PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: II next-gen remake in 2015?

DonatoAndrea99
07-18-2014, 03:53 PM
The Italian website, Games. IT, recently announced a new rumour that a next-gen remake of AC2 will be released at the end of 2015. Is this the real deal?

http://www.games.it/microsoft/xbox-one/news/assassins-creed-2-xbox-one-ps4-2015.html

roostersrule2
07-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Whatever happened to that semi-important AC discussion thread?

ze_topazio
07-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Maybe a remastering, too soon for a remake.

Hans684
07-18-2014, 04:27 PM
It should have been AC(1), it's the oldest.

phoenix-force411
07-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Too soon. It's only been almost 5 years.

Kakuzu745
07-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Too soon...if they want to do something with Ezio I would prefer they do Discovery for consoles...whether an HD or a full game. Ezio in Spain is just too nice to ignore.

MasterAssasin84
07-18-2014, 05:10 PM
I would love to see this

I actually loved the ambience and atmosphere of roaming Florence during the Renaissance and uncovering the Templar conspiracy during such a rich engaging time period ! granted AC2 had its flaws but its arguably the most fun installment of the series .

So yea I would like to see this but maybe touch on Ezio's adventures in spain also .

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Why remake a game that already has been made and is a part of lore?

Are we talking about redoing the exact same game with better graphics or a reboot where the lore and story will change?

I'm NOT a fan of reboots and would be against that 100%. Remaking the game with better graphics and keeping everything the same? Why the need for that?

MasterAssasin84
07-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Why remake a game that already has been made and is a part of lore?

Are we talking about redoing the exact same game with better graphics or a reboot where the lore and story will change?

I'm NOT a fan of reboots and would be against that 100%. Remaking the game with better graphics and keeping everything the same? Why the need for that?

I think what ever our opinions are going to be on the subject its almost guaranteed to happen at some point .

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 05:24 PM
I think what ever our opinions are going to be on the subject its almost guaranteed to happen at some point .

Which is going to happen, a reboot or a remake?

MasterAssasin84
07-18-2014, 05:26 PM

I would be willing to say a remake of the original !!

JustPlainQuirky
07-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Whatever happened to that semi-important AC discussion thread?

*mourns*

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 05:38 PM
I would be willing to say a remake of the original !!

Why waste money on redoing a game that has already been done? It looks really good on the XBox 360, I don't see any reason to do it. It seems to me like a waste and if they expect people to play full price for a game that has already been done they are sadly mistaken.

Assassin_M
07-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Why waste money on redoing a game that has already been done? It looks really good on the XBox 360, I don't see any reason to do it. It seems to me like a waste and if they expect people to play full price for a game that has already been done they are sadly mistaken.
Uhh...GTA V? The Last of us? you don't think those are going to make money getting remade?

nan_alin
07-18-2014, 05:43 PM

I think it's possible. I know there is a movie too about Assasin's Creed in 2015, so maybe ubisoft wants to do something like they did in 2010 with Prince of Persia when also was a movie made. Or it could be just a coincidence :P

ze_topazio
07-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Uhh...GTA V? The Last of us? you don't think those are going to make money getting remade?

Those are not remade though, just an enhanced port.

Assassin_M
07-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Those are not remade though, just an enhanced port.
Which is even worse, people would buy the hell out of enhanced ports but not remakes?

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 06:00 PM

GTA V I'm sure was in the process of being ported to the XBox One when it was released on the XBox 360. I don't see them going back and redoing GTA 2.

We are talking about redoing a game that was done 5 years ago. Are they going to redo Brotherhood and Revolution as well? Why not go all the way back to AC 1?

This too me sounds like a waste of money and time that could be better spent of making Unity better or towards a new AC game.

Assassin_M
07-18-2014, 06:05 PM
GTA V I'm sure was in the process of being ported to the XBox One when it was released on the XBox 360. I don't see them going back and redoing GTA 2.

We are talking about redoing a game that was done 5 years ago. Are they going to redo Brotherhood and Revolution as well? Why not go all the way back to AC 1?

This too me sounds like a waste of money and time that could be better spent of making Unity better or towards a new AC game.
lots and lots of old games were remade years and years after their initial release and were quite successful. Your eliminating a fanbase's nostalgia value is pretty confusing to be honest.

