PDA

View Full Version : Removal of white room moments!

EmbodyingSeven5
07-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Hey guys. lately I've been watching the interviews for AC unity and I came across something I don't like. one of the developers revealed that the classic white rooms will be taken from the next game. let me be the first to say that I hate this! I loved the white rooms because both the assassin and his or her target could confess and connect on a certain level. for me this humanized the Templars and assassins both. instead a new mechanic will take its place. the developer explained it as the targets life flashing through their eyes right before the blade hits. this will be used instead of the target confessing info or the assassins finding a letter or document on the body. unity seams like its breaking a lot of AC traditions. in some ways it seems interesting and others I really dislike. what do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Nah I like the new concept better where you see a flashback of the enemy's life.

Less telling, more showing I say. :p

marvelfannumber
07-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Variety is the spice of life.

Jexx21
07-12-2014, 09:29 PM
I didn't like this at first either, but I think the life flashing thing is cooler and is better from an iconography standpoint as it makes a lot more sense in the rules of the Assassin's Creed universe.

guardian_titan
07-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Maybe it was a pain to write the speeches for those scenes? Removal of the white room is a strange change since it's been in the series from the start, but given other changes and this being a new direction for the series, I suppose we'll see where it goes. Not sure I see the point to the flashing of the Templar's life before their eyes. How are we supposed to know what went on in their life? Not like that's occurring in front of Arno unless he's been stalking them for years. Wee bit of a strange change.

Guess with all the changes incoming, it won't be Assassin's Creed as we know it going forward. It'd be like comparing Dracula with Bela Lugosi or the original novel by Bram Stoker to any of the modern versions of the same name (or any other older movie with a modern reboot). Only time will tell if this backfires on Ubisoft or works to their advantage. Reboots often seem to fall flat.

Jexx21
07-12-2014, 09:38 PM
The way it works is that apparently eagle vision will allow for Arno to absorb the dude's memories or something.

Sesheenku
07-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Maybe it was a pain to write the speeches for those scenes? Removal of the white room is a strange change since it's been in the series from the start, but given other changes and this being a new direction for the series, I suppose we'll see where it goes. Not sure I see the point to the flashing of the Templar's life before their eyes. How are we supposed to know what went on in their life? Not like that's occurring in front of Arno unless he's been stalking them for years. Wee bit of a strange change.

Guess with all the changes incoming, it won't be Assassin's Creed as we know it going forward. It'd be like comparing Dracula with Bela Lugosi or the original novel by Bram Stoker to any of the modern versions of the same name (or any other older movie with a modern reboot). Only time will tell if this backfires on Ubisoft or works to their advantage. Reboots often seem to fall flat.

Reboots fall flat when they don't respect the source material enough. This won't be like that, it's simply a change to a minor aspect.

Aphex_Tim
07-12-2014, 09:45 PM
I don't really mind. I've always found it odd that you could assassinate a target, alerting the guards around and then have a five-minute conversation with your target before the guards decide to go after you.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 09:47 PM
@jexx

More proof to my conspiracy theory that Alex Mercer and assassins are connected. :rolleyes:

@aphex

agreed.

Especially weird when I snap their necks and they talk fine.

Aphex_Tim
07-12-2014, 09:49 PM
I know right? Or when burying an axe in their head.. :p

Calvarok
07-12-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't really mind. I've always found it odd that you could assassinate a target, alerting the guards around and then have a five-minute conversation with your target before the guards decide to go after you.
the way it works now is that in the moments just before your target completely dies, Arno uses an eagle vision technique (kinda like a mind-meld) to gain information from him and see the previous events from his perspective. It's a spiritual successor to the white room moments, and I'd imagine the target would get to narrate it.

But all of that happens in a split second, so it makes sense that the guards won't react while you're in said moment.

I'll post a video where Alexandre explains it.

Jexx21
07-12-2014, 09:51 PM
would be cool if right before it happens, the HUD is removed, slo-mo comes into affect, the camera zooms in on Arno and his target right at the point before the kill, and then there's a flash and the cutscene starts.

... I really hope Unity has a photo mode.

Calvarok
07-12-2014, 09:54 PM
It's in this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haN0FD-9jM

There's a lot of good stuff in there.

He starts talking about it at about 10:00, but you might want to watch the whole thing

Aphex_Tim
07-12-2014, 10:00 PM
You see, this I like! I'll watch the interview later since I don't have a lot of time at the moment but gaining information in a split second makes a lot more sense than having an entire conversation. I know, suspension of disbelief and all (in AC1 it was quite a stylish choice), but after six games it started to get a little on my nerves; especially since Edward's conversations weren't quite deep or revealing. These were just "Lol, I'm just after a bit of coin!", which is fine but not for white room convo's.

Actually I'm quite surprised I've never seen any spoofs on it; with the idea of guards freaking out because the Assassin and his target just disappeared into thin air and after a couple of minutes suddenly appeared again.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-12-2014, 10:02 PM
So they're taking away the white rooms?

Hmmm....

I feel sad and intrigued at the same time because I'm gonna miss what we're used to, but I also want to know what it's gonna look like from now on after killing the targets.

Calvarok
07-12-2014, 10:10 PM
You see, this I like! I'll watch the interview later since I don't have a lot of time at the moment but gaining information in a split second makes a lot more sense than having an entire conversation. I know, suspension of disbelief and all (in AC1 it was quite a stylish choice), but after six games it started to get a little on my nerves; especially since Edward's conversations weren't quite deep or revealing. These were just "Lol, I'm just after a bit of coin!", which is fine but not for white room convo's.

Actually I'm quite surprised I've never seen any spoofs on it; with the idea of guards freaking out because the Assassin and his target just disappeared into thin air and after a couple of minutes suddenly appeared again.
Edward's conversations were more about the darkness in his targets that resembled the darkness in him. (as almost all of them were either men who gained riches going down their path, or came from his lifestyle and lost themselves) I thought it was pretty important, and well-connected.

Calvarok
07-12-2014, 10:18 PM
So they're taking away the white rooms?

Hmmm....

