PDA

View Full Version : Galina Voronina?

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Isn't anybody else at slightly depressed or upset that we won't get to play as her or anybody for 3rd person? Judging from what we've seen on initiates, she seems like a badass and the most likely candidate to be the Next "Desmond" of some sort. But atlas, I guess we're still stuck as "Us" in the Modern Day.

What do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm not.

Galina looks boring.

Had enough of 'badass' women from recent Hollywood movies TBH.

would be fine with another lady or dude tho.

wvstolzing
07-19-2014, 10:13 PM
I certainly am.

Judging by discussions on the forums re: the recent turn they've taken with the present day story, I think there are plenty of others who feel frustrated.

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Never heard of, is it some kind of ballet dancer?

Edit:

initiates

Ah

Megas_Doux
07-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Meh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Initiates is a secluded world in which forgotten plots of the main games are left to die and its own ideas never see the light, cough , cough, Otso Berg, cough, cough.....

Ureh
07-19-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not worried that we won't get to play as her, but I hope we at least get to meet her (and the rest of the crew of course).

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not.

Galina looks boring.

I disagree......I think she's quite interesting from what we've seen like killing her sister and the Russian Brotherhood with no remorse or learning her skills quickly from her "Ancestors". Something that was only done by Desmond......but to each it's own I guess. I just personally think she looks more entertaining than "Me" sitting on my couch as the MD protagonist.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:21 PM
As long as she's not a generic sassy badass like catwoman in Dark knight rises or Black Widow in Avengers i'll be fine.

But it is a better option than playing as "me" I suppose.

GunnerGalactico
07-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm not.

Galina looks boring.

I don't have a problem with tough female characters. I don't particularly like "damsel in distress" type female characters.

I'm a little frustrated that we don't get to play as a third person character. However, I don't miss it that much. I think we might play as Galina in the near future... if Ubi decides to focus on the Juno saga.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:24 PM
It's not tough I have a problem with. It's sassy tough badass trope I'm sick of the most, really. I don't mind tough peeps like Triss, Nilin, Faith or Samus who are tough but don't flaunt it off. Lara croft isnt like that either but she's kind of annoying at times for another reason TBH

I don't know Galina very well but as long as she's not generic hollywood badass then I'll be fine.

Xstantin
Or she might get pushed aside in audio files with frantic breathing and meaningful pauses like Subject 1, Vidic and other modern-day related stuff in Black Flag.

Jexx21
Meh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Initiates is a secluded world in which forgotten plots of the main games are left to die and its own ideas never see the light, cough , cough, Otso Berg, cough, cough.....
actually those plots are barely touched by Initiates, Initiates comes up with it's own new plotlines and such.

VoXngola
07-19-2014, 10:26 PM
I'd like to play her if you know what I mean.

No really, I want them to return to the Desmond type of main characters, let us play as Voronina, or even as Otso Berg. I remember theories coming up after AC3's release where people said that Otso would be our next protagonist.

It would be interesting, to say the least. Just please, go back to that old style. It makes me happy that many people feel the same way.

GunnerGalactico
07-19-2014, 10:28 PM
As long as she's not a generic sassy badass like catwoman in Dark knight rises or Black Widow in Avengers i'll be fine.

But it is a better option than playing as "me" I suppose.

Female characters don't necessarily have to be like sassy femme fatales. I'm talking about sharp and clever-witted characters, like Angelina Jolie's character in Salt.

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:29 PM
It's not tough I have a problem with. It's sassy tough badass trope I'm sick of the most, really. I don't mind tough peeps like Triss, Nilin, Faith or Samus who are tough but don't flaunt it off. Lara croft isnt like that either but she's kind of annoying at times for another reason TBH

I don't know Galina very well but as long as she's not generic hollywood badass then I'll be fine.

Agreed!:D

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:30 PM
Eh, sassy and sharp/clever-witted kind of go hand and hand. And it gets a bit overplayed IMO. But I never seen Salt.

I would like to see more personality types other than sassy clever badass and shy vulnerable cutie. ( i tend to see most of these in Anime though.)

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2014, 10:33 PM
gurls r ghey

dey hav cewties

Namikaze_17
I'd like to play her if you know what I mean.

