PDA

View Full Version : To Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed. Read

jake1991ac
07-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Hi i am a big fan of assassins creed the whole series. I love the series the history and story just has really cought me i have replayed the series about six times me im big into the brotherhood part and the good they do im glad you are comeing out with unity the story looks great and more about the creed and and doin good against curruption i feel black flag did not have the assassins feel but im just happy that you guys are continuing also iv seen rumorss of comet and i hope it not like blackflag and hope im nit a templar. I knew when i was hathem i was not an assassin or part of the creed also im not big on multiplayer but unity co op looks great i think thats the way to go im buying a ps4 just for unity and still happy and you know i have to keep ps3 for the whole series KEEP GOIN UBISOFT i hope someone reads this from ubi and knows how i feel and that i think thare doin an perfect job on the series bur iv never done this be for and didnt know how to go about but also im a father of a five yr old and work 50hrs construction and still get up at 4 every morning to play assassins creed thank you and. I hope ubi reads this and maby telk me what they think thanks again we work in the dark to protect the light we are assassins nothing is tru. Everything is permitted jake1991de. Jake1991ac

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Hail Ubisoft.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi i am a big fan of assassins creed the whole series. I love the series the history and story just has really cought me i have replayed the series about six times me im big into the brotherhood part and the good they do im glad you are comeing out with unity the story looks great and more about the creed and and doin good against curruption i feel black flag did not have the assassins feel but im just happy that you guys are continuing also iv seen rumorss of comet and i hope it not like blackflag and hope im nit a templar. I knew when i was hathem i was not an assassin or part of the creed also im not big on multiplayer but unity co op looks great i think thats the way to go im buying a ps4 just for unity and still happy and you know i have to keep ps3 for the whole series KEEP GOIN UBISOFT i hope someone reads this from ubi and knows how i feel and that i think thare doin an perfect job on the series bur iv never done this be for and didnt know how to go about but also im a father of a five yr old and work 50hrs construction and still get up at 4 every morning to play assassins creed thank you and. I hope ubi reads this and maby telk me what they think thanks again we work in the dark to protect the light we are assassins nothing is tru. Everything is permitted jake1991de. Jake1991ac

I'm sure ubisoft appreciates your kind words. They love and respect their fans.

Mr_Shade
07-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm sure ubisoft appreciates your kind words. They love and respect their fans.

Indeed they do ;)

MasterAssasin84
07-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Hmm After playing through Black Flag once again and reading the novel I actually though it it focused on the Creed more than previous games other than AC1 ?

I felt it really travelled deep into the teachings of the Creed and the Templar ideology as there is always two sides to every story as to why both sects think they are right and how this war has impacted events in History.

I felt that Edward really justified his actions and choices and high lighted the irony with both ideals .

So IMO its was the most Assassins Creed of all games .

Oh you should collecting all the letters scattered around the West Indies !! very interesting Read ;)

m4r-k7
07-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Hmm After playing through Black Flag once again and reading the novel I actually though it it focused on the Creed more than previous games other than AC1 ?

I felt it really travelled deep into the teachings of the Creed and the Templar ideology as there is always two sides to every story as to why both sects think they are right and how this war has impacted events in History.

I felt that Edward really justified his actions and choices and high lighted the irony with both ideals .

Oh you should collecting all the letters scattered around the West Indies !! very interesting Read ;)

I agree. Whilst it started out as purely a pirate game, as Edward learnt the way of the Creed and what they fought for, it became very much about assassins.
I actually loved the story and the way Edward became an assassin in a very different way than all the other assassins we have played as.

LoyalACFan
07-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I agree. Whilst it started out as purely a pirate game, as Edward learnt the way of the Creed and what they fought for, it became very much about assassins.
I actually loved the story and the way Edward became an assassin in a very different way than all the other assassins we have played as.

Amen

Lonnie_Jackson
07-19-2014, 07:28 AM
I do have a question though. Why is it that outside of the Creed people that belong to them like Mary, Mario and such don't wear the traditional robes? It just seems so inconsistant thoughout the series. I just never really dug for the answer but after watching my girlfriend replay I was asked and didnt have an answer.

naumaan
07-19-2014, 08:30 AM
I do have a question though. Why is it that outside of the Creed people that belong to them like Mary, Mario and such don't wear the traditional robes? It just seems so inconsistant thoughout the series. I just never really dug for the answer but after watching my girlfriend replay I was asked and didnt have an answer.

I dont know if my answer is gonna make sense but .. anyways ..

the assassins robe is like an achievement, In AC 1, everyone was given the same robes with no difference so its out of context, in AC 2 however, ezio got his suit from his father who was well known in assassins community, may be he was a master assassin or something, so he had the robes but mario did have any as he told in the sanctuary about the altair robes, he tried getting it by finding the seals but couldn't he was slow in the process.
And after the ezio saga, in ac3 connor was told that he can earn the robes only by proving himself as a true assassin as in a master one, for the most part of the game, he was the only assassin at work.
in ac4, edward basically killed a man just for the robes, it was more of a disguise than being a true assassin and in the last 2 games, it feels more like a choice what to wear and what not to wear .. so may be the captain kid girl didnt chose to wear the robes who knows ..

all of the protagonists got their robes

Lonnie_Jackson
07-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, as I played every single game I never really thought about it. But watching it and being asked I begun to think..."Shes right. They are Assassins, some even Masters and no one is wearing robes." Maybe thats why AC1 and ACR seem like true brotherhoods to me cause of the uniformity. Having the Assassins that are Masters look a little different is a nice touch I agree, but unless they are under cover I don't see why they shouldn't wear them with pride and fearlessness. Let the Templars wear their fancy lad outfits, scare the hell out of them with hoods, shadows and confidence in skill! That's my opinion.

jake1991ac
07-19-2014, 11:31 AM
i'm sure ubisoft appreciates your kind words. They love and respect their fans.

thankss

hi i am a big fan of assassins creed the whole series. I love the series the history and story just has really cought me i have replayed the series about six times me im big into the brotherhood part and the good they do im glad you are comeing out with unity the story looks great and more about the creed and and doin good against curruption i feel black flag did not have the assassins feel but im just happy that you guys are continuing also iv seen rumorss of comet and i hope it not like blackflag and hope im nit a templar. I knew when i was hathem i was not an assassin or part of the creed also im not big on multiplayer but unity co op looks great i think thats the way to go im buying a ps4 just for unity and still happy and you know i have to keep ps3 for the whole series keep goin ubisoft i hope someone reads this from ubi and knows how i feel and that i think thare doin an perfect job on the series bur iv never done this be for and didnt know how to go about but also im a father of a five yr old and work 50hrs construction and still get up at 4 every morning to play assassins creed thank you and. I hope ubi reads this and maby telk me what they think thanks again we work in the dark to protect the light we are assassins nothing is tru. Everything is permitted jake1991de. Jake1991ac

thanks

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 11:38 AM
thankss

?????

joelsantos24
07-19-2014, 04:00 PM
And when was that, exactly? At the end of the game? :nonchalance:

jake1991ac
07-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Well thatsc how i felt he only help the assassins for personal gain also he caused some of the chaos i did not read the book though but at the end he changed his ways but thats how i feel jake1991ac. Jake1991de. I hope comet is not the same its said you start as a templar but havent seen much im just happy for the series continuing

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Well thatsc how i felt he only help the assassins for personal gain also he caused some of the chaos i did not read the book though but at the end he changed his ways but thats how i feel jake1991ac. Jake1991de. I hope comet is not the same its said you start as a templar but havent seen much im just happy for the series continuing

Do you always refer to yourself in the third person? What was up with the thanks?

jake1991ac
07-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Do you always refer to yourself in the third person? What was up with the thanks????

