PDA

View Full Version : Could a third organization be in play this time around? THEORY

xxtonypunk96xx
07-18-2014, 07:21 PM
This is only speculative as there's no evidence to support this theory but what if isn't only the Templars pulling the strings this time around? What if a third faction, the one John from IT in AC4 belonged is the one behind it all? We were never told how long they've been around or how prominent they are in the AC universe. It would be interesting to finally see them in motion especially during the French Revolution considering this was a time when people rejected traditional ideas like that of religion, allowing groups like The Cult Of The Supreme Being to arise. It would a much needed diversity to same two clashing ideologies we've had for the past 6 games.

Kirokill
07-18-2014, 07:26 PM
There is this mysterious Erudito.

JustPlainQuirky
07-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Would be a nice change of pace for once, but I doubt it.

Especially since Arno said he was going after primarily templars in the trailer.

Ureh
07-19-2014, 12:42 AM
There could be, they might be the ones who inspired the creation of the Initiates. Or they could be the Initiates' predecessors.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 12:49 AM
I kind of doubt it since this game is being designed as a jumping-in point for new fans. No need to muddy the waters with another faction. If anything, they're more likely to be stressing the Assassin v. Templar war more than they have in any game since AC1.

And the Instruments of the First Will sound really contrived, I hope they've been contained to the modern part that I no longer care about :rolleyes:

rickprog
07-19-2014, 05:15 AM
There's still a lot that new fans will be missing, though. I guess they can catch up with the Assassins' traditions and the Assassin versus Templar conflict, but there's still Desmond's story, everything regarding Juno and quite a lot of detail in everything related to the series. AC Initiates website is great for them to get the idea, though.

I think Erudito should make a bigger appearance. They're way too settled in the dark, and the appearance of them could add some spice to the modern day. We'll also get to know more about the Initiates, so that's something.

Dome500
07-19-2014, 03:25 PM
I doubt there is another organization as MAIN antagonistic force, but I would really not mind some other organization being INVOLVED somehow. Might spice things up.

Overload64
07-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I would like a splinter assassin group that have the same ideals as the brotherhood but believe that their personal freedom is above the freedom of people. This could make the templars seem less evil, as these splinter assassins would have the potential to do some questionable things to benefit themselves.

pacmanate
07-19-2014, 08:10 PM
I hope not. We have Eurdito and even though they have been dragged out since 2009 (or before, cant remember) I am still intrigued at what they do. I hope they actually have some relevance to the plot of the universe of AC.

Put it this way, we have:

Assassins
Templars
First Civ/Juno
Erudito
Initiates

Erudito hasnt even been explained, and now Ubi is throwing in the Initiates. We dont need more organizations or whatever, we need ones we already have to be explored.

ze_topazio
07-19-2014, 08:48 PM
A new group made of dissidents of both the Assassins and Templars.

But then the Assassins and Templars make an alliance and wipe them of the map.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 09:50 PM
^Schism idea is kind of neat.

Ureh
07-19-2014, 10:27 PM
I hope not. We have Eurdito and even though they have been dragged out since 2009 (or before, cant remember) I am still intrigued at what they do. I hope they actually have some relevance to the plot of the universe of AC.

Put it this way, we have:

Assassins
Templars
First Civ/Juno
Erudito
Initiates

Erudito hasnt even been explained, and now Ubi is throwing in the Initiates. We dont need more organizations or whatever, we need ones we already have to be explored.

I can't remember all the details and it could be that I misinterpreted the AC4 multiplayer files. But didn't they say that most (if not all) of Erudito was arrested and/or joined with the Templars?

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Ureh might be right. 15 people connected to Erudito were arrested, and it sounded like before hand some of them were starting to work with Abstergo, mostly to determine how Juno was in their system.

So yea, Erudito might be working for the Templars now.

Abeonis
07-20-2014, 03:51 PM
As it stands, you have:

- Templars (w/ Erudito)
- Assassins (w/ Initiates)
- Instruments of the First Will (w/ Juno)

Personally, I think that's just enough.

pacmanate
07-20-2014, 04:55 PM
I can't remember all the details and it could be that I misinterpreted the AC4 multiplayer files. But didn't they say that most (if not all) of Erudito was arrested and/or joined with the Templars?

Damn, well if thats the case then Erudito really got pushed into a corner. All that mystery to then be explained in MULTIPLAYER FILES that they work for Abstergo now.

Nice one Ubi.

Locopells
07-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Really?!

Huh, not played ACIV MP, yet.