PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity GAME Q&A! (Alex Amancio)

king-hailz
07-19-2014, 04:32 AM
So I guess there is some new info. However the e3 demo is also played differently, you can see Paris and civilian animations more.

Also look out for the soundtracks... They used like 3 of them here... I like the first and 3rd one but I hate the second one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rko-ottQm2U

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 04:36 AM
Already posted in another thread, but really glad it got its own thread.

Confirmed a few things. Some good, some bad.
-no horse or carriage riding.
-no ship sailing. only one small body of water (Seine)
-Altair and Ezio will be referenced. Connor deliberately not confirmed/denied
-no guillotine assassinations

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 05:07 AM
I'm noticing that this game seems to have a ton of assassination animations, which is awesome. Even the low-profile one he does right before slamming the old dude up against the bookshelf is different than the one in the official gameplay trailer, and I've seen at least four different high-profile ones and two different double ones.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Nice interview! Good questions.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Somebody needs to ask exactly what gear items are customizable...

HDinHB
07-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Already posted in another thread, but really glad it got its own thread.

Confirmed a few things. Some good, some bad.
-no horse or carriage riding.
Awwww... :(

-no ship sailing. only one small body of water (Seine)
Swimming?

-Altair and Ezio will be referenced. Connor deliberately not confirmed/denied
Ezio has a bigger point than Arno... :o

He hinted that there would be some surprises related to tombs but not tombs. Mmmmmm, tombs.

"...our parkour system is a lot more fun to play..."

<Swoon>

I like Alex, but I think he could use a haircut.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 05:51 AM
I guess carriage riding IS being saved for the templar game. :rolleyes:

HDinHB
07-19-2014, 06:33 AM
I guess carriage riding IS being saved for the templar game. :rolleyes:

Maybe in Templar's Greed: Ben-Hur we will get chariot racing.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Templar's Greed is such an awkward title though

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Templar's Will is better. Or Templar's Order. Or one more I forgot that was a really good one. :cool:

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Excellent answers all around! I'm very happy about the decision to go for a more fun parkour system as that is something I've been wanting forever. Hopefully it will be sufficiently interactive, so it's not just a "technical" overhaul.

Perfect reasoning when it comes to horses imo. It also gives them a chance to focus 100% on getting the parkour spot on. In AC3 they bit off more than they could chew, which resulted in a lot of things feeling undercooked. AC:U seems much more focused (one city, one mode of transport). Since I bet there are a ton of difficult tech problems associated with switching gens this is very smart imo.

Just stay the course, focus on the pillars and don't be tempted by fans wanting everything ;)!

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Nice interview.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm noticing that this game seems to have a ton of assassination animations, which is awesome. Even the low-profile one he does right before slamming the old dude up against the bookshelf is different than the one in the official gameplay trailer, and I've seen at least four different high-profile ones and two different double ones.

This. Really excited that they are using more than one animation for each hidden blade assassination.

wvstolzing
07-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Templar's Greed is such an awkward title though

Didn't one of the GTAs have a mission called 'Assassin's Greed'? Meant as a joke, obviously.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 11:59 AM
No, it was an achievement, if you completed all the payphone contracts.

ladosefan
07-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Somebody needs to ask exactly what gear items are customizable...

Boots,gloves,belt,hood,shirt and weapons

VoXngola
07-19-2014, 02:57 PM
You can seamlessly seamless, but of course we also allow you to seamless seamlessly.

In all seriousness though, this was a great interview!

Kakuzu745
07-19-2014, 03:13 PM
So many good things confirmed...love the direction Amancio is giving to the game.

Dome500
07-19-2014, 03:27 PM
Templar's Will is better. Or Templar's Order. Or one more I forgot that was a really good one. :cool:

Would really be cool to have a spin-off on the AC franchise where you play a Templar in every game. Something like the counterpart to the AC games.

As for the interview: Nice one. I really LIKE Amancio...

roostersrule2
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Good interview.

Amancio needs his Ezio beard back.

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Most of this probably won't be present in the final game.

Bashilir
07-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Most of this probably won't be present in the final game.

Only 4 months away from release? I would think by now most of the features mentioned in the Q&A are finalized. Still don't understand this all-time-cynical-thought-process on here.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien both told us young folks to not be cynical.

SixKeys
07-19-2014, 06:02 PM
His reply to the tombs/lairs question makes me think they won't be the same as in the Ezio games. He talks about the seamlessness of going into buildings and therefore not having the need for "special moments" like the tombs. If he's just talking about not having them as separate missions but rather something you can do on the fly when passing through the Notre Dame for instance, that's fine. But the way he talks about them makes me think there won't be any platforming puzzles per se, which is a shame.