No really, I want them to return to the Desmond type of main characters, let us play as Voronina, or even as Otso Berg. I remember theories coming up after AC3's release where people said that Otso would be our next protagonist.

It would be interesting, to say the least. Just please, go back to that old style. It makes me happy that many people feel the same way.

I've heard of him.....and his skills are off the Charts!!!! I wonder if he was a member of the brotherhood at one time, or has any "special" ancestors in his bloodline?

JustPlainQuirky
Grils shdnt bee n mi viddy gaems

GunnerGalactico
07-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Eh, sassy and sharp/clever-witted kind of go hand and hand. And it gets a bit overplayed IMO. But I never seen Salt.

I would like to see more personality types other than sassy clever badass and shy vulnerable cutie. ( i tend to see most of these in Anime though.)

Evelyn Salt isn't anything like that. She doesn't act flirty or cute with snappy dialogue. The best way to describe her is: she is the female version of Jason Bourne.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:36 PM
I don't know who Jason Bourne is but I'll take your word for it.

I trust in Ubi anyway. I feared Mary Read would be a generic sassy badass but they handled her fairly well. Especially when she was disguised as James Kidd. Got a bit ehh when she revealed herself though, but not by much.

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I would like to see more personality types other than sassy clever badass and shy vulnerable cutie. ( i tend to see most of these in Anime though.)[/QUOTE]

Tsunade & Hinata Anybody?

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Grils shdnt bee n mi viddy gaems

c

dis gurl gits et

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Namikaze, don't get me started on the female characters in Naruto.

All of them are pieces of sh!t.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Ino's hot though

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Namikaze, don't get me started on the female characters in Naruto.

All of them are pieces of sh!t.

Except Konan.......

*Crosses Arms*

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Konan was nothing but a tool. She would stab a baby if Nagato commanded.

But better than a tool than generic badass I suppose.

@jexx

ehh..I find Mei more attractive :p

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Ino's hot though

But weak as hell.......I prefer Konan.

GunnerGalactico
07-19-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't know who Jason Bourne is but I'll take your word for it.

I trust in Ubi anyway. I feared Mary Read would be a generic sassy badass but they handled her fairly well. Especially when she was disguised as James Kidd. Got a bit ehh when she revealed herself though, but not by much.

What!? You haven't watched any of the Bourne movies?

Anyways, I like Mary Read. She certainly wasn't a generic female character. I like female characters that are tough, strong and independent . I thought Shao Jun was pretty cool too, I wish she had her own game.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 10:46 PM
i like blondes and purple...

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:47 PM
@gunner

I love Shao Jun. She felt unique.

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Mayrice;10108239]Konan was nothing but a tool. She would stab a baby if Nagato commanded.

But better than a tool than generic badass I suppose.

But that was only because she was broken over what happened to them as Nagato was really the only person she had left.
But she's really a genius as she came up with that strategy that WOULD'VE killed Obito if he didn't use Izanagi.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:50 PM
But she killed so many trees, Namikaze. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 10:56 PM
But she killed so many trees, Namikaze. :rolleyes:

True........but I still love her though!!!! Besides, it's not as bad as Naruto who uses the Wind to charge up a rasengan.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't want to talk about Naruto anymore. Not after he turned into Jesus Christ. :mad:

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I don't want to talk about Naruto anymore. Not after he turned into Jesus Christ. :mad:

Ah, yes that......well back to the topic I suppose.

Megas_Doux
07-19-2014, 11:00 PM
I wonder what or who happened to the thread.......

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 11:18 PM
I wonder what or who happened to the thread.......

What do you mean???

Megas_Doux
07-19-2014, 11:31 PM
What do you mean???

Well ,the thread went to a AC initiates character to a Naruto discussion....

Back in the topic, Voronina´s story seem very interesting, but Initiates is its own world and I dont think she will see the "light" of the main games.

Namikaze_17
07-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Well ,the thread went to a AC initiates character to a Naruto discussion....

Back in the topic, Voronina´s story seem very interesting, but Initiates is its own world and I dont think she will see the "light" of the main games.

Oh, sorry about that.....I guess that's the forums......something serious can turn into something silly, and vice versa.
But Galina? I guess you could be right......but I just don't want AC to end with "me" finishing the story.

