PDA

View Full Version : Gypsies

ze_topazio
07-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Gypsies have been everywhere in Europe since the middle ages yet nobody asks for more of them in AC or anywhere else, we only had them in Revelations were they were, guess what? thiefs, what else could they be? sellers of counterfeit clothes and stolen goods?

I'm hoping for gypsies in Unity because of Esmeralda.

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 11:35 PM
lolololol i think you're thinking of a different time period, yo.

ze_topazio
07-21-2014, 11:38 PM
As an easter egg yo, Esmeralda is a fictional character anyway.

Xstantin
07-22-2014, 12:38 AM
Read the novel Esmeralda wasn't even a gypsy. Hugo was trolling.

Sekuiya.
07-22-2014, 03:18 AM
And having in mind that the modern day France has banned gypsies from their country, that's even more interesting to be asking for gypsies in Unity! XD

Legendz54
07-22-2014, 04:02 AM
Frollo for Unity's main Antagonist confirmed. It would be cool if they if they added a little easter egg of a strange figure climbing down notre dame at night but when you go and check it out nothings there.

marvelfannumber
07-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Well I guess they don't have Gypsies in AC Unity because.......uhmmm......Topsy turvy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmpnBDM0R8

(Sorry I just had to)

Dag_B
07-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Gypsies have been everywhere in Europe since the middle ages yet nobody asks for more of them in AC or anywhere else, we only had them in Revelations were they were, guess what? thiefs, what else could they be? sellers of counterfeit clothes and stolen goods?
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

But honetly, if I remember correct the Romani were not the thiefs. They were street performers and their distraction were more like the courtesans in previous games.

Considering Esmeralds History (being stolen from Gypsies and replaced with Quasimodo) I am also not sure if you should place this in the game. Reminds me of last years story where a irish family was accused to have abducted a blond child - because they were roma and that clearly means that they could not give birth to a blond girl at all. *facepalm*
Not sure if you should feature such storys in a popular game when it still is a widely spread prejudice that can cause trouble to families.

Somebody also mentions that there are still copyright claims on the figure of Esmeralda, which might make it a little bit harder to put her in the game (if you want to put her in a new time).