PDA

View Full Version : Hill Climb CP Reset (please help)

auzkahglt
07-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Ive built a Forcefield to Reset the Rider to the first Checkpoint once he/she reached the Top(disappears after first hit)! works fine

My Problem is that my Hill Climb Counter will resets too...but i would like to drive the track again with adding more meters to the Counter

Is this possible somehow?

if anyone understands what im talking^^ please help thanks

sry 4 bad english:cool:

Archon453
07-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Your issue is really that you have "reset in checkpoint restart" turned on in your logic for your hill climb counter. If, you take and turn it off, with all of your logic components, then your issue should disappear. I would look into making your track longer as well, but; if you don't think this would be good, then by all means continue on with what you're doing.

It is your track, not mine. :p

Best of luck and hope this helps

Cheers, Archon453

auzkahglt
07-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Your issue is really that you have "reset in checkpoint restart" turned on in your logic for your hill climb counter. If, you take and turn it off, with all of your logic components, then your issue should disappear. I would look into making your track longer as well, but; if you don't think this would be good, then by all means continue on with what you're doing.

It is your track, not mine. :p

Best of luck and hope this helps

Cheers, Archon453

thanks for the answer will try this when im home again.

im allready planning to make my hil climb as high as possible but the editor wonlet me go higher than ~1100m and i want to make maybe a 2 or 3000m hill climb=)

cheers^^

Zorsselsson
07-14-2014, 09:17 PM
So you basically just have to copy the heights to each laps variables, add them together and you got your total height.

One way to script it.

- You have your Distance Operator (height).
- Make a Set Value Event which copies its value all the time, and connect an Interval Trigger to it.
- When you complete a "lap", you add 1 to a variable representing the lap count.
- That lap value is the index of an Object Pointer which guides the Set Value Events target to the current laps Variable Data Source
- Add the lap height variables together and use that as the Primary Score.

Tested this and it worked.