PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on new heaven cards

MoritzBradtke
07-15-2014, 03:30 PM
I wanted to give some feedback on the new heaven playablity so i decided to start this thread.
First, form my point of view heaven is more competitive than in heart of nightmares yes but it could be better but ist a first step.

Heaven can win against necropolis now, lots of the new Cards are suited against dark Magic what is fine and works, all together heaven can be competitive against control decks i think but it has MAJOR Problems against rush decks... it's really hard to win against rush decks like garrant and sanctuary, almost impossible to me....

I was able to get my Champion II back with heaven tough, but i dont know if Champion III is even possible but who knows...

My Feedback on some Cards:

Barracks: good card but useless against rush, if it cant build up, is banished or killed right away, its good in midīlate game tough, can become very high stacks

garrison: better than barracks in my opinion because it can lead to very strong stacks very quick but its a Combo card of course what makes it worse but seriously heaven doesnt has much choices atm if u want some dmg so u will want it...

blinding light:
its good i guess, because it makes it possible to hit ememys hero with something strong but it can be removed, what makes it worse again, funny if deleb kills the creature and Plays something else on the Slot... lol but it gives heaven some board control, would have been alot better if crature couldnt be targeted of course so its not so usefull, why? heaven is no rush faction, atm pretty pointless spell in my opinion, only good against decks who cant easily remove it whch are quite rare

new heaven Drops are ok but most are very defensive and therefore its stil hard to deal dmg, stacks are very strong but are Combo cards, best heaven got in gb, griffin legionnaire is better its Counterpart because he has retalation, however until ur'e able to Play a big or some stacks with garrison, ur'e usually dead against rush decks because 20 life Points are nothing and totally set rush decks in an Advantage

i dont think heaven will Play a role in top tiers, just because its still to defensive and cant survive rush decks, a Problem that should be solved next time but like i said things got better by a lot and new heaven is fun to Play (:

girolamocas
07-17-2014, 08:40 AM
[...] funny if deleb kills the creature and Plays something else on the Slot [...]

Just a clarification on this: Deleb cannot destroy a Demon and then deploy a new one on the same square with her ability.

Oh, and it's "Haven", not "Heaven" :)

MoritzBradtke
07-24-2014, 09:58 PM
one bidding here... i think ist obvious u have to Change some old haven Cards if ist supossed to be competive EVER...
its better now but ist still not playing in top tiers, i barely meet haven decks, for obvious reason....

i Kind of gave up getting 1600elo+ with haven ist just too hard, fast decks like deleb or Bastion just overrun u, nothing u can do!

and i can also tell u why, its because haven is slow and Combo oriented

barracks Combo Card.... garrison Combo Card.... new stackables Combo Card.... benevolent angel....Combo Card... im already running 3 devised tactics and it works well and i like it but its too slow

please make griffin battle priest better, give him 2 dmg and less rataltion and more life, a Card which is so needed for haven but unplayable at the Moment

rethink healing it should work when u Play the priest, priests are all crap(sry but true), rethink the value of retalation or do something for it, ist just pointless to give a creature more retalation if u cant get a use out of it

new haven Cards could have been better because u said haven would be alot better also ist griffin bane Expansion.... dont want to blame anyone and haven got a boost sure but im playing a stack deck with cassandra and always around 1400-1500, haven should be able to do more

superktro
09-04-2014, 07:37 PM
haven has a style of defense, and if its creatures start to get high dmg to retaliation ration then demons would be obsolete. Academy has got very poor creatures (except cloudshaper) and really bad cards in griffin bane which makes academy non-playable except the otks. haven will do fine if it just gets few more stackable units

Portios86
09-04-2014, 08:21 PM
haven has a style of defense, and if its creatures start to get high dmg to retaliation ration then demons would be obsolete. Academy has got very poor creatures (except cloudshaper) and really bad cards in griffin bane which makes academy non-playable except the otks. haven will do fine if it just gets few more stackable units

Haven is playable but not fine, and stackable creatures are the worst idea to fix haven, by far, really, the worst possible idea. With new stackables we could do something nice with garrison though, so it might work, but Iīm not sure. And right now, stackables make haven too slow and too weak at blocking different rows in the first turns. They are underpowered until you play a 2nd stack, thatīs a turn with a very weak creature followed by turn where you donīt play creatures, you just make your creature bigger. It makes blocking a pain, and it gives zero board control and pressure.

If I understand, you say retaliation would make demons (inferno?) worse. Retaliation doesnīt work in haven, there are too much inmunity to retaliation and too many cheap spells and week of mercenaries to kill creatures without getting retaliation damage.

superktro
09-08-2014, 07:56 PM
barracks is cool
garrsion is a piece of garbage
blinding light is a very intresting and high potential card, not to mention quite powerful
devout priest though 1 attack has 7 health and quite nasty ability against control decks and a good defence against rush

superktro
09-08-2014, 07:59 PM
i meant if haven started to have creeatures like ravager, then demons would be obsolete
academy is the worst now
stackable units give me a lot of win and card advantage and quite good finisher moves