I feel sad and intrigued at the same time because I'm gonna miss what we're used to, but I also want to know what it's gonna look like from now on after killing the targets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haN0FD-9jM

skip to 10:00.

SixKeys
07-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I'll have to experience it before deciding whether it's a good change, but I like the idea. Reminds me of the AC2 target videos where we got to hear a bit about their background and their connection to the Templars.

masterfenix2009
07-12-2014, 10:50 PM
At first I didn't like it, but now that I think about it, it's a great idea!

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Imagine it.

You see a murder scene.

You track down the killer.

You kill him and at the same time you see a flashback of his life and crucial events that led up to his killing.

You know what happened now and you know why.

But at the same time, you have sympathy.

My body is ready :cool:

Calvarok
07-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Imagine it.

You see a murder scene.

You track down the killer.

You kill him and at the same time you see a flashback of his life and crucial events that led up to his killing.

You know what happened now and you know why.

But at the same time, you have sympathy.

My body is ready :cool:
Apparently the murder mysteries will end with you actually sending people to jail, since I assume they're not templars just because they killed someone.

But yeah that basic feel applied to main assassinations will be cool.

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Apparently the murder mysteries will end with you actually sending people to jail, since I assume they're not templars just because they killed someone.

But yeah that basic feel applied to main assassinations will be cool.

Oh right.

You can also send to jail innocent people.

#illjustarrestthewrongpeopleonpurpose

SixKeys
07-12-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm really curious how sending innocent people to jail works. How will you find out they were innocent? Can you choose to do it on purpose? Are there consequences? Is it as easy as identifying guilty or innocent persons with Eagle Vision or do you actually have to do some detective work?

JustPlainQuirky
07-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Well the devs said you use eagle vision to find clues.

I'm going to assume it will work similarly to the hunting mechanic in AC3 where you examine 'evidence' and the game slowly pinpoints the culprit for you.

Because let's face it in a game with 5,000+ NPCs on screen there's no way you're going to be able to do a proper investigation on everybody's alibis and backgrounds.

Unless the game is like "here's 3 locations of suspects. talk to each one and make an educated guess based on their testimonies"

SixKeys
07-12-2014, 11:50 PM

I'm going to assume it will work similarly to the hunting mechanic in AC3 where you examine 'evidence' and the game slowly pinpoints the culprit for you.

That would be awesome, as long as it works like the Mad Doctor's Castle, where you have multiple clues and get a little replay of the events.

Shahkulu101
07-12-2014, 11:59 PM
What I'm interested to find out is how can Arno just decide to lock up whomever he wishes on a whim? Maybe he's an individual with that kind of power, or it's done differently.

Perhaps we can present our evidence in a trial. :rolleyes:

SixKeys
07-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Also curious how this works with full sync. Did Arno really condemn innocent people to prison?

I-Like-Pie45
07-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Nobody is innocent

goob0t
07-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Im going to send as many innocent people to jail as possible, it will be like modern America except less harsh, you smoke leaf you go prison for life! You drink when 19 you jail! You insane? Jail! ;P

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Im going to send as many innocent people to jail as possible, it will be like modern America except less harsh, you smoke leaf you go prison for life! You drink when 19 you jail! You insane? Jail!

Well we now know someone's political views.

Welcome to the forums anyway. (not sure if I already said that to you. there's been a lot of new recruits lately)

goob0t
07-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Well we now know someone's political views.

Welcome to the forums anyway. (not sure if I already said that to you. there's been a lot of new recruits lately)

Thanks, BTW i was kinda joking, not about me sending as many people to jail as possible part but the other part, well kinda :P

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 12:26 AM
Actually the way it works is you examine evidence and you have to figure out who you think the evidence points to with your own brain. supposedly you won't just be told who the guilty party is through eagle sense.

Then you have a list of suspects from the evidence you've found, and you have to choose which one you think did it.

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 12:37 AM
What I'm interested to find out is how can Arno just decide to lock up whomever he wishes on a whim? Maybe he's an individual with that kind of power, or it's done differently.

Perhaps we can present our evidence in a trial. :rolleyes:

There's probably no evidence. Just your word for it. And don't be surprised if prison isn't part of the equation. My bet is the people we decide to accuse go straight to the guillotine. And if they are innocent we lose a possible ally or deals at a shop or something.

It is the French Revolution after all. The slightest accusation of being anti revolutionary or any kind of crime could send you right to the guillotine. The trials were shams and it didn't matter how powerful you were as long as someone was willing to accuse you of a crime.

I mean power never saved Robespierre or Danton from the national razor. What's stopping it's blade falling on some random citizen?

So I would presume that's how the murder mysteries end. Arno probably doesn't have any special pull with the police or anything. He most likely just feeds the ones he believes guilty to the bloodthirsty hounds of the revolution. What a brutal time period really.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 12:42 AM
actually you're supposed to be able to go to prison and look at the people you imprisoned.

it might actually be possible it's an Assassin prison.

roostersrule2
07-13-2014, 12:51 AM
I'm not a fan but I'll live.

The question is can Ubi's writers now make the targets morally ambiguous before their deaths?

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 12:52 AM
can Jexx be a target

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 12:53 AM
actually you're supposed to be able to go to prison and look at the people you imprisoned.

it might actually be possible it's an Assassin prison.

Oh the Assassins themselves imprison these people?

Are the gonna lock them up in the catacombs or something? Or just hand them over to authorities? Cuz if the latter I'm still banking on them getting their noggins separated from the shoulder. Perhaps they are held for a day or two in a jail. Or they say something in the cart or on the platform to their execution. That could be where we learn if they are guilty or not. Lol it wasn't lake today back then where you can have people on death row for 50 years even with multiple guilty verdicts :rolleyes: during the French rev you'd be lucky to spend a week or two in jail before losing your head(literally) after only one short(and fairly shady) trial.

So I'm curious to see how this works. I wonder if we can help an innocent person escape jail if we feel we messed up. Or if they are doomed. Hmm I feel like I will end up feeling really guilty playing this game if not lol

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 12:54 AM
I'll just arrest any woman who comes begging for money and hope her head is painfully severed.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 12:57 AM
I think it might be that the Assassin's are like "dis ain't justice. we be takin dese murder cases in our own hands. let build us a prison"
So the Assassins establish their own prison system because of the anarchy going on.