"LOOK AT ME EVERYONE! I BEAT JUNO AND SAVED THE WORLD!!!"

Millions of others say the same...

Xstantin
07-20-2014, 12:05 AM

Wasn't there something like that in ACIII Juno dialogues when TWCB tried to wish away things using crowds, they wanted to do some kind of experiment about the solar flare, I think. Players unite sitting in front of their screens hoping to shut down Juno...

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 12:11 AM
Hmm, reminds me of that Tibetan Bhuddist concept of the Tulpa effect. Willing things into existence.

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Wasn't there something like that in ACIII Juno dialogues when TWCB tried to wish away things using crowds, they wanted to do some kind of experiment about the solar flare, I think. Players unite sitting in front of their screens hoping to shut down Juno...

That sounds ridiculous honestly...imagine standing in front of your TV? Trying to stop Juno......haha.

Idiots......

Xstantin
07-20-2014, 12:14 AM
I wasn't being serious, but modern day could pretty much go in any direction at this point.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Actually the way I imagine it it's more like you would pull Juno's data into a simulated Animus environment and you would use the tools you gained from playing through Arno's life to destroy Juno.

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 12:21 AM
I wasn't being serious, but modern day could pretty much go in any direction at this point.

Desmond is revived somehow to have sex with Galina so they have a child that stops Juno in the Future.
Boom!

I-Like-Pie45
07-20-2014, 12:22 AM
base the new MD off of the novel Glamorama

Xstantin
07-20-2014, 12:23 AM
@Jexx, after playing Watch_Dogs I thought it would be neat if Juno could infect the Animuses/Animi similarly to digital trips.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 12:28 AM
@Jexx, after playing Watch_Dogs I thought it would be neat if Juno could infect the Animuses/Animi similarly to digital trips.
would be neat. Then we find a way to pull her in and kill her simulated body and delete her data

king-hailz
07-20-2014, 01:37 PM
@gunner

I love Shao Jun. She felt unique.

I REALLY wanted galina to be the person we played as... but I know what you mean... I don't want a 'hero' I want a human! You want someone who has actual problems. But I mean her entire family is dead... she has nothing left... so she might be very interesting. ..

Kakuzu745
07-20-2014, 05:21 PM
I prefer them to focus on the assassin story...could not care less about who we play in modern day and actually playing as myself was not bad at all for me.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 05:23 PM
they never will put all their focus on the modern day

but an overarching modern day narrative is nice.

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 10:31 PM
I guess everyone is right when it comes to the focus being the modern day story itself. But the thought of playing as "me" just doesn't get me as hyped as opposed to playing as a character I like. ( I.e Desmond)
And the focus? Ubi has never put the focus on the aspect on the main character but what's around him/her.

Megas_Doux
07-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Oh, sorry about that.....I guess that's the forums......something serious can turn into something silly, and vice versa.
But Galina? I guess you could be right......but I just don't want AC to end with "me" finishing the story.

"LOOK AT ME EVERYONE! I BEAT JUNO AND SAVED THE WORLD!!!"

I agree with you, problem is that after AC III´s ending Ubi has NOT been able to create a new arc in which the modern story is worth more than the "you will be playing yourself" thing.....Initiates has introduced some cool ideas, to bad those wont ever see the light.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 10:43 PM
says who

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 10:57 PM
I agree with you, problem is that after AC III´s ending Ubi has NOT been able to create a new arc in which the modern story is worth more than the "you will be playing yourself" thing.....Initiates has introduced some cool ideas, to bad those wont ever see the light.

You may never know friend.....but we shall see.

Megas_Doux
07-20-2014, 11:06 PM
says who

Initiates is its own world, one that begun as a pretty "exclusive" thing few randomly had access to. I know it does not sound "right", but I remember a podcast in which Ashraf Ismail said in regards to a question involving Otso Berg and the initiates plot before the release of AC IV that "AC world is so vast and interesting, too bad we just dont have time and resources to explore it at its full In the main games, we have other ideas and plans for the future, etc etc etc"

And considering that nothing "exclusive" of that site has been used in AC III and AC IV.......

