PDA

View Full Version : Aveline's Voice?

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Honestly, doesn't anybody else think her voice sounds well.....a bit boring? I know that Ubi is trying to go with the whole "She's French Creole" thing but it isn't working. ( I have Creole in family so I know how it sounds) but hers Imo, just comes off very cheap and lazy on Ubi's Part. Hopefully if Comet or anything else features her, she gets a major voice like how Altair did in Revelations. ( Even though I like both voices BTW)

What do you guys think? Should she get a new better voice actor?

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 02:14 AM
I actually had a hard time understanding her in Liberation. Not sure if her accent was too thick or my ears just suck. Probably the latter.

I don't think she should get a new voice actor though.

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Hopefully if Comet or anything else features her, she gets a major voice like how Altair did in Revelations
What do you mean major when you're describing ACR Altair? like with an accent?

Xstantin
07-16-2014, 02:35 AM
At least Aveline wasn't as bad as the charm girl Connor had her recruit in the DLC :rolleyes:

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 02:36 AM
I like Goldfarb! I thought she did a good job. :(

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 02:41 AM
Oh the Charm girl in the aveline DLC....augh...

I don't know if voices are supposed to sound like that but it was a strain to hear it.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 02:44 AM
What do you mean major when you're describing ACR Altair? like with an accent?

Kinda.....I just think she needs an "Accent" that's actually clearer to understand and interesting to listen to like Altair in ACR. I'm not saying that Goldfarb is a horrible VA, I just think she did a terrible job at Aveline.

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Kinda.....I just think she needs an "Accent" that's actually clearer to understand and interesting to listen to like Altair in ACR. I'm not saying that Goldfarb is a horrible VA, I just think she did a terrible job at Aveline.
Well altair's accent is very inaccurate and fake in ACR...so I don't think saying you want an accent like Altair's in ACR is the right thing to say because if you think Aveline's accent is bad then Altair's is terrible...at least Goldfarb actually speaks french

SixKeys
07-16-2014, 02:48 AM
No.

1) I hate when they change voices of established characters.

2) I like her voice. She can switch between playful and serious with ease.

Xstantin
07-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Ubi needs to get Troy Baker to voice her in the next game (if there is one), the man is flawless. But seriously though, some lines were cheesy but it also comes down to writing.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Ubi needs to get Troy Baker to voice her in the next game (if there is one), the man is flawless. But seriously though, some lines were cheesy but it also comes down to writing.

Troy Baker?

You mean Nolan North right?

Or in the very least Roger Craig Smith!

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 02:50 AM
At least Aveline wasn't as bad as the charm girl Connor had her recruit in the DLC :rolleyes:

Patience Gibbs? Ah, don't get me started at how terrible she was....it was actually the one time I prefered Aveline's Voice. BTW, I don't hate Aveline, she's just not my favorite either.

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 02:55 AM
I admittedly tend to like most voice actors for main characters.

Barring male shep. I admittedly don't like his that much. It's not that it's bad, it's just.. the alternative of Femshep is so much better :P

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-16-2014, 02:58 AM
I must say that I couldn't get into Aveline's voice as well sometimes. A lot of times when she talked I was like ".. Okay, she sounds REALLY weird here," and sometimes her emotions sounded fake. But I don't hate her nor do I like her, but I still think the VA could do better.

If that was the case, then there should have been a thread for Connor's voice actor to be changed too because I'll admit there were times when he sounded just as weird as she did lol..

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Yeah.

At times she sounded like she had marshmellows stuffed in her mouth if that makes sense.

The one time I had an awkward time with Connor's voice was when he said the "tongue has tasted sour grapes" part. I dunno why but it always sounded out of place. Might not have been the voice. Might have been the word choice.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Well altair's accent is very inaccurate and fake in ACR...so I don't think saying you want an accent like Altair's in ACR is the right thing to say because if you think Aveline's accent is bad then Altair's is terrible...at least Goldfarb actually speaks french

I never said she needed a voice change EXACTLY like Altair. Just one that doesn't put me to sleep.
And regarding the Accents, yes Altair's ACR Accent may be inaccurate, but what about his AC1 voice with a 21st Century American voice? But at least both are those voices including other Assassin's accents are clearer than hers. Btw, the guy who voiced ACR Altair was of Middle Eastern descent.....

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 03:07 AM
And regarding the Accents, yes Altair's ACR Accent may be inaccurate, but what about his AC1 voice with a 21st Century American voice?
It's like ACU, the animus is displaying the language how the user would understand it...an Arab wouldnt hear an accent when other people speak Arabic, Altair had an american accent in AC I but at least the guy voicing him was actually arab and could pronounce Arabic unlike Cas.

Btw, the guy who voiced ACR Altair was of Middle Eastern descent.....
He has Iranian descent, they don't speak Arabic..

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 03:26 AM
It's like ACU, the animus is displaying the language how the user would understand it...an Arab wouldnt hear an accent when other people speak Arabic, Altair had an american accent in AC I but at least the guy voicing him was actually arab and could pronounce Arabic unlike Cas.

He has Iranian descent, they don't speak Arabic..

Ah, I forgot about the Animus & Altair's VA's. So yes, you're right M. But still, I think that Aveline needs a change in her voice none the less. Altair was just an example really......

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 03:32 AM
But regarding Arno's Voice, why does everyone hate that he doesn't have an accent or some sort? I personally like it actually.

rickprog
07-16-2014, 03:33 AM
Troy Baker?

You mean Nolan North right?

Or in the very least Roger Craig Smith!

Oh but imagine chaos sprouting because of having the only female protagonist being voiced by a man...

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 03:36 AM
@nami

they're upset he doesnt sound french for being a french guy. Or Austrian.

I'm mildly upset by it. I'm sure I'll get over it though once i'm fully immersed in the game.

@Daso

:rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 03:46 AM
@nami

they're upset he doesnt sound french for being a french guy. Or Austrian.

I'm mildly upset by it. I'm sure I'll get over it though once i'm fully immersed in the game.

@Daso

:rolleyes:

I guess I can understand that. but it doesn't bother me really....I think it suits him better than some French actor that'll probably be hard to understand. But I think they should've at least given him an Austrian accent though.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Well Lafayette had an understanadble voice IMO despite his french accent.

It was mainly Aveline's I had trouble with

But I see where you're coming from. I just would have preferred they tried to find a good french VA instead of going for the 'animus accent translator' thing.

Xstantin
07-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Lafayette was cool.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Lafayette is my homeboy.

If I had to decide between him and the fate of America, I'd pick him. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-16-2014, 05:09 AM
Lafayette was awesome. I really hope they keep his voice when or if he does appear again.

HDinHB
07-16-2014, 05:13 AM
I have less trouble understanding Aveline than I do some modern day people from NOLA. But I keep the subtitles on, mostly so I can learn new curse words. I might be able to forgive Arno's accent if I learn how to say cazzo in French.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 05:34 AM
Well Lafayette had an understanadble voice IMO despite his french accent.

It was mainly Aveline's I had trouble with

But I see where you're coming from. I just would have preferred they tried to find a good french VA instead of going for the 'animus accent translator' thing.

I agree about lafayette.......but Aveline? I just cringe at the Liberation voice acting as a whole. ( Except for Agate) but Aveline was among the worst. Hopefully they give her something new, but if they don't, I'll be fine with that.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Yeah Liberation's voice acting was generally bad.

I still remember those two black dudes with the facepaint who had the worst voices ever. One was like "you give us da river" in a super silly voice. it was turrible

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 05:41 AM
aw, but Goldfarb did a fantastic job as Aveline!

masterfenix2009
07-16-2014, 05:51 AM
I liked Aveline's voice as well.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 06:05 AM
Yeah Liberation's voice acting was generally bad.

I still remember those two black dudes with the facepaint who had the worst voices ever. One was like "you give us da river" in a super silly voice. it was turrible

Or that scene with her stepmother when she realized she was the "Company Man".
( Lord that was annoying) but yeah, that scene almost felt like Cinderella or something.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 06:07 AM
I did get a cinderella vibe.

No wonder I thought it was cartoonishly silly

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 06:42 AM
I did get a cinderella vibe.

No wonder I thought it was cartoonishly silly

The Narrative as a whole was very silly and very boring at the least. Sometimes I actually forget it's an Assassin's Creed game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-16-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah I hate that feeling.

Black flag had that problem for me too. Not that the game was bad, but it def didn't feel like I was playing AC at times.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah I hate that feeling.

Black flag had that problem for me too. Not that the game was bad, but it def didn't feel like I was playing AC at times.

I personally liked Black Flag. But I can understand the disconnect it had with some people. But it's no where further away from it than liberation was. Argh!

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Assassins Creed II didn't make me feel like an Assassin at all too, it was all about revenge and banking..

Fatal-Feit
07-16-2014, 07:37 AM
AC:1 didn't feel like an Assassin's Creed either. It felt like a Poverty's Creed...

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 07:38 AM
AC:1 didn't feel like an Assassin's Creed either. It felt like a Poverty's Creed...
wit all da rags and shiz

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 07:40 AM
i'm going to bed

that feels more like Assassin's Creed than any single Assassin's Creed ever.

Except for Assassin's Creed: Recollection. That captured the series the best.

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 07:42 AM
i'm going to bed

that feels more like Assassin's Creed than any single Assassin's Creed ever.

Except for Assassin's Creed: Recollection. That captured the series the best.
Yeah, i think it was the cards...Those where all the meat of the game were at, really...imo at least

Goodnight, Josh

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 07:47 AM
Assassins Creed II didn't make me feel like an Assassin at all too, it was all about revenge and banking..

@M. I highly agree with you there. AC2/ACB are the worst when it comes down to Character development, Side characters, plot, and just the overall Dis-I mean Templars villains. Btw, why are the Templars even considered Villains in those games!? The other games at least shed some light on that. AC3 especially......

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 07:49 AM
@M. I highly agree with you there. AC2/ACB are the worst when it comes down to Character development, Side characters, plot, and just the overall Dis-I mean Templars villains. Btw, why are the Templars even considered Villains in those games!? The other games at least shed some light on that. AC3 especially......
you know? I think I like you..you should be around during my infamous tirades and rants against AC II and ACB. I don't really dislike them, they're highly enjoyable but I have several gripes with them that pertain mostly to story and characterization, like you said..

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 08:03 AM
you know? I think I like you..you should be around during my infamous tirades and rants against AC II and ACB. I don't really dislike them, they're highly enjoyable but I have several gripes with them that pertain mostly to story and characterization, like you said..

I would love to actually.....I've seen a couple of your rants about AC2/ACB and I couldn't agree more. Let us join our blades together and rid the world of this ignorance!

Assassin_M
07-16-2014, 08:06 AM
I would love to actually.....I've seen a couple of your rants about AC2/ACB and I couldn't agree more. Let us join our blades together and rid the world of this ignorance!
YES..WOOO...finally, we will wage a crusade against one and all..

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 08:20 AM
YES..WOOO...finally, we will wage a crusade against one and all..

Yes, and someday we will Convince others to see their error.....and see those games for what they are!
*Holds up Hand*

yankeegamergirl
07-16-2014, 10:59 AM
So anyway....yeah I did not like her voice, nor the choice in the voice actor/actress.

Fatal-Feit
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM
@m. I highly agree with you there. Ac2/acb are the worst when it comes down to character development, side characters, plot, and just the overall dis-i mean templars villains. Btw, why are the templars even considered villains in those games!? The other games at least shed some light on that. Ac3 especially......

Who are you, and why aren't you my friend on Uplay? This forum could use more enlightened fans.

Namikaze_17
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Who are you, and why aren't you my friend on Uplay? This forum could use more enlightened fans.

They call me many things......handsome, Intelligent, Charming, but you can just call me Nami for short. But yeah, I just joined like a month ago. I'm glad to be around other enlighten fans as well. And thanks for the compliment!

Jexx21
07-16-2014, 05:51 PM
hey i'm like them too :(

Ureh
07-16-2014, 10:20 PM
I think Aveline's voice got the job done. It suited her character in Liberation - and the bonus mission - just fine. I guess if they make another game for her they could explore a wider range of emotions. And if they put as much work into all the facial animations (or mocap) and polygons like they did for Connor than it could help compliment Amber's acting.

Fatal-Feit
07-17-2014, 04:50 AM
hey i'm like them too :(

And I read every single one of your posts with anticipation.