PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Unity for PS3

olphgrad2011
07-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Assassins Creed Unity, I believe, should be for the PS3 since i can not, as weell as probably many others, by a PS4. i have all the games for the PS3 and really want to play Unity. i have been waiting for this game and im sad that it is not for the PS3. Who else agrees?

pacmanate
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Sorry but your generation of consoles is holding everyone back.

The reason Unity isnt on PS3 and 360 is because they dont have enough power to run it.

I am glad that they are making next gen only games now.

Tenvern
07-21-2014, 06:48 PM
As harsh as it may sound to people who don't have the new systems, I'm glad it's not for the old systems.
The reason for this is that the game would look and play significantly worse if it was made for previous gen.
You're playing on eight year old hardware and the game wouldn't work on those systems in the state it's in currently.

Ubisoft has said they're not just done with the previous gen yet and are probably going to announce something in the coming days.
I'd suggest you stay tuned to see what they're going to announce.

Unity wouldn't be possible for last gen systems.

Sushiglutton
07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
They had to move on sooner or later. However Ubi will release a game on Ps3/X360 too this fall, code named Comet. They have said they will announce it soon, so stay posted :)!

I'm grateful to Ubi for taking the risk of going next gen only with Unity!

pacmanate
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
They had to move on sooner or later. However Ubi will release a game on Ps3/X360 too this fall, code named Comet. They have said they will announce it soon, so stay posted :)!

I'm grateful to Ubi for taking the risk of going next gen only with Unity!

They never said it was coming this fall? That was rumour and not confirmed.

rickprog
07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
I don't have a current gen console either, but I'm glad Unity is coming for current gent only. It gives the devs more console capacity to work with, thus making a better game. Hell, I'm trying to get a job right now just to be able to buy a current gen console in time for Unity's release!

GreySkellig
07-22-2014, 04:45 AM
I say this as somebody who only owns a PS3 and does not have the disposable income yet for a PS4: No. No no no. A thousand times no. I want games to move forward. If that means I have to save some money, so be it. Besides, rumor has it old gen gets its own AC title. No more whinging.

rebelguy007
07-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Sorry but your generation of consoles is holding everyone back.

The reason Unity isnt on PS3 and 360 is because they dont have enough power to run it.

I am glad that they are making next gen only games now.

You could rephrase it without the attitude, also last gen isn't abandoned yet

pacmanate
07-22-2014, 02:06 PM
You could rephrase it without the attitude, also last gen isn't abandoned yet

What attitude? How else am I supposed to say last gen is holding everything back?

The second sentence is a fact.

The third is my opinion.

Sesheenku
07-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Um no. PS3 has given all it can ages ago, time to retire that ancient and decrepit dinosaur into the pages of history.

Good riddance to it. Should have upgraded it ages ago, it was obsolete a few years into its life cycle, doesn't help PS2 gen made PS3 gen look **** in comparison.

Oh and this may be harsh but try to read it without getting to ruffled.

Any person with any foresight should know that when they buy a console IT WILL be replaced in about 10 years. You've had 10 years to save up a mere 400 dollars. You seriously can't save up 400 dollars within 10 years? I mean seriously if you pick up a dime every single day for 10 years and never spend it you'll have 365 dollars.

Save up a quarter every day for 10 years and you have 912 dollars.

If you're that poor I'm sorry but gaming isn't for you lol. I mean **** a QUARTER every day for 10 years. Put up a quarter every day for 3,650 days and you can buy TWO Ps4'S.

joelsantos24
07-22-2014, 02:47 PM
What attitude? How else am I supposed to say last gen is holding everything back?

The second sentence is a fact.

The third is my opinion.
Excuse me? What attitude? You mention "your generation of consoles is holding everything back", as if it's the poor guys fault. Not everyone out there is Richie Rich, so a little bit more of respect, goes a long way.

Assassins Creed Unity, I believe, should be for the PS3 since i can not, as weell as probably many others, by a PS4. i have all the games for the PS3 and really want to play Unity. i have been waiting for this game and im sad that it is not for the PS3. Who else agrees?
Unity won't be coming to PS3, I'm afraid. Many of the arguments mentioned so far, are indeed valid and true: the PS3 doesn't really have the power and capacity to take a game of the scope of Unity. It's not even close of managing it. But apparently, Ubisoft may release a second Assassin's game this Autumn, for last generation consoles. Rumours say it's about a sailor named Shay, related to Edward. They should give us more updates on Gamescom next month.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
If you're that poor I'm sorry but gaming isn't for you lol. I mean **** a QUARTER every day for 10 years. Put up a quarter every day for 3,650 days and you can buy TWO Ps4'S.

