PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Blades and lack of hygiene

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Has anyone else had the thought that Connor and Edwards blades are DUTTY?

They skin animals, then stab humans with it.

Discuss.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Lol wow, someone's nit picky. :rolleyes:

But maybe they clean it and they don't show? I've seen Haytham clean his a few times. Beats the heck out of me.

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Lol wow, someone's nit picky. :rolleyes:

But maybe they clean it and they don't show? I've seen Haytham clean his a few times. Beats the heck out of me.

But think about all the disease it spreads. Especially if Connor and Edward don't kill the person. What if they just slash away at someone with their DUTTY blades and run away.

That guard could get an STD

steveeire
07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Giving the time periods I don't think they where overly concerned with people they stab getting diseases, not to mention its very likely they didn't realise how diseases work, they would also keep there blades clean as blood covered blades have a tendency to rust, and in winter stick in there sheaths.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-15-2014, 05:45 PM
But think about all the disease it spreads. Especially if Connor and Edward don't kill the person. What if they just slash away at someone with their DUTTY blades and run away.

That guard could get an STD

Uhh... STD doesnt stand for "Stab Transmitted Disease" xD :rolleyes:

But I see what you mean. Maybe they didn't know about blood borne disease and such back then...

SHADOWGARVIN
07-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I was in the water a lot when i played Black Flag. Edward liked to swim! I'm pretty sure his blades were clean.

guardian_titan
07-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Most people didn't understand how things were transmitted back then or things being contagious. Tuberculosis wasn't really understood to be contagious until the 1800s for example. The fact that they understood small pox could be transmitted via blankets and other articles of clothing is a surprise.

Since weapons tend to rust if not cared for properly, obviously the weapons would have to be cleaned off-screen. That falls into the game play category. Darby wanted to have hull scraping in AC4 at one point but that got cut. Weapon cleaning would just be an annoying QTE and people already hated the animal attack QTEs. At best, it might be like AC3's lockpicking, and people hated that, too. Thinking about it, though, how is it that the Assassins can kill kill kill, get blood all over their clothes, and yet never wash them? :p Water only ever does so much. It doesn't remove germs so you'd think they'd eventually get sick from their own clothes. Or their clothes would develop holes, etc because they never seem to change them and wear them for years on end. Should be a game mechanic where the Assassin's clothes become more tattered over time forcing you to hit a tailor to get them repaired or you end up in your underwear if you completely neglect them. Then you have women screaming at you and men chasing you to throw you in jail for indecent exposure. :p That'd be funny to try to complete the game without your clothes. :D

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Uhh... STD doesnt stand for "Stab Transmitted Disease" xD :rolleyes:

Yes it does

I was in the water a lot when i played Black Flag. Edward liked to swim! I'm pretty sure his blades were clean.

Ah, true true!

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Well I imagine if a guard gets stabbed, the intention was for him to die anyway. Don't think an STD would worsen the mood. :rolleyes:

Xstantin
07-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Assassin's Creed: Germ Warfare

Hans684
07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Not just Connor and Edward, every Assassin. But I get the point, got anymore details to pick on?

Jexx21
07-15-2014, 06:57 PM
assassin's creed: tiger blood

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Not just Connor and Edward, every Assassin. But I get the point, got anymore details to pick on?

Was talking about skinning animals.

And this thread is for fun, I'm not "picking" on anything, take a joke.

Xstantin
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Ezio used his blades to open filthy sewer gates, not very hygienic too.

Hans684
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Was talking about skinning animals.

And this thread is for fun, I'm not "picking" on anything, take a joke.

As said got the point.

That idea crossed my mind, but I just finished the final season of Breaking Bad, so I'm not able to take the joke. Have you seen Breaking Bad?

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 07:19 PM
As said got the point.

That idea crossed my mind, but I just finished the final season of Breaking Bad, so I'm not able to take the joke. Have you seen Breaking Bad?

Nope, but I have made another thread for you!

Hans684
07-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Nope, but I have made another thread for you!

Recommended, thank you. Just what I needed.

Sushiglutton
07-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I wonder how you do when you need to take a leak and you're wearing dual hidden blades. I mean one careless motion with your wrist and noone will ever be able to experience your life in an Animus.

RenoRex1995
07-15-2014, 07:35 PM
I wonder how you do when you need to take a leak and you're wearing dual hidden blades. I mean one careless motion with your wrist and noone will ever be able to experience your life in an Animus.

I'm getting pictures in my head...

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Can you imagine trying to wipe a tear off a womans face and then

OOPS

You stab her through the cheek

Sushiglutton
07-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Can you imagine trying to wipe a tear off a womans face and then

OOPS

You stab her through the cheek

That would sure be a dating disaster ;)!

Sekuiya.
07-15-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm more concerned the other way around. You kill a man and then go hunting. The ammount of deseases that human beings have, they can end up on your dinner.
Just think about it!

RenoRex1995
07-15-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm more concerned the other way around. You kill a man and then go hunting. The ammount of deseases that human beings have, they can end up on your dinner.
Just think about it!

As long as the meat is well-done I guess it's okay...?

Abeonis
07-15-2014, 11:35 PM
"So it was with my [hidden] blade. When it got wet I cleaned it thoroughly, and I kept it greased to within an inch of its life, and so these days it barely made a noise when I ejected it. It was so quiet, in fact, that Prins didn't hear it." - Edward Kenway, Forsaken

"It began to occur to me that Vane might try to kill me. I kept my blades clean and though I didn't wear them [...] I kept them close at hand." - Edward Kenway, Forsaken

It's clear that Edward, at the very least, kept his blades in good condition, even though we never see it in-game. (Just as we never see him relieving himself, or enjoying a complete meal, both of which are certain to have happened at some point.) Presumably this is the case for other Assassins both before and after him...

Sesheenku
07-16-2014, 04:20 AM
It's death assurance. If you don't die from the stab, you'll die from animal aids a few years down the road.

Fatal-Feit
07-16-2014, 04:44 AM
You should be more concerned about Altair. He's allergic to water.

Moultonborough
07-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Didn't we see Ezio take a bath in Brotherhood among um........ other lets say activities? LOL

rrebe
07-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Well that'd be an interesting mission to play:
An assassin sitting by the campfire. "Press X to wipe clean. For 100% sync don't miss a spot". :rolleyes:

HDinHB
07-16-2014, 08:54 AM

It's a little known fact that all Assassin's, as part of initiation, not only cut off their ring finger, but also their foreskin.

Well, male Assassin's anyway.

What if you used your hidden blade to make a PB&J and then stabbed someone with a peanut allergy?

LoyalACFan
07-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm more concerned with how they got all that blood off their shimmering white robes. This was before the days of Oxy-Clean, people.

pacmanate
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
It's clear that Edward, at the very least, kept his blades in good condition, even though we never see it in-game. (Just as we never see him relieving himself, or enjoying a complete meal, both of which are certain to have happened at some point.) Presumably this is the case for other Assassins both before and after him...

Actually this is false. Edward never goes to the toilet either.

Layytez
07-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Back then people got disease just by looking at the animal.

jeordievera
07-16-2014, 02:34 PM
There should be a side activity called The Everyday Life, where we would just do the simple things like going to toilet, eating, cleaning our weapons etc..Fun stuff! :cool: