PDA

View Full Version : A non-violent and somewhat pacifistic group?

masterfenix2009
07-17-2014, 05:20 AM
I've been thinking about this for awhile and some recent comments made me decide to create this thread. I would like to see a group introduced in a game that wants to create change but have a strict stance against killing or murder. Not super pacifistic to where they won't fight or defend themselves, the only thing they would be against I cruel unusual punishment and always seek non violent options. They could be like the Assassins that want freedom for the people, but choose not to kill and prefer to use the system of government against the Templars. They could also be used as a middle ground to argue against the Templar's logic and the Assassin's hypocrisies. We could also see opportunities for them to be at odds with the Assassins. Say, when an assassin is about to kill his target, someone from this group tackles him and alerts the Templar to run away to save him. Then he drops a smoke bomb on the guards so the Assassins has a chance to live and escape. I've always wanted to see something like this because I am pacifistic myself. What does the rest of the community think?

JustPlainQuirky
07-17-2014, 05:21 AM
We could just have pacifist assassins/templars. Darby said it is certainly possible. Especially given how Assassin-ism or whatever is now deemed a philosophy and not just a man who kills in the AC universe.

I'd be totally up for it.

Xstantin
07-17-2014, 05:24 AM
Summer of Love Assassins.

Jexx21
07-17-2014, 05:25 AM
Mayrice, those people would be terrible people despite the fact that they're not commiting any violence. Why? Because they're being self-righteous about it, being part of a group that kills and manipulates to get what they want, and holding themself above the others because they don't kill (unless they can't fight because of a physical reason which is obviously different).

JustPlainQuirky
07-17-2014, 05:28 AM
Mayrice, those people would be terrible people despite the fact that they're not commiting any violence. Why? Because they're being self-righteous about it, being part of a group that kills and manipulates to get what they want, and holding themself above the others because they don't kill (unless they can't fight because of a physical reason which is obviously different).

Just because they dont kill, they're self-rightous? What if they keep the fact that they're merciful to themselves? What if they're humble?

And I dont agree with the 'part of group' remark but that's for the debate in the other thread :p

LieutenantRex
07-17-2014, 06:33 AM
The Assassins are a terrorist group like Hamas or Al Queda.

Jexx21
07-17-2014, 06:39 AM
except they have a rule against killing innocent people

still terrorists, but not in the modern sense of the word really

Hans684
07-17-2014, 01:15 PM
except they have a rule against killing innocent people

still terrorists, but not in the modern sense of the word really

Every guard is innocent, maybe not everyone but most. The Assassins will always break their first tenant, same case with Alta´r. There is no perfect Assassin, unless we get someone like Agent 47 and that is not gonna happen anytime soon.

ze_topazio
07-17-2014, 03:46 PM
A new group made of dissidents of both the Assassins and Templars who have a more pacifist view on things.

But then the Assassins and Templars make an alliance and wipe them of the map.