Did you just really say this crap!! What the hell is wrong with you? Not everyone can afford to buy a 400- console! There is no need to be a jerk.

joelsantos24
07-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Did you just really say this crap!! What the hell is wrong with you? Not everyone can afford to buy a €400- console! There is no need to be a jerk.
It's the screwed up mentality of many kids, these days. I mean, there is no consideration for the real value of money, it's as if things just fall from the skies. Here in Portugal, for instance, minimum wage is about 480€. You realize the price on PS4? Yeah, that's right, it's worth an entire month's wage, for many conventional middle-class workers. :(

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 03:47 PM
It's the screwed up mentality of many kids, these days. I mean, there is no consideration for the real value of money, it's as if things just fall from the skies. Here in Portugal, for instance, minimum wage is about 480€. You realize the price on PS4? Yeah, that's right, it's worth an entire month's wage, for many conventional middle-class workers. :(

I agree. It's ridiculous. Consoles are very expensive. Not everyone can afford to buy a new console, but that doesn't mean that they are poor. He's obviously delusional!

pacmanate
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Excuse me? What attitude? You mention "your generation of consoles is holding everything back", as if it's the poor guys fault. Not everyone out there is Richie Rich, so a little bit more of respect, goes a long way.

If someone can afford a 350 console it doesnt make them rich.

Yes, "your" generation of consoles. You realise I also said "Sorry" at the start? Or maybe you didn't see it. Fact is, they are holding everything back. He has a PS3, thats HIS generation as thats all he has.

It wasn't rude whatsoever.

joelsantos24
07-22-2014, 04:08 PM
I agree. It's ridiculous. Consoles are very expensive. Not everyone can afford to buy a new console, but that doesn't mean that they are poor. He's obviously delusional!
Absolutely.

pacmanate
07-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Absolutely.

Ever heard of planning ahead? I saved up every month from the W_D 2012 reveal. Thats a year and a few months for just 350.

Thats saving only 16 a month for a PS4.

Assassin_M
07-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Stop picking on Pacman, you mean farts--He didn't do anything.

ze_topazio
07-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Gaming is an expensive hobby.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Stop picking on Pacman, you mean farts--He didn't do anything.

It was sesheenku who posted that crap about people being poor because they can't buy consoles.

LatinaC09
07-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Gaming is an expensive hobby.

That it is my friend. What helped me buy a PS4 though was trading in my xbox 360 and some games, that way I didn't have to put down so much money up front. I also saved a bit and sold a few other things I wouldn't miss. Just plan some months ahead of time and you'll be able to do it. Right now I've got Unity paid off.

Assassin_M
07-22-2014, 04:54 PM
It was sesheenku who posted that crap about people being poor because they can't buy consoles.
I know and sesheenku is usually a jerk to everyone anyway (apparently, profanities and vulgarity are looked at as "frankness") so i'm not defending him.

joelsantos24
07-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Ever heard of planning ahead? I saved up every month from the W_D 2012 reveal. Thats a year and a few months for just 350.

Thats saving only 16 a month for a PS4.
What you do, other people do as well, myself included. However, there are lots of people who just can't. I'm not gonna dwelve into the circumstances of life, but I know many gamers who simply can't afford to do so, there are bills to pay, morgage, food, electricity, gas, water, phone, etc. In some cases, kids to feed and school to pay (with all the extras attached to it). Many people who save money, save it for (far) more important and relevant things, not consoles.

That being said, I just think that there are better ways to address the subject. Not to mention that last generation consoles aren't dead, as you implied, I think. New games are coming out and won't stop until a couple of years, if the past is any evidence.

olphgrad2011
07-22-2014, 10:03 PM

Unity won't be coming to PS3, I'm afraid. Many of the arguments mentioned so far, are indeed valid and true: the PS3 doesn't really have the power and capacity to take a game of the scope of Unity. It's not even close of managing it. But apparently, Ubisoft may release a second Assassin's game this Autumn, for last generation consoles. Rumours say it's about a sailor named Shay, related to Edward. They should give us more updates on Gamescom next month.

THAT'S STUPID. i really want to play Unity. i have been looking forward to this game for a while. i have all of the other creed games. they should really update all the PS3's so people can play it.

Xstantin
07-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Entitled much?

Will_Lucky
07-22-2014, 10:42 PM
THAT'S STUPID. i really want to play Unity. i have been looking forward to this game for a while. i have all of the other creed games. they should really update all the PS3's so people can play it.

It doesn't quite work that way, the PS3 can't have its hardware updated. Its software sure, but its at its limit now and has been for a couple of years. Games like BF3, AC3, Skyrim ect proved the PS3 was too old and should have been replaced.

Unity is on a newer version of the engine, and well AC3 and 4 to an extent struggled on the PS3 and 360. Its part of the reason why we never saw a full urban experience with either title...the console was never capable of it on a modern engine. So running Paris on the PS3 or 360 especially 1789 Paris is well impossible I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but thats the way it is, the PS4 and XB1 far surpass their predecessors and in order to get Paris in 1789 running you need more power simple as. There is no more room for updates on the PS3 or 360, they've hit the wall now in how far they can take it.

Locopells
07-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Keep it cool guys...

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 01:00 AM
They did that by making a PS4.

These machines aren't just magic boxes.

RaulO4
07-23-2014, 01:42 AM
im glade they drop the old version of console,
they are old and deserve a peaceful death now.

old hardware does not just hold back graphics but gameplay (physic/AI/ and anything that could involve a higher use of power)

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 01:51 AM
okay then..