We already know that ANY side projects do not hinder ubisoft's quality standards or resource management. Multiplayer did not affect quality of the games, handhelds did not hinder quality and heck, they're probably working on 3 other main AC games now...Comet, the one after Unity and the one after the one after Unity..Ubisoft is a bigass place

DynastyEmpire
07-18-2014, 06:12 PM
it's going to be a problem if we don't start remembering what made the franchise.

it's silly that they are doing that one first instead of the original from 2007, it's not fair if altair should be forgotten, just because people didn't like him.

he was a better assassin. he was a cool one so he deserves it. i don't like ezio or connor, we don't need to have 3 ezio games again. it's going to kill the franchise by doing that.

there are many settings i would like the franchise to take instead of ezio trilogy again, plus altair remaster game would be a much better option and easier to do.

ze_topazio
07-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Which is even worse, people would buy the hell out of enhanced ports but not remakes?

Never said the contrary, just pointing out remasters are not remakes.

Remakes usually only happen for celebrations or when they run out of ideas, sometimes however is sort of random, remakes, however, usually don't sell as much as the original sold back in the days, that's why SE keeps on refusing to remade Final Fantasy VII despite hardcore fans asking for it all the time, same for Resident Evil 2 for example, of course there's the case of Pokémon but Pokémon is on its own league.

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 06:21 PM
lots and lots of old games were remade years and years after their initial release and were quite successful. Your eliminating a fanbase's nostalgia value is pretty confusing to be honest.

We already know that ANY side projects do not hinder ubisoft's quality standards or resource management. Multiplayer did not affect quality of the games, handhelds did not hinder quality and heck, they're probably working on 3 other main AC games now...Comet, the one after Unity and the one after the one after Unity..Ubisoft is a bigass place

I'm not eliminating a fan bases nostalgia. If I want to I can go back and play every single AC game, from 1 to ACIII on the XBox 360 (not including Black Flag since it's already on the XBox One). As a matter of fact I can still buy every single AC game, from 1 to ACIII from Amazon.com right now for the XBox 360.

There is not need to redo games that have already been done and try to sell them at full price when it's the same damn game just with better graphics. I also disagree with you on the waste of money and time, it IS a waste of money and it IS a waste of time. The people doing that can be doing something else, more productive than redoing a game that we already have. The money can be spent on something else than a game that we already have.

It's not a very good idea, IN MY OPINION.

ze_topazio
07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Remakes can be worthy, just look at Tomb Raider Anniversary, a remake of the first game and how much of an improvement it is gameplay wise, games like Resident Evil Remake and Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles also look play better, in the case of Resident Evil the prettier graphics highly improve the atmosphere, something very important in a survival horror, a remake of AC2 using Unity technology would definitely be a pleasant way of revisiting the adventures of Ezio in the beautiful Italy.

nan_alin
07-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Never said the contrary, just pointing out remasters are not remakes.

Remakes usually only happen for celebrations or when they run out of ideas, sometimes however is sort of random, remakes, however, usually don't sell as much as the original sold back in the days, that's why SE keeps on refusing to remade Final Fantasy VII despite hardcore fans asking for it all the time, same for Resident Evil 2 for example, of course there's the case of Pokémon but Pokémon is on its own league.

Maybe they realized that it's too hard making two Assasin's Creed games every year (with AC Unity new's trailer feeling kinda recycled and still no news about Comet) so to keep both last and current generation players satisfaid they've chosen to remake AC2. And as I previous said, maybe the "celebration" is the next year's Assasin's Creed movie, who knows...

Sushiglutton
07-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Don't know about this particular rumour, but as I've said before I think it's super, super likely that Ubi will release the old games on the new consoles in some manner. AC is a massive franchise selling >ten million/year. I think they would easily make the money it would take to brush up the old games up and then some. The interesting thing to see is how big of an overhaul they will make. Will it just be resolution/framerate/particle effects (and similar), or will they make more thorough uopdates.

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Remakes can be worthy, just look at Tomb Raider Anniversary, a remake of the first game and how much of an improvement it is gameplay wise, games like Resident Evil Remake and Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles also look play better, in the case of Resident Evil the prettier graphics highly improve the atmosphere, something very important in a survival horror, a remake of AC2 using Unity technology would definitely be a pleasant way of revisiting the adventures of Ezio in the beautiful Italy.

Didn't they also change things in the Tomb Raider game, as far as the puzzles and maybe even the story line? I never played the Tomb Raider series but I think I recall people saying it was more of a reboot rather than a remake of the game but with better graphics. I could be wrong on that.

