PDA

View Full Version : Servers

mikesr25426
06-25-2014, 01:49 AM
I want to see servers I can rent so my clan members and friends can all play in and have control over. I used to play Raven Shield and loved it! I don't want to see servers like on Titanfall where I have to wait 10 minutes plus in between matches.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
06-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, thank you for your feedback.

Although we do not have much information about servers yet, please keep an eye on the sticky threads.

BOTA-16
06-26-2014, 08:15 PM
I want to see servers I can rent so my clan members and friends can all play in and have control over. I used to play Raven Shield and loved it! I don't want to see servers like on Titanfall where I have to wait 10 minutes plus in between matches.

As would every other PC player, but considering UBI's track record with previous FPS games, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Hi and welcome to the forums, thank you for your feedback.

Although we do not have much information about servers yet, please keep an eye on the sticky threads.

I realize it's early and don't expect much information about the game, however, this feature/opinion is expressed as an important element of the PC version in any recent FPS game UBI has published from the moment they are announced. But specific information is never released about this until right before the game launches, at release or not at all. Even when server files had been released for past games they are horribly inadequate (Vegas) at best and nonfunctional at worst (Vegas 2).

If the MP aspect of Siege is as important as it was stated in the annoncement at E3, then having proper dedicated servers should be a priority. Not a last minute piecemeal of code to appease the community. If the devs would be willing to take suggestions from the PC community, specifically about dedicated servers, that would be a great Q/A to setup, sooner rather than later.

Dome500
06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Servers would indeed increase longlievety of the game.
Considering most successful FPS games have servers to buy or rent and 1 or 2 "standard servers (managed by the companies themselves)" for their games it would be foolish to not have servers.
A P2P mutiplayer fps just doesn't work that well previous cases have proven that (remember MW2 and the outcry when there were no dedicated servers?)