PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the new community developer

Fallen-Champ
07-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Hi (Far Cry 4 New Community Developer)

This could be a nice easy way for you to say hello to the community by answering a few questions for us.
No pressure just give out some brutal force to those in the know until you get the answers.:)

We understand that Multiplayer appears to be currently off limits - The editor I am hoping you can twist a few arms, anything is better than nothing so here you go - this will hopefully keep you busy while the other guys think of some stuff.

I think this is the standard thing now to get bombarded with questions - besides Mr Shade said it was fine.

Singleplayer Questions

1. I am loving the way we can now shoot while driving, this was something I loved in Far Cry Instincts / Predator – The Devs have cranked things up further with the inclusion of vehicle takedowns which look a whole lot of fun.

I have this question – If a player is flying along a vehicle in a horizontal angle using a wingsuit could they perform a vehicle takedown / or enter a vehicle from the wingsuit ?

2. Far Cry 3 had Trials Of The Rakyat where players got mini challenges, their times were recorded and stats uploaded, the top player got their name on a rock – Does Far Cry 4 have anything similar to this ?
http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1934157/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL

3. There were options in Far Cry 3 to race jetski or ATV in mini games, I think at one point we were told that the times would be recorded for friends or others to race against but am sure that did not happen – again is there anything like this in FC4?
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/y48ixTA5Uwg/maxresdefault.jpg

4. The Yeti rumors – is there a Yeti in the game Yes / No or No Comment to keep us guessing ?

5. When asked about temperature, Alex Hutchinson said he would love to make an extreme far cry game akin to what the modding community might come up with. His ideas were you get hypothermia when in cold water, you contract diseases when certain animals bite you, permadeath, etc. However, the main game doesn't have anything to do with these hardcore options, the team might consider making a mode for it if there is interest.

There is interest – do a poll on here and see how many come forward, on PC someone modded the game (http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/63/?) and gave it an extreme mode – I would love to see something like this added to the single player.

6. Are there areas in the game where a player can fall through ice into frozen water – or ice can break where they might fall to their death ?

7. Any snowboards or jetski or skidoo in the game ?

8. Alex Hutchinson mentioned that thin air can play a factor in the game – saying something about needing the correct equipment or gear – is this like in FC3 where we would go to the southern Island except this time we unlock clothing so we can survive at altitude – but what about using the gyrocopter does this mean that we can run out of air if we fly too high up ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4gameinformerimage_zpse20bcb4c.jpg

9. How do you stop players going beyond the map / single player world ? (again what is stopping us simply flying beyond the boundaries)

10. Is it possible to use any weapons (knife maybe) under water / in lakes ?

11. I understand that there are more elements to simply killing and craftimg such as the weapons used / stealth / accuracy. Is this also something new with killing players / the enemy, basically if I were to get a headshot with 5 different weapons would I get more XP depending on which weapon was the hardest for accuracy ?

12. Do we encounter blizzards and deep snow in the game, if so are there some areas which can't be crossed on foot ?

13. Elephants look to be very involved in the single player game from what we have seen from the video where the player storms an outpost (or are these called fortresses) My question is leaning towards the distance an elephant could travel in the game if it were kept alive, can we travel long distances on the animal or are they more of a gimmick in that they are found in specific areas and only used for missions ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4AjayGhaleampbow_zps7da32927.jpg
The latest video shows a brief clip ofAjay Ghale in the middle of nowhere riding an elephant.

14. I understand that there are different regions / areas which have different climates, the higher up we go the less wildlife and plants we see, this will make for a bleak landscape, at a guess I would say that this surrounding would be ideal for a sniper up in the mountains - are there things in place such as fog / snow / wind which will make it difficult for snipers picking us off from distance ?

15. That last video also showed a rickshaw popping a wheelie and speeding away like something from a James Bond movie, is this for demonstration purposes or can we do this in the game, does it have some form of speed burst / nitro tank ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/fc4wheelie_zps69fda885.jpg

16. Some of us had a small debate in the forums wondering what the green bars are below the weapons in the image below.
I said ammo count but now realize that ammo is shown in the bottom right hand corner, xRaDRoacHx said weapon degradation - can you put us out of our misery and let the cat out the bag. (also bottom left under the mini map - 2 green bars, is this health ?)
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2qt8v1k.jpg

17. Will there still be Daily / Weekly Challenges and Awards to unlock in FC4 like there was in FC3 ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/Challenges_zps8586da60.jpg

Guns For Hire COOP Question

18. Drop in - COOP looks amazing, from what I hear one player plays as Ajay Ghale and the other as Hurk from FC3 – Is there any mention of future DLC to offer different character skins or the possibility to maybe in time have an upgrade / patch to possibly have 4 players online in this mode ?

Multiplayer Questions

19. We have been told that FarCry 4 has a customisable HUD so that we can turn each element on/off to suit our play style. Is this a single player only thing because I would seriously love to turn off the Mini Map in Multiplayer (something many of us did in the early Far Cry games on console, in fact many players would leave the match if the mini map was on back then)

20. This would be really good to get out of the way early because it was a huge thorn in the side for FC3 and it’s multiplayer – there was a huge backlash when people heard they could not place vehicles in their user made maps, and to make things worse there was no lobby system where we could see who was hosting what maps in which multiplayer mode and players could not switch sides so it made it impossible for rival teams / clans to play one another – Is there anything that you can say to inject some confidence into those who will be looking at MP and Map Editing with Far Cry 4 reference those two points above ?

The details of the next question is listed with Amazon.

21. Get a taste of Kyrat's embattled history in a brand new adversarial multiplayer mode. Play as a heavily armed soldier of the Golden Path rebellion, or as a member of the ancient Kalinag warrior tribe equipped with the lethal power of nature.

The lethal power of nature - does this mean we can make traps and use the surroundings to our advantage ?

Map Editor Questions

22. Will there be any site where we can search for maps online from a PC or Mobile / Cell to get map statistics and details ? (see image below for example)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/PacificCoastUbiFC2Search_zps40c6208c.jpg

23. Going back to pre release of Far Cry 3 we first had a community developer called Gearhead, this question was brought up to pass on to the multiplayer / map editor team.

(Q) - Can we lock our maps from being edited by others?
(A) - Yes, this is now the default. (That was the answer we were given)

Unfortunately this never happened, to some it might not be a big issue but to others who spend maybe 20 – 100 hours + on a map the last thing they want is for others to download their work, edit a few things then host it as their own & although the original authors name stayed with the map it was mostly overlooked.

To show how bad things are one of the Ubisoft Recommended maps on Far Cry 2 (PS3) had over 1 million matches played on it but doing a search shows up 46 pages for the name Pacific Coast. (see image above)

It would be superb if there was a way to (1) indefinitely lock a map so that it could not be opened by anyone other than the original author (2) allow to view / open a map and play around / edit the map but not save (3) Allow to open the map / edit things and save as your own at the same time keeping the signature of the original author.

