PDA

View Full Version : More close-up Killcams?

WendysBrioche
07-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks the camera should zoom in once you start attacking a single person.

For example, once a fight starts, the camera will still pan out and give a wider view in third person, but once you start attacking it zooms in to give a better view of the combat moves similar to when a kill cam happens.

It could be done in a way where you can still see when someone's about to attack you- the camera angle will change so you will notice the attack.

I just think the camera goes out too far to make the combat look cool. I think the combat would look a lot better if it zoomed in up close and gave a more cinematic feel.

Like in this video: @ 1:21 and 1:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJT1EGcCelc

Jexx21
07-14-2014, 09:16 PM
I do not want this.

HoIcon
07-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Just seems unnecessary to me, i'd prefer if the combat got more realistic, more about timing like Dark Souls but not like Dark souls if you know what i mean, being careful, no more killstreaks either, ACII onward it was always why sneak into this enemy fort to kill one person when you can kill everyone in the fort with ease

Then again i'm more into AC for the story rather than the combat, what i really want is for there to be a more physical brotherhood presence in the next few AC games, it's dwindled so much in the past few games

RinoTheBouncer
07-15-2014, 03:41 PM
I think we should get more close-ups and dynamic cameras in AC:U. One can’t notice all the beauty in details and graphics if the camera is a mile away from you at all times.

Jexx21
07-15-2014, 03:50 PM
I just want a photo mode for Unity.

That's it.

ACfan443
07-15-2014, 04:03 PM
I'd love a photo mode. Capturing those scenic vistas atop gargantuan landmarks would be delightful.

WendysBrioche
07-15-2014, 08:00 PM
I think we should get more close-ups and dynamic cameras in AC:U. One can’t notice all the beauty in details and graphics if the camera is a mile away from you at all times.

I know!!! I just can't help but notice how great the combat looks in previews when the camera's a little closer, there's so much detail and you miss out on it with the camera pushed out as far as it is.

Speaking of which I was never a fan of that swooping sound you get in the finishing moves from AC 3 and 4. I hope they get rid of those. It's too gamish and breaks away from the realism aspect of these games, which I think they should go for with the tech they have now. I'm all for realism and immersion in the effects and sounds of this game. Ever since AC 1 it blew me away but they've switched slightly in favor of a more psuedo arcade style for their sound effects when it comes to things like the finishing moves.