I messed up think i never done this posting or this website im just glad i can write on this site and people that like assassins creed series but i didnt really know how its works do you know what i mean

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 05:34 PM
I messed up think i never done this posting or this website im just glad i can write on this site and people that like assassins creed series but i didnt really know how its works do you know what i mean

Yes, i do. It's a great forum. Have fun!

joelsantos24
07-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Yes, he was a rogue mercenary just looking for fortune. I would like to say more about Black Flag, but the game bored me to death.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 06:13 PM

No man, from the middle of the game when he started working with the assassins. It was a good take on assassins from someone who initially joined for monetary reasons. What would you have preffered? The same old "I must get my revenge" story?

Throughout AC 4 there was constant reference to the creed - the hideout, you saw the Mayan assassins, you looked for First Civ stuff, templar contracts etc i don't know what people mean when they say it wasn't about assassins when it really was. It was just mixed in with Edward who was a pirate as well.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Yes, he was a rogue mercenary just looking for fortune. I would like to say more about Black Flag, but the game bored me to death.

Lol. If black flag bored you, I wonder what games you do like.

jake1991ac
07-19-2014, 06:48 PM
No man, from the middle of the game when he started working with the assassins. It was a good take on assassins from someone who initially joined for monetary reasons. What would you have preffered? The same old "I must get my revenge" story?

Throughout AC 4 there was constant reference to the creed - the hideout, you saw the Mayan assassins, you looked for First Civ stuff, templar contracts etc i don't know what people mean when they say it wasn't about assassins when it really was. It was just mixed in with Edward who was a pirate as well.

I guess i can understand that i exspected full on brotherhood from birth ya know but regradless im not complainig just weird at first but assassin creed unity looks to be great story plot. Also ac comet said you would play as a templar what do you think about that i mean you did the same in assassin creed 3 and i thought 3 was very good also conner was kinda solo and the game was great but he also had great values to great assassin not that edward didnt just diffrent lives and views and motivations

Dont get me wrong i played 4 just as much as the rest and loved even tho im not big into pirates i think they did good exspressin that view of assassins and time periods

AssassinHMS
07-19-2014, 07:15 PM

Well, playing the same game over and over can get quite boring, especially if the game was never that good to begin with. If he started with AC1 back in 2007, then he's basically been playing the same game for about 6 or 7 years. Sure, the games got bigger and bigger but not exactly better and that may cause boredom for long-time fans. Good thing that "new fans" are Ubisoft's priority then.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Well, playing the same game over and over can get quite boring, especially if the game was never that good to begin with. If he started with AC1 back in 2007, then he's basically been playing the same game for about 6 or 7 years. Sure, the games got bigger and bigger but not exactly better and that may cause boredom for long-time fans. Good thing that "new fans" are Ubisoft's priority then.

There have been a lot of improvements with every game. I have played all the AC games multiple times and i haven't been bored for one second.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:32 PM
I started playing AC in 2011, but I played from AC1 to AC4 and I thought they got better with each iteration pretty much.

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Each game never disappoints me really. Yes, some things can be done better, but on the whole I enjoy the AC games more than any other series.

AssassinHMS
07-19-2014, 07:50 PM
There have been a lot of improvements with every game.
I noticed:
AC1 with more diversed missions and with an economy system;
AC1 with hunting and naval;
etc.

I also noticed the bid downgrade since AC1 which was only partially corrected in AC4.
Like I said, AC got bigger but not better. By the time of Black Flag, the core was the same as it always had been, underdeveloped as hell and even worse in some aspects. And the fromula was a mess.

I have played all the AC games multiple times and i haven't been bored for one second.
I should have added that the boredom is worse for the long-time fans who think playing games with a difficulty level set for small children is boring. For others though, that may be the only way that they can have fun.
And when did you first play an AC game?

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Wait, you play AC for the gameplay?

:P

m4r-k7
07-19-2014, 07:53 PM
I have played AC since it originally came out in 2007 and have loved every one. Maybe its just personal preference, I dont know

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 07:58 PM
I noticed:
AC1 with more diversed missions and with an economy system;
AC1 with hunting and naval;
etc.

I also noticed the bid downgrade since AC1 which was only partially corrected in AC4.
Like I said, AC got bigger but not better. By the time of Black Flag, the core was the same as it always had been, underdeveloped as hell and even worse in some aspects. And the fromula was a mess.

I should have added that the boredom is worse for the long-time fans who think playing games with a difficulty level set for small children is boring. For others though, that may be the only way that they can have fun. And when did you first play an AC game?

The first time i played ac1 was on the day it got released back in 2007.

How old are you? I'm 28 years old. I have been playing games since i was a kid.

If you don't like AC games, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.

marvelfannumber
07-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Really? This stupid bandwagon "Oh AC is the exact same every year, just like COD" garbage again. Sure with Brotherhood, Revelations and 4 I can give you that, but for AC2 and 3?

AC2 and AC3 made massive gameplay changes, to the point where playing AC3 doesn't feel anything like playing AC1. It's like saying Arkham City is the exact same as Arkham Asylum or that Mario bros. 3 is the exact same as the first Super Mario bros, it's laughable.

Megas_Doux
07-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I kinda understand HMS complaints......

See, of course AC II and AC III introduced tons of new features, which was a MUST considering we are talking about a sandbox, ACIV was like a "greatest hits", but core has remained stagnant. Letīs see what Unity can deliver in regards to that.

AssassinHMS
07-19-2014, 08:12 PM
The first time i played ac1 was on the day it got released back in 2007.

How old are you? I'm 28 years old. I have been playing games since i was a kid.
I'm almost ten years younger.

If you don't like AC games, don't buy them. It's as simple as that.
That's quite a complex and highly relevant response you got there. Heck, I'm amazed at how productive it is for the discussion. I wonder...what is harder? To come up with such an answer or to beat an Assassin's Creed game?

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 08:16 PM
People do tend to lump it together "cause rooftops, parkour and stabbing" :p. I personally thought corner kills, slanted surfaces and treerunning in ACIII made a noticeable difference. Maybe it's just me though.

pacmanate
07-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Problem with AC games is they always want to add new stuff but dont fix the broken stuff. Up until Unity it seems, will be interesting to see what Unity is like.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 08:17 PM
If i think a game is boring, i'm not going to buy it. Why would you spend money, if you think a game is boring? It doesn't make any sense.

AssassinHMS
07-19-2014, 08:22 PM
Really? This stupid bandwagon "Oh AC is the exact same every year, just like COD" garbage again.
You must be in the wrong thread

Wait, you play AC for the gameplay?

:P

Yes..........that's probably the problem.