I understand you might not be able to discuss this but could you please pass it on to the team to see what can be done between now and release, Thanks.

24. With Far Cry 3 using the map editor we were crippled on consoles with a grid limit that only allowed a set number of things items per grid – this got even worse shortly after release which a patch that allowed us to place even less in one single grid where the PC and all it’s power could handle so much more.

The question is – will PS4 and Xbox One get a bigger item allocation as to things we can place / use in the map editor with those newer consoles having so much more in the tank compared to the older Xbox360 & PS3 platforms ?

25. Another editor question – Terrain Hole / Lighting and Water Layers were excellent additions to the map editor, do we still get to use those and are there any changes or further new additions which you can mention ?

26. Draw distances with most items / pieces in Far Cry 3 was an issue (I am unsure if this was a console only thing) basically they would pop in and out of view via fast pixilation, I would hope that we have many more bold pieces that could be seen from a greater distance in the map editor – if anything the PC and newer consoles could handle the draw distances – any feedback on this please ?

27. The July edition of game informer magazine mentions A.I. Patrols in the editor – can you say if there is the possibility to make missions that could be single player or possibly allow more than one player and if so can these be uploaded and shared ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4buildyourownoutpost_zpsff74e8db.jpg

Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Far-Cry-PS4/dp/B00I9WW5LS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404945270&sr=8-1&keywords=far+cry+4)lists the following with it's Far Cry 4 game description.
Map editor: deathtrap designer - Create and share your own maps using the most powerful and intuitive map editor ever offered in the Far Cry franchise. Your creations will get the attention they deserve thanks to its enhanced tools, improved interface, and the ability to publish and share your maps with the community.

28. The words Death Trap Designer are very mouth watering, is it possible for you to somehow extract some info regarding this from the map editor guy:p

29. Will there be any form of weather effects that can be added into our user made maps from the map editor ?

30. Will it be possible to make / create Escape / Course Maps in Far Cry 4 for their growing community which was very popular in Far Cry Predator and Far Cry 2 but unfortunately frozen out in Far Cry 3 mostly because of missing options in the game when hosting. ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqEOSDbDWU#t=409

31. FAR CRY 3 on PC had a Rotate Items by Degrees option, it is a huge shame that this was not included in the console version of the game because that would have made things so much easier for us, please could you find out if this can be included with the console version of Far Cry 4 when using the map editor.
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/dubbuck/fced_zpsd502f62d.jpg

32. Shared Spawns - This could be (is) a major concern in multiplayer especially in any modes such as Capture The Flag / Objective based modes, I would say that the majority like to dictate where their players will spawn but at the same time you have to think of spawn campers / killers - However Shared Spawns for a lot of us simply ruined the multiplayer game, an option to NOT have to place shared spawns would be a perfect solution, then those that want to use them can and those who don't want them don't have to - could you see if there are any changes to the way spawns are done / used in the map editor.

33. When hosting a match will the host get more options to control things such as length of time the match is active (example 10 / 14 / 20 mins / Infinite)
Possibly turn on / Off things such as Perks, Mini Map, Team Killing, etc etc

Amazon also list this with their game.

The arena: What will you become?
Prove your combat prowess and fight for survival and fame in the arena. Earn the respect of roaring crowds and test your will to survive, battling man and beast alike, until only one contestant remains standing.

34. Is it possible for you to say if this is just Single player with A.I. or if it could work online and are there multiple arenas – any chance to create our own in the map editor ?

35. The SNAP Tool in Far Cry 2's Editor made things easy and fast, this was omitted in Far Cry 3, could you ask / find out if the SNAP Toll has made a return in Far Cry 3 (Halo 4 had something called Magnet I believe - this kind of thing makes life so much easier)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RObKpfLwf6g

DLC / Season Pass / Special Purchases

36. There are already lists for several different editions of Far Cry 4, one is the Limited Kyrat Edition / another with the Blood Ruby Pack / & Hurks Redemption
http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FC4063_618x348_pressrelease.jpg

I fancy going for the Season Pass and am wondering if I will get everything with this pass, or if I am to miss out on any missions or weapons will they be available to purchase or unlock in the Uplay Store ?
http://www.copaxgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Season-Pass-Far-Cry-4.jpg

37. This trip to Nepal (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/far_cry_4/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/18/to-nepal-and-back-how-ubisoft-montreal-created-a-new-country-for-far-cry-4.aspx) which the Team took for research, to get a feel for the area, do we get to see any video footage or more images from that trip other than the gameinformer article ?
It all looks & sounds very interesting.

Thanks for any answers in advance.

legacyzero
07-10-2014, 01:13 AM
I see no reason that there should be huge limitations on the new consoles with all that ram. My main worry is, this game is cross-gen right? So I worry that the old gen consoles will hold back the new gen ones.

I need the map editor in my life, and see how great the Map Editor was from Far Cry 3, but how the matchmaking system literally KILLED the editor and it's potential.

Fallen-Champ
07-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Thin air is a factor in some mountainous areas. You need to have oxygen in these areas, and you do not have much of it.
There is an avalanche set piece in the game, but players can not trigger them freely.
When a player buys the PS4/PS3 version of FC4, they will get around 10 tickets called "Keys to Kyrat",that you can give to friends. They will be able to download a limited version of FC4 that has all the co op content and everything but the single player content. They will only be able to play the limited version if you are playing the main version of FC4. Hutchinson is not sure, but Sony might implement a time box.
No splitscreen co op.
There is a competitive multiplayer in FC4. No details were given. The team views FC3 mp as unsuccessful, but are using lessons they learned to hopefully build a fanbase with FC4's mp.
You will unlock the wingsuit pretty early into the game
In some of the games cinematics, players can interupt them with actions, however they player will not have a prompt to do so. These will be hidden. This was made to address Far Cry 3's QTE boss fights. Also, it sounds like there are no QTE's in FC4.
You can throw grenades through enemy car windows while you are driving, and drive away
Flame spreading still in FC4.
Hutchinson had lots of ideas to use poop as a weapon, like using it to coat arrows to make poison... team said no.
You can turn off the HUD, and each element of the UI, like XP feedback, etc. Designed with the next gen consoles sharing features in mind.
There are multiple endings, but they are less clear than far cry 3, so not press LT for good ending, RT for bad.
You can pick sides with the different factions, and this will effect relationships with different characters, and can effect the endings.
The map size is relatively the same square footage of Far Cry 3's rook island, however due to the mountainous regions, the map is far more dense than FC3.
You can reset outposts, but the team is giving a narrative reason for it.
The team behind Far Cry views the games as more of a series than a franchise, as it doesn't need to worry about narrative baggage. This factors in to what Dean Evans and his team are doing. It might not be blood dragon 2, but rather something unexpected
When asked about temperature, Hutchinson said he would love to make an extreme far cry game akin to what the modding community might come up with. His ideas were you get hypothermia when in cold water, you contract diseases when certain animals bite you, permadeath, etc. However, the main game doesn't have anything to do with these hardcore options, the team might consider making a mode for it if there is interest.
No sharks in FC4.... but there are Demon Fish, and honey badgers

The details above came from the Alex Hutchinson Podcast which GameInformer did - This is just under 41 mins long, you can find it with THIS LINK (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2014/07/03/special-edition-podcast-far-cry-4.aspx)

Fallen-Champ
07-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Map Editor Questions

38. The water layers we got in Far Cry 3 were a really great addition but the size is extremely large with the water layer taking up a full grid square, I am hoping that we still have waters layer's in the FC4 editor but at the same time is it possible to have them smaller ?