(on a side note I don't know what I was trying to do with those grammar mishaps in that quote)

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 01:05 AM
I definately don't like that. Flashbacks are cool, but the confessions are iconic. A mix of both would be better.

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 01:07 AM
I think it might be that the Assassin's are like "dis ain't justice. we be takin dese murder cases in our own hands. let build us a prison"
So the Assassins establish their own prison system because of the anarchy going on.

(on a side note I don't know what I was trying to do with those grammar mishaps in that quote)

Hmmm I don't know. Doesn't the whole idea of an assassin run prison seem kind of un assassiny? I mean these are murder suspects here. Wouldn't the assassins just kill them themselves. I mean that's kinda what the assassins do. Murder murderers.

And besides I read somewhere that Arno was held for a time in the Bastille and escaped. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he takes part in the disassembly of it either. So it can't be there. And not only that it would also seem just a bit hypocritical of Arno since he himself escaped prison. Idk

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Iconography can be stronger when a weak icon is replaced with a stronger one.

That's the only way I would ever accept the removal of the leap of faith, if there was a stronger icon introduced, one that has more potential than controlled descent.

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I definately don't like that. Flashbacks are cool, but the confessions are iconic. A mix of both would be better.

I agree with this 100%

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Hmmm I don't know. Doesn't the whole idea of an assassin run prison seem kind of un assassiny? I mean these are murder suspects here. Wouldn't the assassins just kill them themselves. I mean that's kinda what the assassins do. Murder murderers.

And besides I read somewhere that Arno was held for a time in the Bastille and escaped. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he takes part in the disassembly of it either. So it can't be there. And not only that it would also seem just a bit hypocritical of Arno since he himself escaped prison. Idk

Assassins kill those who risk allowing free-will or those who are large impediments in the goal of peace.

Murderers are murderers, yes, but not all of them are large impediments to the Assassin cause.

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 01:12 AM

Because let's face it in a game with 5,000+ NPCs on screen there's no way you're going to be able to do a proper investigation on everybody's alibis and backgrounds.

Unless the game is like "here's 3 locations of suspects. talk to each one and make an educated guess based on their testimonies"

Just don't be anything like L.A. Noir. God. Don't be anything like L.A. Noir...

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:13 AM
Hey I like L.A. Noire :rolleyes:

But there's NO WAY the gameplay will be like L.A. Noire. Ubi wouldnt make a sidequest THAT deep in mechanics

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:14 AM
I want Dishonored 2

DumbGamerTag94
07-13-2014, 01:16 AM
Just don't be anything like L.A. Noir. God. Don't be anything like L.A. Noir...

I actually liked LA Noir. Quite a bit actually. I would like the side quests to be like that

roostersrule2
07-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Just don't be anything like L.A. Noir. God. Don't be anything like L.A. Noir...You talking **** about LA Noire?

Filth! I will have your life!

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 01:24 AM
Hey I like L.A. Noire :rolleyes:

But there's NO WAY the gameplay will be like L.A. Noire. Ubi wouldnt make a sidequest THAT deep in mechanics

Lmao. I'm glad you liked it. I thought it was terrible. I wasn't even dissapointed at all when my disc broke. XD My main gripe with that game was it had a HUGE open world, like 5X the size of gta... with nothing to do in it and a breif campaign as well.

You're probably right, it wouldn't be that thorough. I just hope the "feel" of it is completely different. The historic time period should be a spin on it enough to make it good on my part.

Idk... I was initially thrilled and still am about the murder mystery missions. I just hope the narrative for them doesn't come off as cheesy, which is a serious problem I have when it comes to video games- I find them to cheesy and childish, and inconsistently so for a game that's rate for mature audiences, but is in the end probably marketed to far younger...

It's cartoonish voice acting that really gets to me.

I'm a bit worried the flash bakcs will be able to be pulled off in a narrative sense effectively... I think it has a high probability to confuse players rather than put the final piece in the puzzle in a way that players will immediately recognize.

I actually liked LA Noir. Quite a bit actually. I would like the side quests to be like that

You talking **** about LA Noire?

Filth! I will have your life!

Yikes, didn't expect a lot of L.A. Noir fans to be on here. Sorry! :p

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Lmao. I'm glad you liked it. I thought it was terrible. I wasn't even dissapointed at all when my disc broke. XD My main gripe with that game was it had a HUGE open world, like 5X the size of gta... with nothing to do in it and a breif campaign as well.

You're probably right, it wouldn't be that thorough. I just hope the "feel" of it is completely different. The historic time period should be a spin on it enough to make it good on my part.

Idk... I was initially thrilled and still am about the murder mystery missions. I just hope the narrative for them doesn't come off as cheesy, which is a serious problem I have when it comes to video games- I find them to cheesy and childish, and inconsistent for a game that's rate for mature audiences, but is probably marketed to far younger...

I'm a bit worried the flash bakcs will be able to be pulled off in a narrative sense effectively... I think it has a high probability to confuse players rather than put the final piece in the puzzle in a way that players will immediately recognize.

Well LA Noire isn't a sandbox or open world game. The vast setting is just there to give a sense of scale and livelihood.

And I dont understand your worry. reword please?

roostersrule2
07-13-2014, 01:28 AM

Idk... I was initially thrilled and still am about the murder mystery missions. I just hope the narrative for them doesn't come off as cheesy, which is a serious problem I have when it comes to video games- I find them to cheesy and childish, and inconsistent for a game that's rate for mature audiences, but is probably marketed to far younger...

I'm a bit worried the flash bakcs will be able to be pulled off in a narrative sense effectively... I think it has a high probability to confuse players rather than put the final piece in the puzzle in a way that players will immediately recognize.The campaign is like 20 hours, 25 with the DLC. The map was under-utilised though yes.

@Mayrice

LA Noire is open world, you could do those 40 small side missions but other then that their wasn't much to do after the story.