If i think a game is boring, i'm not going to buy it. Why would you spend money, if you think a game is boring? It doesn't make any sense.
We're not discussing that.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-19-2014, 08:32 PM
There are a lot of games that are difficult. You could buy one of those.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Main reasons I play AC:

1. Navigation (particularly Parkour, but the ship sailing stuff in AC3 and AC4 was great as well)
2. Historical playgrounds
3. Story

PC Gamer once said that Arkham Asylum was a better Assassin's Creed game than Assassin's Creed (this was before the release of AC2). I'm sort of inclined to agree since I play the Arkham games for their gameplay (and Batman lore).

Assassin_M
07-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey yo, POP man...you didn't finish our argument in the last thread, bro...how about you pay more attention playing black flag like you did playing that fictitious AC Brotherhood game that you make up stuff for? it aint anybody's fault you didnt pay attention as you played;)

pacmanate
07-19-2014, 08:40 PM

WHATTTT?!

Edward wasn't a rogue, nor was he a mercenary.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 08:46 PM
actually Edward was technically a mercenary as the Assassination contracts he took, he took for money

jake1991ac
07-19-2014, 08:48 PM
I have played AC since it originally came out in 2007 and have loved every one. Maybe its just personal preference, I dont know

Yea i really agree iv played the series over and over and caint get enough but like what was said maby its personal

Assassin_M
07-19-2014, 08:51 PM
actually Edward was technically a mercenary as the Assassination contracts he took, he took for money
*inb4 "Edwarz is not troo azzazzin"*

Ezio took contracts for money too

Xstantin
07-19-2014, 08:51 PM

And he was called rogue too.

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 08:59 PM
*inb4 "Edwarz is not troo azzazzin"*

Ezio took contracts for money too

Hey, I never said that Ezio didn't or that Edward wasn't a true Assassin. But it is true that Edward didn't take the contracts because they were Templars, he took them because he wanted the cash reward.

At the same time, Ezio took contracts from Lorenzo for money, but it wasn't just because of the money, it was also because they were coming from a friend Ezio trusted.

Assassin_M
07-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Hey, I never said that Ezio didn't or that Edward wasn't a true Assassin. But it is true that Edward didn't take the contracts because they were Templars, he took them because he wanted the cash reward.

At the same time, Ezio took contracts from Lorenzo for money, but it wasn't just because of the money, it was also because they were coming from a friend Ezio trusted.
I didnt say you said either was not an Assassin, I was just sayin' for other people..

Most people Ezio killed for Lorenzo were not Templars

Jexx21
07-19-2014, 09:14 PM
I never said that they were all Templars. I said Ezio was doing it for a friend :P

Sushiglutton
07-19-2014, 09:14 PM

Great post, should make the devs happy to hear me thinks :)!

ze_topazio
07-19-2014, 09:46 PM
We already knew, since AC3, that Edward was an Assassin and how he died, so AC4 objective was to show us how he, a bloody pirate, changed his life and became an Assassin.

jake1991ac
07-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Well back on assassins creed brotherhood. for some reason i wanna jump to ac3(conner) but this is the 7th time replaying the series i dont why people complain about the games each game they have added something and unity is almost hear

AssassinHMS
07-20-2014, 04:03 PM
i dont why people complain about the games each game they have added something
Gods be praised for that, right?

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Gods be praised for that, right?

Is it just the AC franchise, or do you dislike every ubisoft game?

Hans684
07-20-2014, 04:52 PM
If you go back to basics then all kind games have little improvement, your simplifying things. Uncharted, still the same. Infamous, still the same. Bioshock, still the same. Sniper Elite, still the same. Grand Theft Auto, still the same. That is how it it is with simplicity, there is always core improvements(no matter how big or small) but with annual releases it's more easy to notice. I'm pretty sure people would do the same to the franchises I mentioned if they where releases early.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 05:21 PM
guys, HMS has always loved to rag on the gameplay of the AC games, he's not really someone you can argue with.

Not that some of his opinions can't be justified, it's just he won't back down from is position.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 05:24 PM
guys, HMS has always loved to rag on the gameplay of the AC games, he's not really someone you can argue with.

Not that some of his opinions can't be justified, it's just he won't back down from is position.

Ok. I didn't know that he likes to do this.

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 05:54 PM

Well, technically, he was an Assassin for merely the last 2-3 missions in the game, literally speaking.

Black Flag's reviews always underlined the fact it was more of a pirate's game (or a piracy simulator) rather than an Assassin's game. Piracy had a huge focus, in the story, the gameplay and the characters. Was the meta-story, however, less tortuous? Definitely. But it's overwhelming, when reviews state things like "Black Flag is a better pirate game than assassin (review by Matthew Gilman)" (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434794/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-review-next-gen-marks-a-return-to-form-for-the-franchise/), or that "Black Flag doesn't really want to be an Assassin's Creed game (review by Tom Senior)" (http://www.pcgamer.com/review/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-review/), of an actual Assassin's Creed game. The story missions, were probably it's weakest point (http://www.oxmonline.com/65066/reviews/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-xbox-360-review/), being characterized as extremely repetitive and tedious (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/b/playstation4/archive/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-review-game-informer.aspx and http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/assassins_creed_4_black_flag_review_ps3.html), but also challenging (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10696-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Review-Pirate-this-Game). Not to mention the eavesdropping and tailing missions, also heavily criticized (http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-ps4-review-official-playstation-magazine-score/), in particular the poor and disfunctional extension of this missions to the sea (http://www.edge-online.com/review/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-review/).

I wouldn't say that I'm not a fan of pirates, because I do enjoy the theme (love Stevenson's classic, Treasure Island and Starz's TV show Black Sails), but after so many movies and even TV shows about it, it feels old and boring. It didn't captivate me the least, and I just wanted to finish the game and get out of there as soon as possible. I'm currently giving Black Flag another try, and even if it's very far from changing my opinion all together, It's been slightly more amusing.

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Black Sails aired after Black Flag was released. Can't wait for season 2!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Black Sails aired after Black Flag was released. Can't wait for season 2!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTcA4QLHw0
Yes. But there's one thing that makes Black Sails extraordinary: it's the prequel to Stevenson's best seller.

jake1991ac
07-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, technically, he was an Assassin for merely the last 2-3 missions in the game, literally speaking.

Black Flag's reviews always underlined the fact it was more of a pirate's game (or a piracy simulator) rather than an Assassin's game. Piracy had a huge focus, in the story, the gameplay and the characters. Was the meta-story, however, less tortuous? Definitely. But it's overwhelming, when reviews state things like "Black Flag is a better pirate game than assassin (review by Matthew Gilman)" (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434794/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-review-next-gen-marks-a-return-to-form-for-the-franchise/), or that "Black Flag doesn't really want to be an Assassin's Creed game (review by Tom Senior)" (http://www.pcgamer.com/review/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-review/), of an actual Assassin's Creed game. The story missions, were probably it's weakest point (http://www.oxmonline.com/65066/reviews/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-xbox-360-review/), being characterized as extremely repetitive and tedious (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/b/playstation4/archive/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-review-game-informer.aspx and http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/assassins_creed_4_black_flag_review_ps3.html), but also challenging (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10696-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Review-Pirate-this-Game). Not to mention the eavesdropping and tailing missions, also heavily criticized (http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-ps4-review-official-playstation-magazine-score/), in particular the poor and disfunctional extension of this missions to the sea (http://www.edge-online.com/review/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-review/).

