PDA

View Full Version : Idea about DLC/Future Updates. Free DLC for Holidays?

Archon453
07-11-2014, 12:57 AM
So, for DLC we're getting 6 of them in a year for the price of $20 (season pass) or a total of $30. (6x$5). Along with this we are getting Teams, and various other updates within the first year like Online Multiplayer. So, now I'm wondering something that could be quite a bit of fun!

What if for festive holidays around the year, we got some free DLC packs, maybe with a few cross platform tracks making their mark on the other platforms. Have some track building challenges related to the events, such as building a track for Christmas or Easter or something. The DLC pack could bring a few free editor items related to the holiday, so Valentines day could have a hearts effect, and maybe some chocolate material, or a chocolate replacement for the base water. Christmas having Santa’s sleigh and some presents, and then Halloween respectively with some spooky items.

I think it'd be cool if we got character models to go with the themes, like the Easter bunny, Santa, Cupid, a ghost or a pumpkin headed rider.

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think below. If there is anything else you might think of or like to add, then please do so.

TeriXeri
07-11-2014, 11:16 AM
A DLC pack (or smaller more frequent packs per holiday) that covers objects from the most common holidays (christmas/easter/valentine/halloween) sounds cool, but seems more realistic after the current DLC schedule. Extra rider outfits for those themes would also be sweet indeed.

Who knows what they might add after Current DLC is all out, Trials Fusion will last longer then just 1 year for me :)

What sounds more easily doable, is a track competition for holidays, it can be simple and short like the current 1 CP challenge, or a bit longer in time frame and track lengths. Prizes don't have to be huge, making the top 3-5(more depending on submissions/quality) tracks cross platform in itself would be a reward in my opinion.

People been pretty creative in the past on themed tracks, and I have made a Halloween/Christmas track for Evo Gold last year.

Retribution
07-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Id like to see a tribution to HD from one DLC and another to Evo from another DLC, few remakes/retouches...etc etc. I just hope RL doesn't go overboard with the holiday tracks, i would prefer to leave those to custom building competitions like the one for Evo last year which turned out stunningly beautiful and it would make sense with all the possibilities on Fusion. Also, need more tracks per DLC...not just 6. =)

The_McCheshire
07-11-2014, 10:16 PM
didn't somebody go ahead and make a track for every day of the advent calendar?
That was a nice idea :D
A lot of work had to be put into the tracks however to avoid repetition.

Archon453
07-11-2014, 10:29 PM
A DLC pack (or smaller more frequent packs per holiday) that covers objects from the most common holidays (christmas/easter/valentine/halloween) sounds cool, but seems more realistic after the current DLC schedule. Extra rider outfits for those themes would also be sweet indeed.

Well that's pretty much what I was thinking :P Not anytime soon, but it would be nice to have later on. Plus doing it after the larger DLC packs could prove to help with building those themed tracks as well. :)

But yes, the track competition idea for the holidays was pretty much the idea there. That is more of a short term goal for the overall idea; maybe at Christmas Redlynx/Ubisoft would wrap a present for the winner ;)

I know what you mean about the 1 CP Challenge. :p I entered it, and some of the submissions coming out are freaking amazing. :o We've got quite a briliant community of creators here.