Well first off any time there is a new console released we can't expect to have games for "last gen" forever. If that was the case we would still be playing PS1 and Xbox games. There are early adaptors such as ACU and sometimes it will come years later down the line. Either way you can't be mad when a company that wants to take their games to the "next level" because there are bigger and better engines where games need more memory to run at the wanted performance level and there are tons of factors in that. and if older systems hold them back I say new gen all the way. Granted it sucks because you have to wait, but at the end of the day it's not going anywhere! you'll get your chance to play eventually just save up :D because we all know gaming is expensive unless you have a sliver spoon in your mouth. (meaning your rich or very affluent)

Thankfully I won my ps4 so I'll get to play it! but even if I hadn't I know I wouldn't be able to afford it for awhile and just try to save up in the mean time. :)

Landruner
07-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Um no. PS3 has given all it can ages ago, time to retire that ancient and decrepit dinosaur into the pages of history.

Good riddance to it. Should have upgraded it ages ago, it was obsolete a few years into its life cycle, doesn't help PS2 gen made PS3 gen look **** in comparison.

Oh and this may be harsh but try to read it without getting to ruffled.

Any person with any foresight should know that when they buy a console IT WILL be replaced in about 10 years. You've had 10 years to save up a mere 400 dollars. You seriously can't save up 400 dollars within 10 years? I mean seriously if you pick up a dime every single day for 10 years and never spend it you'll have 365 dollars.

Save up a quarter every day for 10 years and you have 912 dollars.

Honestly, unless your were trying to be sarcastic (which I sincerely doubt you were...) you should be flagged for idiocy by this community.:p

RaulO4
07-23-2014, 02:35 AM
that post,
why?

since when gaming became a thing for the rich only?

Landruner
07-23-2014, 02:50 AM
that post,
why?

since when gaming became a thing for the rich only?

Well, that is a good question since I don't remember before this generation people being that little "bourgeois" with their new systems in despising so much the past systems with such disrespect - at least not that much since that generation of new consoles - I still play games on my old systems and I do not think that they are obsoletes.... and I do not feel poor in playing those games on them neither - I believe that the next generation of gamers (?)

rickprog
07-23-2014, 03:01 AM
Guess that feeling is just around because the current gen consoles didn't come out long ago, so not too many people have them, but I don't think you need to be rich or anything in order to have one. A right amount of organization and the necessary circumstances (which include little/no debts to pay) and you're good to go.

Landruner
07-23-2014, 03:07 AM
If someone can afford a 350 console it doesnt make them rich.

Yes, "your" generation of consoles. You realise I also said "Sorry" at the start? Or maybe you didn't see it. Fact is, they are holding everything back. He has a PS3, thats HIS generation as thats all he has.

It wasn't rude whatsoever.

Not picking on you but past consoles are really not holding thing back that is a flat excuse from developers for not going further in their designs and programs since the PC technology is there and could handle thinks already year ago - it used to be years ago (still a decade ago) PC versions and console versions of the same game(s), with most often a PC version being more elaborated than the console version of the same game now it is not any longer the case and you get practically the same version for all formats. Not tying to say than PC is better than console, but the game could have been made on PC and the new consoles with the addition of a lesser version for the past consoles as well, but it will have been more expensive since they will had to redesign it for the past console.

May be if they were not spending millions in ridiculous marketing for that game, that money could have been used for those lesser versions for past gens.

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Anyone remembers older days when PS3 was introduced to the market? Compared to it PS4 is actually reasonably priced imo.

SixKeys
07-23-2014, 03:25 AM
OP, you can't upgrade a radio to make it a television. They're two different machines, and one does not have the same capacity as the other. That's why you also can't upgrade a PS3 into a PS4. Just like PS3 had to be made because PS2 couldn't support a game like AC1. Technology marches forward. It's got nothing to do with being rich or poor, it's simply that you can't make old technology do things it's not capable of.

Landruner
07-23-2014, 03:26 AM
Anyone remembers older days when PS3 was introduced to the market? Compared to it PS4 is actually reasonably priced imo.

Yep I do remember the mess it was back then and actually Microsoft did almost the same mistake last year with the One. that is normal Phil Harrison was involved in both cases...lol

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:08 AM
Did you just really say this crap!! What the hell is wrong with you? Not everyone can afford to buy a €400- console! There is no need to be a jerk.

I'm 21, don't make idiotic assumptions.

As I said, a ****ing dime can be put up every day for 10 years, from the time you bought the PS3 in order to have close to enough money to pay for a PS4.

There is nobody so poor they can't afford to put up 10 cents a day, or in the case of getting payed every two weeks a dollar and 40 cents.

In other words you're not spending your entire ****ing wage, you're putting up a dollar and 40 cents every day for 10 years or do you NOT know how to save money?

I realize in Europe the prices are different and the wages but I wasn't talking about Europe.

I'm sorry for Portugal but I wasn't ****ing referring to Portugal, hence my mention of AMERICAN money.

Now chill out. It's not my fault ****'s overpriced and people are underpaid over there.

Assassin_M
07-23-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm 21, don't make idiotic assumptions.

As I said, a ****ing dime can be put up every day for 10 years, from the time you bought the PS3 in order to have close to enough money to pay for a PS4.