I wouldn't say that I'm not a fan of pirates, because I do enjoy the theme (love Stevenson's classic, Treasure Island and Starz's TV show Black Sails), but after so many movies and even TV shows about it, it feels old and boring. It didn't captivate me the least, and I just wanted to finish the game and get out of there as soon as possible. I'm currently giving Black Flag another try, and even if it's very far from changing my opinion all together, It's been slightly more amusing.

Well thats how i felt but iv noticed alot of people thas never played the series they have played just blackflag i guess cause its new but they agrue and say thats the best or better the the rest but people are closed minded sometimes but follow the series story and then make up thare mind but is comet gonna be the same theme or any info

SHADOWGARVIN
07-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Well thats how i felt but iv noticed alot of people thas never played the series they have played just blackflag i guess cause its new but they agrue and say thats the best or better the the rest but people are closed minded sometimes but follow the series story and then make up thare mind but is comet gonna be the same theme or any info

I don't think there's any new Comet info. Last i heard it was going to take place after black flag.

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 06:29 PM
yeah, Ezio was worse, man I hear ya, he was an Assassin for the last mission of the game and that's it, literally speaking...

Yeah because anything a reviewer says is gospel and true lol

I wonder if that "try" is because you couldnt back up any of your claims in that other thread :rolleyes:

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Well, I don't know about people who just played Black Flag, all my friends who've played it, have also played the previous titles. But I wonder how can someone who never played the previous titles, claim that it's the best one in the series? Anyway, that's not my problem, and Black Flag didn't appeal or captivate me the least.

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 06:44 PM
But I wonder how can someone who never played the previous titles, claim that it's the best one in the series?
Same way you put Ezio above Edward in AC II regarding being an Assassin with a straight face, same way you can argue for Brotherhood's depth and "philosophical discussions" and make up false quotes with a straight face..

If you're gonna jab, jab directly...don't do it indirectly, buddy

jake1991ac
07-20-2014, 06:47 PM
I don't think there's any new Comet info. Last i heard it was going to take place after black flag.

Oh ok i kinda wish they wear going in a diffrent direction but any new is better then none at all and im still gonna buy both regardless i wonder what the majority thinks because other then this website no one has any clue what im talking about ac talk i mean and even if they have played its black flag online or something

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Oh ok i kinda wish they wear going in a diffrent direction but any new is better then none at all and im still gonna buy both regardless i wonder what the majority thinks because other then this website no one has any clue what im talking about ac talk i mean and even if they have played its black flag online or something
In a new direction? I wish it also. But it's unlikely, they're gonna milk this pirate thing of theirs for all it's worth, I'm afraid.

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 06:57 PM
In a new direction? I wish it also. But it's unlikely, they're gonna milk this pirate thing of theirs for all it's worth, I'm afraid.
http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20130214/n511cb6bea5e59.jpg

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 07:00 PM
then comet turns out to be a game in china with Shao Jun with not sailing

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:02 PM
If its a last-gen China game I will go mad lol

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Following Shao Jun's life as an Assassin, now that would be cool.

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Following Shao Jun's life as an Assassin, now that would be cool.
No it wouldn't, it'd be another story of building a brotherhood while simultaneously fighting tyranny, it's a reskin of Brotherhood...oh...wait, you probably don't mind that..

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Assassin_M, you really don't like POP_WW_2008 do you?

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Assassin_M, you really don't like POP_WW_2008 do you?
Why would I not like him? I'm not the one putting him in my ignore list...it's just that he's wrong a lot of the time that I have to correct him every time he posts...it's a full time job.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 07:17 PM
No it wouldn't, it'd be another story of building a brotherhood while simultaneously fighting tyranny, it's a reskin of Brotherhood...oh...wait, you probably don't mind that..
how do we know it would be exactly like that.

Hell, isn't that what a Connor/Aveline game would be like? I like rebuilding the Brotherhood.

jake1991ac
07-20-2014, 07:19 PM
then comet turns out to be a game in china with Shao Jun with not sailing

Well i also heard rumors of ancint rone and also seen an outfit i dont know how true that was and egypt to i mean i dont matter ware they go its gonna have a great story and last gen or not it assassins creed

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 07:21 PM
how do we know it would be exactly like that.

Hell, isn't that what a Connor/Aveline game would be like? I like rebuilding the Brotherhood.
ignore anything I say to POP..

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Well i also heard rumors of ancint rone and also seen an outfit i dont know how true that was and egypt to i mean i dont matter ware they go its gonna have a great story and last gen or not it assassins creed
I read that it might focus again on the Kenway bloodline, being a possible direct sequel to Black Flag. I still haven't read about this ancient Rome (?) rumour. Regarding Egypt, there was a poster leaked, apparently fake, of what looks like an Assassin on a mast and then the Giza Plateau in the background.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 07:26 PM
the only rumor that was actually detailed was of a Templar sailor named Shay. One of the cities in the game would have been New York, and apparently Shay would have been in contact with Haytham and/or Adewale.

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Yea the Shay rumour is the only one that has not been directly debunked. All the rest have been fakes.
IMO, New York would be boring as heck.

Jexx21
07-20-2014, 07:29 PM
I loved AC3's New York. Besides, if they make teh landmarks 1:1 it might be more interesting.

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:31 PM
New York wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy free roaming in that city compared to cities in the previous games.

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 07:31 PM
I loved AC3's New York. Besides, if they make teh landmarks 1:1 it might be more interesting.
not to mention that the city would not be half destroyed due to the fire...

New York wasn't bad, I just didn't enjoy free roaming in that city compared to cities in the previous games.
it's probably the ambient music

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Yea the Shay rumour is the only one that has not been directly debunked. All the rest have been fakes.
Yeah, I wouldn't like to see reloads of previous locations.

Locopells
07-20-2014, 07:35 PM

I thought that that one was a 'social experiment', or some such?

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Well Kotaku who were the first website to detail Unity, also detailed Comet, so I would suspect that their sources are reliable. It could still be fake of course, but out of all the rumours, thats the one that hasn't been completely torn apart xD

joelsantos24
07-20-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm looking forward to Gamescom next month, we'll probably get some updates on that.

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Yeah at Gamescom we will get a reveal trailer

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
I thought that that one was a 'social experiment', or some such?

Yeah, I read that too. Why it was a social experiment beats the heck out of me...

http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/03/assassins-creed-comet-update-social-experiment/

Assassin_M
07-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I read that too.

http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2014/03/assassins-creed-comet-update-social-experiment/
http://i.gyazo.com/82c91566d772d7473d8763f9cd299713.png

it was about that forums press release by shadey

m4r-k7
07-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I read that too. Why it was a social experiment beats the heck out of me...

Thats the Eseosa leak, not the Shay leak :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh my bad XD

Locopells
07-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Ah, mine too!

AssassinHMS
07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
If you go back to basics then all kind games have little improvement, your simplifying things. Uncharted, still the same. Infamous, still the same. Bioshock, still the same. Sniper Elite, still the same. Grand Theft Auto, still the same. That is how it it is with simplicity, there is always core improvements(no matter how big or small) but with annual releases it's more easy to notice. I'm pretty sure people would do the same to the franchises I mentioned if they where releases early.