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Initiates is its own world, one that begun as a pretty "exclusive" thing few randomly had access to. I know it does not sound "right", but I remember a podcast in which Ashraf Ismail said in regards to a question involving Otso Berg and the initiates plot before the release of AC IV that "AC world is so vast and interesting, too bad we just dont have time and resources to explore it at its full In the main games, we have other ideas and plans for the future, etc etc etc"

And considering that nothing "exclusive" of that site has been used in AC III and AC IV.......
Still, says who?

Anything can change.

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 11:23 PM
I also dont want Galina because her character design is boring and I'm picky like that.

Shahkulu101
07-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Mayrice do you store your flatulence in a jar and take a whiff every so often

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 11:30 PM
No. Is that common in your culture? :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 11:33 PM
I also dont want Galina because her character design is boring and I'm picky like that.

Her "Character Design" has only been Drawings......it's too soon to actually determine if she looks boring or not.
But I must admit, her clothes do come off as plain.

JustPlainQuirky
07-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah I mean she just looks like a generic design of some OC in any fanfiction ever. So if they re-design her clothes in the very least I'd be a bit more accepting. :p

Namikaze_17
07-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Yeah I mean she just looks like a generic design of some OC in any fanfiction ever. So if they re-design her clothes in the very least I'd be a bit more accepting. :p

True.....she kinda does resemble a fanfiction OC kinda. But I'm still willing to give her a shot.

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Orelov got a makeover render and that was just for Assassin line up thing on Facebook.

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Nikolai's render design hardly looks different from his original tho

Shahkulu101
07-21-2014, 12:13 AM
I want to read the fall.

Is it good?

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:14 AM
I wanted to read it too.

But I couldn't find it illegally online.

So I didn't bother.

rickprog
07-21-2014, 12:14 AM
I'd be happy to get Galina or Gavin as the main character on modern day. We don't really know if it will happen down the road, since Initiates came out around AC3 and AC4 must have been almost done by then in terms of storyline. What I mean is only two games have passed (including Unity) since Initiates started, so I think there's the chance we'll have one of the modern day assassins as the protagonist on a future game. Fingers crossed.

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 12:17 AM
I think apstore has The Fall for a dollar or something like that. Not that expensive.

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:18 AM
I don't have a touch device. Nor do I have an itunes/appstore account or whatever. Can't be bothered.

Namikaze_17
07-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I've personally always wanted to read the fall/ the chain.......but I don't know where to find them.

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:25 AM
http://imgur.com/a/wKiVR Oh would you look at that.

First thing that showed up on google.

Too bad I'm too lazy to read it. Hngh.

Ureh
07-21-2014, 12:34 AM
Ubiworkshop let everyone read all three issues of the Fall and the Chain. But they removed it last year. :(

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:36 AM
A bit off topic, but now that we're discussing AC comics I would love an alt costume of Nikolai Orlov and Arbaaz Mir.

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 12:42 AM
^ Do some recolors :D

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Whadaya mean, yo

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 12:47 AM
Well, take his sketch and then photobash some things on it, like the guy with ACV western leak did.

JustPlainQuirky
07-21-2014, 12:53 AM
In time, my dear boy. -u-

Namikaze_17
07-21-2014, 01:03 AM
Can we get back on topic please?

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 01:06 AM
There, I made him wear a glorious nutcracker thing.

http://i.imgur.com/MOgJeVx.png

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Isn't that Connor's colonial "nutcracker" outfit that never made it into the final version of the game? lol

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I think it's in game though as DLC or something.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-21-2014, 01:16 AM
OIC. It made him look like one tough solider lol

Xstantin
07-21-2014, 01:19 AM
AC wiki people always do mashups with Ghost Recon, Hitman and other things. I guess it's just takes time to do it properly.

On topic anyway, Galina chick definitely needs something to develop still.

Sesheenku
07-21-2014, 07:15 AM
Depressed? No.

There's actual worthwhile things I could be depressed about and I'm not depressed about those either. Couldn't care less that I can't play as her.

What they've done with the modern day SOUNDS like it sucks but hey, nothing can be done except expressing our distaste for it if it indeed turns out to be distasteful.

Namikaze_17
07-21-2014, 10:16 PM
I literally don't mean "depressed" I really mean disappointed or something......sorry for the choice of words......lol.
And the Modern day? I guess I'm with you there.