Shahkulu101
07-19-2014, 06:05 PM
I expect it to be "Find Nostradamus pages in Paris' landmarks".

And by find they mean walk up to the icon on the mini-map. Probably put a few on high ledges for 'variety'.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 06:06 PM
^They said something about quests/collectibles linked to Nostradamus (if I'm not mistaken), maybe the tomb concept related to that somehow.

SixKeys
07-19-2014, 06:14 PM
I just really miss the puzzles and mysteries in AC. :( Pulling levers, finding glyphs, secret passages etc. Always made you feel like part of a grand mystery because who the hell designed all those contraptions?? The ones in AC4 were boring.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I think there will definitely be puzzles. They are bringing the series back to the urban environment and are going back to the roots of the series. They are including sewers and catacombs. I would expect some puzzles to be in there.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I think Arkham City is the model here - plenty enough puzzles, but all part of the world.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 06:22 PM
I agree with Locopells, that seems to be what they're going for.

SixKeys
07-19-2014, 06:23 PM
The puzzles in Arkham were terrible though. At least I can't remember any besides the Riddler trophy ones.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 06:28 PM
oh.

I liked those puzzles.

But we were referring to the way you can do them in the game map itself and not the actual mechanics of the puzzles.

ACfan443
07-19-2014, 06:28 PM
His reply to the tombs/lairs question makes me think they won't be the same as in the Ezio games. He talks about the seamlessness of going into buildings and therefore not having the need for "special moments" like the tombs. If he's just talking about not having them as separate missions but rather something you can do on the fly when passing through the Notre Dame for instance, that's fine. But the way he talks about them makes me think there won't be any platforming puzzles per se, which is a shame.

I raised the same question in the other thread but was assured by other members that it wouldn't be the case, that the platforming missions will be present but will take a more 'seamless' form. However I'm still confused about the "we don't have to create special moments" thing, I was hoping he would elaborate on that a little since it makes it sound like they'll be simplified and won't have that 'deep underground' dynamic aspect.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 06:35 PM
to be fair, I never felt like the platforming puzzles in AC were really puzzles. they always spelled everything out for you.

really hated the forced camera angles they would have too

I hope the forced camera angles are not present

Hans684
07-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I raised the same question in the other thread but was assured by other members that it wouldn't be the case, that the platforming missions will be present but will take a more 'seamless' form. However I'm still confused about the "we don't have to create special moments" thing, I was hoping he would elaborate on that a little since it makes it sound like they'll be simplified and won't have that 'deep underground' dynamic aspect.

The moments is still going to be special, it's just that they no longer need to create a mission for it. You can do while seamlessly exploring such places.

wvstolzing
07-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I think Arkham City is the model here - plenty enough puzzles, but all part of the world.

That sounds awesome; but how did you infer that from what he had to say?

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 06:57 PM
My thinking is that the might hide loot at hard to reach places inside the landmarks. Like say at the top inside the Notre Dame. Then to reach it there could still be gameplay similar to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puis2-_EWN8

They may also expand on AC3's tunnels and secret platforming "levels" in the catacombs, which are entered seamlessly. With a fresh parkour system it would be a shame if there weren't any platforming inviting bits to take full advantage of it.

I just really miss the puzzles and mysteries in AC. :( Pulling levers, finding glyphs, secret passages etc. Always made you feel like part of a grand mystery because who the hell designed all those contraptions?? The ones in AC4 were boring.

Agreed! Love this Da Vinci code kind of stuff in AC!

Locopells
07-19-2014, 07:03 PM
That sounds awesome; but how did you infer that from what he had to say?

Speculation, pure and simple.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:09 PM
I really loved AC3's catacombs. Would be cool if that's how they did Unity's parkour platforming.

ACfan443
07-19-2014, 07:15 PM
The underground was horrendous, one of the low points of the franchise's side content.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 07:17 PM
^I thought tunnels had some cool moments.

ACfan443
07-19-2014, 07:21 PM
^I thought tunnels had some cool moments.

Unfortunately diluted by the mundane, seemingly endless meandering and torch lighting.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 07:24 PM
The underground was horrendous, one of the low points of the franchise's side content.

You didn't like the missions to get altair's armor, or the romulus missions? I thought those were great!

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
I thought the tunnels were alright, but I just wished we could've RAN X_X;;;

ACfan443
07-19-2014, 07:25 PM
You didn't like the missions to get altair's armor, or the romulus missions? I thought those were great!