There is nobody so poor they can't afford to put up 10 cents a day, or in the case of getting payed every two weeks a dollar and 40 cents.

In other words you're not spending your entire ****ing wage, you're putting up a dollar and 40 cents every day for 10 years or do you NOT know how to save money?

I realize in Europe the prices are different and the wages but I wasn't talking about Europe.

I'm sorry for Portugal but I wasn't ****ing referring to Portugal, hence my mention of AMERICAN money.

Now chill out. It's not my fault ****'s overpriced and people are underpaid over there.
ohhhhh the irony

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:14 AM
ohhhhh the irony

Amusing how people still consider curse words to mean rage. That age is dead, the words have lost meaning to me. Nothing but common emphasis.

In any case my point still stands, do the math, calculate a small insignificant amount you can save, immediately after you buy a new console and most assuredly you will be at least close to the amount you need by the time a new console comes out.

I don't think there's any country besides third world countries who's middle class can't do that much.

As I said Americans can save up 3 dollars and 50 cents every pay check for the life span of the PS3 and have the money to buy two PS4's and still buy games.

It's more expensive in Europe but again save up what you can, even if it's just half what I just mentioned it should be enough considering the long lifespan of the consoles to be at the minimum very close to the amount needed to buy the newest console.

Assassin_M
07-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Amusing how people still consider curse words to mean rage. That age is dead, the words have lost meaning to me. Nothing but common emphasis.
They do imply rage lol. Common from your circle, maybe

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:24 AM

Implying someone means something is often the same as assuming, and assuming makes an *** out of everyone.

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 07:25 AM
Sesheenku.... yeah we get it. You could save a dime for 10 years or some bs and get X amount of dollars but realistically who in the hell does that...

OH I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SYSTEM. well let me start saving those dimes today. because I know that in10 years that new system is coming... psht. please I don't even know if I'll live through tomorrow. why in the hell am I worried about saving for a system 10 years from now when I have my new one right now?

there is no need to be a **** about it. I see where you are coming from but it's just very brash, yeah great you can go out and do whatever you want but others can't doesn't mean they can't or won't get. geez. life throws everybody a curve ball and gaming is a hobby at the end of the day. so you get it when you can.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 07:26 AM
If you use curse words to show common emphasis how do people tell if you're really angry? What words do you use?

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Sesheenku.... yeah we get it. You could save a dime for 10 years or some bs and get X amount of dollars but realistically who in the hell does that...

OH I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SYSTEM. well let me start saving those dimes today. because I know that in10 years that new system is coming... psht. please I don't even know if I'll live through tomorrow. why in the hell am I worried about saving for a system 10 years from now when I have my new one right now?

there is no need to be a **** about it. I see where you are coming from but it's just very brash, yeah great you can go out and do whatever you want but others can't doesn't mean they can't or won't get. geez. life throws everybody a curve ball and gaming is a hobby at the end of the day. so you get it when you can.

I do actually, put up a few dollars immediately upon buying a new system.

I accept curve balls can come your way but if they do that's life, it's happened to me as well, I had to spend the money I had for buying a new PC for food because of the economical downturn but you don't see me making a thread complaining about how a game won't be on an archaic system.

I just shut up and continue saving until I can afford it. That's life, sometimes you simply can't afford things at the moment.

If you come and openly complain than you are subject to anothers opinion and thoughts on the matter, in this case I think the complaining is ridiculous and that OP was perhaps lacking in foresight. Perhaps a curve ball did happen but again complaining about it is ridiculous. Suck it up and save up.

If you use curse words to show common emphasis how do people tell if you're really angry? What words do you use?

It's rare to see me actually angry, and when I am, you can tell by my tone of voice and expressions, doesn't mean I don't use curse words but I use them at all times.

Oh and when angry I tend take on more of a cold and snarky demeanor.

On forums It's easier to use a curse word rather than bold everything required for the appropriate amount of emphasis.

Xstantin
07-23-2014, 07:28 AM
gaming is a hobby at the end of the day. so you get it when you can.

This should be quoted as soon as threads like this appear, cause there'll be more by the time ACU is around.

Assassin_M
07-23-2014, 07:29 AM
Implying someone means something is often the same as assuming, and assuming makes an *** out of everyone.
So congrats for making one out of yourself. still ragin, though

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:38 AM
So congrats for making one out of yourself. still ragin, though

Whatever you say Assassin_M.

I respect your opinions greatly even if I don't like them at times. No matter what I say I hold no ill will or bad opinions on any of you. What is said here about video games is not important enough for me to care about the words I use or what is said back and forth.

poptartz20
07-23-2014, 07:39 AM
I do actually, put up a few dollars immediately upon buying a new system.

I accept curve balls can come your way but if they do that's life, it's happened to me as well, I had to spend the money I had for buying a new PC for food because of the economical downturn but you don't see me making a thread complaining about how a game won't be on an archaic system.

I just shut up and continue saving until I can afford it. That's life, sometimes you simply can't afford things at the moment.

