PDA

View Full Version : What happens with Wii U?

massive1111
07-15-2014, 12:46 AM
No DLCs for ACIV.

No future plans for Unity or Comet?

Whats the problem?

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 12:47 AM
It didn't bring in the manies.

massive1111
07-15-2014, 12:55 AM
This is not worth an answer. WiiU has the same capacity or more than PS3 or 360. I just think it's a business problem. "Consumers nintendo" are beginning to our fill of this policy

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 12:58 AM
Wii U black flag literally barely accounted for 1% of Ubisoft's BF sales in the past couple months. Highest it's been is 7% i think?

Wii U does have more power than 360/ps3, but not as much as ps4/xbone.

That being said, Unity likely cannot run on Wii U.

However, if Ubisoft doesn't mind chances of little profit, they may release Comet on Wii U.( Despite Wii U technically being current gen. )

Jexx21
07-15-2014, 01:07 AM
It does take money to port games to other systems. The Wii U isn't turning in enough money to make it worth it. It's likely that they aren't earning a profit at all or are possibly loosing money (it might cost more to port the games to Wii U than the amount the Wii U sales actually bring in).

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 01:10 AM
It never got to a point where they lost money to my knowledge.

But it was on the line of not worth it.

Still, if there's no harm done, they might as well show support for Nintendo and include Wii U for comet.

#andmaybeonedaywe'llgetACinsmash #hahahaiwish

Bashilir
07-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Forget it exists. :rolleyes:

goob0t
07-15-2014, 05:19 AM
Ubi sid they are no longer going to support Wii U as long as it has a low install base.

Moultonborough
07-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Ubi sid they are no longer going to support Wii U as long as it has a low install base.

Yet they are currently working on the WII U port of Watch Dogs. Yes...I know most likely by contract but if they wanted Ubi could pull out of it since it's the developer. And cancel because it's not worth it money wise.

phoenix-force411
07-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Ubi did state that they have not given up on the Wii U, and they continue to support it but they need to see an increase in sales before they consider porting a game to the Wii U. ACIII did kind of well, whereas, ACIV, not so much. ACIV didn't even receive the PC, PS4, and XBone, versions of ACIV.

Farlander1991
07-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Out of 8.77 million retail Black Flag sales, WiiU version is 0.18 million copies. That's 2%. That's even less than PC retail sales (and PC retail is not representative of PC sales as in PC market the biggest share of sold copies is digital, which are not openly tracked).

And the truth is that porting to WiiU is not easy and leads to a whole lot of problems.

wvstolzing
07-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Mac users too were frustrated, since they got AC2 and ACB, but no ACR.

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 05:14 PM
I keep forgetting Wii U is even a system.

Xstantin
07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Some info from NeoGAF (I think original source was Polygon)

"Watch Dogs, Guillemot said, is still coming to the Wii U this November, but Ubisoft is being much more careful with new projects.

We did adapt the number of products to the level of quantities that the machine did," he said. "So we will have Just Dance again which is well suited for the machine. We'll have Watch Dogs. We have another couple of products that we are waiting to launch, specifically we have one game that we wait for the machine to be more mass market to launch."

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
I think that's fair.

No sense in dedicating to a machine that doesn't quite have its hold yet.

It'll get better when Smash Bros releases. :o

DumbGamerTag94
07-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Wii U??? That's a thing. I thought Wii died a miserable death years ago after it was first released and people bought em like hotcakes cuz "oooooh motion sensors" was super cool new thing at the time.

And then after that first year or two and the motion sensor novelty wore off. People realized it was basically the exact same thing as a GameCube with an added motion sensor. So they were left with a crappy quality console that had very few non Nintendo games so you were pretty much stuck playing Mario games and games for 6year olds on a console with not much better visuals than the previous generation. Meanwhile you have the great graphical advancements of the PS3 and Xbox360 with awesome titles that almost always skipped Wii. So people either ditched their wii or bought another console on top of it to play real games. And after Xbox and PS added motion sensors wii was pretty much pointless.

And thus Wii sales dropped after the first few years and other consoles remained successful.

And now Wii U which is like a Wii but with a touch pad I guess and once again has far lower graphics capabilities than the Xbox1 or PS4. And has the same problem with getting good games.

And for that reason I will never buy another Nintendo console(even though I was a huge fan years ago). Because I won't spend money for last gen quality and no good games(that aren't Nintendo exclusives like smash bros and Mario cart).

And I've lived this exact story last time with the Wii I won't fall for it again. So I have to say goodbye to Nintendo. And they are slowly burying themselves alive, I wouldn't be surprised if they fall apart in the near future at least as consoles go. They may want to just make games.

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 07:06 PM
Such a lovely attitude towards Nintendo.

pacmanate
07-15-2014, 07:10 PM

Well what he said is correct.

DumbGamerTag94
07-15-2014, 07:10 PM

Haha sorry they just lost all my respect ever since they strapped a motion sensor to a GameCube and called it a new console. I was extremely disappointed and lost faith in them. And now it looks like their doing the same thing again. I just feel like Nintendo is always one generation behind everyone else as far as quality. And not to mention the struggle they have getting good games that they don't already own(and if they didn't own those IPs they'd probably jump ship too) lol

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Ehhh well I generally enjoyed the Wii games I got. Especially Skyward Sword which was based on motion control.

They're one generation behind in terms of power but I disagree on quality. I enjoyed Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, Punch-Out, Xenoblade Chronicles, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Smash Bros Brawl, etc.

Plus expecting a nintendo console to have a lot of non-nintendo games is somewhat silly IMO. Nintendo has always been focused on their own IPs for their consoles. Also it's a family console. So ofc it's not going to have a ton of teen-M games.

But if you disagree, meh, more power to you I suppose.

@pac

I found the problems he had more having to do with his personal taste/opinion. But it's a simple agree to disagree I suppose.

I'm personally excited for Wii U games to come such as Xenoblade Chronicles, Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, and Zelda U. Yeah Nintendo IPs (aside from Xenoblade) but thats basically what Nintendo is about.

Xstantin
07-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Splatoon seems to be getting fanfollowing already as well.

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 07:34 PM
I personally find splatoon not interesting.

But hey, I was never a fan of team vs team games anyway.

If people enjoy it, then I'm glad.

DumbGamerTag94
07-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Well yes Mayrice. I did say the Nintendo IPs were good. But not enough to carry the thing. Thus the massive drop in nintendo's popularity over the past several years. I agree it's largely my opinion. But it's not opinion that Nintendo is a gen behind in power. And that they get very few non Nintendo games and the ones they do are usually terrible or at best a very watered down and graphically downgraded version of the original game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Well I'm not disagreeing with you their third party library sucks.

But meh. I personally get all my non-exclusive games on PC. So to me all consoles really only have first party to impress me. And so far nintendo's first party impresses me a lot more than microsoft's. And I find Ps4's first party a bit empty.

Ofc this feeling only applies because i dont use consoles for non-exclusives so....

I understand if you don't think it's enough to carry. If I was a casual consumer i wouldnt buy a wii u right now. or any current gen console really. not a lot of exclusive games for me out right now. but there'll be some good ones for everyone by the times 2015 arrives.