39. When map searching in the archive it made things a lot easier having the option Show Maps By This Player but unfortunately we have to input the name of a map in the database before we get the option to search by author, lots of us know map authors from different Far Cry games going back years so having the option to search by author from the start and by map name would make things so much faster, it was very frustrating trying to find maps in FC3,

40. I have been calling for a rotation by degrees since Far Cry 2 came out - this was something we had on the old Xbox with Instincts back in 2006, I understand PC Editors usually have much more control so for us on consoles it would really speed things up no end, now while in photoshop I thought what a great idea (flip vertically or horizontally) or by Degrees - is there anything in place on consoles (FC3 on PC had the rotate by degrees option) and if not is there time to add something like that before FC4 Release ?

41. There were some excellent pieces in the FC2 Editor and also FC3 had some great pieces, I imagine everything will be new with FC4 and to that I think what a shame / what a waste for the previous stuff from the FC3 Editor - could we ever see a map pack DLC in the future with stuff from the FC3 Editor (maybe not everything but the main stuff people used)

42. Far Cry 2 was very poor when looking at trees, plants when comparing to what FC2 had in the editor the same goes for rocks but for me one of the best assets of FC2's editor was it's fences - such a great selection, Far Cry 4's setting looks amazing and with the different regions / climates I am hoping to see a lot of color and vibrancy with flowers and plants

43. Waterfalls had us all buzzing with the FC3 editor but my opinion is that the selection on offer was quite poor really, the best way for myself would have been to build a waterfall from rocks and flowing water but the selections were only blood water or waterfalls already clumped together with rocks - Are there any waterfalls in the FC4 editor and if so are there any differences ?

44. I am just downloading some maps by one author and it is quite annoying having to keep clicking on the map name I entered to then re-select show maps by this player - I download one from the list then get thrown back out and have to repeat the process - it would be better f we could stay on that screen with the authors maps and either tick the ones we want to download or simply download one after another until we are done then we exit back manually

45. With Far Cry 2 we had cameras which we could place in our maps - when the match was starting we could scroll through these cameras which showed different views around the map, they only worked to a set height and would not work under terrain - now we have the terrain hole tool to get under and work under the map area - Unfortunately Far Cry 3 had an appalling choice showing the map from above and because of the dreadful draw distance with a lot of the items we had parts of the map often popping in and out of view - lots of maps looked a mess, I wondered if the system has changed with Far Cry 4 ?

46. Out Of Bounds - what is the procedure with Far cry 4, Often players would try and find an item that had properties greater than it's size so that they could sink them from view and the remainder would be invisible but act as a barrier to stop players going out of bounds - How does Out Of Bounds work in Far Cry 4 and are there any invisible barriers we can use in our user made maps ?

47. Can we place weapons in our maps which will work in multiplayer games but at the same time is there any option to dictate what weapons we start a match with or options to only have access to specific weapons (example pistols only / rockets only) ?

48. Any new additions to how many selections we get for terrain paint ?

49.Do we still get stickers / posters / decals to tag / attach to things in the map editor and is it possible to design our own basic images or possible to paint onto some objects (imagine having the option to have an item that can be switched back to a blank canvas then painted our own color of choice) That was discussed over at battlemap and is a great idea.

50. Someone on the PC side was creating a MOD for Far Cry 3 called Dead Cry
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/25/24020/FC3Editor_2014-04-03_01-24-44-14.png
I wondered if there are any plans to have some different things with Far Cry 4 that might appear later on to give some new life to the A.I. we get to use in our maps ?

51. We have no idea what multiplayer modes will ship with Far Cry 4 - previously Predator had 5 excellent modes and it went down hill from there with FC2 having 4 modes (Uprising was a great idea but only the captain been able to capture points in my opinion was a huge mistake however hunting down the captain at the end was great and they should have had it so that he became visible with an icon with no way to re-capture any points so its basically panic and survival for the captain until taken down.

52. Far Cry 3 had only 4 modes and FireStorm was a con in a way as we could not place fire in our maps by restricting specific paths and when a team started the fire players never really got to see the paths blocked because they spawned close to the Radio Tower - If Far Cry 4 has some unique modes and they don't perform as well as expected (which happened with the last 2 games) would there possibly be any modes available as a patch such as classics like CTF and solo Death Match (modes that should come with every Far Cry game IMO)

53. Tagging and Player Feedback for user made maps created in Far Cry 3 just did not work at all, I can't see that ever working unless the map author gets to include their own description - If we could write in a line of text then it could save others from downloading a map they won't like.
As an example I write in "small CQC Map maximum 4 players" or "Large Open Snipe Map Max Players" - "Race Map" - "Escape Map very difficult" the author has created the map so they know how it should be played - almost all player feedback was negative, there is a huge number of players who will if they get a chance degrade another map on the sly if it would push there map down on a list so be careful on what you allow because things like this are often abused to show a maps bad site which might not even exist.

54. The maps in Gold / Silver / Bronze ran for 15 mins, if we were to host ourselves we got very limited choices on the time limit - what changes do we get with Far Cry 3 where hosting and time limits are concerned ?
Some of those popular Escape Maps can go on for an hour or even longer if people keep joining the match - the authors sometimes stick around and the players help each other to get to the end.

oRAZORTAILo
07-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Good post Champ, maybe you add the question about the time restrictions we had in FC3 as well.

Fallen-Champ
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
I added that in with another reference map tagging and player feedback - Mr Shade kindly passed the questions over to the FC4 Com Dev so it will be interesting to see if any get answered depending on what info they can release in the schedule - What I would like is to get some stuff to the actual Editor Guy himself - there is always red tape that often seems like a brick wall to get through.

RaZoRFINNISH
07-23-2014, 12:55 PM
I added that in with another reference map tagging and player feedback - Mr Shade kindly passed the questions over to the FC4 Com Dev so it will be interesting to see if any get answered depending on what info they can release in the schedule - What I would like is to get some stuff to the actual Editor Guy himself - there is always red tape that often seems like a brick wall to get through.