*slow clap* Well you sir must have great money management skills to automatically start saving up for a new system. I on the other hand I'm sure with many other do not take the same route as you. But I do agree with you on the complaining aspect. instead of being upset be happy for the franchise because it wants to do more to be a better game, yeah it sucks you wont be able to play for awhile Ive been there too. I didn't get a ps3 until 2.5 years after it came out. I went through every game when I did get it and enjoyed every moment of it!

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:51 AM
*slow clap* Well you sir must have great money management skills to automatically start saving up for a new system. I on the other hand I'm sure with many other do not take the same route as you. But I do agree with you on the complaining aspect. instead of being upset be happy for the franchise because it wants to do more to be a better game, yeah it sucks you wont be able to play for awhile Ive been there too. I didn't get a ps3 until 2.5 years after it came out. I went through every game when I did get it and enjoyed every moment of it!

Same, that was about how long it took for me to get a PS3 as well, that was when I began my economic slump. I don't mind waiting, as they say patience is a virtue.

souNdwAve89
07-23-2014, 08:36 AM
This is something that people should have seen coming since this happens all the time when new consoles are out. The difference is that the new console transition is faster than the PS3 and 360 era. I understand that it sucks for people who cannot afford the console, but it is just another sacrifice that has to be made in life. It is not like the consoles and Unity are in short supply. You will buy the console and game any time in its life cycle. People like to throw the phrase, "not fair" around, but at the same time, it is not fair to those that invested in the new consoles.

The PS3 and 360 has or is reaching its limits. The new technology that the new consoles provide will give developers more flexibility to make a game in their vision, and not be held back. If Unity was to be cross generation, then many of the new features will either be reduced or taken out in order to stabilize the game on the old consoles. I am not sure if Ubisoft confirmed it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Watch_Dogs when it was delayed, in order for the developers to stabilize it.

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 08:48 AM
This is something that people should have seen coming since this happens all the time when new consoles are out. The difference is that the new console transition is faster than the PS3 and 360 era. I understand that it sucks for people who cannot afford the console, but it is just another sacrifice that has to be made in life. It is not like the consoles and Unity are in short supply. You will buy the console and game any time in its life cycle. People like to throw the phrase, "not fair" around, but at the same time, it is not fair to those that invested in the new consoles.

The PS3 and 360 has or is reaching its limits. The new technology that the new consoles provide will give developers more flexibility to make a game in their vision, and not be held back. If Unity was to be cross generation, then many of the new features will either be reduced or taken out in order to stabilize the game on the old consoles. I am not sure if Ubisoft confirmed it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for Watch_Dogs when it was delayed, in order for the developers to stabilize it.

That was most likely the case in Watch Dogs seeing as with the PC version all they did was lazily remove the options from the in game menu but left all the shaders and files necessary to make the game look like the e3 demo which is already become wide spread with the PC players.

joelsantos24
07-23-2014, 10:38 AM

I also don't believe fairness should be in question here, although, I do believe these systems are way too expensive. I mean, buying something like a PS4 for more than 400€ is ridiculous, even more, when you realize that's about the minimum wage in some countries. The irony is, if they reduced the prices in 100-150€, they'd sell far more than they already do. The problema is, they're still doing ok in sales, since many people here in Portugal, for instance, often choose to pay with a benefit plan, that is, paying 100€ for four months rather than 400€ in one payment.

Like I said before, I'm not gonna dwelve into the circumstances of like, that's far too complicated and sad to be speaking about it right now. And saving money in order to buy consoles is just ridiculous, unless you're a kid with no relevant responsibilities in life, because most people save it for that which matters most, the well-being and social/financial security of their families.

Anyway, I do think there are better ways to address this subject, rather than saying something like "if you're poor, then ****ing quit gaming because it isn't for you".

legacy_neworder
07-23-2014, 12:06 PM
if you don't have a PS4, maybe you can get the PC version?

SHADOWGARVIN
07-23-2014, 12:12 PM
if you don't have a PS4, maybe you can get the PC version?

A good gaming pc is even more expensive than a console. A good one that is. Of course you have cheaper pc's, but you need certain specs to play these type of games on pc.

Crouching.Tiger
07-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Even if we ignore the new kickass engine and other stuff that will be far awesomer than anything we've seen so far, last-gen consoles simply don't have enough power to make the game world seamless. And what word would Alex Amancio and the gang then use to describe the gameplay experience in every single video and interview?

MasterAssasin84
07-23-2014, 12:20 PM

Assassins Creed unity will not run on the PS3 .

It has been designed and built for the next generation, people are lambasting ubisoft for failing to bring unity to the last generation but i guess the question do you want an inferior game ?

joelsantos24
07-23-2014, 01:13 PM
A good gaming pc is even more expensive than a console. A good one that is. Of course you have cheaper pc's, but you need certain specs to play these type of games on pc.
I think that consoles need to evolve as PC's do. It will get to a point where it will just sound silly to buy a new console every 7-10 years. I believe it's almost inevitable, for the gaming technology to evolve to a point where you can just upgrade the fundamental platform, instead of replacing the whole system all together.

Farlander1991
07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
I think that consoles need to evolve as PC's do. It will get to a point where it will just sound silly to buy a new console every 7-10 years. I believe it's almost inevitable, for the gaming technology to evolve to a point where you can just upgrade the fundamental platform, instead of replacing the whole system all together.