I think the murder mystery side missons will be awesome, maybe even the best side missons AC has ever had.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:31 AM
I love the murder mystery genre.

But the genre has been sucking lately. (dont get me started on Murdered: Soul Suspect)

I doubt the side mission will impress. It'll probably be less 'figure it out on your own' and more 'follow this path and we'll basically outright tell you'.

But hey, it may very well turn out to be great.

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 01:33 AM
Guys, we're turning them in to the city guard, not building an assassin prison. the in-game prison is a real place in the city that you can visit.

a real person who made important advances in french criminology will be related to the questline.

WendysBrioche
Well LA Noire isn't a sandbox or open world game. The vast setting is just there to give a sense of scale and livelihood.

And I dont understand your worry. reword please?

For the flashbacks?

I guess Im just afraid that introducing plot twists from a visual sense might make it hard to catch on. If there's dialogue throughout the flashback, which may be the case someone said- it'll be much easier to follow. But that might make it cheesy lol. Again with the cheesy sorry! It's just you have to be looking for something and making sure you notice the key parts of the flashbacks in order for them to be understood. If you miss the part the developers intend for you to notice- you'll be totally lost.

Na, I'm pretty sure it was a sandbox. They gave you an open world to explore, and I think the devs even described it as an open world game themselves. But whatever lol :p

The campaign is like 20 hours, 25 with the DLC. The map was under-utilised though yes.

@Mayrice

LA Noire is open world, you could do those 40 small side missions but other then that their wasn't much to do after the story.

I think the murder mystery side missons will be awesome, maybe even the best side missons AC has ever had.

O.O I did 75% of the campaign, all 100% completion, in just 8 hours. It was very brief I remember. Then my disk borke so I cant say for the entire game, but for the first 3/4ths, my playthrough was very brief.

VoXngola
I'm up for it, this life flashing before the eyes thingy sounds pretty interesting.

We need to break a few traditions here and there to move on and improve, something like this isn't too bad.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:36 AM
@wendy

I'm sure if a character is important enough, he might get to throw in a final word or two.

And I'm sure the flashbacks will be clear. Not super ambiguous like Prototype's.

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 01:37 AM
For the flashbacks?

I guess Im just afraid that introducing plot twists from a visual sense might make it hard to catch on. If there's dialogue throughout the flashback, which may be the case someone said- it'll be much easier to follow. But that might make it cheesy lol. Again with the cheesy sorry! It's just you have to be looking for something and making sure you notice the key parts of the flashbacks in order for them to be understood. If you miss the part the developers intend for you to notice- you'll be totally lost.
You could say this about literally any cutscene in the game. if it's directed well it will be clear what's happening. if it's not, it won't. Not to mention this is a flashback to events you've seen or heard about from Arno's perspective, not the guy's entire life.

And I think it makes perfect sense for it to be narrated by the target. If it's well-written, it won't be cheesy. Same principle as memory corridors.

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 01:38 AM

I hope it's more than just scanning the bloodstains or evidence with the Eagle Vision like hunting in AC III. Since the developers' talk about Vidocq it'll be wonderful if those sidequests are actually deep and involve some detective work.

roostersrule2
07-13-2014, 01:39 AM
O.O I did 75% of the campaign, all 100% completion, in just 8 hours. It was very brief I remember. Then my disk borke so I cant say for the entire game, but for the first 3/4ths, my playthrough was very brief.That's not even possible?

You know there are 5 desks right?

I hope it's more than just scanning the bloodstains or evidence with the Eagle Vision like hunting in AC III. Since the developers' talk about Vidocq it'll be wonderful if those sidequests are actually deep and involve some detective work.It probably will be like AC3, I just think they'll have good stories.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Not to mention this is a flashback to events you've seen or heard about from Arno's perspective, not the guy's entire life.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

I forget which interview, and I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure a dev said Arno basically connects with their memories temporarily and we do see some backstory that Arno may not have known about.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:41 AM
Guys, we're turning them in to the city guard, not building an assassin prison. the in-game prison is a real place in the city that you can visit.

a real person who made important advances in french criminology will be related to the questline.

I was unsure of it. I never said that for sure we had an Assassin prison. :P

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not true.

I forget which interview, and I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure a dev said Arno basically connects with their memories temporarily and we do see some backstory that Arno may not have known about.

This is true, the confessions are supposed to reveal things we don't know, and it's supposed to relate to Eagle Sense, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to practically absorb the guy's memories, at least the recent ones.

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 01:43 AM
You could say this about literally any cutscene in the game. if it's directed well it will be clear what's happening. if it's not, it won't. Not to mention this is a flashback to events you've seen or heard about from Arno's perspective, not the guy's entire life.
I'm just a little worried there might be plenty of room for error. Depending on how they pull it off. I guess we wont know exactly how they're doing it until the game comes out.

I'll hold my judgement until then, but I'm still taking it with a grain of salt. :p

And I think it makes perfect sense for it to be narrated by the target. If it's well-written, it won't be cheesy.
That's the real trick now, isn't it? :p

That's not even possible?

You know there are 5 desks right?

Yep, played all the way to vice. I think the last was arson or something. That part I didn't do. Disk broke. :/

All in all, I only spent a few small hours over a couple days on the game.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Connor will turn into a templar and fight Arno. Then Arno kills him and sees a flashback as to why he turn to the dark side of the force.

Trufax.

Trust me. My dad works at Nintendo. :rolleyes:

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 01:49 AM
I didn't say it wouldn't reveal things we didn't know, just that, for example, arno would hear that this guy had a meeting with a templar he wants to get to, then he saw him execute an innocent man. when he does the mind-meld, he sees what happened at that meeting and why the templar decided to execute the man.

information he didn't know about, but only stuff that's pertinent to what's been going on and information he needs.

