PDA

View Full Version : A cool way to do modern day (IMO)

Kiltraki
07-21-2014, 10:35 AM
I think a really cool way they could do the modern day is to let us create our own character, customise how he/she looks and how they perform (skill trees). I feel like this would be pretty cool because a lot of people (including myself) want an awesome third person modern day experience. However, I think an awesome way to set up the modern day would be to have a mini open world, with different activities. The size of this open world would obviously be smaller than the ancestors world, cause the majority of the game takes place there, but having a small sized open world (think the size of Freedom Cry's world) would be a nice change in visual aesthetics. You could be underground with Rebecca, Shaun, William and Gavin, with the latter two training you in combat, stealth and navigation. Their final challenge could be to beat both of them in a fist fight (they would be quite tough) and if you beat them you would be welcomed to the Brotherhood. You would do practise fights against them, and the training experience would be similar to AC2 with Ezio. You could do a number of other activities as well, whether it be infiltrating Abstergo headquarters and retrieving confidential files or diving deep into the in-game internet in search of people to recruit and to slander the Abstergo name in social media. Some weapons could be fists, a close range tazor, a baton and a silenced pistol but with limited ammo to promote stealth and melee play.

What do you guys think? Hopefully the devs can see this and take some ideas if this is well received :)

king-hailz
07-21-2014, 11:04 AM
If they carry on the idea that we are the protagonist. Then this is much better than what they did in black flag... and 1 billion times better than what they are going to do with ACU. However if they are going to return to a 3rd person character, I'd rather have one that is part of the story that they give like galena. Or someone else.

But your idea for the game play is awesome like the semi open world and the skill tree.

Shame I doubt it will ever happen. After this in ACU it will be hard for them to have a reason to go back to a modern day character in 3rd person.

LoyalACFan
07-21-2014, 11:05 AM
That would be a HELL of a lot of work on the devs' part for an aspect of the game that has an ever-shrinking fanbase, though. Even the die-hard, rabid fans on the forums are divided on whether or not the modern day should continue, and most everyone I've spoken with outside the AC forum itself doesn't really care about it anymore (if they ever did in the first place).

Logistically, the problem with creating a really deep modern day portion is that it would essentially be two games in one. Relatively speaking, there aren't that many assets they can reuse from the core historical part and still maintain the quality; if they just copy-paste the mechanics from the Animus segment we get a disaster like the AC3 Abstergo mission.

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I'd rather have one that is part of the story that they give like galena.

A female modern day lead would slice all the QQs in half. I dig it.

Kiltraki
07-21-2014, 01:34 PM
That would be a HELL of a lot of work on the devs' part for an aspect of the game that has an ever-shrinking fanbase, though. Even the die-hard, rabid fans on the forums are divided on whether or not the modern day should continue, and most everyone I've spoken with outside the AC forum itself doesn't really care about it anymore (if they ever did in the first place).

Logistically, the problem with creating a really deep modern day portion is that it would essentially be two games in one. Relatively speaking, there aren't that many assets they can reuse from the core historical part and still maintain the quality; if they just copy-paste the mechanics from the Animus segment we get a disaster like the AC3 Abstergo mission.

Yea you are right. I'm keeping my hopes that one day maybe with an AC with 4 years of development they may incorporate this idea, but honestly I think with Unity you'll probably just interact with the animus interface, which is cool but meh I dunno just isn't that exciting.