is more robust, so it has suffered much less than PSN, but it is suffering a bit. Keep your eye on this status page (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status).

Glad you got Freedom Cry. It's definitely worthwhile, if you can stomach the excessive tailing/eavesdropping.

bpendragon
08-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Okay, not to sound stupid but now that the events are long finished and this was the final time for them, does this basically mean that myself and the people like me who are just finding out THIS is how to get certain items (Explorer's outfit & captain's wheellock pistols) are now SooL? That's "**** out of Luck" for those that didn't know.

Landruner
08-26-2014, 08:00 PM
OK, do calm down a bit. First, this is the wrong thread for this. Second, this is not Ubi's fault. There is a DDoS war being waged right now on several networks, including PSN and XBL. XBL is more robust, so it has suffered much less than PSN, but it is suffering a bit. Keep your eye on this status page (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status).

Glad you got Freedom Cry. It's definitely worthwhile, if you can stomach the excessive tailing/eavesdropping.

Just for info, my previous post (you replied to) was just an emphasis follow up to my original thread that had been moved and merged to that one - I did not know where to post it since the no one respond to the concerned users when people post their issues to the nomenclature reserved for it, and honestly I am trying to finishing anything that AC4BF has to offer for my XB version of the game and I was getting upset that I had so much a hard time doing so!

I know FC and I already played it post its release on another account and format.

Kakuzu745
08-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Okay, not to sound stupid but now that the events are long finished and this was the final time for them, does this basically mean that myself and the people like me who are just finding out THIS is how to get certain items (Explorer's outfit & captain's wheellock pistols) are now SooL? That's "**** out of Luck" for those that didn't know.

Sadly yes...you and that people are f*****d up ;)

Landruner
08-28-2014, 04:26 AM
CptSkyBear from Ubisoft Support kindly let me know that he was passing the message to the dev team - So, perhaps and hopefully we may see a patch that can resolve the glitches that some have in-game and update the game in order to receive those missing items from that Social community challenges (?).

Kakuzu745
08-28-2014, 05:00 AM
Reality is they should give one final chance to get those items in a different way. I mean, I lost one of those because I had to work late those exact days so no impollluto head for me. Additionally if someone buys the game now they basically start the game without the chance of getting some items just because...

BattleFeverC
08-29-2014, 07:09 PM
CptSkyBear from Ubisoft Support kindly let me know that he was passing the message to the dev team - So, perhaps and hopefully we may see a patch that can resolve the glitches that some have in-game and update the game in order to receive those missing items from that Social community challenges (?).

No offense to you, but that seems like a generic response. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a template that they use to reply to any users who have technical issues with this game. The reason I say this is because I opened a support ticket about two weeks ago and I got a similar response from a rep named Meghan, she was also very kind and polite. Also, I personally don't think it would be impossible to add the rewards via a patch. I mean, how hard could it be to change the requirements to unlock them. They could just make it so that they can be purchased at any in-game vendor, they already appear listed among the available items. Or just make them available by default.

However, I seriously doubt that they are going to do anything to patch the game at this point. I love the Assassin's Creed games, I've been a fan since the second one and even though I expressed my frustration on this thread, I'll continue to support Ubisoft by buying future games. Now let's be completely honest. From a business standpoint, I think it makes very little sense for them to develop and release another patch. They have already sold a crap ton of copies of this game so they have everyone's money. The community rewards are not needed to complete the game and there's no point in fixing something so minor just because a few people are complaining (including me) on their forum. Hopefully, they will do something about it but it's highly unlikely.

Landruner
08-29-2014, 08:20 PM
No offense to you, but that seems like a generic response. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a template that they use to reply to any users who have technical issues with this game. The reason I say this is because I opened a support ticket about two weeks ago and I got a similar response from a rep named Meghan, she was also very kind and polite. Also, I personally don't think it would be impossible to add the rewards via a patch. I mean, how hard could it be to change the requirements to unlock them. They could just make it so that they can be purchased at any in-game vendor, they already appear listed among the available items. Or just make them available by default.