Ergo, not his entire life's story.

at least that's what it sounds like when they've talked about it.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 01:55 AM
Well, maybe that's what the cutscene shows but Arno does actually absorb all of his actual memories... I mean, in the AC universe you store all of the memories of your ancestors in your DNA. You may not actually see all of them when you use the Animus though as they might be more repressed. Maybe Arno does actually store all of the target's memories but the only ones he can actually "remember" are the ones that relate to what he's looking for.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 01:55 AM
I didn't say it wouldn't reveal things we didn't know, just that, for example, arno would hear that this guy had a meeting with a templar he wants to get to, then he saw him execute an innocent man. when he does the mind-meld, he sees what happened at that meeting and why the templar decided to execute the man.

information he didn't know about, but only stuff that's pertinent to what's been going on and information he needs.

Ergo, not his entire life's story.

at least that's what it sounds like when they've talked about it.

naaaaah

I think we might see tragic childhood or family problem in at least one of the victim's memories.

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 02:00 AM
naaaaah

I think we might see tragic childhood or family problem in at least one of the victim's memories.

Ubi never misses on a chance to use some daddy issues

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 02:02 AM
Ubi never misses on a chance to use some daddy issues

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-32617-STAHP-gif-big-Imgur-4bFo.gif

We will not mention daddy issues in this forum! I forbid it!

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 02:06 AM
Well, maybe that's what the cutscene shows but Arno does actually absorb all of his actual memories... I mean, in the AC universe you store all of the memories of your ancestors in your DNA. You may not actually see all of them when you use the Animus though as they might be more repressed. Maybe Arno does actually store all of the target's memories but the only ones he can actually "remember" are the ones that relate to what he's looking for.
Why do you say that? there's not been any official confirmation on that at all. Alexandre only mentioned that it was related to the first civ's "sixth sense".

We know nothing about how the ability works, it's premature to make assumptions about the mechanics of it.

I suppose they have the option to reach back further in time but I'm just guessing from the way it's been talked about that the memories are going to be much more focused on who the target is at the very moment rather than everything that led them to who they are.

remember that I was originally responding to a person who was worried the flashbacks would be an incomprehensible stream of information where pertinent information would be easy to miss. I'm not saying I know exactly what the content of them will be, but it doesn't sound like they'll be that.

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 02:06 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-32617-STAHP-gif-big-Imgur-4bFo.gif

We will not mention daddy issues in this forum! I forbid it!

Forgive my ignorance, but why? And you mentioned star wars thats one of the biigest ones right there. XD

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 02:08 AM
@wendy

Daddy issues is too prominent a theme in AC already! Don't jinx it!

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 02:09 AM
@ Mayrice, Sorry :nonchalance: I'm waiting for mommy dearest (and Aveline's step-mom-what's-her-name doesn't count)

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Why do you say that? there's not been any official confirmation on that at all. Alexandre only mentioned that it was related to the first civ's "sixth sense".

We know nothing about how the ability works, it's premature to make assumptions about the mechanics of it.

I suppose they have the option to reach back further in time but I'm just guessing from the way it's been talked about that the memories are going to be much more focused on who the target is at the very moment rather than everything that led them to who they are.

remember that I was originally responding to a person who was worried the flashbacks would be an incomprehensible stream of information where pertinent information would be easy to miss. I'm not saying I know exactly what the content of them will be, but it doesn't sound like they'll be that.

bolded statement was speculation, that whole quote was speculation. also what I said in that quote would practically work the same way you're saying it probably will.

WendysBrioche
07-13-2014, 02:10 AM
@wendy

Daddy issues is too prominent a theme in AC already! Don't jinx it!

Lmao. Sorry XD

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
@Kev

familial issues in general media is just...*sigh*

I like to see people resolve conflicts not because of blood relations but because they want to pursue a less violent, more reasonable alternative.

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I know. It just it becomes sterilized and insensitive in a way, but writers like to pick up touchy subjects. Staying on topic though, they haven't used fragmented white rooms and suppressed memories with missing data since Brotherhood, I think it'll interesting if it made a comeback in Unity with Arno collecting the life info from the targets.

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 02:33 AM
bolded statement was speculation, that whole quote was speculation. also what I said in that quote would practically work the same way you're saying it probably will.
oh ok, sorry.

and idk, daddy issues are a common thing irl, it makes sense that they're prominent. stuff like with Connor also had the added complication of racial tension.

I do hope that Arno's story is interesting. It sounds like he's going to start off on a similar path to Ezio but end up with a larger purpose.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 02:36 AM
No, it's alright, I felt like I was clear with that statement from a grammatical point, however I would just need to add a comma for it to actually mean what you interpreted it as.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 02:36 AM
@calv

I said this before, but I think its relevant here

AC1 felt like "I screwed up. Lemme make up for it"
AC2 felt like "y u do dis? I keel u"
ACB felt the same
ACR felt like "imma figure dis out"
AC3 felt like "imma protect. crap i screwed up"
AC4 felt like "I want manies. crap i lost everything else"

ACU feels like it'll be "I feel bad. Lemme make up for it" Similar to AC1 but not completely

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 02:44 AM
@calv

I said this before, but I think its relevant here

AC1 felt like "I screwed up. Lemme make up for it"
AC2 felt like "y u do dis? I keel u"
ACB felt the same
ACR felt like "imma figure dis out"
AC3 felt like "imma protect. crap i screwed up"
AC4 felt like "I want manies. crap i lost everything else"

ACU feels like it'll be "I feel bad. Lemme make up for it" Similar to AC1 but not completely
the quality and uniqueness of a narrative has nothing to do with how similar it can seem to other stories if you're being reductive. Almost anything sounds like anything if you boil it down.

you actually made four of those six stories sound completely different from each other, by the way. and left out aveline and adewale.

ACU sounds like "I screwed up, I need to make this right, let me use the assassin order to accomplish that" and AC1 is "I screwed up, I need to make this right, let me prove to my mentor that I'm worthy to be an assassin"

you're saying that sort of distinction is meaningless, but they're clearly very different premises.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 02:48 AM
I know that.

Im just predicting what the veeeeery general main plot thingy will be :p

Aveline and Adewale arent really major ones

#plusidontknowhowtosummarizeavelines #andididntbeatfreedomcryyet

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Aveline definitely counts as a major one. She had just as important an impact on the Templar presence in her region as any other assassin.