In either case, if ACII for the current gen consoles was a reboot than I could understand it but I still wouldn't approve of it.

My biggest problem is that they would charge full price for the same exact game and I don't see that selling very well, not until the price gets down to $20.00. That is about all I will pay for a game that has been redone.

Spend the money and manpower on something else, not something we already have and can still buy from Amazon.com.

Now, I would make an exception for a game that is no longer currently available or can not be played the XBox 360 or PS3. That is not he case for AC games, you can play every single one, the very first one included, on the XBox 360.

Now that I think about it, I'm thinking this is more about making it accessible to PS4 users since Assassin's Creed started about as an XBox Exclusive, if I remember correctly. IF that is the whole reason for the remake I would understand it a little more but I still think it would be a waste of money, time and resources that would be used elsewhere.

ze_topazio
07-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Yeah I believe the Anniversary game has some differences but I wouldn't call it a reboot.

Actually I believe AC started as a PS3 exclusive, anyway the game was released on both consoles on the exact same day.

A remake would not be the exact same game, a remaster is the same game with a new coat of paint, a remake is made from scratch, I'm not quite sure how one could reboot AC2 and AC2 alone and not the entire franchise, actually I can, it could be an alternate story using the same characters and settings, but I don't think they would do that.

wvstolzing
07-18-2014, 07:41 PM
I believe that 'remaster' does exist, for anyone who owns a recent laptop or better.

On the latest generation(s) of intel's integrated graphics, the PC version of AC2 runs 'playable' (barely 30fps, mostly less) at 1920x1080. At 720p framerate is perfectly fine.

That means practically any modern laptop should be able to run AC2 at 'current-gen', 'hd' quality. If you're lucky enough to have a discrete graphics chip/card, the framerate wouldn't be an issue either.

ps. Macs are included in this----AC2 has a (badly performing) Mac port as well.

Locopells
07-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I can run both ACI and II on my non-gaming work machine (my ONLY machine, dammit) fine. Probably ACB/R too.

Jexx21
07-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Assassin's Creed Legacy collection, bringing AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3 to next-gen 2017

weeweewerwerrewerwerqewterasdgsd

FrankieSatt
07-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Assassin's Creed Legacy collection, bringing AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3 to next-gen 2017

weeweewerwerrewerwerqewterasdgsd

All of them together at the same time for one price? I think you might have just sold me on a "Collectors Edition". This is the ONLY way I would approve of a "Remastered" version of the all the games.

Jexx21
07-18-2014, 08:14 PM
MGS does something like that for their complete set on PS3.

In 2017 it would be 5 years since the release of AC3, going for $20 on steam already, although the DLC is admittedly still $30 as apparently they don't lower DLC price which is weird.

But anyway, I'd think it would be viable.

Megas_Doux
07-18-2014, 08:43 PM
I rather have a AC I remaster with all the new parkour movements, 1:1 scale, side content, etc etc.

Shahkulu101
07-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Leave AC1 in its pure, imperfect glory.

AC3 needs the most 'surgery' but I think that the devs would look at what remake to create from a different perspective, i.e they'd pick the most popular one (AC2) because that is likely to sell the most.

Megas_Doux
07-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Leave AC1 in its pure, imperfect glory.

AC3 needs the most 'surgery' but I think that the devs would look at what remake to create from a different perspective, i.e they'd pick the most popular one (AC2) because that is likely to sell the most.

I agree!

Thing is that I would LOVE having something to do in the Kingdom, imagine templar posts working similar to AC IV's plantations, for instance. The Crusades are my favorite setting so far, I drool imaging all the possibilities....

dxsxhxcx
07-18-2014, 09:17 PM
I really don't understand this obsession many people have with "remakes" these days, I would understand if they wanted to make a Chrono Trigger remake or a Rock 'n' Roll Racing remake because IMO games from that generation would really take advantage of what each new generation (after the 16bit one) brought to gaming but AC's remakes at this point IMO are pointless, barely updated graphics and fix a few things here and there IMO aren't enough to justify a remake.

D.I.D.
07-18-2014, 09:19 PM
It worked for George Lucas. Oh, wait.

Kakuzu745
07-18-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree!

Thing is that I would LOVE having something to do in the Kingdom, imagine templar posts working similar to AC IV's plantations, for instance. The Crusades are my favorite setting so far, I drool imaging all the possibilities....