However, I seriously doubt that they are going to do anything to patch the game at this point. I love the Assassin's Creed games, I've been a fan since the second one and even though I expressed my frustration on this thread, I'll continue to support Ubisoft by buying future games. Now let's be completely honest. From a business standpoint, I think it makes very little sense for them to develop and release another patch. They have already sold a crap ton of copies of this game so they have everyone's money. The community rewards are not needed to complete the game and there's no point in fixing something so minor just because a few people are complaining (including me) on their forum. Hopefully, they will do something about it but it's highly unlikely.

I am not offended at all, but I some kind of disagree with you.
Ubisoft gets on my nerves for different reasons but some people there still care about their customers. it is easy to say that they got the money, but AC4BF is still selling at retails and their still distribute the game for retailers and it only takes a few hours for a programmer to fix the glitches and open those damned code locked content - Actually tons of people are still buying the game brand new at price reduced, and the more ACU and Rogue dates approach the more they sell it for new comers to that franchise. In a business way that will be unwise to disregarding and not considering those potential future customers for the next AC coming up in showing missing item in their inventories. But yes read some comments online some people that recently bought the game are not very happy about it, so....?

The response I got there was on the forum, my guess is that something will surely come soon either by AC Initiates went they are back or by just update via Ubisoft servers ( Since you game is connected to it, for the social sharing events or those damned Com Challenge events) or still give the 5PM... codes to unlock those items on that forum
Last alternative will be an 108kb DLC/patches via the every format live(s), but I doubt they will since they have to pay the 3rd parties carrier for it.

Kakuzu745
09-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Reality is it is not hard at all to add these rewards. Community challenges are now gone so they made their point...they supported it and people "got into the concept".

Now, please do not punish those guys that will buy the game late, or people like me that did not have time when certain communities challenges were up (and I also had my fair share of doubts about buying the game so I bought it quite late compared to most people).

So, anyway...please add these items somehow as a reward for another thing ;)

Landruner
09-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Reality is it is not hard at all to add these rewards. Community challenges are now gone so they made their point...they supported it and people "got into the concept".

Now, please do not punish those guys that will buy the game late, or people like me that did not have time when certain communities challenges were up (and I also had my fair share of doubts about buying the game so I bought it quite late compared to most people).

So, anyway...please add these items somehow as a reward for another thing ;)

In short a patch that fix those damned Social event glitches and unlock those items. that will be great.

Landruner
09-01-2014, 07:41 PM
BTW, I forgot to add that I got problem in redeeming some Mcfarlane dolls codes too - got screwed on that as well....In short the all extra promo in game content ULCs for AC4BF was a total disaster.

JoSeAnToN10
09-07-2014, 07:02 AM
i have a problem, i lost my last gamesave, thanks to a bug with a royal convoy, in that gamesave i had the explorer outfit and the prusian swords, and all the rewards from the social events but now in this gamesave i have only the explorer outfit and the swords, what happen withthe other rewards, by the way each time that i start another gamesave i recive the explorer outfit and the prusian swords, but no the " mascaron de el impoluto" and the sblack and white sails

Landruner
09-07-2014, 08:51 AM
i have a problem, i lost my last gamesave, thanks to a bug with a royal convoy, in that gamesave i had the explorer outfit and the prusian swords, and all the rewards from the social events but now in this gamesave i have only the explorer outfit and the swords, what happen withthe other rewards, by the way each time that i start another gamesave i recive the explorer outfit and the prusian swords, but no the " mascaron de el impoluto" and the sblack and white sails

Welcome to the club! :pLol - Nope more seriously, with some others we plan to take an action for getting that game patched and the social and challenge events rewards rewarded.

BattleFeverC
09-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the club! :pLol - Nope more seriously, with some others we plan to take an action for getting that game patched and the social and challenge events rewards rewarded.