As a PC user I can safely say that buying a console every 7 years is cheaper than regularly maintaining a gaming PC (which is one of the reasons why I actually haven't regularly maintained it).

Also, console's fixed hardware is a great advantage for the developers and console users alike.

When working with consoles, developers know precisely what they're working with, while PCs are a whole bunch of unknown variables. Look at The Last of Us, for example. The game looks simply stunning, and that's because the developers became very experienced with the platform and knew how to get every juice out of it.

Sometimes people say that PS4 is "just" the same configuration as an average gaming PC. Technically, that's true. But what also is true, is that same average gaming PC won't be able to handle games the same way a PS4 does. The most simple reason being, a lot of processing power goes for things that are not just the game, the whole OS and everything else that's going on in a PC, you need a rig more powerful than a PS4 to run the game as a PS4 would. And even then, the developers won't be able to take the best advantage of the system, because they simply don't know what the system may be.

Multiplatform titles are a little trickier than console exclusives, but they still have got the same advantage - developers know what they're working with, and as they get experience they learn how to get the best out of it.

And when the player gets a game for a console, they know it's going to work. It's a smoother gaming experience that's going to be diminished if consoles all become highly customizable, because then things like optimization and everything are just going to become a big mess.

joelsantos24
07-23-2014, 02:22 PM
As a PC user I can safely say that buying a console every 7 years is cheaper than regularly maintaining a gaming PC (which is one of the reasons why I actually haven't regularly maintained it).

Also, console's fixed hardware is a great advantage for the developers and console users alike.

When working with consoles, developers know precisely what they're working with, while PCs are a whole bunch of unknown variables. Look at The Last of Us, for example. The game looks simply stunning, and that's because the developers became very experienced with the platform and knew how to get every juice out of it.

Sometimes people say that PS4 is "just" the same configuration as an average gaming PC. Technically, that's true. But what also is true, is that same average gaming PC won't be able to handle games the same way a PS4 does. The most simple reason being, a lot of processing power goes for things that are not just the game, the whole OS and everything else that's going on in a PC, you need a rig more powerful than a PS4 to run the game as a PS4 would. And even then, the developers won't be able to take the best advantage of the system, because they simply don't know what the system may be.

Multiplatform titles are a little trickier than console exclusives, but they still have got the same advantage - developers know what they're working with, and as they get experience they learn how to get the best out of it.

And when the player gets a game for a console, they know it's going to work. It's a smoother gaming experience that's going to be diminished if consoles all become highly customizable, because then things like optimization and everything are just going to become a big mess.
I understand that applying to consoles the same principles of PC upgrading, may be somewhat messy, but it doesn't necessarily have to be so.

Let's say you have a gaming system, with well known and defined hardware and software versions and specifications. System hardware and software upgrades and updates, would be available at specific times/cycles, much like new consoles are released into the market these days. In between those cycles, the gamers woudn't have the means to upgrade or update their systems, because these simply wouldn't be available. Consider the upgrades/updates as the releasing of new concoles, except you wouldn't need to replace your entire system. That way, the developers would know exactly what they were working with, and you'd have the advantage of not spending a huge amount of money on an entirely new system.

The future of gaming may not turn out exactly this way, granted, but it would give us, the consumers, a possibility that didn't involve spending rivers of money on gaming systems, every 7 years or so.

pacmanate
07-23-2014, 02:26 PM

"I need a piss" does not imply me pissing aggressively :p

Farlander1991
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Consider the upgrades/updates as the releasing of new concoles, except you wouldn't need to replace your entire system.

I fail to see the advantage, as you'd still have to replace almost every part of the box anyway.

Hardware firmware and software updates are released regularly anyway, but firmware and software can't really provide any large kick to to the system. Parts need to be changed themselves. Motherboard, CPU, memory, graphics card. Possibly the only thing that would be left untouched is the hard drive.

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 04:21 PM
I also don't believe fairness should be in question here, although, I do believe these systems are way too expensive. I mean, buying something like a PS4 for more than 400 is ridiculous, even more, when you realize that's about the minimum wage in some countries. The irony is, if they reduced the prices in 100-150, they'd sell far more than they already do. The problema is, they're still doing ok in sales, since many people here in Portugal, for instance, often choose to pay with a benefit plan, that is, paying 100 for four months rather than 400 in one payment.

Like I said before, I'm not gonna dwelve into the circumstances of like, that's far too complicated and sad to be speaking about it right now. And saving money in order to buy consoles is just ridiculous, unless you're a kid with no relevant responsibilities in life, because most people save it for that which matters most, the well-being and social/financial security of their families.

Anyway, I do think there are better ways to address this subject, rather than saying something like "if you're poor, then ****ing quit gaming because it isn't for you".

Well first off -> Saving a quarter a day has virtually no effect in America which I was referring to mainly. I can still do exactly the same as I was doing putting such an insignificant amount up.

I mean seriously that just means I won't be buying a couple of sodas at work, on top of that I can still put up 100 more dollars and be fine.

So no it's not ridiculous for Americans. For Portuguese? Obviously different and I was clearly not even talking to you, I addressed the OP and you got your jimmies rustled.