No no, I'm talking about AC3's underground, I loved the AC2's and ACB's platforming missions.

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 07:26 PM

I agree with this. I'm not saying they should do the "slowly walk around in narrow tunnels"-bit. I'm thinking they could have underground levels similar in style to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2qYNT_yBw

You know some fairly wide areas, cool art etc, but underground. that you enter through the catacombs in some way. And then some rewards once you reach the end.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 07:31 PM
I hope there is some sort of ultimate armour like Altairs Armour in AC 2, Romulus in AC B etc. I also hope we get new armour or an upgrade / unlocks for completing certain stuff, kind of like in Watch Dogs where you get a reward for doing different types of side missions, collecting stuff etc.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately diluted by the mundane, seemingly endless meandering and torch lighting.
that's part of what made it so great and atmospheric. I thought it was quite amazing.

Some of my favorite things to do in AC games are just walk around.

killzab
07-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Lol he totally ignored Connor in that question !

It's more likely because Connor IS in the game and they can't talk about him yet. ( they might even make him the big twist of the game ( like Haytham was) which is kinda ironic in a way !)

BUT if he's not in the game, then that means they want to forget about him, like he's taboo !

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Lol he totally ignored Connor in that question !

It's more likely because Connor IS in the game and they can't talk about him yet. ( they might even make him the big twist of the game ( like Haytham was) which is kinda ironic in a way !)

BUT if he's not in the game, then that means they want to forget about him, like he's taboo !

Would be hilarious if it was because he's taboo. :rolleyes:

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Would be hilarious if it was because he's taboo. :rolleyes:

Connor would not be happy

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31800000/Assassin-s-Creed-3-the-assassins-31860478-500-281.gif

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Well, he didn't only avoid mentioning Connor. He didn't mention Edward or Aveline either.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 07:47 PM
The question mentioned edward and connor but not aveline.

I think its obvious edward wouldnt be mentioned. but Connor is a biggie cuz he was alive during that time :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 07:49 PM
The question mentioned edward and connor but not aveline.

I think its obvious edward wouldnt be mentioned. but Connor is a biggie cuz he was alive during that time :p

Very true, even though the question did ask about them just being mentioned and didn't have to show up in game per se..

Still, the way he avoided that makes me giggle :p

Megas_Doux
07-19-2014, 07:50 PM

A COMPLETE snoozefest, indeed.

I am crossing fingers the incoming catacombs and sewers are nothing like those tunnels in AC III.....

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:51 PM
So was Aveline.

Connor should be quite famous within the Order because he revived a sect of the Brotherhood that was practically dead and removed a thriving Templar presence.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:54 PM
A COMPLETE snoozefest, indeed.

I am crossing fingers the incoming catacombs and sewers are nothing like those tunnels in AC III.....

but... :(

they had such ambiance

*cries in a corner*

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 07:56 PM
I liked the tunnels in AC3.

But mainly because I got a close up of Haytham's and Connor's booties. :rolleyes:

And I guess nice ambience. lol.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 08:00 PM
I liked the tunnels in AC3.

But mainly because I got a close up of Haytham's and Connor's booties. :rolleyes:

And I guess nice ambience. lol.

Lolz..

I liked the ambiance too. :)

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Whenever we try to read too much into the devs wording it usually turns out they don't express themselves with nearly the level of precision we assume, in my experience :).

pacmanate
07-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Aveline should be famous. She touched a PoE that was shoved up a womans vajayjay

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Wait what?

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 10:17 PM
I think he's joking... more like I 'hope'

Ureh
07-19-2014, 10:28 PM
That thing was pretty big, like half the size of a watermelon. No way she put it there.

pacmanate
07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
That thing was pretty big, like half the size of a watermelon. No way she put it there.

She defo did, was heavily implied as they couldnt find it in her clothes.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 10:58 PM
wait wait wait what

what scene are you referencing

Ureh
07-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Oh right, I forgot about that line! Ah ha! xD :p

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
wait wait wait what

what scene are you referencing

Patience Gibbs' medallion thing.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Oh, that thing.

Yea I could easily buy that Patience would shove something up her ****** and/or anus.

She was flirting with Aveline a lot and she seems like that kind of person.

JustPlainQuirky
07-19-2014, 11:40 PM
WHAAAAAT

That's disgusting @-@

Ureh
07-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh right... I was thinking of the prophecy disk. :p

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2014, 11:42 PM
WHAAAAAT

That's disgusting @-@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HenZ4Z7w0qM