What type of action? Are you gonna get people to sign a petition or something like that?

Kakuzu745
09-08-2014, 06:48 AM
What type of action? Are you gonna get people to sign a petition or something like that?

Or we could spam the support!!! J/k

GeneralDevonS
10-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Hopefully soon, I want El Impoluto's Figurehead.

TheMuntah
10-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Hopefully they do another run. Never received any notification for this. Sucks the sack.

Morgan-GW
10-22-2014, 01:28 AM
My husband and I both did all of the challenges... and then the PS3 died and took our save files with it. Since we weren't paying Sony's protection money, there was no way to back up the saves. So now I'm with those who are hoping for another chance in fact in addition to having always been with them in spirit :'(.

Mr_Stunner
10-23-2014, 12:38 AM
I just noticed that AC IV Black Flag price dropped on the PSN, does this eman that a price drop on the physical game will follow too?

ONLY1FROST
11-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Hello!

I would like to play the game again. My question is: is it still possible to get the items from community challenges eg. Explorer's Outfit, El Impoluto’s Wheel etc...)
Or do not even waste my time?

Locopells
11-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Not currently. It's unlikely they will be run again, but Never Say Never, and all that...

dei.machiavelli
11-11-2014, 01:18 AM
There's already a thread with people wishing for the community challenges to come back for another round here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges). However, I would not get my hopes all too high that they still care about that. But you never know.

L100Seraphs
11-11-2014, 05:09 AM
Hey Frost17D,

Sorry, but it's unlikely. Ubisoft felt 10 months was "enough" support for the (until today) most recent game in the series. Now that two new games are out, there's even less chance.

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 06:02 AM
What the hell?

So you're telling me just because I missed this notification, it is LITERALLY impossible for me to 100% AC IV now?

As a new developing completionist, that's complete ********.

At least in AC2 the preorder DLC that controls 100% completion rate is included in the steam version I have.

It's literally IMPOSSIBLE to 100% this game now?

That's ridiculous. And I imagine it's only worse in Unity where you CANNOT EVEN PLAY CO-OP MISSIONS SOLO WITHOUT ONLINE.

I HIGHLY DOUBT those servers are going to be there forever.

Ubisoft is not considering long term AT ALL.

Seven years down the line a good 40% of Unity wont be able to be completed AT ALL.

Do I have that right?

There's no alternatives WHATSOEVER for new AC players who check out older installments?

dei.machiavelli
12-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Keep complaining and add your voice in here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges-Forums

They promised another round if there is enough demand for it - so hopefully they keep considering this now with all the people who bought the game for Christmas.

Mylar191990
03-28-2015, 11:44 PM
When you are planning to do another cycle of community challenges? I'm from Italy, and eager to unlock the community chellenges reward, having purchased AC IV Black flag for PC last year in December (2014) I haven't had a chance to do that

dei.machiavelli
03-30-2015, 01:03 AM
There are various threads all over the place popping out every few days, like

- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/923656-ACIV-Black-Flag-Any-more-community-challenges
- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1040280-Assassin-s-Creed-Black-Flag-Community-Challenges?
- http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1048954-Community-Challenges-for-ACIV-are-they-done-with-them

or on Steam

- http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/618457398960542744/
- http://steamcommunity.com/app/242050/discussions/0/618453594756755698/

or on Reddit

- http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2y2pg9/did_ubisoft_stop_putting_out_community_challenges/

However, despite their original claim to do another round if demand was sufficient (see the very first link above), Ubisoft seems to have abandoned the Community Challenges as there are no official news since September. Shame :/

Ghost416
04-09-2015, 04:33 PM
So there's essentially no way at all to get the remaining unlockables, then?

aimar321
04-22-2015, 01:34 PM
I don'tunderstand why they don't just give away the rewards if they are not going to offer them any more. People are still paying money for the game.

geldnix
05-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Indeed, just do one last patch that unlocks the rewards for everyone that's frustrated and is going to be...
If it's programmed decently it should be as easy as setting a boolean from false to true.
Just put 1 programmer on it 1 afternoon, that's the least that can be expected from such a studio.