It's sad how few developers actually browse and post on the forums in Ubisoft. I can give you a (fairly accurate, I don't of course know everything that happens inside Dunia) response to some of the map-editor features though, in terms of how doable and thus, how likely it is. Anyway here it goes,

29. Most weather effects are implemented using particle systems, and I managed to get those in the FC2 and FC3 editor(s), namely waterfall particles, fires... An powerful addition, and really simple to do. Not sure why they weren't included in the first place.

31. Rotation by degrees using some kind of an textbox (or maybe a slider on consoles) is such an simple addition I doubt it'd take more than a hour to do from a competent developer (Everything required for that is already there- you'd just need a few lines of code to add angle sliders to the UI and listen to value changes, and pass that to the object...)

38. I'd say it's very well doable, but only done if Ubisoft needs it for the singleplayer. Shouldn't be a huge effort either, but the 64x64m worldsector-based water is cheaper in terms of rendering. Far Cry 2 also (in the engine itself) supported varying water levels on a per-sector basis, but that wasn't included in the map editor (Due to the fact only the closest plane on Z axis to the camera got real-time reflections on it, creating a discrepancy- and you never saw the water level vary in a single view in the FC2 singleplayer / multiplayer worlds due to this.)

46. Should be a simple feature to implement, probably using some helper boxes that show the collision box in editing mode (And visible only if some option is set). Did it in one of the later versions of my FC2 map editor mod that wasn't released.

48. The worldsectors can contain up to 4 textures (e.g. 4 textures per 64x64 meters of terrain) due to the fact it uses a 32BPP 8 bits-per-channel RGBA texture to mask them. Of course, if the textures wouldn't be set in a global scope it'd be more than possible, but rather being able to select them on a per-sector basis (like in the Ubisoft internal map editor.).

49. Quite an heavy feature when it comes to memory and map distribution, could easily bump up the map size to tens of megabytes, so I doubt it's happening. Also not too simple to implement (but is more than doable.).

Fallen-Champ
07-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks razorfinnish for that info, I know you are very experienced with how things work, if it is that easy to implement some of those things then it is just a matter of getting through to the right person I guess - Unfortunately we have no direct link to the editor guys - as you rightly pointed out we rarely hear from anyone in that field.

A couple of other things I thought of which would benefit us all.

55. This has been mentioned numerous times, when we get to the end of the map you just see endless water and it looks awful, unless we raise terrain around our map - Is there any way to get pre made things which could be placed beyond the map limit, as an example Sky Boxes that could add a totally different feel / theme to the map or background mountains, that kind of thing ?

56. The wilderness generator seemed ok with Far Cry 2 although I rarely used it - with Far Cry 3 it was extremely poor and only really offered 2 choices with the Beach / Islands I tried always been small and flat looking, is the wilderness generator still in FC4 and is it improved from FC3 ?

57. With Far Cry 3 pre release I remember Daniel Berlin saying that the maps with the game could be opened in the editor and changed "not those exact words" but something along those lines, The thing is a lot of the items they had we didn't get in the editor.
So will there be anything like this with FC4 or are the MP maps that ship with the game locked ?

58. Watchdogs has a crazy mini game where you are tripping and bouncing off mushrooms in the air - Now some people say Far Cry is supposed to be a FPS Game but those that say that have not done their homework into the crazy user created maps that have been around over the last 8-10 years.
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/Predator/1FDA3ECD79D1/0910180210_0.jpg?itok=AC25Dtk2http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/Predator/D42A910C0AB1/0917095719_2.jpg?itok=Zz_0Z5cK
Above via mods on Predator xbox 360 the ladders were angled and the speed we climbed them was hugely accelerated - This launched the player into the air and depending on the speed you could land close to the other end of the map. (you needed to land on water really otherwise you die hitting the terrain - similar to the wingsuit I guess)
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/thumbs/Xbox360/Predator/E/E2E990D0529C.jpghttp://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/Predator/B633340EDD5B/1228185725_6.jpg?itok=W-Mgy_jlhttp://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/Predator/E282B1E99E3A/1227075501_0.jpg?itok=fP1i0oEF
Above left has an upwards zipline which the speed could be increased / decreased, it was possible to get inside and onto the top of the space ship.
The middle image shows a skybox (as did the left pic) also black water and the right hand image shows some crazy stuff that people do - just a map where the aim was messing and doing crazy jumps off that slalom type ramp.

So the question is this - As with Far Cry 3 were were in a way locked out from the fun and crazy side of the game, with Far Cry 4 are there any things in place which will allow players to have freedom to do the craziest things in their maps and to have fun the way they want ?

x_maxpower204
07-23-2014, 03:56 PM
It would be nice to get some answers before its too late to address the mistakes :nonchalance:

StrayDog_RR
07-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Awesome thread, if someone has twitter please contact the guy who is responsible of this page https://twitter.com/FarCrygame because I suppose that he's the ComDev....

DapperHayden007
07-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Awesome thread, if someone has twitter please contact the guy who is responsible of this page https://twitter.com/FarCrygame because I suppose that he's the ComDev....

Sorry to have to correct you, but it's a woman responsible for Far Cry twitter account :rolleyes:

Farcryisdead
07-23-2014, 06:17 PM
I was contacted by ubisoft on the 16th, through farcrygame twitter page by direct message, asking if i could give them my email address so they could ask me some questions about my fc3 map editor work. they said they will get back to me soon. hopefully this means they may want input from the map building community. i will pass info on when i can, thats IF i can.

StrayDog_RR
07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Sorry to have to correct you, but it's a woman responsible for Far Cry twitter account :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, I didn't know.

I was contacted by ubisoft on the 16th, through farcrygame twitter page by direct message, asking if i could give them my email address so they could ask me some questions about my fc3 map editor work. they said they will get back to me soon. hopefully this means they may want input from the map building community. i will pass info on when i can, thats IF i can.

ok

Farcryisdead
07-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Ahh, so it's not just me they wanted to ask some questions to :) I was going to DM you but didn't want to tell everyone like this, kinda wanted to keep it secret but I guess a select few are going to be asked :D

If i was asked not to say anything, i wouldn't have posted it, but i thought it would make people feel a bit better to know they (ubi) are thinking about the map building community. im sure we wont be able to talk about the questions once asked, but thats to be expected.

I was asked a set of questions for one of the fc3 updates, but i was told not to talk about it, and never did.

