PDA

View Full Version : uniqe creature prime aligned

soniqe
07-04-2014, 02:03 AM
we got all schools except prime aligned, are we gonna get it in Griffin Bane? would be nice to have all schools at once! :)

dukas13
07-04-2014, 02:29 AM
we got all schools except prime aligned, are we gonna get it in Griffin Bane? would be nice to have all schools at once! :)

http://imgur.com/a/qttji#60

there is not a prime aligned creature, according to this.
prime has the worst unique spell in the open format, plus prime has no good cheap spells, only situational
i dunno why they doing this, i think there is a reason, but prime is the worst spell school so far in any format

Elindar1
07-04-2014, 06:38 AM
[url]i dunno why they doing this, i think there is a reason, but prime is the worst spell school so far in any format
Seriously??? :eek:

Town portal and timejump are played by Myranda and Ariana, two really strong decks in standard, void ripple is a great spell in any matchups, dispells are the cheapest counter to enthrall right now so really effective in current meta. And some new spells incoming look interresting.

dukas13
07-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Seriously??? :eek:

Town portal and timejump are played by Myranda and Ariana, two really strong decks in standard, void ripple is a great spell in any matchups, dispells are the cheapest counter to enthrall right now so really effective in current meta. And some new spells incoming look interresting.

Void ripple, which is not such a great card costs 6 and 6 mana requirment, Time jump the same cost, im not talking about hardcast spells, im talking about prime school as a total. Prime has the worst lvl 1-4 spells among other spell shcools (all i can think of is town portal). Low lvl spells prime has, are working under circumstances (like mass dispell, neather curse, teleport), and cannot be used on a normal creature based deck.

Also prime has a very bad card as a unique spell (i was hoping it would shine against building decks, but then there are a few decks than are reliable on buildings, so even gate to nowhere is good depending on circumstances)

And now, after griffin bane, still not a powerfull low lvl prime spell, plus not a prime alinged creature

Even tho my main open deck has a prime element, i still think prime school is weak compared to others, thats my opinion

Cainium
07-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Prime is an utility school. It's for supporting specific strategies and dealing with specific circumstances.

So it can't and should never be working on it's own.

S9TF1
07-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Hmmm...

Anael=Haven
Damran=Necropolis
Hasafah=Academy
Hikyu=Inferno
Raya=Sanctuary
Zefiria=Stronghold

????=Dungeon? Some neutral creature from the Void?

The latter needs no explanation. The former might just be wishful thinking on my part, though it is known that Dungeon has access to Prime magic as well.:D

Cainium
07-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah, i would like to see Dungeon in the next Exp as well. THEN i would by some seals.... really. My favorite faction since "Chaos" was introduced in HoMM4.

But, and that's sad: Dark doesn't really fit into academy. Dark should be dungeon, and academy should be prime (they got Gazal and Nur).

svilleneuve
07-04-2014, 12:55 PM
There's no Prime aligned in GB. Thematically, it can't exist in the current cycle. They're all Dragon Knights, transforming into Dragons of a specific school. There can't be a Prime Dragon Knight.

Shambell
07-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Hmmm...

Anael=Haven
Damran=Necropolis
Hasafah=Academy
Hikyu=Inferno
Raya=Sanctuary
Zefiria=Stronghold

????=Dungeon? Some neutral creature from the Void?

The latter needs no explanation. The former might just be wishful thinking on my part, though it is known that Dungeon has access to Prime magic as well.:D

These one don't really belong to these different factions but are simply helping them against their true enemy.
In fact, they all belong to the "neutral" Dragon Knight faction.
It's why their enhanced forms are neutral and linked to an elemental magic school.
An Elemental Magic School = An Elemental Dragon.

Edit:

There can't be a Prime Dragon Knight.
But you can still try to do a Sar-Elam...;)

svilleneuve
07-04-2014, 01:40 PM
But you can still try to do a Sar-Elam...;)

That's not a Dragon Knight, that's a Dragon God!

I'm not saying a Prime Alligned creature is impossible, I'm just saying that it doesn't fit this cycle.

Shambell
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes of course, I was just jocking.

What I'm just saying is what the Dragon Knights want to achieve is akin to what Sar Elam did.
Some M&M writers remarked that in this, the Dragon Knights are truer to the ways of the 7th Dragon.

So I made the link.
Sar Elam became a Dragon God with Prime magic.
But no normal Dragon Knight follow this school as its nature is different from the others.
So, if someone wanted to become a Prime Dragon, why not ? But in this cas, our "Knight" would have to walk in Sar Elam's exact same steps and, if succeeding, would achieve "goddragonhood". A God, yes but also a (Prime) Dragon.

Not saying that it's an easy task...:)

Aranarth78
07-05-2014, 04:14 PM
I wonder: is there anything that prevents addition of non-unique magic aligned creatures ?
I would love to see some, especially prime ones. ;)

S9TF1
07-05-2014, 05:24 PM
But we already have those. All Angels are Light aligned. Many Daemons are Fire aligned. If you like Academy, then you'll be pleased to know that Djinns and Titans are Prime aligned as well.

Aranarth78
07-05-2014, 07:31 PM
I like the idea of having 2 types of creatures pool: one restrict to the hero's faction, and one restricted to the hero's schools of magic.
I think that would add more possibilities.

Voidstranger
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Nur will be Prime unique creature in next expansion.