Is this ever going to happen or not?

I wonder if anyone is even still reading this or if i'm going to have to use swearwords to get noticed trough their filters to get an answer?

CreamyOnyx
05-15-2015, 05:28 AM
I would really like to be able to get some of the rewards I wasn't able to unlock, considering I started playing that game almost a year after it came out. I would even be willing to pay a small price to get all the community rewards, as well as all the costumes and ship parts unlocked by those figurines MacFarlane was selling. They should make a small downloadable content worth a couple bucks. I'm sure people would be interested in that. I love the game, but hate looking through the menu and seeing one set of swords unlocked. Maybe it's a mild case of O.C.D., but I guess that's just how I roll. Here's hoping, haha.

phoenix-force411
05-15-2015, 12:46 PM
This is the reason why I don't bother buying Black Flag for PS4, because these won't be unlocked for me as they are on PS3.

ZomBotz
06-05-2015, 04:26 AM
Pretty lame that we don't get to finish trophies off due to a dead community service man....had I known I would not have bought the game.
Now you've gone and made me look for mods and hacks on a new ps4.
Thanks alot.

Morgan-GW
06-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Pretty lame that we don't get to finish trophies off due to a dead community service man....had I known I would not have bought the game.The things we got from the community challenges aren't needed for any of the trophies. Otherwise, I think there'd be less moaning and more screaming :-).

paullinoemail
02-19-2016, 12:46 PM
What if they put out again these challenges for a week or a month? A lot of people are still playing ac4 it would be intelligent to do it again..
Ubisoft do it a lot of people will appreciate it :)

MB soldat JB
04-17-2016, 08:34 AM
It would be very nice from Ubisoft that they release community challenges items in DLC or something for all platforms. Like they did with Fleur-de-Lys sword in AC Unity.
A lot of people bought AC 4 long after these challenges were already finished. Its not a good business practise to sell unfinished (not whole) products or without the possibility to obtain this items in challenges. Ubisoft could make a lot of people very happy. Including me :)

Ubi-Banshee
04-18-2016, 03:42 PM
It would be very nice from Ubisoft that they release community challenges items in DLC or something for all platforms. Like they did with Fleur-de-Lys sword in AC Unity.
A lot of people bought AC 4 long after these challenges were already finished. Its not a good business practise to sell unfinished (not whole) products or without the possibility to obtain this items in challenges. Ubisoft could make a lot of people very happy. Including me :)

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we'll pass it along :)

lanziqi116
05-16-2016, 04:14 AM
this is funny. purchased the game and only to find it's not a complete product this is like a robbery.

You have to maintain the game state and keep it running that's your duty Ubisoft

pacmanate
05-18-2016, 02:14 AM
A lot of us around the time these were happening weren't happy with it either. They only went on for a few months and even if we missed an event, we never got another chance to obtain the items. So good look getting Ubisoft to dish them out.

If it makes you feel better, the "rewards" were so, SO bad.

phoenix-force411
05-18-2016, 05:55 AM
A lot of us around the time these were happening weren't happy with it either. They only went on for a few months and even if we missed an event, we never got another chance to obtain the items. So good look getting Ubisoft to dish them out.

If it makes you feel better, the "rewards" were so, SO bad.

Except for the dye which was really good, and probably the only other dye I use since I am no fan of 95% of the outfits.

ENGINEER_H4RR7
05-23-2016, 06:03 PM
So finally got in AC 4 and found out about this. So disappointed. If the shut down the challenges then they should give us the reword some other way or at least automatically unlocked.

dparra85
09-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Dear ubisoft and moderators. It would be possible to release these items as DLC? I am pretty sure that the whole community would be pleased :)