And Freedom Cry may be less far-reaching but it still has a surprisingly substantial and complete narrative. It made me wish that they released smaller, cheaper AC games every other year.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 03:06 AM
fine

AC:L "must find company man. found"

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 03:11 AM
Liberation is actually more about the daughter's pursuit and loss of her parents (literally and figuratively)

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 03:16 AM
eeeeeh not really

Most of the game Aveline doesnt even know her mom is alive.

Calvarok
07-13-2014, 04:05 AM
She finds out she's not dead less than halfway through.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:08 AM
I dunno.

Liberation didnt really have a clear goal to me.

Aside from the company man thing.

The mom thing felt like a side surprise to me.

but hey it's no big deal either way

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:17 AM
two mother figures: Jeanne and Madelleine, two father figures: Phillipe and Agate

Aveline searched for all of them in a way and found them for a split second and then lost them.

Except maybe for Phillipe, but Phillipe never truly knew Aveline.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:19 AM
Agate was a father figure?

Never thought of him more than a mentor. hm...

Agate was super stupid BTW, but that's another story.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:25 AM
mentors usually are parental figures, and parental figures are usually mentors.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:26 AM
Neeeeeeeeeeh I disagree.

I dont see Al Mualim as a father figure. Nor do I see Mario as a father figure.

Only one I saw as a father figure was Achilles

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:29 AM
...Al Mualim was definitely a father figure to Altair..

Even Mario was to a certain extent.

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:30 AM
reaaaally?

was that ever directly said?

I never got that impression.

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 04:45 AM
I think there was something about father figure Al Mualim in Revelations database, but I can check the game now. Every game so far had a mentor character from story perspective. I guess Ezio is unique cause he had like five of those :rolleyes:

Edit: found it on AC wiki " He had many admirers, among friends and enemies alike, and was looked upon as a father by many of his apprentices - the great Alta´r Ibn La'ahad most notably".

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:47 AM
Every AC game has a big baddie, an assistant buddy, and a mentor.

It's a weird subtle tradition.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:55 AM
not an AC tradition, it's something that most if not all stories have

the 6 character archetypes

the hero, the companion, the mentor, the shadow, the shapeshifter, and the trickster

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 04:58 AM
hm.

I have a vague idea of the shadow and the trickster.

what is the shapeshifter archtype?

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 05:01 AM
^ you just summarized every Dishonored character :) but yeah same goes for "hero's journey"

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 05:01 AM
a character that switches sides

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 05:03 AM
Not many shapeshifters in-

ah wait Al Mualim.

Though he was always actually a templar.

True there was that one pirate from AC IV...

roostersrule2
07-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Al Mualim was an Assassin first, then he changed. I'm pretty sure it was before the events of AC1.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 05:05 AM
^ you just summarized every Dishonored character :) but yeah same goes for "hero's journey"

Yeah, the hero's journey is pretty much a rough path that every story follows.

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Speaking strictly about AC Edward is shapeshifter too. Those tropes can be mixed up. I think usually shapeshifters are around just to keep tension and plot moving.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Not many shapeshifters in-

ah wait Al Mualim.

Though he was always actually a templar.

True there was that one pirate from AC IV...

Actually in AC1, the archetypes could go like this

Hero: Altair (the protagonist is always the hero, the hero archetype doesn't necessarily have to be good or heroic, it's just always the protagonist)
Companion: Malik/the Rafiqs in general
Mentor: Al Mualim
Shadow: Al Mualim/Robert de Sable
Shapeshifter: Malik/Al Mualim (Malik once hated Altair but then grew to be his friend)
Trickster: Al Mualim (the trickster is very often comic relief, but it could essentially be a character who is a manipulator)

Al Mualim covers a lot of archetypes :P

Aphex_Tim
07-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Edward's conversations were more about the darkness in his targets that resembled the darkness in him. (as almost all of them were either men who gained riches going down their path, or came from his lifestyle and lost themselves) I thought it was pretty important, and well-connected.

Hmm, never really looked at it that way...
Time for another playthrough then! ;)

Farlander1991
07-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Assassin's Creed IV had amazing white room conversations, one of the best, I think. They weren't too long, but at the same time they were very poignant.

The worst white rooms are in ACII and ACB.

Though, I think AC1 white rooms are the most stylish, but they're also over-abundantly long.
Like the exchange of phrases from ACIV:
- You mistake my motives old man, I'm doing this just for a bit of coin.
- As was I lad, as was I.
(which is aweseome, btw :D )

In AC1 would look like something:
- You mistake my motives, old man.
- Why, aren't you an Assassin devoted to protecting people based on your precious philosophy?
- I couldn't give a toss about that.
- Then why do you do this?
- A bit of coin, really.
- Then you and I are not so different.
- I don't see myself working as a slaver.
- Do you think I have a personal vendetta against those people? I was in it for coin, just like you.

All that said, I'll miss the white rooms. I really hope that important assassination targets would still get them, and the 'flashbacks' thing is going to be mostly for investigation/get to the main target purposes. But if there won't be any, since ACU is sort of a new beginning, I think I'm fine with ACIV being the last game with white rooms in it.

Aphex_Tim
07-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Assassin's Creed IV had amazing white room conversations, one of the best, I think. They weren't too long, but at the same time they were very poignant.

The execution could've been a bit better though. Previous games went slow-mo once you killed your target and the Animus really "pulled" you into the white room.
In AC4 you're just instantly there, sometimes the background music just kept playing and there were no other sound effects, which was particularly awkward in situations like when Edward beat the crap out of Charles Vane and all you heard was his voice.

Edit: Here's a vid I captured a while ago. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNJoZhhLZk) Look at that; it's just awkward!

Farlander1991
07-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Previous games went slow-mo once you killed your target and the Animus really "pulled" you into the white room.

AC1 didn't go slow-mo, though there was a little 'pulling' (a bit of distortion before screen goes white).

But absence of sound effects with the exception of eerie background animus noises is kinda a staple of the white rooms, though (with the exception of AC3 and ACR where there's also music in them and sound effects I think too). I don't know, it wasn't off-putting for me. And honestly, I actually didn't notice there wasn't any special effect to get into the white room until I saw somebody blatantly pointing it out.

rob.davies2014
07-13-2014, 09:59 AM
I don't mind seeing their life flashing before their eyes but I'd rather it happened AFTER the assassination.
I feel like pressing square and then having a little montage of their life before you actually plunge the blade in will break the flow of the kill.