Itís not just a matter of being samey. The problem is that, unlike all those examples you gave, ACís core has remained BAD until this very day. Thief, back in 1998, had immensely superior stealth than AC has today and AC is supposed to be a stealth game at its heart.

All those games you mentioned sell because of their core. They need to be good at what they do.
AC doesnít. AC does not sell because of its core. AC sells because it is the only open world historical franchise out there.

That is the ONLY reason why Ubisoft can sell AC every year without making the games better.

Letís see if I can explain this properly.
In the beginning, Assassinís Creed was a unique and innovative concept. It explored the life of an Assassin. History was in the background. There was SOCIAL STEALTH and an innovative parkour/navigation system. There were open ended assassinations and investigations. The idea was to simulate the life of an Assassin. The player was supposed to understand what it meant to be one (story) and learn how to act and think like one (gameplay).
This was a unique concept strong enough to hold on its own.
AC1 came out and the execution of this concept wasnít that good. Stealth was over simplistic and lacked realism; investigation missions were too underdeveloped and also lacked realism as well as diversity; there was not enough to do outside the story missions for an open world game and the gameís pace wasnít the best.
On the other hand, the historical aspect was highly praised by both consumers and reviewers (the atmospheric and highly detailed cities, the historical locations and characters, etc.)

So, Ubisoft had two choices. Either they improved the core/the whole Assassin Simulator concept and keep ACís uniqueness intact or ditch the Assassinís Creed concept, keep only the core mechanics (so that it isnít different enough that most people would stop calling it AC) and focus only on expanding the historical aspect (the only unique thing left).

So, they ditched ACís concept, replaced the Assassin Simulator with an Uncharted copy and kept adding new features that, along with the historical component, justified the yearly releases.
A new time period/location, more historical characters for the player to befriend or kill, more historical events for the player to fight in and some new side features directly related to the setting. At this point, they didnít need the core. AC had become a historical tour.

Each year the same old game with a new coat.

AC stopped being a game, it became a tour. And the core was just there to justify the brandís name.

It's not my fault if some lack the skills to argue with me. I have backed down from my position before but it took people who knew how to make logical and well-constructed arguments...............and I'm still waiting for those.

Megas_Doux
07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
I wont disagree on the matter that ACīs "stealth" is weak, Metal Gear solid had better stealth in 1998.....However AC is NOT a stealth game at its heart, Hitman is. And again, I wont disagree that the social stealth has been almost abandoned and the core have remained stagnant with few improvements, but AC is definitely NOT an Uncharted copy.

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2014, 02:53 PM
I wont disagree that the social stealth has been almost abandoned and the core have remained stagnant with few improvements, but AC is definitely NOT an Uncharted copy.

I will disagree with that. The social stealth mechanics was improved in AC:3, but was not utilized very well at all. Social stealth in AC:IV, however, wasn't as dynamic but was far better used than any of its predecessors.

AssassinHMS
07-21-2014, 03:03 PM
I wont disagree on the matter that ACīs "stealth" is weak, Metal Gear solid had better stealth in 1998.....However AC is NOT a stealth game at its heart, Hitman is.
Well, that's strange since an ACU developer said it was during an interview. And, if you think about it, you realize that AC is a stealth game at its heart. And, by AC, I mean AC the concept, not the games that butchered it.

And again, I wont disagree that the social stealth has been almost abandoned and the core have remained stagnant with few improvements, but AC is definitely NOT an Uncharted copy.

Look at AC3, it's the best example. The linear, action packed missions, filled with cutscenes, explosions and quick time events. Sure, its not nearly a perfect copy but it's a copy nonetheless.
Why do you think they ask AC fans if they like Uncharted?

Megas_Doux
07-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Well, that's strange since an ACU developer said it was during an interview. And, if you think about it, you realize that AC is a stealth game at its heart. And, by AC, I mean AC the concept, not the games that butchered it.

Yes and no!

Yes, because Stealth seems be taking a bigger role in Unity, something for which I am happy and no due to the fact that, at least based on the devps, Unity is about freedom more than ever before. According to them, there is no more "desynchronized" because of detection thing,which kinda contradicts a true stealth game, in which detection means death or failure in the mission, like in Hitman.Letīs see how Unity fares in the end, though.

Hans684
07-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Itís not just a matter of being samey.

I was talking from a gameplay perspective.

The problem is that, unlike all those examples you gave, ACís core has remained BAD until this very day. Thief, back in 1998, had immensely superior stealth than AC has today and AC is supposed to be a stealth game at its heart.

Uncharted hasn't improved either, they just choose new adventured with different themes and settings. It's just changing coats. Do you know anything Unity? Sure the basics is more or less the same with the current AC's but Unity is that golden egg. Here's the thing, Thief is a stealth series only, so it's obviously going to have better stealth. But it's just stealth, not sosial stealth. You should be talking about Hitman. Hitman is a sosial stealth game, it's basically a MD AC without combat, parkour and open world. Thief is a stealth game only with a combat that should be nonexistent consider it's never used, it's just there. Thief would improve a lot more if they stoped wasting time on combat mechanics and focusing on it's still [easy] stealth.

All those games you mentioned sell because of their core. They need to be good at what they do.

Hardly every series I mentioned, some are but not all.

AC doesnít. AC does not sell because of its core. AC sells because it is the only open world historical franchise out there. That is the ONLY reason why Ubisoft can sell AC every year without making the games better.

AC need competition no doubt about that, it's also a good reason why a Wild West AC would be just what we need. RDR is properly the best competition they can get. Do you remember the discussion we had regarding what have improved? Certainly looks like it. Don't ignore improvements to get the point across, it twist everything.

Letís see if I can explain this properly.
In the beginning, Assassinís Creed was a unique and innovative concept. It explored the life of an Assassin. History was in the background. There was SOCIAL STEALTH and an innovative parkour/navigation system. There were open ended assassinations and investigations. The idea was to simulate the life of an Assassin. The player was supposed to understand what it meant to be one (story) and learn how to act and think like one (gameplay).
This was a unique concept strong enough to hold on its own.
AC1 came out and the execution of this concept wasnít that good. Stealth was over simplistic and lacked realism; investigation missions were too underdeveloped and also lacked realism as well as diversity; there was not enough to do outside the story missions for an open world game and the gameís pace wasnít the best.
On the other hand, the historical aspect was highly praised by both consumers and reviewers (the atmospheric and highly detailed cities, the historical locations and characters, etc.)