Fallen-Champ
07-24-2014, 09:32 AM
I was asked a set of questions for one of the fc3 updatesAh the FC3 Updates - That was a really odd thing because they released a game with explosives, weapon placement in maps which they said we would not get, and a decent allowance for placing items in a single grid square although they had stated it was a regional thing and not down to a single grid - then the patch came out and took away 75% of the explosives, crippled us with a dreadful allowance for items in a single grid - and they took away weapon placement in user made maps - a very confusing time that was, There was another update which gave us more map tagging choices (most said it was a waste of time) they gave us a search for maps by the same author which was a nice addition but should have been included at the start - And a way to monitor the game as dedicated host I believe (I never once used it) The first 2 update / patches did nothing good really - then we got some free DLC for the map editor which appeared great at first but was very expensive on how many items we could use in a single grid square - there were some nice wall / floor pieces, nice to get free but the game was already well dead by then unfortunately.

RaZoRFINNISH
07-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Oh yes, the most important question of all...

Have the IBL probes finally been fixed, so we're not going to suffer from eye-destroying moments like this, the X360 and PS3 didn't suffer as much because the probe cubemap resolution was so small compared to the PC version and I believe they actually made it work properly on them... Also happened in all custom maps with underground areas, but in the custom maps, the reflections were blue (On the FC3 PC editor, the probes worked properly on surface while in editing mode... But the moment you jumped in-game, every reflection became... Well... Blue.)

Should just allow us to hand-place them, really (Which could easily be done in a mod, using a custom entity though)
http://www.abload.de/img/farcry3_d3d11_2012_12x0q6d.jpg

Farcryisdead
07-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Ah the FC3 Updates - That was a really odd thing because they released a game with explosives, weapon placement in maps which they said we would not get, and a decent allowance for placing items in a single grid square although they had stated it was a regional thing and not down to a single grid - then the patch came out and took away 75% of the explosives, crippled us with a dreadful allowance for items in a single grid - and they took away weapon placement in user made maps - a very confusing time that was, There was another update which gave us more map tagging choices (most said it was a waste of time) they gave us a search for maps by the same author which was a nice addition but should have been included at the start - And a way to monitor the game as dedicated host I believe (I never once used it) The first 2 update / patches did nothing good really - then we got some free DLC for the map editor which appeared great at first but was very expensive on how many items we could use in a single grid square - there were some nice wall / floor pieces, nice to get free but the game was already well dead by then unfortunately.

I strongly believe all support was ended for far cry 3 because of the destructive abuse towards the com devs, the dev team, forum managers. i was told by com dev vextor, i think it was around the time of second patch, that they had future plans for fc3 but couldn't talk about it yet. but as the weeks past, the forums were getting toxic, and with each patch created more abuse towards ubi.

I believe if people had waited for a few more patches, i think that beta test would have become a custom playlist. but at some point, i think the abuse was so bad they just had to draw a line under fc3 and move on. some of the more abusive communtiy members are to blame for the ending of fc3 support, it may be hard for some to swallow but it's true. remember constructive Criticism can help, but destructive abuse is just destructive.

MickyDaLips
07-24-2014, 12:53 PM
I strongly believe all support was ended for far cry 3 because of the destructive abuse towards the com devs, the dev team, forum managers. i was told by com dev vextor, i think it was around the time of second patch, that they had future plans for fc3 but couldn't talk about it yet. but as the weeks past, the forums were getting toxic, and with each patch created more abuse towards ubi.

I believe if people had waited for a few more patches, i think that beta test would have become a custom playlist. but at some point, i think the abuse was so bad they just had to draw a line under fc3 and move on. some of the more abusive communtiy members are to blame for the ending of fc3 support, it may be hard for some to swallow but it's true. remember constructive Criticism can help, but destructive abuse is just destructive.

I really can't see that being the case, if it WAS the case that's a terrible justification.

We'll just get something out of the way first, I don't believe abuse is ever the way to go or justified, and I have no doubt that the overwhelming majority of people will agree with me on this.

Let's begin with percentages, how many copies of FC3 were sold, millions? Hundreds of thousands? It's a safe bet that Ubi were hoping hundreds of thousands would be playing the MP. How may people were 'abusive', to the point of being banned from the forums, a handful? Dozens? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

Failing to fix the MP problems of FC3 because some kids were nasty isn't akin to keeping everyone behind in class 'cos someone swore behind the teachers back, it's like keeping the entire school population back!

I think I traded in my copy of FC3 about 3 or 4 months after I paid for it, because it failed to luve up to what was reasonably expected, ie improvements over FC2 whilst keeping what worked. I had a game that I couldn't talk with my team mates, we couldn't... actually let's not re-hash this, we all know the many problems the game had. During that time Ubi didn't respond to the many justifiable and reasonably expressed issues, there was virtually zero engagement with the reasonable customer, zero communication about what plans were to fix what or any priorities, or even disagreement with what the stated problems were.

In todays world whatever anyone puts out will get criticism, sometimes justly deserved, sometimes unjustly. sometimes put across in a reasonable manner, sometimes toxic. The one thing you can guarantee, is EVERYTHING will get some toxic abusive rants, whether it's a gamers youtube channel, a football team, a movie, a comic book... so does that mean that the people who make justifiable critique should be ignored? I never once saw a post from Ubi acknowledge the party chat problems, the only times they would respond were to move complaints to support to get 'suppport tickets' that could never resolve anything with this issue, but sought to transfer the source of the problem to the user.

I don't accept that I somehow lost obligations to me as a customer because Ubi couldn't handle some trolls. I don't care how nasty, toxic, or unreasonable their rants were, it is a major pillar of morality that innocents don't get punished for the actions of the guilty, the many hundreds of thousands who bought FC3 DESERVED answers and an attempt to engage with the community and redress, the words of a bunch of hotheads didn't diminish that one jot.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I'm quite happy to let bygones be bygones, if Ubi fix the problems from FC3 with this release, all's well and good and you can in future refer to me as 'happymuppet', but I'll never accept Ubi were right to walk away like they did last time, and definitely not with that rationale!

oRAZORTAILo
07-24-2014, 03:04 PM

I can't recall seeing an actual developer on this forum for a long time, and I find it hard to believe that Mr. Shade, Pixie or Vextor would complain at a developer that the community has been so mean to them and they thought it would be best to pull the plug on FC3.

Every once in a while you would see an individual post something personal but that was on a rare occasion, and they would get banned for a few days.

Bottom line is that they are the ones that screwed us over before and after release, all we did was hope it would get better.

The reason why they pulled the plug is because it would require so much effort in fixing which could not be earned back.

Farcryisdead
07-24-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/424873/online-abuse-is-driving-games-developers-away/

MickyDaLips
07-24-2014, 04:06 PM
None of which answers or addresses the points I made.

