PDA

View Full Version : STACKED CREATURS SHOULD ATTACK ONE BY ONE not the whole stack at once!

ulpsz
07-06-2014, 04:11 PM
well that is just from the top of my head ..after seing the stream ...

stacks seem truly op right now...

I mean there's no way to insta kill them as dark one shots only work on one creature...(imagine a 1/0/1 10 creature stack on which you cast soulreaver and it becomes only 9/0/9

no fat creature can stand up to a well made stack, no idea how broken bridge works...., damage spells only weaken them slightley,

a goood idea imo would be if stacked creatures attacked ONE BY ONE..so for ex: there is a stack of 7 1/0/1 creatures in front of a tainted orc...so 7/0/7 vs 4/3/7

if the stack atatcks the orc it dies ..and the stack remains the same size..but if stacked creatures would attack one by one than they would also kill the orc but the stack would be left with only 1 creature..makes much more sense

bear in mind tokens are very cheap and easy to create so it's much easy to replenish a stack tahn to bring fresh creatures ingame

well i base my assumption on seing the stream not on actualy playing.. so ..what is your oppinon on this???

Aegon82
07-06-2014, 04:17 PM
I haven't seen the stream, but Kimmundi said that soulreaver would kill the whole stack of creatures, no just one of them.
Town portal and puppet master should work the same then.
And broken bridge doesn't really care about stack, it returns ALL creatures on that line.

Unless they decided to change how stack works before the release...

Stoneofhelp
07-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Jason already addressed this in another thread

The spell will impact the entire stack. A stack acts as one creature when it is on the battleground. If you play Soulreaver on a stack, you kill the whole thing. Town Portal will return the creature card that was originally put in play into the owner’s hand. If the stack is made of tokens, they are banished instead.

HighLanderPony
07-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Complaints based on misinformation, gotta love it.

Soulreaver kills the whole stack. Bouncing also messes up stacks (it removes every stack from the row, and 'kills' all but one). It's not like the factions that get stacks don't need some help (mainly Haven).

If they'd attack one by one it would be convoluted as heck, please no.

It's fine as it is, or at least, it wouldn't be better with your suggestion.

MoritzBradtke
07-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I still dont get how broken Bridge will work, what will probably be played a lot...
Say u played 2 stackable shooter on a garrison.... thats a stack of 4, enemy Plays broken Bridge and i get the 2 real Cards i played back? and the 2 Bonus Cards dissapear?

Dygenis
07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I still dont get how broken Bridge will work, what will probably be played a lot...
Say u played 2 stackable shooter on a garrison.... thats a stack of 4, enemy Plays broken Bridge and i get the 2 real Cards i played back? and the 2 Bonus Cards dissapear?

Yeap , propably it will work like Town Portal. You get the original cards back in hand. If there were any tokens inside that stack ( created from another source to increase size of stack ) , those will get banished.

npavcec
07-07-2014, 04:19 PM
You'll get only original "stackable" card back I presume, because when you use second, it goes to graveyard.

MoritzBradtke
07-07-2014, 04:46 PM
but what if there are 2 original cards? and one of them goes graveyard due to stacking mechanic? probably works same as with soulreaver for townportal etc? u only get 1 Card back no matter how many u played on a stack? i even dont understand why they've deciced to handle stacks this ways that cards go to graveyard if u stack em, its a bit confusing

ulpsz
07-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Complaints based on misinformation, gotta love it.

Soulreaver kills the whole stack. Bouncing also messes up stacks (it removes every stack from the row, and 'kills' all but one). It's not like the factions that get stacks don't need some help (mainly Haven).

If they'd attack one by one it would be convoluted as heck, please no.

It's fine as it is, or at least, it wouldn't be better with your suggestion.

nobody is comlaining just pointing ot a potentialy broken issue....

if stacks are allways treated like a single entity...they attack as one and an effect that destroys/bounces a single creaturre would destroy/bonce a whole stack in one sho,t than I got no issue...

but this should be consistent..from the stream it was my impression that stcks are treated like a single entity only when they atatck...

Kimundi
07-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Indeed, they act as one creature. Attack as one, die as one. And even worse, their attack/retaliation is lowered as they take damage!

Soulreaver kills them all, bounce sends back only the original copy in your hand (and in the case of tokens, they are just banished), and it's not even possible to merge stacks of the same name together anymore :) Powerful but not OP imo ;)

npavcec
07-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Soulreaver kills them all, bounce sends back only the original copy in your hand (and in the case of tokens, they are just banished), and it's not even possible to merge stacks of the same name together anymore :)

Not to mention the worse, which worries me the most - that you inevitably spend/lose a card when you want to increase the stack. Or, is there any way to gravedig with factions which have stackables? I don't know. I am sceptic toward the concept. They might be powerful by design, but come with so much longterm gameplay drawbacks.. we will see soon.

Aegon82
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
I think that bounce should return all non token creatures to hand, not only one.
Stacks are fragile enough already to any kind of removal.
Also, I can't understand why if creatures are stackable, they don't actually stack, but one goes to graveyard...

blzzrd89
07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Indeed, they act as one creature. Attack as one, die as one. And even worse, their attack/retaliation is lowered as they take damage!

Soulreaver kills them all, bounce sends back only the original copy in your hand (and in the case of tokens, they are just banished), and it's not even possible to merge stacks of the same name together anymore :) Powerful but not OP imo ;)
Powerful? Considering all its vulnerabilities stack mechanics (on paper) looks like another failure in game design. And this really worries me since like 50% of cards in new expansion devoted to stackable creatures.
Objectively all creatures with stackable are weaker than its non-stackable replacement for the same cost, what makes them bad at early game. In mid-late game even if you managed to make stacks somewhat cost-effective they become a desirable target for return-to-hand effects, dark magic and just any damage at all.
So what do we have (for now itís just on paper):
1) stacks are not good for early game because of low stats for a single creature;
2) stacks are not effective at blocking other creatures, so it wont help you to take a control over a board in early-mid game;
3) in mid-late game large stacks are even more vulnerable than fatties, which haven't seen much play before exactly because of its vulnerability.

HighLanderPony
07-09-2014, 07:54 AM
nobody is comlaining just pointing ot a potentialy broken issue....

if stacks are allways treated like a single entity...they attack as one and an effect that destroys/bounces a single creaturre would destroy/bonce a whole stack in one sho,t than I got no issue...

but this should be consistent..from the stream it was my impression that stcks are treated like a single entity only when they atatck...

I had the impression that you were furious (caps and exclamation mark). I thought you were complaining. You weren't, so my bad.

Removal like Soulreaver does remove the whole stack. Damage only removes as many as the damage can. For example if you damage a stack of two 4 HP creatures for 4 damage, one stack is lost.

Bounce removes every stack from the board and only returns 1 stack to the hand, the originally played card.