I have no problem with understanding what it means to be an Assassin. In the begging AC(1) challenged Hitman and failed. The investigations and assassinations was more linear that Hitman, it couldn't win, not at that state. I get how they work but every other concept like the Animus(it technically makes every game an Assassin Simulator), their Creed, what the Assassin Order fight for, History, the Assassin/Templar war and even setting will have impact on the games including AC(1). The Animus renders genetic memories in 3D, it builds the word and everything around it. Then the famous Creed, "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"(not literally(Edward lived it literally)). And the 3 tenants. 1. stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent, 2. Hide in plain site and the most important number 3. Never compromise the brotherhood. The dominating tenants is 1 and 3, if they the Assassin Order have to break 2 to get to their goals then they will do it. Like AltaÔr when he went for Robert. And during AltaÔr era the Assassin Order was a public order and they had their own castle making they a official target until AltaÔr desided that they had to spread and don't be official either. History, history decided how the concept of AC(1) was going to be, the way the Assassins worked back than was like shown(more or less(and like Unity)). Just like the Golden Age of Piracy decided how Black Flag was going to be, it's not just history as you say it. It's everything about this series, history will never be in the background. Clothing, weapons, people, culture, events, etc... All play a part. We also have fictional stuff like the First Civ, POE's etc... Those things separates AC from typical assassination games like Hitman.

Then we have their goals, they fight for freedom, peace, free-will, liberty etc... Now their goal is The most dominating, their goal is more important to them than how they work. Connor started a war in the name of peace, Ezio destroyed a fleet and blew up a city to get to one target and AltaÔr used the AOE against the Mongolians and went trough an army to get to Robert. All that was done in they fight agains the Templars for peace. Their not gonna trow all it away simply because someone in the brotherhood don't like the way they work. The Assassin/Templar war is a war that has been going on for centuries, and wars is a mess. If the Assassin Order used the same tactics all the time they'd be dead(like they did historically), it's why AlatÔr compromised the brotherhood for a second time. When he was going to assassinate Robert he was tricked and Robert fleed to turn their victories to their advantage. To unite the Saracens and Crusaders against a common enemy, the Assassins. They killed people on both sides of the conflict(history). If it wasn't for AltaÔr going all one-man-army to get to Robert they'd be dead and the Templars would have gotten control over the Holy Land. It's easy to understand what it means to be an Assassin but it's a lot harder to understand why they have to do what's needed to win this war agains the Templars.

So, Ubisoft had two choices. Either they improved the core/the whole Assassin Simulator concept and keep ACís uniqueness intact or ditch the Assassinís Creed concept, keep only the core mechanics (so that it isnít different enough that most people would stop calling it AC) and focus only on expanding the historical aspect (the only unique thing left)So, they ditched ACís concept, replaced the Assassin Simulator with an Uncharted copy and kept adding new features that, along with the historical component, justified the yearly releases.
A new time period/location, more historical characters for the player to befriend or kill, more historical events for the player to fight in and some new side features directly related to the setting. At this point, they didnít need the core. AC had become a historical tour.

*Patrice

He ditched it, he justified why 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3 and Black Flag is still AC. It was he that turned the tables, what was his justifications during the marketing of AC2? What was the reasons for it to still be his AC, his baby? What did he say? You are well informed regarding what the creator said about AC(1) and developers say about Unity but you seem to ignore everything said in between(like justifications) even if it's said by the creator himself. He made AC2 the way he did(along with his teams), he contradicted his own work. The step father of AC is currently making another Hitman copy AC only better than the first.

Each year the same old game with a new coat. AC stopped being a game, it became a tour. And the core was just there to justify the brandís name.

Like Uncharted or Thief just not early, it's why it sells. People don't notice stuff like that when there is years between sequals. It allows for even more milking than early releases and less complinies about "same sh!t different day". An unbreakable plan, a true plan.

jake1991ac
07-21-2014, 11:00 PM
I just dont get it i mean maby im the weird one but assassins creed series is an amazeing series and story is very interesting i know everybody has their thoughts likes or dislikes thats cool but its not that bad also if you do not like the series why do people spend so much time talking bad on it when this is assassins creed fourm i mean im not putting anybody down or anything but every game series is gonna be simalar thats why i thing they put it in a series but hey if ubisoft keeps makeing changes for the better each game i mean what more can you ask for. Thats sll you can expect and me personaly ac got better and better no matter how big or how small the changes are

SHADOWGARVIN
07-21-2014, 11:51 PM
I just dont get it i mean maby im the weird one but assassins creed series is an amazeing series and story is very interesting i know everybody has their thoughts likes or dislikes thats cool but its not that bad also if you do not like the series why do people spend so much time talking bad on it when this is assassins creed fourm i mean im not putting anybody down or anything but every game series is gonna be simalar thats why i thing they put it in a series but hey if ubisoft keeps makeing changes for the better each game i mean what more can you ask for. Thats sll you can expect and me personaly ac got better and better no matter how big or how small the changes are

Some people just like to complain about everything. They have nothing better to do.

jake1991ac
07-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Yea. Also iv read some arguments that were educated and well thought and i can understand not from my point of view but assassins creedi feel is not a game for the graphics or all the little stuff the game as a whole and how all the machincs.story.history.gameplay ect how they all come togather and make a diffrent kinda feel and make a great series

Sesheenku
07-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi i am a big fan of assassins creed, the whole series I mean. I love the series, the history, and story just has really caught me, I have replayed the series about six times.

I'm really into the brotherhood part and the good they do I'm glad you are coming out with unity, the story looks great and more about the creed and doing good against corruption.
I feel black flag did not have the assassins feel but I'm just happy that you guys are continuing.

I've also seen rumors of comet and I hope it won't be like blackflag. Oh and please don't make the character a Templar! I knew when I was Haytham I was not an assassin or part of the creed.

I'm not really big on multiplayer but Unity's co-op looks awesome. I think that's the way to go, I'm buying a ps4 just for unity and still happy and you know I have to keep ps3 for the whole series, KEEP GOING UBISOFT!

I hope someone reads this from Ubi and knows how I feel and that I think they're doing a perfect job on the series but I've never done this before and didn't know how to go about it.

I'm a father of a five year old and work 50hrs on construction and still get up at 4 every morning to play assassins creed, thank you and I hope Ubi reads this and considers telling me what they think, thanks again!

"We work in the dark to protect the light we are assassins nothing is true. Everything is permitted." jake1991de. Jake1991ac

Ubisoft might be more likely to read through you post if you separated your bloody sentences.

My god man... have mercy.

I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

MasterAssasin84
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM

Whilst everybody is entitled to voice their opinion Black Flag has thus far travelled deeper into the ideals of the Creed than any other Assassins Creed game I've played !

I think its a case of people are not paying attention.

Edwards character was ubisoft's intention to portrayed as an outlaw looking to become rich and have infamy, the teachings of the Creed promote freedom and equality ! as Black Beard unwittingly quoted a free land for free men .

I love the fact as to how Edward questioned the Assassins Creed and the Templar ideals in line with his own morals and beliefs and hi lighted the fact that Men and woman are perfectly entitled to their own freedom and opinions but at what costs ?

the most interesting irony in Black Flag was from Roberts " all men want live and abide by a code or creed but when pushed they defer to their instincts rather than the laws that bind them "
This to me totally put the Assassins Creed under the spotlight and really makes one question is a freedom a curse or a luxury ?

Benjamin Hornigold IMO had the best counter arguments to Edwards own beliefs and convictions and what was interesting was when Edward and Vane was marooned Edward had a plause for though that freedom is reckless as displayed by Vanes anarchy " perhaps Hornigold is right maybe we do need men of vision "

Assassins Creed Black Flag has explored the Creed in deeper detail than any other game I've played .

pacmanate
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Assassins Creed Black Flag has explored the Creed in deeper detail than any other game I've played .