Those are great ideas that should not be wasted in a remake...would you not prefer a sequel for Altair? Crusade setup + all the new technology and new mechanics (the ones that are nice ofc)= My dream AC game hehe.

dxsxhxcx
07-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Those are great ideas that should not be wasted in a remake...would you not prefer a sequel for Altair? Crusade setup + all the new technology and new mechanics (the ones that are nice ofc)= My dream AC game hehe.

there isn't much left of Altair's life that is worth to show to justify a new game about him, they had that chance with ACR but IMO they didn't do a good job with it.

Megas_Doux
07-18-2014, 10:20 PM

Because we already saw everything about Altair!

After AC I he went to Cyprus looking for the templar archive, then he tried to establish the Brotherhood in Byzantine Constantinople, which he was UNABLE to do because the turmoil of the fourth crusade. After that he headed for the east in order to stop Genghis khan believing he was in possession of a piece of eden, but due to being old, he had lost some of his skills which almost compromised the mission, so his son and the local assassin had to kill the khan instead.

He returns to Masyaf, but is expelled to a place called Alamut in which he spends MANY years bitterly exploring the apple only to decide it was time to recover the Brotherhood and eventually dying in Masyaf at a very OLD age.

Shahkulu101
07-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I wish Revelations had you explore Constantinople as Altair during his time as was planned.

Kakuzu745
07-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Because we already saw everything about Altair!

After AC I he went to Cyprus looking for the templar archive, then he tried to establish the Brotherhood in Byzantine Constantinople, which he was UNABLE to do because the turmoil of the fourth crusade. After that he headed for the east in order to stop Genghis khan believing he was in possession of a piece of eden, but due to being old, he had lost some of his skills which almost compromised the mission, so his son and the local assassin had to kill the khan instead.

He returns to Masyaf, but is expelled to a place called Alamut in which he spends MANY years bitterly exploring the apple only to decide it was time to recover the Brotherhood and eventually dying in Masyaf at a very OLD age.

It might be true that there is not much left to say in terms of Altair´s story (although to be honest when a developer wants to they can make up whatever stuff they want...ie: remaking bloodlines, prequel with formative years as assassin, sequel that takes place between his sequels to mention a few) but truth is Altair got such a "bad treatment". His sequels were portable games that were not really outstanding and those revelations sequence...oh boy...

I wish Revelations had you explore Constantinople as Altair during his time as was planned.

I feel it was such a wasted opportunity...when I found out about the segments I got excited at the prospect of playing with Altair with the new mechanics, etc...then we got those tiny segments...I felt so disappointed.

ze_topazio
07-19-2014, 12:07 AM

This seems relevant, 3D reconstruction of Byzantium/Constantinople/Istanbul in the year of 1200 around the time Altair visited.

http://www.google.pt/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=CDXpIlOXEfSidM&tbnid=2vaKU4VGHDrI2M:&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.byzantium1200.com%2Fimages%2F home_map.jpg&ei=v6XJU_nOHOWBywONgIGwAw&psig=AFQjCNF1CaKEWsb7afelLKqloGZENaJFkw&ust=1405810495534044
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/land-3d2.jpg
http://historia.focus.pl/upload/galleries/1/fot-project-byzantium-1309_l.jpg
http://anoixtosxoleio.weebly.com/uploads/8/4/5/6/8456554/4031776.jpg?709
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/port_t_1.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_01L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_02L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_03L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_04L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_05L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_06L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_07L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_08L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_09L.jpg
http://www.byzantium1200.com/images/tile_10L.jpg

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 12:28 AM
I would LOVE an Ezio trilogy remake with updated mechanics and graphics. Renaissance Italy will probably forever be the coolest AC setting IMO. But I very much doubt that it's actually happening.

Ureh
07-19-2014, 12:45 AM

Yea, and it seems the only to equip his original robes is if we buy the dlc. :(

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 01:34 AM
I would totally rebuy Revelations if they added more side content and allowed you to play as Altair and switch between Ezio and Altair whenever you wished through touching a memory seal or something.

Locopells
07-19-2014, 02:15 AM
Point actually - Revelations is the one that most needs a remake. But I'd rather they do them all, or in order, myself.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Point actually - Revelations is the one that most needs a remake. But I'd rather they do them all, or in order, myself.