Right now some people will be tearing the Destiny Beta apart, should Bungie just fold up camp and refuse to update it? Do you see any industry as being now immune to criticism because of the behaviour of some 'fans' or sick individuals? You make youtube videos, will you fold up if you come across a troll?

oRAZORTAILo
07-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Surely there are people out there that say horrible things, but to pull the plug on a AAA title will never happen. You can't compare an indie game developer, in this case with Fez, which was mostly done by a single individual to a company this big.

Far cry's failure had nothing to do with death threats or anything in that direction.

Farcryisdead
07-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Well let's just hope we get the map editing stuff we want in fc4 :)

MickyDaLips
07-24-2014, 05:00 PM

That is something I can fully agree with :)

oRAZORTAILo
07-24-2014, 05:14 PM

You said it ! Let's focus on the good stuff ahead..

RaZoRFINNISH
07-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Far cry's failure had nothing to do with death threats or anything in that direction.

Exactly, in terms of multiplayer patches it was just Ubisoft Massive not doing their job, with the singleplayer Montreal actually listened to some of the requests. The game sold well enough for the IP to be profitable even when it was broken, which means "Move on, milk more" in the AAA industry. Ubisoft is quite known for this, no major patches... Ever. Most of their games simply die out because they're so broken nowadays, yet people still keep buying the next game(s) after the disappointment (Which should stop, that'd drive the developer to actually pay attention.).

x_maxpower204
07-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Massive was in over their head from the start. They promised things they didn't deliver. It's stunning that Ubi gave Massive another multiplayer game, makes you wonder if quality even matters anymore.

FC2 was abandoned after 6 months, FC3 was abandoned after 3 months. At this rate we'll be lucky to get any support after the release of FC4.

RaZoRFINNISH
07-25-2014, 09:51 AM
Massive was in over their head from the start. They promised things they didn't deliver. It's stunning that Ubi gave Massive another multiplayer game, makes you wonder if quality even matters anymore.

FC2 was abandoned after 6 months, FC3 was abandoned after 3 months. At this rate we'll be lucky to get any support after the release of FC4.

Yup, things like that really make me want to do something constructive that I can use to break into the industry with, I'd so like to stop that nonsense (could even use my free time to fix issues with Far Cry games since I love the IP and the series themselves...), and since I have experience with nearly all of the stuff needed (That is, nearly the only issues I wouldn't be able to fix very soon would be with the Ubisoft servers... Nobody has, ever, managed to fix them. They should just go for a good ol' plain scrap-it-and-rewrite approach.)... But hey, when FC4 releases I'll just write an editor that's... A tad improved compared to the original one, hopefully getting their attention (Already working on the docking UI framework as we speak...), since I wrote a primitive custom editor for FC2, I don't think that creating a good one for FC4 would be too problematic. Could probably even integrate some modding tools with it, that is if I can get the thing to reload assets in real-time.

MickyDaLips
07-25-2014, 10:09 AM
(could even use my free time to fix issues with Far Cry games since I love the IP and the series themselves...),

That. That right there.

It's worth remembering that all of us who criticised aspects of FC3 weren't trolls looking for an easy kick, we weren't butthurt fanbois, we were people who could see enormous potential going to waste.

Your community LOVES your work Ubi, work with that and use us!

oRAZORTAILo
07-25-2014, 10:26 AM
The above

Ix Johnnien xI
07-25-2014, 01:42 PM
How flexible is the grappling hook? Is it just used to climb up to higher ground or could the player swing side to side and release it to get to other areas? Is the player capable of attacking 1) in a standstill while holding on to the grapple hook and 2) while swinging is a player able to knock down other enemies/players?

Fallen-Champ
07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Ix Johnnien xI they said that at first they looked at us been able to use the grappling hook anywhere but then decided on it been used at key / set areas, it was confirmed that we can go up / down and sideswards, but so far it is not clear if we can use a weapon while using the grappling hook - Great question's

Ix Johnnien xI
07-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Can players aquire the grappling hook in MP? Is there a limit to how many key points/set areas players can place out in their maps?

Fallen-Champ
07-25-2014, 10:13 PM
I would like to get these questions listed in order and have the post locked so that only the Com Dev could input the answers with us posting any further questions maybe in this thread, that way we can keep it simple for viewing.

Some other questions.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtVKG44CAAAeN02.jpg

A far cry 4 printed T-Shirt as a prize above - Will there be any form of clothing merchandise for Far Cry 4 that will become available to purchase ?

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/subpenfc3_zps62abe346.jpg

Reference standard Multiplayer in Far Cry 3 we had forced upon us the Team Support Weapon / Battle Cries as a way of earning XP for the team / player, and also Perks.
What has changed with Far Cry 4 ? (are these all still in the game / changed or gone)

The Power Struggle Bar (what I call it) circled in Red, with that it just went from side to side but didn't really help either team and was useless as most matches ran until the timer ran out with FireStorm been an exception that we could end the match early by actually winning, Is that bar still active in FC4 and please say that we could set to say 50 kills or 100 kills in TDM or a similar objective based mode we could set to a specific number of captures and end / win the match rather than the losing team been humiliated until the timer runs out where most leave before then and the winning team get bored and want a balanced match.

Are these end of match movies still in the multiplayer game (shown when the match ends ) ?
http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/115/114218/auto/fc3_pvp0412_screenshot_end_match_nologo.jpg
My opinion is they grew old very fast and were not really funny for long but a lot of the mappers loved the idea of creating a custom made showcase area in their map where the end of match movie played out.
I would love to see a return of the camera zooming in to the top overall player from any match and panning around them as the game stops - showing the winner for 5 or 10 seconds, what is shown at the end of a FC4 Match ?

The mortar looks to do a lot of damage, is this a weapon that can be used in multiplayer ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4Mortar1_zps81a3cafa.jpg

Mr_Shade
07-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Ahh, so it's not just me they wanted to ask some questions to :) I was going to DM you but didn't want to tell everyone like this, kinda wanted to keep it secret but I guess a select few are going to be asked :D

Arr so they did contact you guys then - I was wondering ;)

I would be careful of sharing what this entails - since it maybe covered by a NDA ;)

RE: this thread - I think it's best left public - so people can post the questions they feel like asking - the Com Devs / Com Managers - can read through and pick from these and make a new thread with the answers - since that's how it's normally done - assuming they are able to answer them ;)

Farcryisdead
07-26-2014, 05:30 PM
It's ok shade if im asked to not speak about it i wont, i never spoke about the fc3 questions ;)

oRAZORTAILo
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't really understand why individuals are approached, if the Devs have questions why not come on this forum and start by introducing themselves and tell us what they would like to ask ?

Farcryisdead
07-27-2014, 11:10 AM
People are approached because most of the time forum wishlists and most wanted feature lists get out of hand, there is no structure or order, the most important stuff can get buried under non important stuff. it's better to focus on about 5 really good ideas, rather than focusing on a 1000 average ones.

Top Priority - having a fc2 style custom map hosting system in multiplayer.