Did you not play AC1?

MasterAssasin84
07-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Did you not play AC1?

Yes i did and my opinion was that Black Flag delivered the best comparison between the two ideals .

pacmanate
07-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes i did and my opinion was that Black Flag delivered the best comparison between the two ideals .

You didnt say comparisons between the 2, you just said "The Creed".

MasterAssasin84
07-23-2014, 03:20 PM
You didnt say comparisons between the 2, you just said "The Creed".

Well I did say that Edward explored both ideals in line with his own beliefs - My point being that people are saying its just a Pirate Simulation were as I am countering that opinion that if they really listened closely to the story and the philosophy and Black Flag then they would would understand that its a full on Assassins Creed game that explores the ideals of both sects rather than a game about a guy in a hood with two blades on his wrists jumping from roof tops killing oppressive individuals and playing hero in a game that is more of a fashion show than dealing with the ideals of the Assassins Creed !! yes i am referring to AC2 as beautiful as it was lol !!

pirate1802
07-23-2014, 04:33 PM

Completely agreed. AC IV was nothing but the Creed in action; the follies of misinterpreting it, what it costs you, and finally arriving at the pure understanding that it doesn't command you to do what you want, as Eddy thought once, but is merely a gateway to greater wisdom. It is the closest Creed game since maybe AC1.

Jexx21
07-23-2014, 05:34 PM
AC1's teachings and exploration of the creed can pretty much be summed up in this sentence "it does not command us to be free, it commands us to be wise."

AC1 just provided us the basic lessons of the Creed.

joelsantos24
07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Still, AC1 remains my favourite of all. I think no other game in the series displayed as elegantly, the different ideals of both the Assassins and the Templars, and what drove each faction.

jake1991ac
07-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Ubisoft might be more likely to read through you post if you separated your bloody sentences.

My god man... have mercy.

I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

You know what that looks better thanks

jake1991ac
07-23-2014, 11:47 PM
Well i think on black flag what got me was maby because he did not agree at first but i feel not that the game was not about the creed but edward at first if that makes sense im trying to tell my view but caint find the words

Sesheenku
07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Whilst everybody is entitled to voice their opinion Black Flag has thus far travelled deeper into the ideals of the Creed than any other Assassins Creed game I've played !

I think its a case of people are not paying attention.

Edwards character was ubisoft's intention to portrayed as an outlaw looking to become rich and have infamy, the teachings of the Creed promote freedom and equality ! as Black Beard unwittingly quoted a free land for free men .

I love the fact as to how Edward questioned the Assassins Creed and the Templar ideals in line with his own morals and beliefs and hi lighted the fact that Men and woman are perfectly entitled to their own freedom and opinions but at what costs ?

the most interesting irony in Black Flag was from Roberts " all men want live and abide by a code or creed but when pushed they defer to their instincts rather than the laws that bind them "
This to me totally put the Assassins Creed under the spotlight and really makes one question is a freedom a curse or a luxury ?

Benjamin Hornigold IMO had the best counter arguments to Edwards own beliefs and convictions and what was interesting was when Edward and Vane was marooned Edward had a plause for though that freedom is reckless as displayed by Vanes anarchy " perhaps Hornigold is right maybe we do need men of vision "

That doesn't make a great game. That makes an engaging theme for a story, we are talking about video games right? Oh yeah we definitely are.

Now I know you're talking strictly about story but yeah.

It didn't improve on AC3's combat which is itself was already a failure, over simplification is always a stupid move, especially when your system is already extremely simplistic.

It didn't improve on the parkour, in fact there was vastly less of it since the majority of the time you're on your ship.

It didn't improve the mission structure, it's the same crap and worse even with tons of dull tailing missions, even when you're on your ship!

Quite frankly it's atrocious imo, a game that barely improves on anything that really matters, yeah an open map was kinda cool, till you realized 60% of the map is worthless little islands with nothing worth doing on them. Let's not forget the hallway forests, in every jungle you're stuck to a linear path with a few branches, that's not how land works.

The only thing they did right on AC4 was have a FEW less performance issues on PC and at least make exploration fun for a little while but when you're done with that, the rest of the experience is the same and thus repetitive and dull.

You can't just add a new part to a game and then think that it will make a good game, you need to refine the old parts too and they didn't do that here.

m4r-k7
07-24-2014, 10:43 AM
That doesn't make a great game. That makes an engaging theme for a story, we are talking about video games right? Oh yeah we definitely are.

It didn't improve on AC3's combat which is itself was already a failure, over simplification is always a stupid move, especially when your system is already extremely simplistic.

It didn't improve on the parkour, in fact there was vastly less of it since the majority of the time you're on your ship.

It didn't improve the mission structure, it's the same crap and worse even with tons of dull tailing missions, even when you're on your ship!

Quite frankly it's atrocious imo, a game that barely improves on anything that really matters, yeah an open map was kinda cool, till you realized 60% of the map is worthless little islands with nothing worth doing on them. Let's not forget the hallway forests, in every jungle you're stuck to a linear path with a few branches, that's not how land works.

The only thing they did right on AC4 was have a FEW less performance issues on PC and at least make exploration fun for a little while but when you're done with that, the rest of the experience is the same and thus repetitive and dull.

You can't just add a new part to a game and then think that it will make a good game, you need to refine the old parts too and they didn't do that here.

AC 4 was a massive refresh for the series, one that revived the series for many who hated AC 3
Story matters hugely in games - AC 4 had a decent story, it was interesting playing Edward who entered the creed in a very different way than the other assassins.
The combat was not improved, you are right.
AC 4's parkour was improved - it was much less glitchy and buggy and it was more accurate than AC 3.
The mission structure on land was heavily stealth based, which was much needed. The land missions were 60% of the game, whilst naval missions were 40% so the majority of the missions were not on the ship. Admittedly, if you wanted to search for treasure, you did use your ship which for many was an incredible addition to the franchise.
The jungles and islands and cities were stunning. The whole game was very different from the other AC games but I think Ubisoft were right in going in a different direction just for one game.
AC 4 was much much much less buggy and glitchy on consoles than AC 3 had. The stealth was much better than in AC 3.

They didn't refine the core pillars of the game like AC 3 and AC Unity did. It was simply a new idea for the game which I believed paid off massively for Ubisoft. Its like Brotherhood was very much a re-skin of AC 2 but with new combat - that was still massively succesful and many AC fans best. You don't always need to completely overhull gameplay mechanics for a good game. AC 4 was a fantastic game for both AC fans and pirate fans. I agree with MasterAssassin that it was very much about assassins if you look pass the naval free roaming and exploration (which was also very fun for a lot of gamers)

For last-gen consoles, Black Flag was probably the most graphically stunning game out there. On next-gen the graphics are better than those of Watch Dogs IMO.

Fatal-Feit
07-24-2014, 01:00 PM

AC:3's combat was more complex than AC:1, AC:2, and AC:B. Albeit, AC:R was the most complex(which I absolutely loved), it wasn't as difficult and gave players more control. --Revelations and its auto-chain mechanics... AC:3's combat was a success for the series.

AC:IV's may have been a step back, and almost as easy as B's, but it still wasn't as broken and exploitable as Brotherhood. Chain kills could be stopped by brutes, and double tool kills weren't spammable.