I disagree, I think AC3 needs a remake the most. There are only minor things I'd change about Revelations, whereas AC3 could be a masterpiece if it was gutted and redone on next-gen.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Yes, AC3 is the one that needs a remake the most.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Yes, AC3 is the one that needs a remake the most.

Same. AC3 needs it the more. and I think they all should be remade or remastered for next gen too.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 02:42 AM
To me ACIII is still the most ambitious game in the series (not counting Unity), if it ever gets redone I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 02:47 AM
If any of the previous games are remade without any of the others also being remade (like if AC2 got a remake and AC1/ACB/ACR/AC3 don't), I wonder if they would even include the modern day of those games or if it would be like an Abstergo entertainment game with no real modern day, like Liberation.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 02:50 AM
To me ACIII is still the most ambitious game in the series (not counting Unity), if it ever gets redone I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

I second that.

If any of the previous games are remade without any of the others also being remade (like if AC2 got a remake and AC1/ACB/ACR/AC3 don't), I wonder if they would even include the modern day of those games or if it would be like an Abstergo entertainment game with no real modern day, like Liberation.

Interesting point. Makes me wonder if they would redo it or have a new story.

ShoryukenMan
07-19-2014, 03:24 AM

If they were to remove modern day in an AC2 remake, then that might also mean getting rid of those awesome glyph puzzles, which were a really fun part of AC2 for me.

rickprog
07-19-2014, 03:34 AM
I'd be willing to buy an AC2 remake (or any other AC remake, anyways) if it had the new mechanics included in Unity. Perhaps not full-on customization, but navigation, stealth and combat. If it wasn't that way, the remake would only be done for better graphics and engine, which lacks value to me.

If they were to remove modern day in an AC2 remake, then that might also mean getting rid of those awesome glyph puzzles, which were a really fun part of AC2 for me.

It would make sense to remove then since Desmond would no longer be there, but Ubisoft could include something else in exchange. Perhaps have the Animus hacked in some way by Erudito or the Assassins in order to have the protagonist discover some things that he/she (and we, in any case) doesn't know about Abstergo.

Also, I suppose it doesn't apply to everyone but most people I see criticize AC3 make it seem like the game needs to be redone almost completely to be considered good. To those saying AC3 would be the most benefited from having a remake, what sort of things would the game need to gain/lose/change to be considerably better?

ShoryukenMan
07-19-2014, 03:44 AM
Only thing I'd want redone in AC3 is the optional objectives. There were just far too many in the game. Make it either one or two optional objectives, and I'm good.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Also, I suppose it doesn't apply to everyone but most people I see criticize AC3 make it seem like the game needs to be redone almost completely to be considered good. To those saying AC3 would be the most benefited from having a remake, what sort of things would the game need to gain/lose/change to be considerably better?

Just mostly remove the glitches and include any missing sound clips or cutscenes that were removed from the first copy, and maybe add extra content..

Only thing I'd want redone in AC3 is the optional objectives. There were just far too many in the game. Make it either one or two optional objectives, and I'm good.

^ And this. One or two OO per mission for me :)

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 03:54 AM
^And ambient music, please:).

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-19-2014, 04:03 AM
^And ambient music, please:).

Oh yes please! Cant forget about that! :D

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 04:26 AM
You know, I wonder how much the unexpectedly late release of the PS4/XB1 affected AC3's quality. It seems very much like a game that wasn't intended for last-gen, and we know its engine was designed for new consoles. Is it possible that the devs thought the next gen would arrive in 2012 instead of 2013 and planned accordingly, then had to reevaluate mid-development so the game came out sloppy?

HDinHB
07-19-2014, 06:10 AM
we don't need to have 3 ezio games again. it's going to kill the franchise by doing that.

Considering Ezio was three of the first four games, I'm not sure how remaking Ezio's games would kill the franchise. Speaking purely statistically, one could argue Ezio's games made the franchise.

That said, I don't feel compelled to buy a remake of any of the existing games. I would pay some cash for a patch to AC2 that let me replay individual memories.

Let's look to the future and not the past. Errrrrrr...let's look forward to a future of different pasts than the pasts we have already played.

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 06:14 AM
You know, I wonder how much the unexpectedly late release of the PS4/XB1 affected AC3's quality. It seems very much like a game that wasn't intended for last-gen, and we know its engine was designed for new consoles. Is it possible that the devs thought the next gen would arrive in 2012 instead of 2013 and planned accordingly, then had to reevaluate mid-development so the game came out sloppy?