Not a Priority - a pink wingsuit for an elephant.

MickyDaLips
07-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Top Priority - having a fc2 style custom map hosting system in multiplayer.

Not a Priority - a pink wingsuit for an elephant.

Nope. I'd rather have the pink wingsuit for an elephant.

#campaignforpinkwingsuitsforelephants

Farcryisdead
07-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Nope. I'd rather have the pink wingsuit for an elephant.

#campaignforpinkwingsuitsforelephants

Lol :)

pacmanate
07-27-2014, 04:05 PM
My question is

Why is there not a FC4 forum yet?!

Mr_Shade
07-27-2014, 05:33 PM
My question is

Why is there not a FC4 forum yet?!

The team are considering options ;)

I did rename this one to FC4 - however that seems likely to confuse some people - so the FC team will decide on what happens when they start ramping up for release ;)

TLDR - watch this space ;)

MickyDaLips
07-27-2014, 05:57 PM
The team are considering options ;)

for what it's worth I'd value a new and seperate forum

RaZoRFINNISH
07-28-2014, 11:35 AM
for what it's worth I'd value a new and seperate forum

Yup, the "Far Cry Legacy" section is way too cluttered- they should simply have separate sections for all the games and add new ones as needed.

Mr_Shade
07-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Well it maybe time to start over - however that will be down to them :)

Hopefully the community won't be too fractured by it, since that was one of our main worries - too few people posting in too many forums - which at present is a real concern, however closer to release, I'm sure it will fill out nicely :)

Fallen-Champ
07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Hopefully the community won't be too fractured by it, since that was one of our main worries - too few people posting in too many forums - which at present is a real concern, however closer to release, I'm sure it will fill out nicely :)

Well all the Far Cry Fan Sites are quiet from members posting but there are people looking, and there are people talking online and in games - the community will be back in numbers but right now I think it is fair to say that you need to dangle that carrot in front of them.

Everyone who enjoyed the single player game of FC3 will know they have nothing to worry about with FC4 - it will be another big seller and hit the figures expected and beyond, I believe once we get a trickle of info from anything new in the editor or from the MP side then it will be like a volcano erupting - so really that depends on how long the marketing guys want to wait until they wake up the community.

Nothing has changed for peoples hunger for getting in that editor and getting a map made - but they need some reassurances that they will get more control with the hosting options, honestly for someone to just come out and say a few things it would make a lot of people happy, and just to give us a little info from the editor side would get the tongues wagging.

Battlemap have something coming up really soon that they will announce - Dapper is still pushing farcryuniverse and FCMaps is getting some old faces browsing so there are people out there - just twist a few arms to get a little extra info and you will open people's eyes in a big way.

Reference a new FC4 Forum - just transfer over / move the popular topics from here it won't affect anyone at present as there are only a handful of us posting.

MickyDaLips
07-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I totally concurr with everything Champ said.

If we do get some info, we'll be chatting, making vids, extrapolating anything we can from whatever tidbits are released, right now tho we kinda have nothing to discuss apart from 'I hope xyz is different from FC3'.

And we're as bored with that discussion as I'm sure you are :)

Give us the juice, the low-down. the inside info, the skinny, the dope and these forums will become VERY lively, and it would also be a good point to bury the past :)

oRAZORTAILo
07-29-2014, 09:06 AM
There is no win in the single player part of the game, it's out and looks like FC3 with some extra's in it. No need to convince the people that enjoyed that on FC3, they know it will be good.

Unless they are not planning to implement the custom lobbies, vehicles in MP etc. I see no reason to hold back on some info either, just a response from someone on the inside can put a smile on peoples faces and spread a positive note out through the community, if they really listen to us now would be a good time to show some love.

Besides we are reeling in on the release date, 3,5 months isn't all that long and the MP could use a boost. I would expect that the above decisions have been made by now.

DapperHayden007
07-29-2014, 02:52 PM
I see no reason to hold back on some info either, just a response from someone on the inside can put a smile on peoples faces and spread a positive note out through the community, if they really listen to us now would be a good time to show some love.

Just keep all eyes peeled August 11th, I've heard that is when MP is going to be shown, but this isn't a guarantee though

oRAZORTAILo
07-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Just keep all eyes peeled August 11th, I've heard that is when MP is going to be shown, but this isn't a guarantee though

I noticed you posted this a few days ago, thanks for the info Dapper.

Fallen-Champ
07-29-2014, 04:34 PM
GDC - Game Developers Conference Europe
Cologne Germany August 11th to 13th

Hope your right Dapper

DapperHayden007
07-29-2014, 04:43 PM
GDC - Game Developers Conference Europe
Cologne Germany August 11th to 13th

Hope your right Dapper

I am sure GDC was where we saw that one screenshot of the map editor on Far Cry 3, the one we couldn't make out properly, GDC is always a good time to show off that a game comes with it's own developers tools, especially for a game that comes with a console editor.

Again, wasn't GDC where they showed the Map editor Demonstration on Far Cry 2 also, not too sure though

oh and completely unrelated, here are some postcards with Far Cry 4 concept art on them. Found the image off twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtuHZhvIcAAl5zb.jpg

Fallen-Champ
07-29-2014, 05:20 PM
http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/115/114218/Newmapeditorpic1.jpg

You mean that pic above - That was Hakan, I spoke to him when I was in Malmo at the Massive studio, unlucky for me I was useless at trying to make a map with the mouse and keyboard so I spent the time chatting (I have a big mouth) that is when I asked if it was possible to create 4 separate maps inside the main grid we get when opening up a new map - but have one map just for FireStorm with it's own spawns - 1 for Domination with own spawns etc etc - His face lit up and he said I never thought of that but yes it would be possible.

He was a nice guy but unfortunately we don't have a direct line to the editor guys so unless they are sick enough to read our demands / moans / cries / wants on here or if no one (as passionate as us sad people) passes queries over they might never understand some of the things people do with the editor when thinking outside the box.

The guy in this vid below was there also but I didn't feel he understood me that well - either his English or my Northern accent was the problem but he seemed ok also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeEpgQ9XVo0

It would be nice to hear about this Mission Creator which was rumored in the gameinformer magazine - Just a simple yes or no for if it is true, is it single player only or can we invite others in, can the levels contain A.I. and Vehicles and can they be saved and uploaded to the Ubi Servers ?
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/FC4buildyourownoutpost_zpsff74e8db.jpg

Nice find on the postcards - we are always browsing for things, one day the Com Dev might show up and give us some hints and clues as to what we can find / when and where

oRAZORTAILo
07-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Was thinking about going to GDC again this year, nice event but very very crowded. There was a 6 hour que to play BF4, by the time you could hold the controller you were most likely dehydrated or wetted your pants from the long wait. But still might be worth it if we know what UBI will show.