LoyalACFan
07-13-2014, 10:00 AM

The worst white rooms are in ACII and ACB.

Though, I think AC1 white rooms are the most stylish, but they're also over-abundantly long.
Like the exchange of phrases from ACIV:
- You mistake my motives old man, I'm doing this just for a bit of coin.
- As was I lad, as was I.
(which is aweseome, btw :D )

In AC1 would look like something:
- You mistake my motives, old man.
- Why, aren't you an Assassin devoted to protecting people based on your precious philosophy?
- I couldn't give a toss about that.
- Then why do you do this?
- A bit of coin, really.
- Then you and I are not so different.
- I don't see myself working as a slaver.
- Do you think I have a personal vendetta against those people? I was in it for coin, just like you.

All that said, I'll miss the white rooms. I really hope that important assassination targets would still get them, and the 'flashbacks' thing is going to be mostly for investigation/get to the main target purposes. But if there won't be any, since ACU is sort of a new beginning, I think I'm fine with ACIV being the last game with white rooms in it.

I think the weak final speeches in AC2/B were just a product of the weak Templar cast in general. Not much to talk about when you're a forgettable one-dimensional mustache-twirler. Ezio actually had some damn cool lines in a few of those though, IMO.

["I finally had their respect!"] "I am sorry, but you do not have mine."
["I knew this day would come. Please, be merciful."] "I have."
"Go, my friend. Unburdened and unafraid."
"Show some respect for death, my friend." ["I'll teach you respect!"] "No. I will."

They weren't especially philosophical, but I thought they did a good job of displaying Ezio's character growth, as he became kinder and more respectful with each successive kill. In any case, I preferred their brevity over AC1's "here, let me recite my life's ambitions while bleeding from the jugular!" approach. I pretty much agree with everything else in your assessment though.

LoyalACFan
07-13-2014, 10:03 AM
I don't mind seeing their life flashing before their eyes but I'd rather it happened AFTER the assassination.
I feel like pressing square and then having a little montage of their life before you actually plunge the blade in will break the flow of the kill.

I'm pretty sure that's how it is. Like, as soon as the killing blow lands (before the end of the animation), time slows down and you get the montage. That's basically how it was in AC2-AC3; the stab landed, time slowed down, the speech played, and then you were slowly pulled back into the regular map as the Assassin pulled out the blade and the body fell (still in slo-mo). Except now there's not actual speeches, obviously.

I just hope the flashbacks don't have cheesy, stupidly convenient narration like Infamous Second Son's.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Liked the whiterooms, think it's cool they're trying something new.

DiazVice1999
07-13-2014, 12:43 PM
No!! Ubisoft please! Don't remove the white room moments!! They are awesome :)

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:10 PM
I just hope the flashbacks don't have cheesy, stupidly convenient narration like Infamous Second Son's.
That's actually what people in this thread are hoping for. Also that would be pretty great now that I think about it. I don't think it's cheesy at all.

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 04:15 PM
The way it works is that apparently eagle vision will allow for Arno to absorb the dude's memories or something.

What the.... WHAT?!

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Calvarok posted some videos of Amancio explaining it in an interview pac.

Kaschra
07-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Hm, I don't know what to think about this yet.
The new way could turn out to be very cool and interesting, but on the other hand I also really like the white room speeches and I'm pretty sure I'll miss them.

I think the weak final speeches in AC2/B were just a product of the weak Templar cast in general. Not much to talk about when you're a forgettable one-dimensional mustache-twirler. Ezio actually had some damn cool lines in a few of those though, IMO.

["I finally had their respect!"] "I am sorry, but you do not have mine."
["I knew this day would come. Please, be merciful."] "I have."
"Go, my friend. Unburdened and unafraid."
"Show some respect for death, my friend." ["I'll teach you respect!"] "No. I will."

Yeah, the Templar speeches in AC2/ACB very pretty weak, but I really liked Ezio's lines.

SixKeys
07-13-2014, 05:15 PM
What the.... WHAT?!

Not so strange if you think about it. In AC3 investigating clues from a crime scene allowed Connor to have a sort of flashback showing him the perpetrator's memories. We also know it's not just Eagle Vision in Unity but Eagle Sense, which can be upgraded with skill points.

D4rkAssass1n123
07-13-2014, 07:01 PM
just to come back to the murder mysterystuff... look at the latest post of "access the animus"

"News about ‪#‎ACUnity‬ coming from Gamestar (thanks to our fan Edvard!) and X-One!

- At the beginning of the game the Assassin Order will only be a temporary thing for Arno. At first.

- The players will be able to interact with each other in the co-op missions through microphones. However, the team made sure that the players who may not have a microphone will not be disadvantaged.

- The missions' difficulty varies between one and five stars. Some of the quests are designed for one or two people, while other ones are for three or four players. Players can try a four-man challenge solo, but obviously it will be more difficult. Along with this, a "two-man mission" performed by three players will be easier. The level of difficulty gives the player a tool to decide the kind of challenge that he wants.

- In the "Murder Mystery" missions the players may find themselves in front of a dead body, and then follow clues and interrogate different people and even accuse them, like a real detective. When a crime is solved, the player will gain the murder weapon and use it in the game.

- In the "Paris Stories" missions the player will find a wide variety of mandates, as Arno continues to be an assassin. However, not all mandates will be assassinations. Each mission will tell a unique story, which is why they were named Paris stories. This time the player will have to recognize the target. It will also be possible to obtain information and use it to trace it. From that point on, after getting to the target, the player will decide how to approach and kill the target.

- The city will be ruled by chaos and to really revive this vibrant and ever-bustling city, a variety of random events may occur between NPCs. For example, some people will try to rob a church. Each event is going to fit with the context of the French Revolution. These events will take place in the district which they are directly related to

- There are also going to be other huge rewards in Paris. There are hundreds of different stories hidden in the game, which offer an insight into the lives of the ordinary people in Paris. For example, if a player wanders into an abandoned house, he/she will find out that a family who lived there took the plague. If the player can find the members of te family, he/she will be rewarded.

