PDA

View Full Version : More random events for AC Unity!

EmbodyingSeven5
07-14-2014, 10:01 PM
one of the things I love in a game is the small quirks or details that increase awe in a player and makes the world around you seem more real. for example in assassins creed unity I want moments when im moving through the streets and I spot a execution taking place in a large stage, the guillotine primed and ready to slice the head off a poor soul. and I have the option to intervene. either by starting a riot to get a small war start between the crowd and guards or tampering with the device from far away creating panic. or running up and starting a fight myself. or do nothing and go about my day. or for example I come across things like this happening already between guards and citizens. I know it looked like this in the demo but im not sold. it reminded me too much of Connors seamless liberation missions from assassins creed 3. they happened but once you completed it you wouldn't come across it again. make citizens look more like they are interacting with the world just as you are. wouldn't be cool to get in a fight with a few guards and have someone from the crowd join you. or to start your own riot like Connors French initiate from AC3.let us make our own small stories from within the world by crafting unique and truly interactive npcs. what kind of cool stuff would you guys like too see?

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 10:16 PM
what kind of cool stuff would you guys like too see?
throwable poop

Bashilir
07-15-2014, 01:25 AM
I was thinking about this earlier today was thinking of some. Imagine you're running across a rooftop and all of a sudden you hear a woman screaming: "No! Get away from me!". Of course Arno being the Knight in Shining armor, he checks it out. He looks to his left and sees a woman in the window getting attacked by her husband, Arno bursts in and subdues the Husband. Another one, if Ubisoft wanted to, could be a woman in the streets getting attacked by a group of men trying to "violate" her, if you catch my drift.

JustPlainQuirky
07-15-2014, 01:28 AM
Real-time cake eating physics.

I-Like-Pie45
07-15-2014, 01:30 AM
shaving minigame

Xstantin
07-15-2014, 01:30 AM
Baguette-baking minigame

TheIronLotus420
07-15-2014, 01:59 AM
The problem with AC demos (which also afflicts a lot of other games, not just AC) is that the gameplay shown, and the events therein, are all scripted. That is, everything down to the people and events you encounter on the protagonists (literal) path through the world (like murder mystery, random events like chasing criminal, guillotine, etc.) were placed by the developer specifically to showcase that specific demo.

For example, in ACIII's gameplay demo, they showcased some random events that never made it into the actual release version of the game.

I really hope this doesn't happen with Unity. I loved all of the side quest opportunities shown in the gameplay demos. I want the world to be absolutely crawling with things like that, even if that means at the expense of being repetitive.