PDA

View Full Version : RB3

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:09 PM
The graphics in FB are the very best. Unparalled in the flight sim world. That said, that's about it. The flight models suck. The bad part is, they suck in relation to one another. I played my old Red Baron 3 last night and it was most refreshing. The SE-5 was the fastest thing around at low to medium levels ( for WW1 Aircraft). The Fokker D-7 was supposed to be the fastest climber and superior at higher altitudes. Guess what? You could climb a D-7 up to 15,000 ft. and watch the SE-5's stalling out below in a vain attempt to reach you. The RB3 flight models may not be accurate, but they are accurate in relation to one another. This is an old flight sim. I've been playing it off and on for about 5 yrs. I want flight models accurate with relation to each other.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 03:09 PM
The graphics in FB are the very best. Unparalled in the flight sim world. That said, that's about it. The flight models suck. The bad part is, they suck in relation to one another. I played my old Red Baron 3 last night and it was most refreshing. The SE-5 was the fastest thing around at low to medium levels ( for WW1 Aircraft). The Fokker D-7 was supposed to be the fastest climber and superior at higher altitudes. Guess what? You could climb a D-7 up to 15,000 ft. and watch the SE-5's stalling out below in a vain attempt to reach you. The RB3 flight models may not be accurate, but they are accurate in relation to one another. This is an old flight sim. I've been playing it off and on for about 5 yrs. I want flight models accurate with relation to each other.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:47 PM
RB3D FMs suck. Try FS-WWI for FMs that are the closest thing to accurate for WWI planes anywhere. Plus I think it looks better than the latest RB3D patches too, but YMMV.

http://www.openplanesims.com

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Great! I'm very happy for you!
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us to to what exactly you find unaccurate in the FB FMs?

I've flown most of the planes people constantly complain about and have found that if you know what you're doing, they are all great machines. Even the supposedly "porked" P-47 is a killer in the right hands.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Another Sab!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:35 PM
Airbot- OK. I was trying to get away from an I-16 in a 109. I was having a terrible time and tried to get away by climbing. Went to 5000 and could still see the bullets arching around. At 6000 my own plane was getting lazy so I leveled off. The I-16 shot by me like a rocket and then dove down to get on my tail. That is just rediculous. I play only off-line, my dial up is not up to on-lineplay How can you possibly say that an I-16 should be able to outclimb a 109 at high altitude. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm doing either. I'm not the best, but I have flown flight sims for a long time. I also have a lot of real life time in light Aircraft. So that is one specific Airbot. I have more if you are interested..

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Prozac,what planes were you using?

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Knights Over Europe will banish all other WWI sims to obsolescence, much as IL-2 has done for WWII. Now that should be a good video game.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Lookong forward to Knights over Europe very much.

Wolfstricked- Thanks for your civil answer.Using BF-109 F4. Don't remember the I-16 model.
As I have said before, The graphics and effects in this game is unsurpassed in quality. Why do people get mad when bad flight models are pointed out?
Inaccurate flight models are a fact of life. It's the flight models in relation to one another that should be corrected. I-16's simply could not perform as well as any 109 at high altitude.The flight models are skewed, and the off line flyer can not exploir his planes strengths if they are not accurate in relation to his AI opponents.

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Prozac, what you describe is most likely a problem with the cheating AI, and not with the FMs. Case in point: The maximum speed of the BF-109 is around the 800+ KPh mark (don't take me up on the exact number, as I don't remember it), while the La-7 starts to break apart at around 700+. If you ever get a La-7 on your tail online, you can dive down and he can't follow because he'll start losing control surfaces soon enough. But AI La-7s regularly follow my 109s and 190s in 800 KPh and higher dives, without any visible effect.

It's sad, but true. The only way to get a real feel for the game's FMs relative to one another, is to fly online.

prozac70 wrote:
- Airbot- OK. I was trying to get away from an I-16 in
- a 109. I was having a terrible time and tried to get
- away by climbing. Went to 5000 and could still see
- the bullets arching around. At 6000 my own plane was
- getting lazy so I leveled off. The I-16 shot by me
- like a rocket and then dove down to get on my tail.
- That is just rediculous. I play only off-line, my
- dial up is not up to on-lineplay How can you
- possibly say that an I-16 should be able to outclimb
- a 109 at high altitude. Don't tell me I don't know
- what I'm doing either. I'm not the best, but I have
- flown flight sims for a long time. I also have a lot
- of real life time in light Aircraft. So that is one
- specific Airbot. I have more if you are interested..
-
-
-
-

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 05:34 PM
prozac70 wrote:
- The graphics in FB are the very best. Unparalled in
- the flight sim world. That said, that's about it.
- The flight models suck. The bad part is, they suck
- in relation to one another. I played my old Red
- Baron 3 last night and it was most refreshing. The
- SE-5 was the fastest thing around at low to medium
- levels ( for WW1 Aircraft). The Fokker D-7 was
- supposed to be the fastest climber and superior at
- higher altitudes. Guess what? You could climb a D-7
- up to 15,000 ft. and watch the SE-5's stalling out
- below in a vain attempt to reach you. The RB3 flight
- models may not be accurate, but they are accurate in
- relation to one another. This is an old flight sim.
- I've been playing it off and on for about 5 yrs. I
- want flight models accurate with relation to each
- other.
-
Ummmmm, the Spad13 is the fastest in the game. Followed by the Se5, then the Snipe. The Sopwith Triplane is the fastest climber.

I played it last night. And was reminded as to why I play it less and less. I posted a while back just what to expect playing on line. And everything I ever read tells me that the Camel could turn with the DR1. Not so in the game.
-

XyZspineZyX
09-23-2003, 05:45 PM
prozac70 wrote:
Why do people
- get mad when bad flight models are pointed out?
-
They get mad cuz they dont want there yaks & las or any Russian ac FM to be changed they like being able to climb with 109s....

- Inaccurate flight models are a fact of life. It's
- the flight models in relation to one another that
- should be corrected.

Totaly Agree !!!!

<center><font size="7" color="red">Arcade Mode Inabled[/i]</font>