It don't see how this is an issue.

AC:IV, hands down, had the best mission structures. It allowed for freedom of play, may it be stealth or action. --Which have been missing since AC:1. The tailing missions were a problem, I agree, but at least they weren't excessively long and linear like in the previous titles. There could be many more tailing missions, and I would still have preferred it.

And I don't see how it's the same crap either.

It drastically improved stealth, the open world, mission designs, and story. --It improved on all of the importance...

Your rant holds no merit, sorry.

Every Assassin's Creed is repetitive, but if you found Black Flag's many shift in dynamics at every turn boring then you must have played a different game. Black Flag gave players tonnes of different gameplay experiences throughout the narrative and open-world.

Again, yes they have.

Dome500
07-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Agree on most of that, but I got to say, if AC4 did one thing right then it was that you could accept mutliple missions at the same time and the improvements in Stealth, even if they were just minor. I mean at least they got a functioning stealth system in contrast to AC3...

Aside from that, yeah, it was not very innovative. I agree.
It did also not bring modern day or any other storyline or any kind of understanding with it.

In the end it was an extra episode, a little bit like a Spin off IMO, it was a story that was very independent from the other games, which is not all that bad IMO, at least I did not feel forced to buy in in order to see several plots and storylines continue.

MasterAssasin84
07-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Ok Did you read anywhere in my statement that Black improved on AC3 ? No you did not .

This was merely a counter opinion on some players proclaiming that Black Flag was little more than a Pirate simulation were as I disagreed massively.

Personally I enjoyed Black Flag The structure to the Assassination Contracts was brought back to how AC2 presented them, but I do agree that It did no The exploration was very enjoyable but i agree it did not improve on AC3 but the story was very rich and meaningful

jake1991ac
07-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Well ac 3 was a great game i dont know if on other systems are diffrent but black flags graphics were really bright contrast not saying i didnt like it. But i feel ac3 were alittle. Realer and alittle better. Ac3 was great story i thought. But i love all of them caint wait for unity and comet im wondering ware next
No matter ware ill be interested and happy but what dose every one else think

But the french revalution looks great so many oppertunitys for an amazeing gameplay and story and looks like the brotherhood going to big to great more creed

jake1991ac
07-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Also i was wonering dose anyone know about the terrny of washington for ac3 is. It good or what is it like

SHADOWGARVIN
07-26-2014, 03:28 PM
It's cool. You get different animal spirit powers in every part.

Fatal-Feit
07-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Also i was wonering dose anyone know about the terrny of washington for ac3 is. It good or what is it like

It should last you about 10 hours, as it did for me. Each episode places you in a different location(Boston, NY, Frontiers) with some activities to do. You also get the addition of super-powers, which are a lot of fun to play with.

jake1991ac
07-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Well thats cool ten hrs is pretty good fredom cry was one hr maby but it s little exspensive but to continue playing is priceless but just got infamy and it looks pretty good the gameplay seems the same

MasterAssasin84
07-28-2014, 12:01 AM

Seriously best DLC in any AC game !

Assassin_M
07-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Seriously best DLC in any AC game !
Agreed with this....justifies $30 price tag? ehhhhhh, i got better for just $10 from R*

GoldenBoy9999
07-28-2014, 03:02 AM
ToKW was one of the greatest parts of AC3! I need to replay it. I think it was definitely worth the money. The Frontier had a good remastering with a cool plotline and a detective sequence. I was more enthralled with the plot of ToKW than I was with AC3. The way each left on a cliffhanger at each episode was like a good TV show.

The only thing is that it was meant to be episodic and spread out over months and left you wondering what would happen after each episode. They're all out now which lessens the experience. I saw them all at release so they were awesome, because at the end of one of them there's this big cool building you get a glimpse of ( I don't want to spoil it) and you're like I JUST CAN"T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! You know what I'm talking about if you've played it. There's also this cool 'Natural Object' (again) that isn't in the vanilla map. One of the greatest events I'm happy to have been a part of, and THE HYPE WAS REAL!

LoyalACFan
07-28-2014, 03:47 AM
I feel like I'm the only one here who detested TOKW... :nonchalance: It was cheesy as all hell IMO. Infamy was decent, but the other two were godawful.

Jexx21
07-28-2014, 04:33 AM
I didn't like ToKW. The best parts about it were The great willow tree, the pyramid, and the eagle navigation power. That's it. I thought it was pretty sucky tbh.

GoldenBoy9999
07-28-2014, 04:46 AM
I didn't like ToKW. The best parts about it were The great willow tree, the pyramid, and the eagle navigation power. That's it. I thought it was pretty sucky tbh.

The 3 things I didn't want to spoil in my post :nonchalance:, but oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-28-2014, 04:57 AM
I loved the TOKW :) Just didn't agree with the price :(

Xstantin
07-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Moodier version of the Frontier was nice imo.

Assassin_M
07-28-2014, 05:07 AM
I feel like I'm the only one here who detested TOKW... :nonchalance: It was cheesy as all hell IMO. Infamy was decent, but the other two were godawful.
I don't think it's the best thing ever, just the best AC DLC

I-Like-Pie45
07-28-2014, 05:10 AM
ac isn't exactly a series with high quality dlc anyhow

Assassin_M
07-28-2014, 05:15 AM
ac isn't exactly a series with high quality dlc anyhow
Exactly.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2014, 05:16 AM
I don't think it's the best thing ever, just the best AC DLC

I'd have to go with Freedom Cry, mostly because I actually enjoyed its story content. TOKW's script had me cringing a few times.

On the whole though, AC DLC generally isn't very good. FC was the only one I really liked.

Jexx21
07-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Best AC DLC was The Da Vinci Disappearance and Freedom Cry

LoyalACFan
07-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Best AC DLC was The Da Vinci Disappearance and Freedom Cry

See, I thought Disappearance was cheesy as well. Like a bad parody of The Da Vinci Code. It had a few cool moments (like beating up Duccio) but it was largely forgettable IMO. The best part about it was the Drachen armor.

Fatal-Feit
07-28-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm with LoyalACFan on this one. Freedom Cry was the best DLC, IMO.

I don't remember much from Da Vinci's Disappearance, and I didn't really enjoy the alien-like aspects of TToKW. Both have had their moments, of course.

GoldenBoy9999
07-28-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm going to play FC after I beat AC4 so I might change my mind, but I know it doesn't have super-powers or giant pyramids. I do like the sound of it on paper though. I'm also looking forward to Unity's alt. story.

Ureh
07-28-2014, 08:24 PM
See, I thought Disappearance was cheesy as well. Like a bad parody of The Da Vinci Code. It had a few cool moments (like beating up Duccio) but it was largely forgettable IMO. The best part about it was the Drachen armor.

Yeah I got the helmschmied drachen armor as a preorder bonus from amazon. It looks decent when you're walking but as soon as Ezio starts sprinting his feet go right through the tail cloth.

jake1991ac
08-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Well its been awhil scince any activity anything um I was wondering how would I ask mr shade or any forum management a question or quote

SHADOWGARVIN
08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Well its been awhil scince any activity anything um I was wondering how would I ask mr shade or any forum management a question or quote

Send them a private message.