And they called the engine AnvilNEXT too:p

ze_topazio
07-19-2014, 12:36 PM
AC3 needs a director's cut no doubt.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 12:40 PM
AC3's graphics were astonishing for 2012. It could have passed for next gen (in terms of graphics) IMO.

ze_topazio
07-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Only really weak next gen graphics though.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 01:03 PM
The AC games have always been graphically incredible for the time that they release at. AC 4 on last-gen was arguably the most graphically stunning last-gen game.

roostersrule2
07-19-2014, 01:59 PM
I actually really hope for an AC collection released either this or next gen.

It'd be so awesome.

Dome500
07-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Yeah too soon. AC1 would fit better.

Also, Ezio trilogy is still too close in mind.

Probably (if rumor is true) a remastered not a remake.

joelsantos24
07-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I would love to see this

I actually loved the ambience and atmosphere of roaming Florence during the Renaissance and uncovering the Templar conspiracy during such a rich engaging time period ! granted AC2 had its flaws but its arguably the most fun installment of the series .

So yea I would like to see this but maybe touch on Ezio's adventures in spain also .
Honestly, I wouldn't mind this, but I would prefer a remake of Assassin's 1 (my favorite). With a substantial upgrade on the graphics, the gameplay, etc, it would be perfect.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm replaying AC2 right now, and if they do an AC2 remake, I want a few things:

A fixed time of day. Seeing the shadows move each second is not immersive. It would also allow for some cool things like a lower amount of Courtesans in the day time and a higher amount at night, as well as a lower amount of crowds in the night time as there are way too many at night. Would also obviously allow for better lighting, making it look a lot better.

Baptistry in Florence.

I would also enjoy it if it was a seamless world where you can go into the country side of Florence and then ride to the boat that takes you to Venice (or even choose to take a gondola all the way from Venice to Florence :P)

actually wouldn't mind if everything from Unity was implemented, but that sounds a bit unrealistic.

DynastyEmpire
07-20-2014, 04:22 AM
Considering Ezio was three of the first four games, I'm not sure how remaking Ezio's games would kill the franchise. Speaking purely statistically, one could argue Ezio's games made the franchise.

That said, I don't feel compelled to buy a remake of any of the existing games. I would pay some cash for a patch to AC2 that let me replay individual memories.

Let's look to the future and not the past. Errrrrrr...let's look forward to a future of different pasts than the pasts we have already played.

It's true ezio has started, but we can't simply forgot about the original assassin's creed from 2007 with altair.

i mean if we did, i would say AC: Revelations would need the remake due to the fact it has ezio & altair in myasf, constainople(If i spelled it right?), byzanty empire & some other location.

There is alot more to explore in altair life that was never shown due tto ezio popularity in 2009 - 2011.

altair only had two games the 2007 & bloodlines. there is also atair chronicles, but that was different & a psp game.

Legendz54
07-20-2014, 09:04 AM
NO

Sesheenku
07-21-2014, 07:18 AM
It says it should come out at the end of 2015 supposedly.

A remake would be nice. A lot of people are saying too soon BUT it is considered to be their best game and it had some really lousily done shaders and textures and of course the character models were awful.

It says itself that it's just a rumor though for now.

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm replaying AC2 right now, and if they do an AC2 remake, I want a few things:

A fixed time of day. Seeing the shadows move each second is not immersive. It would also allow for some cool things like a lower amount of Courtesans in the day time and a higher amount at night, as well as a lower amount of crowds in the night time as there are way too many at night. Would also obviously allow for better lighting, making it look a lot better.

Baptistry in Florence.

I would also enjoy it if it was a seamless world where you can go into the country side of Florence and then ride to the boat that takes you to Venice (or even choose to take a gondola all the way from Venice to Florence :P)

actually wouldn't mind if everything from Unity was implemented, but that sounds a bit unrealistic.

Am I the only one with a glitch where assassinations on rooftops would cause Ezio to fall off, just as the dead guards do?

RinoTheBouncer
07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
I’m all for anything related to Ezio. He’s perfect. Call me whatever you want. He’s the apex of the AC franchise.

Toa TAK
07-22-2014, 02:35 PM
No more Ezio, please. It's Assassin's Creed, not Ezio's Creed.

ACI should be remade not ACII. ACI remade with modern design would benefit it so much more, it would service the story and characters greatly with updated visuals as well.