Oh and btw for the bolded that sounds kinda contradictory doesn't it? You can't afford to save up for gaming but you do anyways? Why wouldn't you quit saving up for gaming if you can't afford to do so and have more important issues to deal with?

I've been in situations where I was saving up money for gaming but a situation occurred which made me use that money, which was fine, I used it for more important things, like car repairs or food and the like.

You'll excuse me if I continue to hold my ground, if I couldn't afford gaming I wouldn't do it, just like I COULD save up 6000 dollars and go rent a 2000 dollar house after paying security deposits and all that BUT I wouldn't be able to continually pay 2000 a month, so I don't do that, because I'd be broke and that money has to be spread around for me to buy food and other important things.

ze_topazio
07-23-2014, 04:41 PM
The future of gaming may not turn out exactly this way, granted, but it would give us, the consumers, a possibility that didn't involve spending rivers of money on gaming systems, every 7 years or so.

Spending money on a new console every 7 years is not bad, some people change cars more frequently, not to mention how many people buy new cellphones that cost double the price of the PS4 every few months, and I'm not talking about rich people, 400 euros is some good money, but if that machine can last you 7 years is not that bad of an investment, over a period of 7 years you would probably spend a lot more upgrading it once in a while.

Honestly, games are not a basic necessity, they don't have to make special prices and guarantee that every member of society has access to it, it's a luxury good.

joelsantos24
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Well first off -> Saving a quarter a day has virtually no effect in America which I was referring to mainly. I can still do exactly the same as I was doing putting such an insignificant amount up.

I mean seriously that just means I won't be buying a couple of sodas at work, on top of that I can still put up 100 more dollars and be fine.

So no it's not ridiculous for Americans. For Portuguese? Obviously different and I was clearly not even talking to you, I addressed the OP and you got your jimmies rustled.

Oh and btw for the bolded that sounds kinda contradictory doesn't it? You can't afford to save up for gaming but you do anyways? Why wouldn't you quit saving up for gaming if you can't afford to do so and have more important issues to deal with?

I've been in situations where I was saving up money for gaming but a situation occurred which made me use that money, which was fine, I used it for more important things, like car repairs or food and the like.

You'll excuse me if I continue to hold my ground, if I couldn't afford gaming I wouldn't do it, just like I COULD save up 6000 dollars and go rent a 2000 dollar house after paying security deposits and all that BUT I wouldn't be able to continually pay 2000 a month, so I don't do that, because I'd be broke and that money has to be spread around for me to buy food and other important things.
Contradictory? First of all, I wasn't talking about myself, but merely about friends that I know and that can't afford to save that much for gaming anymore. Particularly, taking into consideration the ridiculous prices that are now practiced, regarding consoles and games.

I fail to see the advantage, as you'd still have to replace almost every part of the box anyway.

Hardware firmware and software updates are released regularly anyway, but firmware and software can't really provide any large kick to to the system. Parts need to be changed themselves. Motherboard, CPU, memory, graphics card. Possibly the only thing that would be left untouched is the hard drive.
I don't know about replacing every single part of the hardware. Obviously, it things would develop in those terms, I'd rather buy a new console all together. The natural advantage, would only reside in the possibility of upgrading merely some parts, not every single thing in the system.

Spending money on a new console every 7 years is not bad, some people change cars more frequently, not to mention how many people buy new cellphones that cost double the price of the PS4 every few months, and I'm not talking about rich people, 400 euros is some good money, but if that machine can last you 7 years is not that bad of an investment, over a period of 7 years you would probably spend a lot more upgrading it once in a while.

Honestly, games are not a basic necessity, they don't have to make special prices and guarantee that every member of society has access to it, it's a luxury good.
I've done so, ever since PS1. Fortunately, I've always had the possibility of buying every PS system, and regarding games, I only buy/play my favorite games/series. They're far too expensive, for me to spend around 70-100€ on whatever comes out. And I understand this cycle system, I strongly disagree with the prices (and you as a portuguese, know very well how expensive these things are for our people in general), but I understand it nonetheless.

I was talking to some friends the other day, and this subject was mentioned, particularly given the reminder of a past interview of someone in the gaming industry (can't remember whom exactly (but I'll research and attach the interview, if possible), referring that this new generation may well be the last generation of consoles, as we know them.

EDIT: Here it is, it was an article on Gamespot, with the views of many experts on the gaming industry, regarding the future or doom of the consoles (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/is-this-the-last-console-generation/1100-6418785/).

Sesheenku
07-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Contradictory? First of all, I wasn't talking about myself, but merely about friends that I know and that can't afford to save that much for gaming anymore. Particularly, taking into consideration the ridiculous prices that are now practiced, regarding consoles and games.

The subject of it was irrelevant as either way it seems contradictory.

In any case consoles are not expensive at all, the first video game console, the Magnavox Odyssey, was 76.61 dollars in 1972, which is equivalent to 434.40 dollars today, more than a PS4.

The original Playstation debuted at 300 dollars in 95 which in 2014 is equivalent to 467 dollars, then they adjusted it to inflation to 460 dollars in 1995 which today would be worth 716 dollars.