Posts like the gameinformer magazine are very political, they tell us nothing. Can remember that someone did a review on the editor ( robert something ) and he said we could use the A.I. and vehicles in MP, just to get a video out not knowing what is actually going on in the community. It really needs to be official.

Nice work on the banner champ !

DapperHayden007
07-29-2014, 05:53 PM
That Mission editor always had me hyped, it means you can actually create somewhat scripted missions, giving AI a path to follow, allowing you to incorporate your own stealth ways around, maybe a little AI editing, such as health, Speed and what not may make things a little more interesting. Also an AI character maker, where you can make the AI look how you want them to instead of using the game's own, This would allow us to make different themed characters such as, Zombies, Astronaughts, Natives and what not, each Mission would be entirely unique and special in its own way.

Fallen-Champ
07-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Nice work on the banner champ !

I just keep tinkering around trying to learn little bits, one day I might be able to do some nice stuff - Picking up a laptop soon so I can play around with photoshop on Nights and Weekends when at work.:)

Looking back we were told by Vextor that we would NOT be able to use weapons in the editor for user created maps - then when the game released we had them, just looked like a mistake was made - shame they didn't let us keep that set up really, but yeah Razor I agree if you knew there was something to do with the editor on show then it might be worth your while going but I think they would only show it on a stage in front of a crowd - They did this back at Pax Prime in 2008 just over a month before launch - I can't find the vid but know that some of the Genesis Device crew were there that day - Max Prey and his Wife Sugarm0mma.

Far Cry 2 Map Edior Demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWYmu6sTODo

This vid blew us all away when it came out just before the game (FC2) released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0kWkjued8Y

Far Cry 2 Map Editor Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnG4WhXMtE

I also remember that Sugarm0mma was invited to an event along with some others from the forums here, they were asked to create a race track with the editor after been shown the basics.
Looking at those vids above Far Cry 2's Map Editor got a lot more exposure than Far Cry 3's.

Mr_Shade
07-30-2014, 04:57 PM
oh and completely unrelated, here are some postcards with Far Cry 4 concept art on them. Found the image off twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtuHZhvIcAAl5zb.jpg
Was going to say 'Nice nails!' - but you found the pic lol ;)

Fallen-Champ
07-30-2014, 05:35 PM
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/fc4nailsfragdolls_zpsc69f2247.jpg

You should get into the spirit of things Mr Shade and have yours done by the Frag Dolls - then you can post the pic on here so we can wind you up for the next year or 2:p

Mr_Shade
07-30-2014, 05:37 PM
shame I bite mine.. [dirty dirty man] so I would have to have false ones..

Maybe for Eurogamer 2014 - if I'm working on Far Cry 4 stand - I'll have one nail done ;)

oRAZORTAILo
07-30-2014, 05:50 PM
shame I bite mine.. [dirty dirty man] so I would have to have false ones..

Maybe for Eurogamer 2014 - if I'm working on Far Cry 4 stand - I'll have one nail done ;)

Since you are taking us off topic :pI hope you are aware of the dangers of biting your nails.

http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Biting-Your-Nails

If the above is the case you won't have to do one nail when in London, it will be obvious.

When or if available can you tell us what you guys are doing on the Gamescom in Germany ?

TRASH85
08-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Razor and micky got a point you gotta have thick skin to be in this industry to begin with . I dont no about you soldier but my game cost money,hard earned $ at that . They had a chance to save face but drop the ball and its a shame, this game has so much poteintail (cant spell) and the best thing that ubi can do is pay close attention to there gamers

RaZoRFINNISH
08-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Razor and micky got a point you gotta have thick skin to be in this industry to begin with . I dont no about you soldier but my game cost money,hard earned $ at that . They had a chance to save face but drop the ball and its a shame, this game has so much poteintail (cant spell) and the best thing that ubi can do is pay close attention to there gamers

If they had listened to our complaints before the release of FC3, they would still have the loyal community that kept on playing their previous games for years- but Far Cry 3 was a total deathblow for those- people just bought it because they hyped it up with pretty trailers and the game ended up being broken beyond repair (the multiplayer, at the very least.) and misrepresented.

Ix Johnnien xI
08-17-2014, 11:18 PM
In the FC4s map editor will it be possible to change between the 24 hour day & night cycle that occurs in Kyrat and the day & night cycle that occurs in Shangri La?

RaZoRFINNISH
08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
In the FC4s map editor will it be possible to change between the 24 hour day & night cycle that occurs in Kyrat and the day & night cycle that occurs in Shangri La?

I'd really appreciate some more customizable parameters like sun color, sky color and ambient color.

Fallen-Champ
08-18-2014, 08:33 PM
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/dir_3239/image_323944_fit_940.jpg

Those Portals seen in the Shangri-La video, can we have them to use ourselves in user created maps ?
I see no reason why they wouldn't work, someone modded ziplines in FC Evolution so you could teleport around the map, they would be useful for some crazy styled maps.

Not sure why I am putting questions in here really as II can't see anyone showing up to answer them.

TRASH85
08-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Makes you wander if were on there radar at all? Why should we stand by and watch them botch this up to ? Does anybody have any pull with those call of duty guys? I bet they could make a great map editor / modern warfare / battlefeild / halo( i know they got one but they could do a hole lot better) anybody willing to cash in on this ? Maybe a map editor multiplyer without a campain just mapping that could be the best game ever. Correct me if im wrong doesnt that leave more room on the disk for say........ map peices editing tools ect ect?

MauroRobert
08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
@Trash85: Most of the content in the editor was made for the singleplayer campaign. So without the campaign, there's wouldn't be too many objects in the first place. :P
By the way, COD already has Radiant, Halo has Forge. And don't forget Source, Unreal, Cry Editor etc. There's actually a lot of editors out there you just have to look around. :D

RaZoRFINNISH
08-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Makes you wander if were on there radar at all? Why should we stand by and watch them botch this up to ? Does anybody have any pull with those call of duty guys? I bet they could make a great map editor / modern warfare / battlefeild / halo( i know they got one but they could do a hole lot better) anybody willing to cash in on this ? Maybe a map editor multiplyer without a campain just mapping that could be the best game ever. Correct me if im wrong doesnt that leave more room on the disk for say........ map peices editing tools ect ect?

Creating an console-compliant map editor that gets accepted by Microsoft/Sony for distribution isn't an easy task- in fact, even developing an PC-exclusive production editor is a huge effort (primitive ones are easy and simple- but when you want user friendliness and something that the team enjoys working with, it gets a lot harder.). Also if you want it to run on consoles, your engine must be made with that in mind- IW Engine with the Radiant editor isn't exactly something you'd like to use on a console... (Well, most users don't like Radiant on PC anyway. It's so outdated and not WYSIWYG, etc...)