- Unity is not only huge in size, but in terms of depth as well. Players can explore the city and can explore multiple levels (churches, catacombs, sewer system, attractions, etc) and go inside of a lot of the buildings as well. These places will not be empty, they will be packed with lots of activities, with stories, traders and Social Clubs.

- Unity will introduce three skill trees into the Assassin's Creed franchise. They are based on the three pillars of the franchise (stealth, combat or navigation) and are designed to let the player improve specific abilities (which can be both active and passive) tailored to his/her personal playstyle."

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Oh snap. you interrogate people.

It really is kinda like L.A. Noire. Go figure.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 07:25 PM
sounds great

hope I can run the game..

if not I'll just get it for PS4 and I'll play with my buddies on here that aren't PC people

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 07:27 PM
sounds great

hope I can run the game..

if not I'll just get it for PS4 and I'll play with my buddies on here that aren't PC people

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes.gif

TBH I doubt I'll be able to run it either

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Calvarok posted some videos of Amancio explaining it in an interview pac.

That is so dumb seeing as Eagle Vision is supposed to be a 6th sense. Not a bloody memory stealing sense.

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Eagle Vision is supposed to reveal those around the Assassin and their intents..

The Sixth Sense in AC is telepathic by nature. It's not hard to believe that you could use it to absorb memories.

SixKeys
07-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Eagle Sense, which came from TWCB, is knowledge. At its weakest it simply reveals who the enemies are, but at its strongest I can buy that it absorbs memories since that means you're tapping into their knowledge.

Remember how Desmond used EV to guess the right combination of a door lock? What was that if not absorbing someone's knowledge of the right combination?

Jexx21
07-13-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that was just seeing the finger prints on the keys. Remember how he guessed twice?

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 10:19 PM
Eagle Vision is supposed to reveal those around the Assassin and their intents..

The Sixth Sense in AC is telepathic by nature. It's not hard to believe that you could use it to absorb memories.

Well then why wouldn't Arno just go round touching everyone?

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Well then why wouldn't Arno just go round touching everyone?

I hope he does ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

But pretty sure dev said it happens as soon as you kill someone.

And who knows maybe it does happen everytime he kills someone and ubi just doesnt show it.

or maybe there is a way to trigger it. or it's a subconsious thing.

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 10:27 PM
I hope he does ( ͡░ ͜ʖ ͡░)

But pretty sure dev said it happens as soon as you kill someone.

And who knows maybe it does happen everytime he kills someone and ubi just doesnt show it.

or maybe there is a way to trigger it. or it's a subconsious thing.

Be a bit convenient if his subconcious only triggered for every target or whatever. Why doesnt it happen to every guard?

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Be a bit convenient if his subconcious only triggered for every target or whatever. Why doesnt it happen to every guard?

I dunno.

Why do white rooms only happen to targets?

Xstantin
07-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Cause it'll take forever to tell every guard to requiescat in pace, go meet a faceless one or whatever ;)

Black_Widow9
07-13-2014, 11:04 PM
I personally think it also wouldn't mean as much. When the white room happens, you know its a significant target and part of the story. ;)

pacmanate
07-13-2014, 11:07 PM
I dunno.

Why do white rooms only happen to targets?

Don't ask me I don't KNOW :'(

Why is your avatar incest?

JustPlainQuirky
07-13-2014, 11:23 PM
@pac

lol well the same logic applies to the memory thingy! :p

Eh, it's a long story... :rolleyes:

Locopells
07-14-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm more worried about the 'skill tree tailored to your playstyle' thing. I've never been a great fan of that, if it means we can't max out the stats. If it means we can only focus on what interests us, all well and good, but I like to have all available skills for all eventualities.

It's one thing to max out stealth in, say SC Blacklist, since that's how I play - but if I screw up, or just go on a rampage for the heck of it, I like to be able to have decent combat skills as well

Xstantin
07-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Aiden can be maxed out in WD and ubiopenworld games are usually similar, so it could be the same for Arno.

JustPlainQuirky
07-14-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm more worried about the 'skill tree tailored to your playstyle' thing. I've never been a great fan of that, if it means we can't max out the stats. If it means we can only focus on what interests us, all well and good, but I like to have all available skills for all eventualities.

It's one thing to max out stealth in, say SC Blacklist, since that's how I play - but if I screw up, or just go on a rampage for the heck of it, I like to be able to have decent combat skills as well

SAAAAAME.

I like to max everything out.

I dont like having to pick a single choice.

poptartz20
07-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Why can't we be more welcome to change around here? I'm actually not to upset that the white room is gone. I agree with Tim and always thought it was weird that you could have such a long confession. I like the fact that they are changing it but I hope they have something just as good in it's place. That's my only concern. I'm curious to see what it's actually like in the end.

Locopells
07-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Given that there's no way in hell a number of the white room assassination conversation's can have taken place in real time (think the arms dealer in ACI), or at all (shooting Marco on his ship while Ezio is on shore in ACII), yet were often referred to later (Altair mentions them a lot to Al Mualim), I always assumed there was a mental/telepathic/physic/whatever aspect to them - so why not the outright absorption of memories, if that's how indeed it's gonna work?

Farlander1991
07-14-2014, 01:14 PM
I never really bothered to explain to myself how white room conversations worked exactly. Sure, there are questions and inconsistencies, like the nearby guards and what the hell are they doing, but at the same time how in some cases the room transform into the real world around us (most notable examples would be in AC3 and AC4) immediately, suggesting it's in real time. And psychic or mental conversations for those rooms honestly doesn't feel right to me.

But it's an element that I feel doesn't need explanation. It's just there. And it's awesome. :p :D

Dome500
07-15-2014, 05:57 PM
I always liked them, they were pretty philosophical and the clash of opinions was really a highlight of the series.
But hey, they should try out what they think works and I have to see how this new method turns out to be. But if it works... why not?
And if not we can still get back to the old way in the next game.