The only thing that's gone up is games but that's fair honestly, games are taking much longer to produce and taking much larger teams. The fault here is the industry, they spend too much on advertising and other crap when honestly, they could make a Youtube channel, pay nothing and advertise just as effectively.

In any case games still haven't gotten that much more expensive, a brand new PS2 game was 50 dollars and now games are 60 dollars.

Oh, fun fact, the Phillips CDi, debuted at 700 dollars in 1991, 1,219.24 dollars in 2014 then rose with inflation to 1,202 or 2,093.61 dollars in 2014 value.

So no consoles have not gotten more expensive, if anything they've gotten continually cheaper save for the first model of the PS3.

The prices have adjusted well with Americas and UK's less than great economy as of late which unfortunately doesn't translate well with all places.

joelsantos24
07-24-2014, 09:32 AM
The subject of it was irrelevant as either way it seems contradictory.

In any case consoles are not expensive at all, the first video game console, the Magnavox Odyssey, was 76.61 dollars in 1972, which is equivalent to 434.40 dollars today, more than a PS4.

The original Playstation debuted at 300 dollars in 95 which in 2014 is equivalent to 467 dollars, then they adjusted it to inflation to 460 dollars in 1995 which today would be worth 716 dollars.

The only thing that's gone up is games but that's fair honestly, games are taking much longer to produce and taking much larger teams. The fault here is the industry, they spend too much on advertising and other crap when honestly, they could make a Youtube channel, pay nothing and advertise just as effectively.

In any case games still haven't gotten that much more expensive, a brand new PS2 game was 50 dollars and now games are 60 dollars.
I'll just underline this, things are much, much different here in Europe, than you advertise. And so we go full circle, back at the beginning, your opinions lack the consideration for other people's circumstances. The prices are much higher here, but that's not all, how significant the prices are, depends on the level of life of a specific country.

Sesheenku
07-24-2014, 09:49 AM
I'll just underline this, things are much, much different here in Europe, than you advertise. And so we go full circle, back at the beginning, your opinions lack the consideration for other people's circumstances. The prices are much higher here, but that's not all, how significant the prices are, depends on the level of life of a specific country.

I did admit I am not entirely sure on prices, I know prices can be higher. Don't know a thing about Portugal but the EU is a big place of course.

In the end I merely stated a bit of patience and a very small amount of a pay check can be put up over time. Surely even the Portuguese can afford to put up less than 1% of their money.

Maybe in the end you might have to spend it before the new console comes out but that's life. Nobody can save money up and then never experience a situation where life demands that they spend it on something they didn't plan to spend it on but you can certainly try and saving some portion of money should be something everyone does anyways.

At the least whatever isn't used before the next paycheck.

RobertMcSassin
07-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Just thought I'd say to those struggling to save/justify the money for a PS4...Last year was my 40th birthday, and I just had everyone give whatever they would have spent buying "Stuff", and just simply put it in a tin labeled "PS4"...Add the small, random amounts that I could squirrel away, and that was the ONLY way I was able to afford one...It worked...I have one...Yes, my son uses it far more than me, but that's not the point...

The point is...If you're struggling to afford one, use everyone else's gift money instead!... :D ...

Disclaimer: I understand that not everyone can do this, it's just a suggestion and I'm absolutely not bragging just...Y'know...Adding to the discussion...

RenoRex1995
07-24-2014, 03:12 PM
I bought my PS3 just last year, at a very reasonable price. (Less than 300USD in my region) As well as AC1 to AC3 at a price of less than 7USD per one.
Before that, I used to watch YouTube gameplay videos.
I know I'm very late to the gaming world and I've missed so many great moments (the exciting moment when a brand new game arrives at your home), but I don't think being late to play games is unfair or not.
I still enjoy the gaming experience while playing every AC even if AC1 is already 7-year-old, and I've watched the whole gameplay for at least 5 to 6 times on YouTube.
(maybe just because I'm not so into multiplayer mode so I don't feel like missing anything important. )
Playing games later or earlier has no difference in gaming experience IMO.
Patience saves money. :)

Though I just get enough money (god I still remember those days that I had to eat 2USD meals everyday) and I'm going to buy a PS4...
I guess I've run out of patience.

And, sorry for any grammatical or spelling mistakes :p please correct me if I made any (really need to improve my English)

pacmanate
07-24-2014, 03:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aXk9X90.gif

SHADOWGARVIN
07-24-2014, 04:41 PM

Haha!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-24-2014, 04:51 PM

Lol epic fail!

ze_topazio
07-24-2014, 05:10 PM

I remember in 16 bits era games around this parts cost around 70 euros, taking inflation in to consideration that would be something like 100 euros or more today, prices dropped down quite considerably in the 32/64 and 128 bits eras, and now they went up a bit.

One needs to know where to buy games, on physical stores games cost around 60 euros but in online stores, where I usually buy my games, the more expensive ones cost around 40 euros, sometimes 50, many cost around 30, for example, GTA V in a certain physical store costs 69.99 euros, in the online store I use more frequently it costs 39,99 euros, I actually bought my GTA V by the price of 29.90, but that was a special offer.